Pokemon: Dreams Come True

By WellThisIsPointless

The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was reno... More

Prologue: Why I Hate Them
Chapter 1: Rejection
Chapter 2: Terror
Chapter 3: Rekindle
Chapter 4: True Beginning
Chapter 5: Moment of Truth
Chapter 6: New Trainer
Chapter 7: A Journey
Chapter 8: Conflict
Chapter 9: Trouble in Viridian Forest
Chapter 10: Two Siblings
Chapter 11: Catching Ralts Part 1
Chapter 12: Catching Ralts Part 2
Chapter 13: A Heartfelt Discussion
Chapter 14: Pewter City, At Last
Chapter 15: Pewter City Gym Part 1
Chapter 16: Pewter City Gym Part 2
Chapter 17: The Thing I Wanted To Forget
Chapter 18: Aerodactyl's Rage
Chapter 19: Mega Bonds
Chapter 20: Ass Ketchup
Chapter 21: Ambiguous
Chapter 22: Showdown at Mount Moon
Chapter 23: Bitter Hatred
Chapter 24: Misty Waters
Chapter 25: Revenge Seeker
Chapter 26: Gym Battle of the Crashing Wave
Chapter 27: Path to Vermillion
Chapter 28: The Hunt
Chapter 29: For Hire
Chapter 30: Surging Gym Battle
Chapter 31: The Dawn of a New Beginning
Chapter 32: Eerie Whispers
Chapter 33: Colossal Problems
Chapter 34: Chills
Chapter 35: Ghostly Chaos
Chapter 36: What Once Was
Chapter 37: Unwelcome Reunion
Chapter 38: Spectacle
Chapter 39: Darken
Chapter 40: Hail the Nightmare
Chapter 42: Ferocious Hatchling and Overgrown Gym Battle
Chapter 43: Remembrance
Chapter 44: Remembrance Part 2
Chapter 45: Miracles of Evolution
Chapter 46: Rift
Chapter 47: Underground City
Chapter 48: Discovery
Chapter 49: Shadow Garden
Chapter 50: Growth
Chapter 51: Bounty Hunter
Chapter 52: Piece of the Puzzle
Chapter 53: Toxic Gym Battle

Chapter 41: Vali Hates His Life

802 24 179
By WellThisIsPointless

"God, I hate teleporting," I groaned, suddenly dizzy from warping through space. "But I guess I need to get used to it."

"Lia!" Kirlia leaned her head forward, as if beckoning me.

"You're becoming too spoiled," I said. "Looks like I have to make our training hell."

Kirlia glared at me stubbornly. "Kirlia!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," I laughed at her expression, before rubbing her head.

"Lia..." she said, satisfied.

After giving Kirlia head rubs, I returned Kirlia and stretched. "It's good to be back."

"Eevee!" my partner agreed from my shoulder.

I looked around and realized I was back in my room. I went up to the bed and checked on the egg. It shook as I touched it.

"It should be close to hatching," I said, rubbing it. I headed out of my room afterwards.

"Val, you're back," Trinity said, walking over to me from the hallway. "That was quick. Did Kirlia Teleport you?"

I nodded. "Yeah, she did."

"Why do you look so tired?"

I winced. "I'll tell you later..."

She frowned, but stopped herself from asking.

"Have you told Professor Cerise what happened?"

"I told him what I know. You have the rest of the story."

"Right," I sighed. "It's time to explain to him went down."

***

Dreading having to explain, I walked to Professor Cerise's office, where he stared intensely at a computer screen.

I knocked on the doorframe to catch his attention.

Professor Cerise heard my knock and he scrambled to get up, running over to me and grabbing my shoulders.

"Vali! You're finally back! What happened?!"

"Nice to see you too," I said wryly. "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

Professor Cerise regained his composure and released his grip, his eyes filled with anticipation. "Yes, I'm sorry, I just got so excited. It's good to see that you're fine."

"Let's just get this over with, then," I said, subconsciously rubbing the back of my hand.

"Right," Professor Cerise's face became serious. "What happened? Trinity told me what she knew, but now you have to complete the story."

Then I proceeded to tell him everything that happened to me in the past ten chapters, of how I caught Gengar and Golurk, of how I caught Marshadow, and of my "theories."

