The Marriage Proposal (Tokyo...

נכתב על ידי RivkaKwon

"Mr. Sano, it is you who needed me not the other way around." The Marriage Proposal, a Manjiro "Mikey" S... עוד

The Marriage Proposal
Story Playlist
0.*
1.
2.
3.*
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.*
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.*
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.*
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.*
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.*
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.*
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.*
52.
53
54.
55.
Special Chapter
56.
58.*
59.

57.

1K 52 9
נכתב על ידי RivkaKwon

The evening air was filled with tension as the Blue Plate restaurant's elegant ambience masked the brewing storm within. Denise sat at the table, her thoughts still lingering on the strange encounter she witnessed earlier - Manjiro and Rika together, seemingly enjoying a casual dinner who is now sitting awkwardly in front of her.

Dinner continued, but Den's mind was elsewhere. The moment they finished their meal, Donatello excused himself with a polite smile, claiming some urgent business.

"Excuse me my dear, but I need to go now," Donatello said as he looked sadly at his younger cousin. "Some urgent matter needed my presence and I could not decline it any further." Den watched him leave, a flicker of concern in her eyes, but she decided not to press him.

As the evening progressed, the tension clung to her like an invisible shroud. Den couldn't shake the feeling of whether to stand up and make the two people in front of her bath in champagne and wine or stand up and walk out quietly as if nothing happened. When the dinner concluded, she chose to stand up, intending to leave with Haruchiyo and go home.

However, as she was about to, Manjiro called her, and an awkward pause filled the air. Rika and Haruchiyo could sense an unspoken tension, a subtle shift that made both of them uneasy so did the Bonten executives who were now closely approaching their table as Donatello and his gang were by now gone. Den eyed Rika, who was trying to hide her discomfort, and then turned to Manjiro, his expression a mix of guilt and reluctance.

"You can explain yourselves now." Den demanded, her voice firm yet tinged with vexation.

Manjiro hesitated, exchanging a glance with Rika. "Wife, please listen to what I am about to say calmly okay?" he finally said, guiding her away from the prying eyes of the restaurant patrons.

Once in a quieter corner, the truth spilt out. Mikey explained the mission - investigating Donatello Lombardi, assessing the threat he might pose to the Bonten family, and the contingency plan to eliminate the danger. Den's breath caught in her throat as the weight of the revelation settled in.

"Eliminate him?" Den whispered, her voice barely audible. "Manjiro Sano, that's my brother! You're talking about my family!"

Manjiro sighed, running a hand through his silver hair. "Wife, I know this is hard to process now, but please understand the situation first... Please... I don't really have a choice."

"Choice? What about trust? Did you think I couldn't handle the truth?" Den's eyes were a mix of hurt and anger.

Rika stepped forward, attempting to offer some clarity. "Mrs. Sano, it wasn't about not trusting you. We were trying to protect you from the burden of this situation."

"Protect me? By keeping me in the dark? That's not protection at all, that's betrayal!" Den's voice wavered with emotion.

"I should've told you," Mikey admitted, his gaze heavy with regret. "But we needed to act quickly, and I thought-"

"You thought what? That I couldn't handle it? That I'd crumble under the weight of the truth?" Den interrupted, her frustration bubbling to the surface.

Rindou, who had been observing the scene silently, decided to intervene, not wanting both parties to hurt each other even more. "Denise, it's a rather complicated situation. Mikey had to make a tough call for the safety of everyone."

"Don't defend him, Rindou. You're just as guilty," Den retorted, her disappointment evident.

During the heated exchange, Den reached a breaking point. Without another word, she turned on her heels and walked away, leaving behind a shattered illusion of trust. The restaurant's door closed with a soft chime, the night air carrying away the echoes of a fractured relationship.

Sanzu contemplates whether to run after the madam or just stand there with Mikey, his boss and friend. Kakucho and Rin see his distress and advise the man to follow the madam and they will take care of Manjiro. Sanzu then ran after Den, caughting her in the restaurant's parking lot where he offered to drive her home. Den just silently followed the man. She listlessly sat in the passenger seat.

"I just hope that you guys can get this over with as calmly as you can..." Haruchiyo mumbled as he glanced at the woman in the middle of driving back home. But Den chose to shut her mouth as if she did not hear anything.

Minutes later, Mikey coming back to his senses immediately dashed out of the restaurant to follow his wife. He could not let this situation even more break this precious relationship he had.

