Careful what you wish for

By gsizemore96_

when Lillian attends the last warped tour ever, she meets no one other than Noah. "Tell me every terrible th... More

Always.
Can't wait to tell this story to our grandchildren
I want to see you again but heres a kiss in case i dont
Willow the great and his stupid face
And so we begin again
I could kiss you then rip you to shreds
Boys and bras on the bus
Sugar, we are goin down. Not swinging though.
Enough, enough now.
storm the gate and bust down the walls.
Impeccable timing is something that your friend lacks
Take the leap noah.
Ill always protect you.
wanna go to olive garden and eat breadsticks?
Back at it, but its all different now.
You arent gonna believe this.
I hope you stay.
High five.
you should ask him already.
Pretty chains
Afterglow
Farewell for now.
The stars are pretty like you.
i guess you are stuck with me.
The boys are back.
I can go the distance
VULNERABLE
youve been ambushed by your lover
See you soon.
The chop.
carnival row
happy birthday noah.
An impromptu road trip and hayley williams
guestroom.
i flashed your bestie
Nicholas
call me... Charlotte.
We were just scared
view
Promise?
Mia
youd never take anything from me
dont yell at me , asshole.
"where is she,nick ?"
it was all my fault.
we are in this together or not at all.
Confessions , confessions.
do i really want this?
AUTHORS NOTE
let it be.
First came love..
hold my hand and kiss me between the book shelves
shes not coming back? Is she?
A/N
A/N

Popular monster.

424 5 0
By gsizemore96_

The next few days, we're tense between nick and I, to say the least.
Just the occasional "hey" and response but that is it.
Avoiding one another as much as possible. I needed to fix this, but I didn't know how.  So, I distracted myself with Aliyah and copious amounts of marijuana. 
Since we were back home for a few anyway,  I took Willow home, and I brought Aliyah with me, to meet my dad for the first time and show her around. Where I got grounded for sneaking out of my window and where I got caught sneaking home drunk.
"I'm kind of scared of your dad, Lilly." Aliyah buckles her seat belt.
"I swear he isn't THAT big of an asshole" I roll my eyes.
we drive for about thirty minutes, singing along with Willow in the car.

As we settled into the car, a sense of camaraderie and support enveloped us. Aliyah and I engaged in funny conversations, sharing stories, and discussing various topics. We aimed to make the ride as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, considering the potential nervousness that she mightve been feeling.

Willow sitting in the backseat, added a touch of innocence and playfulness to the atmosphere. She excitedly chattered away, asking questions and expressing her anticipation of reaching our parents' house. Her enthusiasm brought smiles to our faces, serving as a gentle reminder of the joy that awaited us.

As we traveled the familiar route, we pointed out landmarks and shared anecdotes about my childhood experiences at my dads house.
"WAIT - you did what there?!?" Aliyah exclaimed.
"I SNUCK OUT TO HANG OUT WITH SOME FRIENDS , but MY UNCLE ANDY LITERALLY CAUGHT ME" I laugh.
*flashback*
"Seth, my dad is literally gonna kick my ass if I get caught." I said.
"Then don't get caught." Seth laughed
"Shut up, I'll meet you in ten." I say opening the third story window.

With bated breath, i slowly opened my bedroom window, the rusty hinges protesting ever so softly. With each creak, my pulse quickened, the adrenaline coursing through my veins.
"Just jump Lillian" I said to myself
The world outside  and my friends beckoned to me , promising a taste of freedom and adventure. As i swung my legs over the windowsill and gripped the ledge, my grip tightened, my knuckles turning white. I hesitated for a brief moment, questioning my decision.
"Just fucking. JUMP"
But the allure of the unknown, the desire to break free from the confines of adolescence, proved too strong to resist. And with a leap of faith, i descended into the night, leaving behind the safety of  my bedroom, not knowing what would happen next.

With stealth and cunning, I maneuvered through the darkened garden, careful to avoid any telltale signs of my escape. The adrenaline pulsed through my veins as I crept past the garden, my heart pounding like a drum in my chest.