"Interesting," Professor Cerise ruffled his lab coat idly, "very interesting. A Marshadow in Sinnoh? And you caught it? Wow! What a remarkable discovery!"

"So yeah, I caught a Mythical, no big deal."

"You have to let me see it!"

"No, I can't."

"Why not?" Trinity asked. Technically, she wasn't supposed to know this; she hadn't told Professor Cerise what's really going on between Marshadow and I. She was merely acting.

"Because it's roaming. It's my Pokemon, but it stayed in Hearthome Forest to protect all the Ghost-types there," I explained.

"Ah," Professor Cerise said, a little bit disappointed. "Well, that's understandable. But could you at least show me the Pokemon you two caught? I want to study them up close."

I shrugged. "I guess."

Trinity nodded. "They're rare Pokemon, so why not."

Trinity and I proceeded to let out Gengar, Golurk, and Trevenant, who all immediately made Professor Cerise's eyes sparkle. The three of them looked at us with confused looks as Professor Cerise did a whole variety of tests and scans.

"The only other person I know who has a massive Golurk is my former research fellow, Goh," Professor Cerise explained. "But this Golurk is somehow bigger. It's even worth the hole it made in the roof."

"Yeah, sorry about that," I said. I forgot how massive Golurk was and let it out, creating a massive hole in the roof.

"It's fine, we can repair that easily," Professor Cerise assured.

Trinity and I returned the three Pokemon.

Professor Cerise sat down on his chair and checked his monitor. "One Pokemon registered in your Legend Dex, Vali, that's very—" he froze as his eyes settled on something.

My fist thought was: "Oh shit."

"Vali, you encountered Darkrai?!" Professor Cerise questioned.

Now it was Trinity's turn to be surprised. "Wait, what the hell? When was this?"

"Well, uh, let's just say that Darkrai appeared in Professor Carolina's office and I had to fight it, but I couldn't catch it," I explained.

"You encountered two Mythicals in the span of three days," Professor Cerise said, looking impressed.

"I'm surprised," Trinity said wryly. "He has the worst luck in the world."

"Yeah, you're right about that," I grumbled.

"Another thing, Vali," Professor Cerise said. "What did you talk about with Professor Carolina?"

"I found out what the golden energy is," I said.

"You did?" Trinity's eyes widened.

Professor Cerise leaned forward. I knew that he was also curious about the strange energy that pervaded through me.

I proceeded to explain to them about the Frenzy and how I could use it to empower my Pokemon.

"The Frenzy..." Professor Cerise said idly. "Something like this hasn't happened since Sinnoh was called Hisui. It happened through a space-time rift, but there is no space-time rift, at least to my knowledge."

"I don't know," I lied, shrugging.

"Well, that's one mystery solved, anyway."

"Val, what about my abnormal energy?" Trinity asked.

I shook my head. "We still don't know."

She sighed. "I guess we just have to keep searching."

"Yeah," I grimly agreed. "We just have to keep going."

***

Trinity's POV

After the talk with Professor Cerise, Vali and I headed back to our rooms, utterly exhausted from the constant life-or-death situations.

But the thought of not knowing what the source of my strange energy was kept nagging me. What could it possibly be?

The voice in my head continued to ring through my mind. I knew that Vali has been having similar visions.

"Let the darkness take over the hearts of your Pokemon," the terrible voice had said to her.

"This is what Vali feels, isn't it?" I said softly as I laid on my bed.

All those times I continued to push him to tell me what was going through his head suddenly made me realize my mistake.

"I really am an inconsiderate bitch, aren't I?" I whispered. Pikachu was asleep next to me, so he didn't hear.

It's ironic, isn't it, when Vali is patient with me but I'm not patient with him. He gives me space when I need it, but I keep pushing him to tell me his problems.

Goddamnit, why was I so stupid?

He was one of my only friends, and I didn't want him to suffer so much alone. But pushing him just makes it even worse.

I just didn't want the closest friend I have to be in so much pain. But I end up making things worse.

One of my biggest flaws is my pride: the belief that I could help people and comfort them. But at the same time one of my biggest flaws was my self-consciousness.

Both those feelings clash with each other, making me feel even more unsure about myself.