-----

The grandeur of the mansion seemed to amplify the silence that hung in the air as Den walked through the long luxurious stairs. Her footsteps together with Haruchiyo who was walking behind her echo with a heavy sadness between them. A loud sigh could be heard now and then from the woman as if the whole world was behind her back. Minutes later both heard rather loud footsteps as if it was running for its life. Den stops her walk and looks down at who it was, and there welcomes her at the sight of her heavily breathing husband.

They stared at each other leaving a trail of unresolved tension. Sanzu, who had been silently observing the unfolding drama, positioned himself discreetly, ready to assist if needed. He then excused himself so the two could talk together.

"Wife." The silver-haired man said as he saw his wife continue her walk upstairs. The man then loosens his tie as he runs up trying to catch the woman. "Wife, please!" The man pleads as he reaches her. The woman then signed and stopped in her tracks yet she did not face the man. Knowing if she did, she'll lose.

"Wife," Mikey tried to speak, his voice more restrained now, a contrast to the earlier pleading tone. "Let's talk tomorrow when we're both calmer, okay?"

Den's eyes, glistening with unshed tears, flickered with a mix of hurt and anger. "Will you explain everything then? Will you not hide things from me again?" The woman's voice sounded too tired from Mikey's point of view. It's the first time he heard her talk to him like that and it scares him. "I don't want to talk tomorrow. I want to talk now. Explain everything, Mikey. Not just the gist but EVERYTHING." Den added as she fully faced the man head-on.

"Did you try killing Don, Manjiro?"
The raven-haired woman asked the man, still not looking back at him.

"I-- I did not know okay? Please, let me explain first." Manjiro pleaded as he reached to her again, he hesitated to touch her hand directly so he touched a part of her dress, like a child who was afraid to get lost.

Sanzu glanced at Kokonoi, who stood in the shadows, his expression a mix of concern and uncertainty. The situation had escalated beyond their control, and emotions ran deep.

"Use the other stairs and quietly go to your rooms." Kokonoi directed the others. They immediately comply, unlike Kakucho who hesitates as he is genuinely concerned about both Den and Mikey who he considers his precious friends.

'Please, work this out...'

Kokonoi then glanced at the two one last time then proceeded to go to his room to give some privacy to the couple.

"Wife, please understand. It's complicated," Mikey began, his eyes avoiding direct contact with hers.

"Complicated?" Den scoffed bitterly. "I know we just married each other because of Emma and I know that compared to everything you had and have I am nothing, but this!? All you're telling me it's complicated!? Thoroughly explain why you were investigating my brother, why you thought he was a threat to our family."

"N-no--"

"Manjiro... y-you tried to kill him. My family..." Den added. Manjiro could see her shoulders trembling which did not sit right to him. He doesn't want to see her like this especially if it was because of him. Den then slowly face Manjiro. Her brown eyes bore into his dark ones. "If I did not go to Blue Plate today then Don will be probably dead. " She asked her eyes full of disappointment at the man. Mikey could not find the right words to say because he knew that the woman was right.

Mikey hesitated to say something, searching for words that wouldn't further ignite the growing fire. "It's not about your b-brother specifically. Bonten has enemies, and we need to protect o-our family. Donatello's connections raised suspicions so--"

"So, you were ready to eliminate him without even discussing things with me?" Den's voice trembled with a mix of disbelief and disappointment.

"We had to act quickly if he posed a threat," Mikey replied, his tone more defensive. "It w-wasn't personal."

Den's eyes narrowed. "Not personal? My God, Manjiro Sano! Can you even hear yourself!? he's my family! How can it not be personal?"

"It's the life we live, Denise. I have to make tough decisions to keep us safe," Mikey insisted, a shadow of weariness in his eyes.

Den's expression shifted from anger to deep sadness. "You're keeping secrets, making decisions about our lives without involving me. How can we be a family if you shut me out?"

"Wife, please, I didn't mean for it to h-happen this way," Mikey pleaded, taking a step closer. "I... I love you... and I want to protect you..."

For the first time in their relationship, Manjiro says the words that he did not expect that he'll say once again. These words meant a lot to him and everyone listening to him right now knew that. Even Denise.

But how could she know if what he even saying right now was the truth or not? Does he mean that and not just on the spur of the moment because he knew that she was angry? Did he think that everything would turn out fine even if he suddenly confessed his feelings?

"Love me? Protect me?" Den laughed bitterly. "Ha! You've built walls, Manjiro. You love the idea of a family, not the reality." She pointed out, her fingers pointing to his chest where his heart is located. "You love the thought of protecting us, but you forget to include us in the process."