Just as I thought I was in the clear, a voice broke the silence, but it wasn't filled with anger or disappointment. It was Uncle Andy's voice, filled with a mix of surprise and admiration. "Well, well, well... Look at you, kiddo. I must say, I'm impressed with how far you've gotten." I turned to face him, a mix of nervousness and curiosity dancing in my eyes. "You're not going to lecture me?" I asked, my voice trembling. Uncle Andy chuckled softly and shook his head. "Nah, tonight's not about that. Hop in, we're going for a little drive." My heart skipped a beat as I slid into the passenger seat, anticipation building as the engine roared to life.
"Don't be so dense." He smiled.

As we drove through the dimly lit streets, the cool night air rushing through the open windows, Uncle Andy began to share his own rebellious tales from his youth. "You know, I was quite the troublemaker back in my day," he chuckled, his eyes reflecting a hint of nostalgia. "But I learned that sometimes, taking risks can lead to unexpected adventures and personal growth. Just remember to make wise choices and respect the boundaries set by those who care about you."

Listening to his stories, I felt a connection forming between us, bridging the gap of generations. Uncle Andy's voice held wisdom and understanding, nurturing a sense of trust that I hadn't expected. The drive became more than just a punishment; it became a journey of bonding and shared experiences.

Eventually, the time came to return home. As we pulled up to the house, Uncle Andy turned to me with a gentle smile. "Remember, kiddo, the world is full of possibilities, but it's up to you to navigate them wisely. Take chances, learn from your mistakes, and embrace the journey ahead."

With newfound appreciation and a softened heart, I thanked Uncle Andy for the unique adventure he had taken me on. Sneaking out that night had led to a greater understanding and a deeper connection with him.
I snuck into the front door using the spare key.
"Well, well, look who decided to go on an adventure." It was dad. Waiting at the kitchen counter.  I took a seat, my heart pounding with a mix of nerves and anticipation. Dad leaned forward, his gaze piercing yet comforting. "I get it, kid. The need to break free, to explore beyond the confines of what's expected. But let me tell you, life is full of choices. Sometimes, the path less traveled can lead to great things, but it's important to weigh the risks and consequences." His words resonated deeply, a testament to his own journey. "Learn from your mistakes, but never forget the ones who care about you," he added with a knowing smile.
"DONT DO DUMB SHIT -"
In that moment, I realized that even in my rebellious pursuits, I was never alone.

*FLASHBACK END*

"Oh my god, my best friend was a rebel" she giggled.
I smiled in response.
"Your dad isn't all that bad." She looked out the window.
"He has his moments."
As we pulled into the long , gated drive way, the chatter of the three of us quieted.
the gate opened with a familiar creak.
Home-
I saw cars I had seen before. It was uncle Andy and uncle Vic.
"Willow. LOOK!" I point.
She looks at the cars before exclaiming "UNCLE ANDYYYYY" she ran into the house.
"who?" Aliyah asks confused.
"my uncle is... Andy beirsack. surprise?" I nervously laugh.
Aliyah puts her not broken hand on her head and paces the porch.
"YOUR UNCLE IS ANDY B- I HAVE his posters on MY WALL." she sounded freaked the hell out.
"It's gonna be fine. Him and Vic are cool dudes. They think noah is the shit" I say calmly.
"I've had a celeb crush on Andy since I was like ten. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME LILLIAN?" She acts offended.
As We walk into the house , The grand double doors swung open, revealing a stunning foyer adorned with marble floors and intricate chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. I had a large part in the re-decoration of the house.
The space was filled with a harmonious blend of classical and contemporary art, each piece reflecting my dad and I's  eclectic taste and artistic flair.