"What the hell am I saying?" I asked myself. "I'm being so stupid."

Vali was my friend—possibly my best friend. I knew what I had to do.

I walked out of my room and was about to head Vali's room when I realize that he was by the window, staring off into space, his hand on the windowsill. Eevee wasn't with him, for whatever reason.

Without a word, I stood next to him, looking at the horizon above.

"Do you ever feel hopeless?" Vali asked without indication that he was going to speak.

"You have no idea," I said ruefully. "Do you?"

"Sometimes," he admitted. "And I hate that feeling."

"Me too," I agreed.

"That voice in your head, does it ever call out to you?" he asked, as if he knew what I was thinking.

"Always."

"Mine too."

"But we never know what their calls mean," I said.

"We don't," Vali shook his head.

"Vali... look, I'm sorry for being so inconsiderate to your feelings," I began to, lowering my head. "I wanted to help you, but all I did was make you even more mad. I barely have any patience, and I pushed that flaw onto you. I just get so concerned for you."

"Heh," Vali chuckled mirthlessly. "And I get concerned for you, too. You're the only friend I have."

"But still... I just don't want you to suffer so much."

Vali sighed. "Suffering is a part of being human. And sometimes it's hard for us to share our suffering with others."

He continued. "But in order to tell others of our problems, we sometimes need a push. It's that, or we require time, because time is sometimes the greatest medicine for pain. I knew that you needed time, because I know how that confusion feels. Forces are calling out to us, but the question is: how do we respond to it?"

"You need patience, right?" I asked.

"Right now, I do," he said. "But when I fought with Michael, I needed that push from you. If you hadn't pushed me to tell you what had happened to... then I would have been even angrier that I was."

"Val, you're like a brother to me," I admitted. "And I'm sorry. Because you have been patient with me, when I should have been patient with you."

Vali smiled slightly, a hint of delight in his eyes. "And you're like a sister to me, Trin," he said, holding up his fist. "And that means we have to learn to be patient with each other. We are friends after all."

I smiled back, bumping his fist.

"Then let's get stronger together," we said at once.

***

Vali's POV

Two weeks has passed since our expedition in Hearthome Forest. Yes, a timeskip, finally, I know.

Trinity and I had been ramping up our training ever since we got back. We decided that we had to get stronger. Things were going to get much more dangerous as time went on, and we couldn't afford to get complacent.

Apparently, Professor Cerise had a dome built for the two of us while we were gone. It was built right next to the dome that Ash and Goh used to shelter their Pokemon. It was for some reason bigger than theirs and had a wall that split it in half, so that each of us could get an area all to ourselves.

The halves of the dome each had a wide variety of environments such as lush fields, emerald seas of trees, sparkling lakes, jagged, rocky areas, and desolate lumps of dry land. All in all, it was a grand sight to see.

It was massive, with enough space for tens, maybe hundreds, of Pokemon.

"Kirlia, use Psychic, Hattrem, use Confusion. Keep clashing!" I shouted to them. They were continuously trading their psychic attacks without rest, remaining steadfast even in the face of such powerful attacks.

"Now, mix it up!"

Kirlia, without making any indication of what she was trying to do, flicked her hand and shot out a spiraling orb of eerie energy, shooting it at Hattrem.

Hattrem's braids became engulfed in a red and black malicious energy that crackled sparked wildly. She swung one of them at the Shadow Ball. Hattrem's Brutal Swing then deflected it, sending it flying to her left, where it inevitably exploded.

"Good," I nodded, satisfied. "Now keep sparring." Then I walked away, going over to where Eevee was training with Gengar, who wanted to teach her how to fight Ghost-types.

"Gen, Gengar!" Gengar explained, waving his hands around as he did, making it look comical in the process. In demonstration, he walked five feet backward and released a powerful Dark Pulse.

Yeah, we had figured out how to teach a Pokemon more than four moves. Pretty much, every Pokemon has an instinct to only know four moves, for whatever reason. It was a difficult process to understand, and the root of the problem was also hard to identify.

Trinity and I noticed a week ago that if we tried teaching a Pokemon a fifth move, they would always replace another move with it and won't be able to use it again until they replace another move. So we figured that something must be blocking them from using the move without restrictions.

