Stars Around My Scars - Conra...

By AutumnGunKelly13

After being through hell and back, Mackenzie Baker goes to live with her aunt and her two cousins. When summe... More

New & Main Characters
Playlist
1. Hell-Filled Past
2. The Bedroom Note
3. Dinner Deb
4. Shit Faced
5. Secret Knife
6. Deb Cuts
7. Baah Sheep
8. Close it
9. Late Night Nachos
10. B-day Besties
11. Connie's Secrets
12. Party Down
14. Spaghetti Recipe
15. Holiday No More
16. Shattering Shell
17. Dark Secrets
18. Father Anger
19. Stay With Me
20. On The Cheek
21. Thinking About Him
22. Pool Thing
23. Volleyball Bash
24. Yacht Crash
25. Car Kiss
26. Debs & Escorts part 1
27. Debs and Escorts part 2
SEASON 2/PART 2
DELETED SCENE

13. Beach Day

1.3K 12 1
By AutumnGunKelly13

I wake up the next day, for real this time. I look at my phone and see the date. It's been a month. A month since I was sitting next to my mom's death bed in the hospital. Doctors crowding around her, uncontrolled beeping, me falling into my dad's arms.

I shove my head into my pillow. I can't believe that it's been a month. A month without my mom.

Sarah left early this morning, before I even woke up. Her bus came at 3:00am.

Then my stomach grumbles so I walk downstairs. In the kitchen, there's a box of muffins so I grab one and take a bite out of it.

"Hey Mack!" Susannah says.

"Hey Susannah." I say.

"What are you going to do today?" She asks.

"Take a walk and hang at the beach." I say. I take a bite out of my muffin.

"I'm gonna let you choose the dinner tonight." Susannah says. "Spaghetti, raviolis, or just seafood leftovers from last night?" She asks.

"Um, I don't really care. I eat anything." I say.

"I know sweetheart but I want you to choose." Susannah says.

"Um, spaghetti sounds good." I say.

"Okay then! See you tonight. Have fun on your walk and on the beach." Susannah says. I give her a small smile and I walk out.

I head down to the beach and walk along the shore for about an hour, so three miles. Wow. I think about my mom and how she would cheer for me at volleyball tournaments and how she would make the best spaghetti ever. She had a secret recipe that she never told anyone, not even me.

I sit down and stare at the ocean. I miss her. I miss my mom so much.

Then I start walking back and I sit down after I get back to where I started. I stare at the ocean waves crashing in. It's good weather for skim boarding.

Skim boarding is when you put this thin and flat piece of oval shaped wood on the thin part of the water after the waves crash it in. Then you just glide across the sand and the water.

I walk up to the Fishers house and I grab my skim board. Then I walk back down to the beach, still in my shorts and long sleeved shirt. I wait for the right wave and then I place the board down and hop onto it. I feel like I'm free, just gliding across the water, no worries.

After about an hour of that, it's 3:30 pm. I sigh and sit on the beach again. I dig my hands into the sand and I feel something. I clasp my hand around it and pull it out of the sand.

It's the knife.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 3.9K 45
❛ this love is good, this love is bad. this love is alive, back from the dead. these hands had to let it go free, and this love came back to me. ❜ ...
38K 272 13
you finally get back to the place that makes you feel like your actual home but you have a secret a secret that no one knows you are in love with Con...
55.3K 1.2K 42
"It comes and goes in waves It always does, always does We watch as our young hearts fade Into the flood, into the f...
10.2K 122 11
Sophia Fisher has always been a nice girl, she's a good sister, daughter, and friend. She's the type of girl who keeps her promises. She's been anxi...