Mikey's eyes reflected regret, but the damage was done. Den, overwhelmed by a mix of emotions, turned away and started to walk away form the man. "I need time, Manjiro," she whispered, a profound weariness in her voice. "I need time to figure out if this life is what I want."

"What are you even doing at Blue Plate with Haruchiyo!?" Mikey said trying to divert the situation. That's the question that has been on his mind since the time he saw the two enter the room a while ago.

"Oh God... Manjiro! Does that even matter now!?" Den shouted.

"Yes! Of course! Should I not be shocked to see my wife with my subordinate being merry and eating together alone!?" Manjiro frustratingly uttered, his eyes dark and fearsome. "Are you cheating on me already!? With Haruchiyo nonetheless!?" Mikey's dark sunken eyes scared Den but she tried her best to stand firm. She will not lose this argument.

"Then what are you doing with Rika?"
Den questioned back to the man. " Manjiro... I know. No, fuck that. I knew everything, Manjiro Sano." Den tiredly remarked. She then looks up, attempting for her tears not to fall. "I knew who she was to you and Emma." She then sadly looked at the man with a single tear escaping from her eye.

Den waited for Mikey's response but her statement made Mikey not utter anything as if he had become a statue.

"I-- I'm--"

"You... you've been away from home for a long time... I trusted you. I waited and waited. I waited for you to tell me the truth. But you did nothing. You said nothing to me, Manjiro." The woman's voice slowly calmed down as if she was drained and tired. She then started to walk closer to the man. She raised her hand and gently caressed the man's face. Manjiro then grabbed her hand, holding it as if it were the best treasure he had. "I... I am willing to accept everything. Just don't leave me in the dark... Well, that's what I thought at first." She added chuckling sadly. "What should I do, Manjiro?" Den asked with a heavy sigh as she looked straight into his eyes, tears now continuously dampening her lovely face.

Manjiro did not know what to do or say at that moment.

"Manjiro, you left me..." Den said as she slowly removed Manjiro's grip from hers. "You left me knowing nothing, you left me hanging and waiting... I'm not a toy, Manjiro, I'm not a toy you can just want at the moment and forget afterwards. I have feelings too." Den then wiped her tears and inhaled attempting to calm herself down.

"I thought we have that trust between us... Tell me, if Don was the man you guys looking for. Will I be next?" She sadly asked.

"No! Do you think I'm insane!?" Manjiro immediately answered. Yelling at the same time he put both his hands on her shoulder. "I would never do that to you."

This statement made Den laugh out loud like a maniac making Mikey look at her confused.

"You're asking me if I think you're insane?" Den said with a hint of ridicule in her voice. "Yes, yes you are!" She shouted with all her might. She's tired now. Tired of what happened and what she learned. She had enough for today. " Who would marry a woman that his child randomly called Mom? We don't even know each other well. Heck, I'm living my life silently then you barged into my life! Maybe it's best if this never happened." Den said continuously, emphasizing that she was kind of regretting being here with them. Being with him.

"Stop. Just stop, let's continue the conversation tomorrow." Manjiro said as he walked past the woman. "We don't mean whatever we say. We're just tired and needed a rest so we will continue tomorrow." He did not want to hear those words from the woman he loved. He doesn't want to hear that she regrets being with him. That will make him lose himself.

"Now you're running away..." Den mumbled.

Mikey, feeling the weight of his decisions broke his relationship with the woman he cherished the most. "Wife, please... Let's find a way to move past this." The mumbles not looking back at her because of shame.

But Den, her eyes filled with a mixture of hurt and defiance, had reached a breaking point. "Move past this? I don't even know who you are anymore, Manjiro. Heck, do I even know you in the first place?"

Manjiro heard it but chose to ignore it, he repeatedly mumbled to himself 'It will be fine.', 'Everything will be fine.' like a mantra that would save his damn soul. But the one last thing that truly broke his heart was when he heard his wife say the words that felt like a dagger to his heart. The word that he knew really defined who Mnajiro Sano had been since childhood but chose to bury it inside of him. The word that killed his friends, family and himself.

"You're a coward Manjiro."

Den walked past him at speed, her steps echoed through the grand hallway, leaving Mikey standing alone, grappling with the consequences of his choices.

----

12/16/23

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

451K 16.1K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
420K 17.1K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
Fake love נכתב על ידי :)

ספרות חובבים

109K 2.5K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
154K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...