It sounded like some sort of limiter.

After that epiphany, we trained our Pokemon to ignore that instinct and use the move anyway. After some trial and error, we managed to succeed with four Pokemon: the two Kirlia, Gengar, and Hattrem.

Eevee thought about it for a bit with a serious expression. After a small pause, she used Mimic, copying the Dark Pulse.

But she didn't use Dark Pulse. Instead, she winked at Gengar, activating her Attract, causing him to have hearts in his eyes. She used Dark Pulse and struck Gengar point-blank, knocking him away.

Gengar snapped out of his daze and looked at her with a grin. "Gengar!" he said approvingly.

I left them afterwards, going back to where I was before. I noticed that Trinity's Kirlia was training with his sister and Hattrem.

Elekid, the newest addition to my team, was making steady progress as well. I'd noticed that he preferred to train alone. He took every opportunity to please me with his moves. His Thunder Shock looked much stronger than before, so I decided to humor him by praising him, to which he responded by looking satisfied.

Besides training, Trinity and I have been battling other Trainers in the Battle Institute, which originated in Kalos but eventually branched out to other regions, such as Kanto.

Trainers participating in it could do single battles or double battles. We mostly did single battles, as there was an option to do 1v1s. Oh yeah, you had to fight five consecutive battles. So not only did it test your Pokemon' abilities in battle, but also their endurance.

A lot of people assume I'm going to use Kirlia, so they bring Poison- or Steel-types, and I counter them with Golurk, who fucking one-shotted them with Earthquake.

There were times when Trinity and I were matched up with each other, so just for fun, we would use both Kirlia. And for some reason, they would always end up with a draw, which frustrated the both of them.

***

I walked through Vermilion City, not really going anywhere in particular. I wanted to look at the various shops, as there was a certain item I wanted to buy. I also wanted to check out the arcade I saw when Trinity and I first arrived here.

The streets were bustling and full of people, but despite this, it wasn't super crowded. High buildings towered over the onlookers, and billboards displayed advertisements. Smaller buildings were also strewn around the city, which were filled with various wonders. On the sidewalks, stands that sold goods were prominent.

For the next hour I looked through the stands and the shops, but all of them said that they didn't have the item I was looking for.

"I'm sorry, but an item like that is very hard to find in Kanto," the apologetic storeowner said. "You could probably get it shipped from Sinnoh."

The item I wanted was an Electirizer, which could be used to evolve an Electabuzz (Elekid's evolution) into an Electivire.

I guess I was going to have to order one online.

After that, I decided to head to the arcade for bit. As I walked, I basked in the cool midday air, feeling a sense of tranquility wash over me.

The nasty looks people were shooting me was not lost on me. I knew they hated me, and that hatred felt sweet to me. The daggers in their eyes were like tender kisses to me. The knowledge that I had power over them due to their hate made me grin a little.

The glares of the girls were even more obvious. They looked at me as if I was going to do something to them. I ignored them, occasionally "accidentally" causing some to trip.

What? Did you guys think I was going to attract any girl without any effort? Who do you think I am?

As I neared the arcade's entrance, an annoyingly familiar voice reached my ears, instantly making my good mood evaporate.

"Oh, Vali! I didn't think you would be here!" Pofary said with a cutesy smile, leaning toward me.

I glared at her suspiciously. "You were following me, weren't you?"

"What? Me?" Pofary asked innocently. "Of course not."

"I'll pretend like I believe you," I rolled my eyes and turned my back toward her. "Just leave me the fuck alone."

But she continued following me as I was about to walk into the arcade.

"You were definitely not planning to go inside."

"I am, as a matter of fact," she said with a strange expression. "Meeting you here was actually a coincidence."

"That's a lie," I rolled my eyes. "I bet you can't even name a game in there."

Pofary giggled. "I was going in to play Chunithm, Sound Voltex, EZ2AC FINAL: EX, maybe some Pump It Up."

I raised one eyebrow, surprised that she knew those rhythm games. "I wouldn't have guessed you played rhythm games."

She shrugged. "No one would. I may be a popstar, but I like to indulge in my hobbies from time to time."

"Don't you have bodyguards?"

"I ditched them," she smirked

"By the way," I said, "where's your Sylveon?"

