Trust Me (A Harry Styles Fan...

By 1D_lover_hs

Bethany Smith is a multibillionaire. After her parents die suddenly, she is left in the world to fend for her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79

Chapter 58

7.1K 192 38
By 1D_lover_hs

Bethany's POV

When I woke up this morning, I was expecting to be nervous or anxious about today. It was kind of a big day for me, and honestly I wasn't really sure how to feel.

Ever since the whole Gemma fiasco, she hasn't been around. She's been out running errands for Anne, making sure everything would be in place for the party. Anne didn't seem to mind bossing her around, and Gemma didn't mind doing whatever her mom had asked. When I offered to help with anything, she'd shoe me away, telling me to make sure Harry didn't touch anything.

So we spent three days doing nothing really. We'd wake up mid day, and then go get a bite to eat. Then we'd come home, cuddle and watch Netflix for a few hours before one of us would fall asleep. Then we'd wake up, go get dinner, do something out in the town, and then come home and sleep.

It was odd every time we were out and about. There were never that many people swarming us anymore. They would actually flinch back and make room for Harry and I. You could tell he noticed it as well. He'd squeeze my hand any time they'd do it.

it was funny how each time we'd go out, and do the same thing over and over again, I'd never get bored. I feel like it was impossible to be bored with Harry. He was always doing something ridiculous that made me laugh out loud for minutes at a time.

"Harry, it's time to get up." His mom bursts through the door, walking over towards the blinds to open them.

Harry stirs next to me, groaning and pulling me towards him. Anne looks down at us in awe, giving me a giant smile. I was blushing because it was a bit weird having Anne watch us lay in bed together when I didn't even have pants on.

"As cute as I think this is, it's time to get up Harold. We have a big day, and Bethany and I have nail appointments in an hour. Now get your lazy bum up young man." She sasses him with a hand placed firmly on her hip.

"Mum please get out and let me go to sleep." He pulls the blanket over us more, making me laugh.

"Come on Harry. It'll be good to get out of bed before 1 in the afternoon." I giggle as I attempt to sit up.

He grabs my torso in his arms and pulls me back down on the bed again. I feel my face turn the color of a tomato as Anne gushes over us.

"It's so cute but we just have so much to do today! I can't keep wasting time I here waiting for you!" She was walking around Harry's room, picking up clothes he had left scattered across the floor.

"You can leave then." Harry was sassing her as he sat up in bed.

"No if I leave, you won't get your arse up."

He moans into the pillow as I untangle myself from his body. There were a pair of his sweatpants next to my side of the bed, so I grabbed them and pulled them on under the duvet. When I got out from the giant blanket, his mom rushed over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Good morning love!" She kissed my cheek, and I felt a warm sensation run through my body. It was good to have someone acting like a mom again.

"Good morning Anne." I give her a soft smile, watching her give me a knowing look.

"Harry, you have three seconds to get out of that bed before I rip the covers from your body." Her voice is firm, and I can tell she isn't fucking around anymore.

"Don't do it. I'm naked." He says and I can't tell if he's lying or not. I fell asleep first last night, so I'm not sure if he kept his boxers on or not.

"I've seen it all." She says bravely, going to rip the blanket off.

Right as the blanket comes off, I hear a quiet knock and a "mum-" before there is a screech and a door slamming shut.

Harry laid in bed, covering himself as best he could with his hands. Anne stood there with a proud look on her face, but I know Gemma was feeling the opposite.

"Mum! What the bloody hell?!" He yells, eyeing her from his position on the bed.

"I warned you to get up. You didn't listen." She shrugs her shoulders.

"You scarred Gemma for life I reckon." He tells her like she's a maniac.

"Oh well. That girl needs a little excitement in her life." She turns to face me. "We're going to leave in about thirty minutes and then we're having a spa day to prepare."

I nod my head and watch her saunter out of the room. She was dressed in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, giving me some sort of hint as to what I should be wearing to this spa.

I look over to Harry, to see his one hand covering himself and the other hand running through his hair. He looked really tired and I wondered if he had gotten enough sleep last night.

"I'm gonna go freshen up a bit." I tell him and watch him nod his head.

I took all but about twenty minutes to get ready. I washed my body, shaved my legs, washed my face, brushed my hair and teeth and then got dressed. I threw on a sweatshirt and baggy sweats along with my moccasins.

When I left the bathroom, Harry was no where to be seen.

When I walked out into the hallway, I bumped right into Gemma who was rushing down the hall. She stumbled a little, but I caught her before she could hit anything.

When we established eye contact, I felt my stomach shutter with nerves. I tried my best to smile, but I didn't have it in me. I felt like if I even tried to be nice to her, she'd just wave me off.

"Sorry." She says quietly but I can tell there more meaning behind the sorry than just running into me.

I nod, still not able to comprehend what had just happened and let her squeeze past me and down the hall towards her room. The door opens and closes, and I hear her back slam into the door. Well, at least we're feeling the same way.

