The Double Agent of Lungmen

By Ochre_

"Your mission is to infiltrate the Reunion Movement and provide intel to the LGD." - Ch'en. Xiu Xian, an ise... More

Chapter 1: Damn it, Ch'en Sir!
Chapter 2: Brother Fei Fan! (Extraordinary Brother)
Chapter 3: Why so Hot-Headed?
Chapter 4: Coincidence?
Chapter 5: Yours is Mine
Chapter 6: Frostnova
Chapter 7: Is this Plastic Surgery?
Chapter 8: Becoming a popsicle?
Chapter 9: Is She Flirting with Me?
Chapter 10: You Can't
Chapter 11: Mission Briefing
Chapter 12: Horrible Timing
Chapter 13: An Irrefutable Reason!
Chapter 14: That Originium looks a bit strange.
Chapter 15: I Saved You~
Chapter 16: Bondage or Cosplay?
Chapter 17: I Know How You Counter-Terrorize!
Chapter 18: Glory to Ursus!
Chapter 19: It's Good to be Prepared
Chapter 20: Shameless
Chapter 21: Flashy without Substance
Chapter 23: Suspicion
Chapter 24: I'm Back!
Chapter 25: Swire
Chapter 26: Busy Times
Chapter 27: Investigation
Chapter 28: What the hell!
Chapter 29: Not Part of the Plan
Chapter 30: It's So Hard For Me!
Chapter 31: It's Gonna Hurt a Bit
Chapter 32: Couple's Bath?
Chapter 33: Sleeping Together?
Chapter 34: Stop Eating Shit!
Chapter 35: No Hope
Chapter 36: Talking Behind My Back?
Chapter 37: You Scared?
Chapter 38: Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 39: I Just Want to Get Outta Here
Chapter 40: Full of Holes
Chapter 41: You Shameless Litterbug!
Chapter 42: My Wife and I
Chapter 43: It's not Quite so Simple
Chapter 44: Everything's in Chaos
Chapter 45: Weaseling a Way Out
Chapter 46: Playing Dirty
Chapter 47: I was Looking for You Too
Chapter 48: Each Investigating Their Own
Chapter 49: Operation: Rizzing a Police Officer?

Chapter 22: There Remain Others

1.2K 65 2
By Ochre_

Xiu Xian approached the lifeless body of Kozlov on the ground, wearing an expression of shock. Slowly, he closed Kozlov's still open eyes.

"Is this how one's time period limits their perspective?" Xiu Xian muttered, "Under certain circumstances, people often fail to consider some very obvious things. Once you learned arts, you thought of practicing combat skills, holding a dagger for close quarters combat. But why didn't you consider carrying an AK-47 of justice with you? That would be a true weapon."

As Xiu Xian spoke, he patted the guy's shoulder and glanced at his staff nearby.

"The chances of being discovered are slim," Xiu Xian placed his staff beside him, "But I'm sorry, in order to avoid exposure, I must do this."

Xiu Xian lightly tapped the Originium crystal at the top of the staff with his finger, then turned and walked towards the overturned armored vehicle.

Meanwhile, the Originium crystal on the staff, which had already lost its luster, began to slowly regain its radiance, growing brighter and brighter.

Xiu Xian reached the side of the armored vehicle and took out a piece of originium from his sac. He casually threw it next to Kozlov's body.

Then, Xiu Xian turned and left.

An explosion roared from behind, and a blast of heat rushed out, shattering all the glass in the vicinity.

Xiu Xian stopped at a corner.

He opened the communication device and adjusted his tone, "Boss, are you secretly a grandma? I've taken care of my side already. When are you going to be done?"

"Shut up!" The voice that came through was Crownslayer's.

After a moment, Crownslayer landed in front of Xiu Xian.

Xiu Xian had a cheerful expression, "You're a bit late."

But this time, Crownslayer didn't banter with him. Instead, she grabbed Xiu Xian's hand and exclaimed, "Hurry, let's go!"

"Huh? What?" Xiu Xian hadn't even realized what was happening when Crownslayer pulled him along, running at full speed!

And they probably ran for over a kilometer without stopping.

Aren't infected supposed to be weak and frail? Running for over a kilometer and still going?

Is this the infected olympics or what?

"I... need... an explanation." Xiu Xian gasped for breath and asked.

Crownslayer's response was only three words, "It's coming!"

Just as Xiu Xian was about to ask what was coming, the distant night sky suddenly became as bright as day.

Terrifying Originium energy emanated from the direction of the false sun in the dark sky!

"Take cover!" Crownslayer pulled Xiu Xian with her and leaped into a nearby building, pressing him to the ground!

In the next moment, Xiu Xian felt the entire floor shake as if in an earthquake. Furniture in the room was lifted by a tremendous force and crashed against the walls!