"Oh, Sylvie?" she smiled slightly. "She was taking a nap, so I didn't want to disturb her. Where's your Eevee?"

I shrugged. "Training."

"Hmm," she appraised me. "Vali, let's go on a date!"

"Hell no," I said without hesitation.

As I said that, I noticed some people stirring. There was a café next to the arcade, and I saw some guys sitting on the outside chairs. They had powerful Pokemon on their side like Kommo-o, Haxorus, stuff like that.

"Those are your fans, aren't they?" I sighed.

"They think that any person who rejects me should be thought a lesson," Pofary grinned. "You have no choice."

Kirlia was back at the lab training with her brother and Hattrem. I only had Gengar with me because it would be stupid if I left without a Pokemon. I couldn't Teleport away and I doubt Gengar could take on such powerful Pokemon.

I was trapped. Maybe I could beat the shit out of the simps, but the Pokemon? I doubted it.

There was no other choice but to play along.

"Won't your simps be mad if I go on a date with you? Surely you don't want to be like those Twitch streamers who lose their views because their fanbase found out that they have a boyfriend."

"They'll develop an inferiority complex when they see you go on a date with me," Pofary said, unconcerned.

I heard pop music playing from the direction of Pofary's fans. Her annoying voice rang through the area.

"Not only did she steal my first kiss, but my first date will be with this bitchy popstar," I thought, grimacing.

"Fine then," I grumbled. "Let's just get this over with."

Pofary beamed. "I did say I'll make you fall in love with me. And that's what I'm going to do."

"I doubt it, you stupid bitch."

We don't simp around here. Relationships are temporary, but DOOM is Eternal.

"Jeez, you really need to let loose." Pofary's smile turned cheeky. "If you want, I could "relieve" some of that stress."

"Hell no," I said coldly. "I know for a fact that you have every STD in the book. I don't want that shit. Besides, if you get pregnant I would have to disappear into the night."

"STD's?" Pofary asked, confused. "But I'm a virgin."

My eyes widened. "I refuse to fucking believe that. You are literally a whore. You literally offered me sex right now you dumbass."

"Oh that," Pofary waved her hand dismissively. "I tell any guy that to get their hopes up." Her grin became evil. "It always works."

Arceus, I wanted to beat the shit out of her.

Pofary looked at me curiously. "Vali, are you a virgin."

"Yeah, I am," I said without hesitation or shame. "Why? Is that bad?"

She looked genuinely surprised. "Normally guys get embarrassed by that."

I rolled my eyes. "Having your virginity isn't the end of the world. Unlike other guys, I don't obsess with losing it. I simply don't give a shit."

Pofary looked at me strangely. "Huh, you're weird, Vali."

"I'm the weird one?" I scoffed.

Pofay giggled. "Let's go inside now!" she said, clinging to my arm, back to her usual self.

"I hate my life," I grumbled.

I fucking hate you author! Why do you always do this shit to me?

While searching for the Electrizer I was also surreptitiously looking for a rich and generous old man I could coincidentally run into and find out that he was willing to buy pictures of Shiny Pokemon for an absurd amount of money and send him a picture of my Shiny Hattrem.

But of course, I didn't find one.

Why, oh why, couldn't I have Plot Armor?

"Let's go in, shall we?" Pofary beckoned.

"Fine," I grumbled, following her inside of the arcade.

It wasn't too big, but there weren't many people in there. The light was dim, but the light from the arcade machines more than made up for it. The grand selection of games was astonishment. I recognized some to be imported from other regions. Racing games, fighting games, rhythm games, you name it—it was all there.

Pofary and walked up to the counter in front of door. Instead of getting tokens to play games, you buy a bracelet for a certain amount of money that permits you entry and unlimited use of the arcade machines for that day.

This arcade was great because it was pretty cheap and had great games. In arcades where you had to buy credits or tokens, it gets expensive to play there for long periods of time.

When we bought the bracelets, the cashier said, "Enjoy your date."

Let's just say I was even more annoyed.

As we looked around, I found myself amazed.

"Yeah, this place is great," Pofary said. "I always go here when I have free time."

"What rhythm games does it have, though?" I asked.

She smirked. "Come on."