I walk down the stairs, careful not to trip on any of them. My pants hung loosely on my hips and I was surprised they weren't Harry's.

"Here, grab a muffin and a banana and let's get going." I hear Anne say as she rushes through the kitchen handing me a water bottle for the ride.

I grab what she tells me and follow her out to the car for a spa day with my boyfriends mom...

************************
We were getting our hair done, as well as our nails. The facials and massages we had received kept me at peace before we left to grab a little lunch from a cafe next to the spa. We had returned and they had immediately shoved us into the hair, make up and nail section part of the spa.

Anne was reading, and I was sitting there, trying to get my mind off tonight. I was meeting Harry's dads tonight. Not one, but both. I didn't know which one he considered a dad more. It was a weird question to ask, but I felt like he thought of robin as more of a father figure.

"I wish Gemma would have come with us." I tell Anne, making her eyes stare into mine.

"Me too. I think she's a little embarrassed about everything that's happened."

"I wish she wasn't. I understand her reasoning behind being watchful of me, but I didn't mean to bring any more publicity to your family than I already have." I explain, somewhat feeling good to get that off my chest.

"Oh hush. This is how it always is when Harry comes to town. Grant it, it's been a bit more crazy, but he has a new girlfriend. You can't help that." She rests a hand on my arm, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Gemma's just worried about him. She knows the fame is getting to him. That's why before he came to Cheshire she hadn't spoken to him for weeks at a time."

"Weeks at a time?" I ask surprised.

"Oh my. Did you not know?"

"No... Harry told me their relationship was amazing."

"Amazing? Far from it." She scoffs. "It used to be. But then he started treating her like crap, and eventually she didn't want to talk to him because it would just end up in a fight separating them further."

"And by bringing all these paps around... She thinks I might make it worse." I conclude and Anne nods her head.

"She fails to see him changing because of you because she is so focussed on the negative side." She sounds disappointed, and I feel heartbroken for her.

"It's like, I want them to be close again. They used to be so close." I watch as she blinks back the tears, trying hard not to make a big deal about the unshed water.

"They'll get through it." I assure her.

"I know. I'm just waiting for the day she realizes you're a good person. You're not the girl who broke Harry's heart. You're not using him. You're not all the bad things Gemma thinks every girl Harry has interests in. She's just used to it."
***********************************
I walk out of the bathroom and into Harry's room. My dress was thrown on, my make up and hair done. He was adjusting his tie in the mirror, paying no attention to me as I sauntered over to him.

I wrapped my hands around his torso, pulling him towards me. His head whipped around in surprise, but he greeted me with a warm smile. I let go of him lightly, allowing him to turn around towards me.

"You look... Absolutely breath taking." His eyes were wide as he eyed me up and down.

"You look pretty nice yourself." I reply, pulling him down to place a kiss on his lips.

"Robin and Des are downstairs... Came up and said hello to me while you were changing in the bathroom."

I feel my heartbeat quicken and a load of butterflies explode in my belly. This was really happening.

"Kinda weird having them in the same room at the same time, but you get used to it. I promise." He kisses my temple again before holding his arm out for me to take.

I take it as we make it down the hallway. I hadn't even realized it, but I had left my heels in the bedroom by his bed. When I told him, he laughed out loud, sending me back into his room while he waited by the stairs.

I grabbed the pair of black stiletto heels and slipped them on my feet. I got up to walk down the stairs when I heard his phone ding and vibrate.

Curiosity got the best of me, and I made my way over to his phone.

It was left unlocked, and for some damn reason, I thought it'd be a good idea to look. I pushed the Notification Center down to see who had texted him without actually opening the text and felt my stomach drop as I read the words on the screen.

From: Liam Payne
Modest has been in contact with me Harry. They've been trying to get a hold of you for four days. Bethany knows about the contract. Call me ASAP.

I sat there, staring at the wall in front of me. I couldn't breath. I couldn't think. The room was spinning. What is this damn contract and why does everyone know about it rather than me?

"Baby you okay?" He finally comes in to check on me. I have to act natural. I'm sick of the mind games.

"Yeah. Just got really nervous." I assure him, standing up on my feet as slowly as I can.

"Don't be. Seriously, they're going to love you." He promises and holds his arm out for me again.

I take it, with a shaky hand, and follow him out of the room. I could hear music playing, and the door bell ringing. There was such a commotion outside, from the large amounts of people, I was surprised there were so many.

"I may have a surprise for you as well..." He whispers in my ear as we make our way down the stairs.

As we get half way, I see my surprise- the entire band, Vanessa, and leighton all standing in front of the stairs.

They all look dressed up in their nice suits and ball gowns. It really helped that Harry had bought his mom such a big house. It was able to fit so many people.

"You look absolutely stunning." Anne tells me as she pulls me into a hug. Her compliment calms me down a bit.