As I walked further into house , the sound of my footsteps echoed in the vast hallways, Aliyah followed gawking at everything as if she'd never seen it before.
"WILLOW-" I hear my dad laugh in one of the rooms.
"DADDDD IM HOMEEE." I yell dragging Aliyah behind me. "This is Aliyah, she is the secondary bad omen's photographer, she took Bryan's position last tour. Also, my best friend." I nudge her shoulder.
"WELL, WELCOME IN. make yourself at home." Dad smiles.
"It's nice to meet you Mr.radke. I'm a big fan of your work" Aliyah smiled.
"I'm a big fan of YOUR work, Aliyah and call me Ronnie or dad. Asshole, whatever you want other than mr.radke" he laughs
"Why are uncle Vic and Andy here?" I ask.
"they are doing studio stuff, they told me to tell you to join them for a minute."
Dad gets up and leads us to the booth where the guys are.
"lillyyyyy" Andy swings around in his chair, engulfing me into a hug. "Who is this?" He points to Aliyah.
I watch as she stands there for a moment, wide eyed and internally distraught.
"This..is my best friend and bad omens photographer, Aliyah." I pause.
"ALIYAH-" I yell.
"Huh, sorry." She snaps back into focus."oh my god hi."
"Uh hi. it's nice to meet you." Andy responded with a smile. "Vic is in the booth. I'm glad you showed up because I'm about to fuckin drop kick his short little ass" he laughs
Vic busts through the sound booth,
"RUN THAT BACK-" he points to Andy. "LILLY! You must be Aliyah. I've heard ALOT about you." He winks and engulfs Aliyah into a tight hug causing me to laugh.  He smiles and turns around to Andy.
Aliyah turns to me, mouth agape, clearly confused as to what had just happened.
"Oh my god." She mouths.
"Now Aliyah, can we trust you not to tell ANYONE what you seen here today? This is official top secret business" Andy turns around in his chair pressing his finger tips against one another. He looked like a terrible Disney  villain.
"I- I promise"  she seemed mortified and I found it hilarious.
"We don't bite. Sit down. Listen in." Vic winks.
"What are you working on right now?" I ask tilting my head.
"Well, do you remember when we were on tour with your dad and we sat in the green too and started a song?" He started.
"ohhhh that one. YESSS."
"I wrote a little more on it and Andy here is helping me produce it" Vic stated as he threw his hands up.
"Well then let's hear it." I blink.
"I need some back up vocals. Do you guys wanna help?" Vic asks.
"yeah I'll help. Aliyah?" I ask as she is fixated on Andy.
"Huh, yeah. I'll help. I don't know how good I'll do." She says.
We get into the booth and slip on the black headphones. Andy comes over the mic and gives us directions.
"hold me breath and DRIVE" we both sing in unison.
"Give me just lil." Andy says. I sing again and then he asks for just Aliyah.
She was cautious. Almost like she was scared.
"Aliyah, can you scream?" Vic asks already knowing the answer because I had talked to him about it a month before.
"uhh I think so, I mean I can try" she shrugs.
"Good do it because I have something else I need help with too." He winks.
She steadies herself, inhaling sharply. 
the outside of the booth went quiet as she hit the notes perfectly. Andy and vic looked at one another in awe and then excitement, sharing high-fives.
"Aliyah, where have you been hiding?! Do you mind staying longer ladies? we really need you guys on this track. so if you guy wanna warm up we can record some stuff to see what your vocal range is." Andy asked with a raised brow. (You know the one 🤨)
Aliyah and I shared a look and silently decided. One of us needed to let the boys know we would be home, but also, screw it.
"Let's do it. I need to hear more of your beautiful voice" I joke with Aliyah
We got her back into the booth and slipped on the head phones.
"What do I do?" She asked with a confused look.
"is there anything you wanna sing?" I ask pressing the sound button.
"umm yeah I've got something-" she says closing her eyes and signaling for Andy to press the button.
Aliyah takes a deep breath again,
"I wake up going nowhere with my head up in a daze-" she starts low. I roll my eyes. I needed to get dad in on this. I shot him a text.

dad steps into the room as Aliyah continues.
"crushing me at my own song huh?" dad crosses his arms.
"Abso-fuckin-lutley" Vic nods.