I followed her as she showed me around the place. The amount of good rhythm games it has was actually amazing.

Let me tell you this: only few rhythm games are good. Games like OSU are hot trash. Friday Night Funkin' is the biggest disgrace I've ever played. Guitar Hero is literally just a clone of Gitadora.

The fact that this arcade had good games instead of the garbage that other arcades have was amazing.

The feeling beat sex any day.

Okay, maybe I was exaggerating a little bit. But the feeling was great, okay? That meant that these games were close to me.

Pofary brought me to the greatest game in that arcade: Chunithm.

"Holy shit, I think I could die happy."

"I felt the same way," Pofary giggled and brought out a card. It was one of those amusement cards you could buy to make your own profile in certain arcade games.

"You even have an Aime card?"

"Yeah, I've been playing Chunithm since it came out."

"No way, how good are you?"

"You'll see," Pofary touched the Aime card to the reader, and her profile appeared on the screen. Her username was "Sylfary."

Chunithm was tied for the best rhythm game—in my very accurate opinion—for good reason: it uses sensors. Instead of pressing buttons, you tap on the sensors. Some notes you have to tap, others you have to hold. But there are notes where you literally have to hold your hand above the sensors and flick your hand to end the air notes. And that shit was awesome.

She began to navigate the menu until she got to a particular song that I loved playing in Chunithm, called Trrricksters!!

Then Pofary began to play a Master 15 song—the hardest difficulty in Chunithm.

I can do 15's, but she's able to not only full combo the song, but also All Justice it.

Meaning she did the song perfectly.

When she was done, my eyes were wide.

"Holy shit, how?"

She smiled wryly. "Playing a lot. You try."

I proceeded to do Trrricksters!! 15 as well, but I couldn't full combo, much less All Justice it.

Pofary grinned. "You can do 15's, at least. But I can All Justice it. I guess I win."

I grimaced. "Fine, I guess I have to do another song."

I scrolled through the menu until I hovered over Ai Nov by Feryquitous, one of my favorite rhythm game artists. Ai Nov was from another rhythm game called Ongeki.

Sadly, it only went up to Master 13. But it didn't matter because it really isn't that different.

I All Justice'd it.

Pofary smirked. "Not bad. I see you a play a lot Chunithm."

"You probably play even more."

"True."

In Chunithm, there are three rounds you play, and you play a song every round. After that, the set ends and you can either continue or just stop playing.

We played one more round and went on to other rhythm games.

By unspoken consent, we went on to play Pump It Up, which was like Dance Dance Revolution in a way, but it had five keys instead of four. Oh yeah, we call buttons in rhythm games keys.

I was worse at Pump It Up than the rhythm games you play by hand, but I still beat Pofary in all three rounds. She was really good, though, and made me sweat a little.

"Ugh, I lost," Pofary sighed, smiling. "But I will beat you in DDR."

"Not likely," I smirked.

Then we played a set of Dance Dance Revolution, our feet moving at the speed of light.

And yeah, I beat her in all three rounds.

"How can you be this good?" Pofary wondered.

"You beat me in Chunithm," I shrugged. "Gotta even out the score."

"How about we play IIDX?" Pofary suggested.

"Fine," I growled. I hated IIDX, I liked EZ2AC better, even though both of them have seven keys. Imagine having to use seven fucking keys while keeping up with notes that go at the speed of light? I was definitely better at EZ2AC than IIDX.

By the way, IIDX was the first rhythm ever made. EZ2AC was part of the EZ2DJ series, which was almost as old as IIDX.

We started playing IIDX. The weirdest part of IIDX was that it never clicked for me. I for some reason could never get good at it.

And yeah, Pofary destroyed me.

She smirked playfully. "What? Can't handle seven keys?"

"Fine, I demand a tiebreaker," I said.

"Oh? What game?"

I grinned. "EZ2AC."

Her eyes widened briefly. I could tell that her dilemma was the contrary.

"Fine!"

Then we went to the EZ2AC: Final EX machine.

This was my zone. This was my strong suit.

Because it had my song.

It had Kamui by Tj.Hangneil.

I proceeded to destroy that shit.

"Holy shit..." Pofary breathed.

"Kamui has been my warmup song for any rhythm game that has it for a long time now," I explained. "It's become my staple."