Xiu Xian wanted to speak but when he opened his mouth, a rush of hot air rushed in, almost scorching him. This made Xiu Xian decide to stay silent.

Within moments, the blast subsided, and Crownslayer, panting heavily, sat up, "Phew, we've finally made it through."

"What... was that?"

This was the first time Xiu Xian had witnessed such a terrifying release of Originium energy.

Crownslayer nodded towards the window, "Go... take a look over there."

Xiu Xian walked up to the window and looked into the distance. There, in the sky, a fiery cloud appeared, accompanied by a resolute female voice.

"To all those who harmed my Infected comrades under the Reunion Movement, you will be punished! Chernobog, today is just the beginning! You will undoubtedly pay a greater price for your actions today!"

Talulah!

It was Talulah's voice!

"Retreat." This was Talulah's final word.

Though it was a command to retreat, at this moment, her voice carried such force that it seemed like she wasn't retreating but attacking!

"Let's go." Crownslayer leaped out of the window, "The guards won't chase us."

"Because of the leader's threat?" Xiu Xian quickly followed suit.

"No, it's because under the leader's arts, they won't have the slightest ability to pursue us." Crownslayer walked ahead, looking back and asking, "By the way, how did you deal with that guy?"

Xiu Xian shrugged his shoulders, "It was simple, just three steps."

"Three steps?"

"First, I ran to the side of the armored vehicle. Second, I took out an Originium crystal. Third, I threw it at him when he was using Originium energy." Xiu Xian made a reminiscent expression, "Then, with a bang, the Originium crystal exploded along with his staff. That guy was taken care of."

Crownslayer's steps noticeably froze for a moment upon hearing those words. "You... use Originium crystals as hand grenades?"

"It's really powerful," Xiu Xian pretended not to understand the meaning behind Crownslayer's tone, "and it comes with a chance for infection, very handy."

Crownslayer raised an eyebrow, "Do you know how much one of those things cost?"

"Of course."

"Hehehe," Crownslayer chuckled dryly, "So you're telling me you have enough money to use Originium as hand grenades, yet you still run a black clinic?"

Xiu Xian patted his chest, "As a doctor, it is my duty to help others without regard for profit."

"If you continue using that fake tone, I'll beat you up."

Xiu Xian wrinkled his nose at Crownslayer and then said, "These Originium crystals are pieced together from those peeled from patients' bodies. No reputable place wants them, and they can't be sold in large quantities on the black market. I don't want to sell a few crystals and then have my doorstep blocked. But now I'm not afraid anymore."

"Not afraid?"

Xiu Xian smirked, "I've handed over these things to Reunion. The movement can't ignore my reward, right? This surely counts as a meritorious act?"

Crownslayer's eye twitched, "Hmm, I'll keep it in mind."

"Tsk," Xiu Xian grumbled discontentedly, "These are Originium crystals, you know? One is worth 30,000 LMD in the market! The pouch I have is worth nearly a million LMD."

Crownslayer sneered, "Nearly a million? I heard in Lungmen, that's not even enough to buy half a piano."

Xiu Xian was left speechless for a while, but finally muttered, "Better than nothing."

"If I had known the black market population had ran away completely," Crownslayer turned her head and glared at Xiu Xian, "I definitely wouldn't have come to this place with you!"

Speaking of which," Xiu Xian's voice suddenly changed, "Doesn't lord Crownslayer find it strange?"

"Hmm?"

"Why did all the people from the black market retreat?"

"Isn't it because of you?" Crownslayer glanced at Xiu Xian, "Because you were exposed."

"The people from the black market have had contact with you guys before, and there were Infected among them," Xiu Xian asked slowly, "But we haven't seen them retreat so thoroughly before, right? Entire buildings have been emptied."

Crownslayer stopped in her tracks, "What do you mean?"

"This large-scale evacuation is definitely related to the Chernobog government. When we were ambushed, those guys were obviously well-prepared, right?"

"Are you saying..."

"Our movements were exposed from the start," Xiu Xian said with narrowed eyes, "There... there are more traitors within the movement!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.5K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
6.2K 140 8
Ok so. . . . I watched a lot of YouTube about Armoured Core. . . . . Then I went onto Google. . . . You can see were this is going. Anyway, just want...
102K 3.4K 37
Yep... The title says it all, oh and this is a y/n story so ye Might sometimes do serious scene and comedic but meh, who knows. Read it if you want t...
2.1K 187 8
-ජිමින් ඇයි මාව මගඅරින්නෙ මට තියෙන්නෙ ගලක් නෙමේ හිතක් කියලා උඹ දන්නෙ නැද්ද? හහ් ඇත්තද? Vmin කියල ගහල තිබ්බ මේසෙ Taekook වෙනකොට , වෙනදා Assignment කරන...