"I battle with depression, but the question still remains
Is this post-traumatic stressing or am I suppressing rage?
And my doctor tries to tell me that I'm going through a phase
Yeah, it's not a fucking phase, I just wanna feel okay, okay?
Yeah, I struggle with this bullshit every day
And it's probably 'cause my demons simultaneously rage
It obliterates me, disintegrates me, annihilates me
'Cause I'm about to break down, I'm searching for a way out
I'm a liar, I'm a cheater, I'm a non-believer
I'm a popular, popular monster
I break down, falling into love now with falling apart
I'm a popular, popular monster" she screams into the mic.
"Dayum. She is really feelin this isn't she?" Andy leans back and smiles at me. "Did you know she could scream like this?"
"Not really. No." I listened to Aliyah and she came to the end of the song.
My dad stood in awe as Aliyah came out of the booth.
"You are absolutely amazing." He said to Aliyah. "I respect you,"
Her mouth turned upward into a smile to go with the blushing of her cheeks.
"You did great in there holy shit-" I laugh and hug her, watching for her arm.
"Thanks.. that was the only song that came to mind that I knew by heart" she nervously chuckled.
"I'm heading out, you guys want pizza? Drinks?"
Dad asks the group.
"Both, that made me hungry." I laugh again.
We had left the sound booth to go outside on the balcony.
the summer air was sweet and full of funny memories.
"Around this time before covid, we were in a parking lot watching you beat the shit out of Noah." Vic takes a sip of his drink.
"Shut up." I roll my eyes.
"do you guys have any stories from when Lillian was younger?" Aliyah asks. I fought the urge to punch her and waited for someone to pull out an embarrassing story.
"Oh do I have some STORIES for you." dad walks out with a box of pizza.
"DAAADDD." I whine.
"This one time, when Lilly was nine... I think?" dad started. " she hadn't met Andy yet, and I was touring with him. First time Andy waves at her-" dad continues as Andy is holding his stomach laughing.
"DADDDD" I whine again.
"when Andy started waving, she screamed and cried like he was trying to kidnap her. An hour later, I found her , passed out, drooling on Andy." my dad laughs.
"honestly , most people have that same reaction when they meet me." Andy chuckles "but you didn't though Aliyah, I'm grateful for that."
"She was screaming on the inside." I laugh.
"Shut it-" she gives me a side eye. "Not funny."
She hits me with her cast.
"I was a big fan of bvb as a teenager. I still do." She looks down.
"Well, just know, I am a fan of your work too." Andy winks.
"Welp. I'm gonna head out for the night. Danielle's waiting for me." Vic sighs.
"Bye uncle Vick." I stand up to hug him. "Tell aunt Dani I said I missed her!"
"That's my cue too, I gotta get home." Andy stretches.
"Night Andy!" I exclaim.
"wanna just spend the night? We can sleep in my old room?" I suggest.
"Better tell the guys or they will get upthet" she mocked.
I let out a giggle and went inside to text noah.

"All set?" Aliyah asks.
"All set!" I give her a thumbs up.
"Wait, lemme tell Nick goodnight or he will cry-" she laughs.

Aliyah and I made our way up to my room and immediately lay on the floor.
"No way this is YOUR room." She sighs.
"It is, I can prove it. If you reach under the bed, to the right, you will find a bong, a coke can, grinder and an empty bottle of vodka." I say raising my hands in the air.
"Well I'll be damned." She laughs.
"I hid so much shit under there. I don't even wanna look."
The night went on, as we searched through the closet, finding old items from when I lived there and talking about the stories behind them until, finally, we curled up on the twin sized bed falling asleep.
I had to do this again. I wish I could relive it. Over and over again. But all good things come to an end.

what. A. Shame?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 101 15
Savannah Myers and Noah Sebastian are old friends who met at warped tour and reunited 4 years later at Savannahs headlining tour this story talks abo...
176K 2.3K 43
It's Warped Tour 2012. It's summer. It's the time to relax, play music, and enjoy life. Devon plays music. She has since she was young. With her band...
19.8K 407 26
¡¡enemies to lovers!!
191K 7.3K 70
disclaimer: i no longer write these books, check out my poetry! much love always and i hope you enjoy one night, after seeing sleeping with sirens p...