Pofary played the other two rounds and failed miserably.

"Damn it," Pofary shook her head. "You win then." Then she smirked. "How about we play Sound Voltex."

I grinned. "You're on."

***

After playing a set of Sound Voltex—which I won by the way—we played non-rhythm games. We also played a lot of fighting games and some other, shitty games that were made for the normal people who don't play rhythm games.

Throughout this "date" Pofary seemed more... normal? I don't know.

After looking at screens for like five hours straight, we decided to stop and eat some lunch. The arcade also sold food, so we got burgers.

As we sat down, Pofary smirked. "So, did you enjoy yourself."

I shrugged. "Wasn't bad."

"I promised that I would make you fall in love with me. Guys should know that I'm the greatest."

"Yeah, I'm never falling in love with you," I chuckled and took a bite out of my burger.

Pofary smiled. "We'll see."

We ate our burgers while having some idly conversation. She stopped with the "I'll make you fall in love with me bullshit" and acted like a normal person.

I guess she was a closeted nerd or something. I wonder why she even became a famous popstar.

"Hey, Pofary, I have question for you," I asked.

"Sure," she said.

"Is your sister Roxie, the Poison-type Gym Leader from Unova?"

Pofary pursed her lips, her cheeriness disappearing. I knew I guessed it.

"How do you know that?"

"You look like her," I said, "and you have her same stubbornness and confidence."

Pofary had white hair and blue eyes, just like Roxie.

"Have you met her before?"

"I have, when my mom used to take me to Undella Town."

"Right, your mom is Cynthia," Pofary said, her gaze distant. "I never went to Undella Town with Roxie."

"Do you two not get along?"

Pofary looked bitter, which surprised me. "What does it look like?"

I sigh. "You're not the only one with sister issues," I muttered.

Pofary looked at me with a strange expression. "You too, huh?"

"Yeah," I nodded solemnly. "I wish I could tell you that it gets better, but..."

Pofary sighed. "Yeah, I know how that feels."

"But I know a trick to make you feel better."

Pofary's eyes lit up. "What?"

"Forget about her. Cast her out of your life as if she was never your sister. Trust me, it works."

Pofary smiled softly, acting nothing like her haughty personality. "Thanks Vali—wait, you were nice to me! Does that mean my charms are working?"

I rolled my eyes. "Shut the fuck up. I'm not nice because I want to, but because I know how it feels to have a shitty older sister."

Pofary giggled. "Tsundere!"

"I'm not a tsundere!"

***

After we finished, we headed out of the arcade, realizing that it was getting dark.

"Who timeskipped reality what the fuck?" I could have sworn it was only noon. Maybe we were in there for longer than we thought.

"I had fun, Vali," Pofary smirked. "Are you in love with me yet, Vali? I know you had a lot of fun going out on this date with me."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I'm not falling in love with you."

Pofary smiled, but this time it was different. "But thanks Vali, for coming here with me. It was fun."

I shrugged. "Whatever."

I was about to leave when someone said, "You peasant don't have the right to even stand near our goddess Pofary!"

I looked at the person and in front of me stood a stereotypical morbidly obese simp that looked like he tier-three subbed female streamers on Twitch.

"Who the fuck are you?" I rolled my eyes. "You look like you spent all your college funds to look at a streamer's feet."

Pofary sighed. "He's just a fan..."

"Don't worry, my goddess!" the fan said, smiling what he probably thought was a charming smile. "I will not let him defile your succulent body!"

Pofary looked disgusted at that.

"I will fight for your honor! Come out, Dusclops!"

"A Dusclops," I muttered. "Okay then."

"Yeah!" the fan gloated. "I'll be the one that Pofary loves!"

I rolled my eyes and threw out my Poke Ball. Gengar appeared, a grin on his face.

"Gengar!" he shouted with delight and excitement.

"That's a big Gengar," the fan's eyes widened. "But no matter! Dusclops, use Shadow Ball!"

I yawned. "Gengar, use Dark Pulse."

Gengar chuckled menacingly and cut through the Shadow Ball with Dark Pulse and hit Dusclops, bashing it backward.

"Gen, gen, gen," Gengar chuckled evilly, making Dusclops nervous.