"Beth, I'd like you to meet robin, and Des." Harry pulls me aside once we make our way into the giant living room.

They were standing together, talking about whatever life was with them. They were surprised as I reached out to shake their hands, offering them firm hand shakes.

"So you're the girl who's swept my boy off his feet?" Des speaks quickly and I watch Harry's head bow down as he says "my boy". I squeeze his arm, telling him it'll be okay.

"I guess you could say that." I joke, making him laugh.

"Harry, I have someone coming to the party that I met today. Bumped into them on my way home." Robin tells us.

"Oh well, I can't wait." He sounds unenthused and I can tell it's because des had upset him.

"We won't keep you. Enjoy the party!" Robin concludes and I nod my head, having to pull Harry with me.

"Harry?" My voice was laced with worry.

"I need a fucking drink."

He lets go of my arm and makes his way towards the bar. Him and Gemma sit together, and I can tell they're both having a rough evening. I decide it's better to let them work it out on their own. Perhaps the alcohol can help them get the bad feelings out.

Most people come up to me, greeting me and telling me how wonderful my business is. They say the same thing everyone says: they're sorry for my loss, but they're impressed by my courage to continue my parents business for them.

I dance with a few older men that ask me politely. Most of them simply want to talk politics and the economy. I give them my opinion as best and as detailed as I can, but I was bored out of my mind from the same conversation over and over again.

I finally decide it's time to find Harry and see where he ran off to.

I excuse myself slightly, pushing through people till I find Gemma and Harry at the bar, laughing at some old memory together.

"That was the funniest thing!" Harry's hand slams down on the counter, making the people around him flinch.

"She had no idea we were going to scare her like that!" Gemma exclaims. Her eyes widen as she sees me, a slight blush creeping up on her cheeks.

"Hey baby. I missed you." I feel his sloppy lips press to mine, making me cringe a little.

"Missed you too." I say slowly and surprisingly meaning it.

"Harry, my boy!" Robin breaks us from our reunion, making our attention turn to him.

"My special guest for you has arrived." He says, his words slurred a little.

"Sure, let's go meet them." Harry hops off the bar stool, pulling me with him.

We make our way into the foyer where a few guests stand. One in particular stands out to me, and I feel my stomach drop.

"Harry, remember Julie!?" Harry stairs at her dumbfounded, but she doesn't just look at him. She looks at me as well.

Standing in front of me is the girl who broke Harry. Standing in front of me is the girl who knocked me on my feet while I was walking through the streets. Standing in front of me was Harry's first love- the Burberry model named Julie.

Harry pulled me close to him, but I felt myself grow sick. I couldn't be in the same room anymore. She was just as surprised to see me as I was to see her.

I pulled away from Harry, turning quickly on my heel and walking towards the balcony on their back porch. I needed to breath. I needed to figure out what the hell was going on.

Was the reason she gave me so much attitude Harry? Or was she always like that. Her knocking me over and treating me the way she did would make a lot more sense. I thought it was management trying to get me to over react, and I was glad I didn't. I don't even think they paid her.

I can't believe she's here though. I can't believe I left my boyfriend in there with her. He's drunk, and is probably going to do something stupid. Probably say hurtful things or yell at her for hours. I just didn't want to face that.

They had their own private matters to deal with, and even though Harry was being sketchy about the whole contract thing, I still trusted him.

"Bethany." I hear Gemma's voice and I have to suppress my groan.

I didn't need anymore drama, thank you.

"I want to explain something to you." She says as she comes and stands in front of me.

"I'm not trying to cause your brother anymore fame than he gets." I assure her, but she puts her hand up to silence me.

"That's one of the reasons I was skeptical of you, but I realized that Harry's actually a better person because of you, which makes it so hard for me to hate you." She says bravely, and I realize the alcohol was getting to her.

"I haven't liked you since I saw the pictures of you two on all the magazines." Her words are bold, and they sting a little.

"You want to know why?"

"Why?" I gulp, praying I can hold down the vomit trying to escape my stomach.

"Because your little ex-boyfriend Chace?" She looks at me with such hatred, I flinch back.

"Yeah, I'm the one who fucked him." She pauses. "I'm the one who made him fall out of love with you."

This night really did get so much worse.

AN: double update cuz I'm sick and I have nothing else better to do lol. But Jesus Christ this party is getting very dramatic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 173 35
Love is hard. It's like a flower, it needs love and care. Bethany and Harry's relationship is more than that though. It's a delicate flower that need...
1.8K 59 22
When she is forced to go live with her father in England, Bethany Thompson thinks her life is over. On her first day she makes a new friend and meet...
4.7K 80 23
Daina is lucky enough to get a place at her dream school in London. By mistake she meets Niall Horan and his friends, and by mistake she falls for hi...
15.2K 732 33
Book one in the Harry Styles Series {1/2} London was a normal girl who had the best friend that you could only dream of. She never thought he woul...