"Come on Dusclops, don't let this fiend win! Psychic!"

"Sucker Punch."

The moment before Dusclops could galvanize Psychic, Gengar flashed toward it and punched it in the face, stunning it.

"Now Shadow Ball."

Gengar put his hand on Dusclop's face like Vegeta and blasted it with Shadow Ball.

Dusclops fell on the floor, unconscious.

"Jeez, you're fucking weak," I scratched my head. "No wonder you spend your life savings on being an absolute cuck, you can't do anything else."

"What... I-I lost..." the fan shook with despair. "No... I failed my goddess Pofary..."

Pofary shook her head. "I never wanted your help anyway. I was the one asked him for the date."

The fan looked at me with unbridled rage and charged at me with a punch. "It's your fault! You must pay!"

I caught the fist in my hand, making his eyes go wide.

I grinned cruelly. "Oh, that was a mistake."

Fear clouded his eyes.

***

After I was done beating the shit out of him, I threw him into the nearby dumpster.

Pofary looked at me worriedly. "Did you kill him?"

"I don't think so," I shrugged, not caring if he died or not. "You have creepy ass fans."

"I know..."

I noticed Pofary stealing glances, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Stop looking at me like that, it's weird," I said.

Pofary flinched.

"Well, I'm going back home," I said.

Pofary hugged me, causing me to recoil. "I had a good time."

"Get off me," I grumbled and pushed her off.

Pofary leaned into me and whispered into my ear. "I will make you fall in love with me. Don't think you can escape me."

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes and walked away. "I hope I don't see you again."

I could practically feel Pofary's smile as I walked away.

The walk to the lab was brisk. When I opened the door, Trinity spotted me.

"Oh, hey Val. Where have you been?"

"Out."

"Hmm," she inspected me. "Something else happened."

"Nope, nothing at all," I stared at her blankly.

Trinity rolled her eyes playfully. "Fine, you can tell me it later."

"How was the training?"

"Great," Trinity grinned. "A shame you missed out."

"It wasn't worth missing out, I'll be honest."

Trinity chuckled.

I went back to my room. I spotted Eevee sleeping on my bed, curled up into a fluffy ball. I sat down on the bed next to the egg and began to rub it.

Suddenly, it began to shake, slowly at first, before picking up speed. My eyes widened.

"Trin! Come here!" I called out.

Trinity rushed to my room. "What happened?!" she asked frantically.

"Relax, there's nothing wrong," I assured. "Look! The egg is hatching!"

"Really?" Trinity went up to the egg.

Then the egg began to glow white.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Holy shit I actually updated. I'm so sorry guys for not uploading for like three weeks. I know I've made you all wait. But here I am now.

This chapter is sort of filler. But I wanted Pofary to make another appearance. She's still obsessed with making Vali fall in love with her because she considers him inferior, but she's much less infuriating now.

At first, I wanted Trinity and Vali to end up together, but I scrapped that when I realized that they were better suited to have a platonic relationship. They now see each other as siblings and care for each other a lot.

The egg is about to hatch. What do you guys think will hatch from it?

And yes, I'll be slowly establishing Pokemon having more than four moves.

Guys, the Vali harem is possible! Who do you guys think will be in it? And who do you guys think Trinity will end up with?

Yes, I am making Vali being a tsundere a running gag.

I went to watch Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse yesterday and oh my god that was such a phenomenal experience. It was definitely better than the first one and a cinematic masterpiece. Beyond the Spiderverse is going to be wild. Have you guys watched Across the Spiderverse? If you haven't, you should watch it in theatres, trust me it will be one of the best experiences ever.

And as always, if you guys have any Pokemon, characters, or locations you all would like to see next, please suggest them in the comments. I love to read them.

I'm out. Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 6.4K 60
After travelling back to Kanto from a long holiday with his Mom, Ash finds all of his friends in the Kanto region. They all meet and discover a tourn...
68 0 15
Eleanor is a young, 10 year old girl that lives alone with her father, Simon and his Pikachu. Along with the rest of his team. She is a 5'3" blonde g...
181K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...
20.3K 1.2K 28
[Male Reader x Pokémon] The world of Pokémon. A world filled with monsters capable of mass destruction and violence. Somehow Humanity created a way t...