An impromptu road trip and hayley williams

One month later..

"If you three don't get your asses in gear, we are gonna miss our flight" jolly yells from down the stairs.
"WE'RE COMING JOLLY." I laugh stealing teethy kisses from Noah as I pull my bag down stairs.
The plan was to fly to Detroit for Aliyah  and then drive the other 10 hours to Virginia, to stay with Nicholas and his family for thanksgiving.

we got through tsa and boarded the plane quickly. A short nap and shitty food later, we had landed.

"get a mini van, more SPACE" jolly says with his hands in the air.
"NO. I don't wanna drive that shit. The Malibu is gonna do FINE" I widen my eyes.
"Who is driving?" Nick asks.
"I vote Noah." I say handing him the keys.
"Fine." he rolls his eyes and grasps the keys.
"Shot GUN" folio runs to the door.
"I THINK THE FUCK NOT." Jolly pushes him. "You and Lillian are in the back."
"BUT WHYYY-" we say in unison.
Noah and jolly sit in the front and nick and I fight in the back seat.
"Now to pick up my girllll" I trail out.
"Your girl, no, SHE IS MY GIRL." He says acting offended.
"Shut up you two. Just a moment of quiet that is all I ask for." Jolly sighs.
"We have ten more hours of this shit" Noah looks over to jolly.
we drive to Aliyah's, fighting the traffic through Detroit.
we pull up to the tall brick apartment building.  I practically jumped out of the car before anyone else.
Not being able to contain my excitement.
"ALIYAHHHHH" I pound on the door as the guys stand behind me.
"LILLIANN" she tackles me with a bear hug making me stumble.
"What about me" nick throws his hands up in the air.
"WHAT about YOU?!" I say in a squeaky voice.
"You see her every other month. SHUT UP."  I turn back to hugging 'liyah.
We all walk into her apartment.
I had never seen her apartment before, only what I had seen in the background of our many FaceTime calls.
I study the beige / white walls and the greenery around the windows. I shift my focus to the grey couch, draped with throw blankets and seasoned with pillows.
"Are you ready?!" I ask her from the kitchen. The boys had gone outside to stand by the car and pretend they were doing something.
"In my room," I walk down the hallway and turn to the left. 
I stand in the doorway of her room, waiting to be invited in.
"Are you a vampire? Waiting to be invited in?" She laughs. It's like she read my mind.

I step in and take a look around while Aliyah is still packing up her things.
black walls peppered with posters.
"Is that... Andy beirsack?" I point to the black veil brides poster.
"Yeah... what about it?" She asks placing her hands on her hip.
"you know he is practically my uncle right?" I laugh.
"Shut up."
"it's true. if you've never met him... you may in the near future" I laugh again. "And as for Vic.. him too."
"Shut up with your practically famous ass" she said with a fed up tone.
I roll my eyes and continued to observe.
her bed remained unmade, still messy from the morning.
"Okay I think I have everything. Let's get this show on the road." she smiles grabbing bags and turning off lights.
Locking the door. We get out to the boys, who are still gossiping about god knows what.
"Okay, what's the arrangement of seating" Aliyah laughs.
"I'm driving, you are passenger. Lillian, jolly and nick are in the back. We'll take turns driving." Noah says walking around the car.
"Do I HAVE to sit back here with them?!" Jolly exclaims.
"Shut the hell up jolly." Noah says starting the car. "I gotta call nick."
*ringing*
N: hello.
No: hey man. We have picked up the girl. We are headed to you right now dude."
N: SICK. be safe guys.
A: ALWAYS.
J: SEND HELP.
No: bye man.
N: bye.

We pulled off to start our 10 hour journey. Noah driving, Aliyah on the aux, jolly quickly lost in his book and folio annoying the shit out of me.
for the first hour or two I looked out of the window in an attempt to drown out folios constant whining about Aliyah being "too far away", listening to Noah's road rage, silently jamming along to whatever 'liyah  was playing.
"I have to pee my dudes." Noah announced.
"gas station and we can switch drivers? It's been two hours" Aliyah suggests.
"I'm game for that." Noah nods pulling over to the nearest gas station.
"Okay, I'll drive, Lilly. You are in my spot and Noah can sit back there." She grins
"Yess" I cheer.
Noah comes out of the gas station with two bags of shit.
"Okay I got waters and energy drinks and snacks what time I was in there because, ya boi is hungry as hell."
He laughs passing out the various things he bought.
"You are the DJ my child" Aliyah says handing me the aux.
I look back to jolly and noah with a mischievous grin.
"Don't you fucking dare" jolly stares into my soul.
(ain't it fun - paramore)
"Turn this up- I love this song." Aliyah says.
We sang each verse together. The boys were obviously so annoyed they had tried to go to sleep.
we played the song three times in a row until jolly took it upon himself to unplug my phone from the aux.
"NO MORE PARAMORE" jolly whines.
"FINE." I yell as Aliyah started laughing.
"I love you guys."
she winks keeping her hands on the wheel.
"do you wanna stop soon? You've driven for two and a half hours now." I ask.
"jolly, do you wanna drive? Noah back up front?" I turn around.
"Let's do it." Jolly says.
as we switch drivers Aliyah moves to the middle and I back in my original spot.
"finally my girl" folio puts his arm around Aliyah's shoulder.
"I will let you have her for now." I say raising to make eye contact.
"dude lay off. She is mine, ya know." Folio says
"Do I look like I give a shit dude." I say in rebuttal.
"Guys. Stop." Aliyah throws up her hands.
"You lay your head here and YOU lay your head here. TAKE A FUCKIN NAP AND STOP FIGHTING." she yells.
I lay over on Aliyah's shoulder, smelling her hair. It smelled like lavender, which nearly made me pass out.
I close my eyes and let myself drift into black

I had awoken to being shaken by Noah.
"Hey, it's time to switch spots. you and Nick are up front"

"Who's driving?" I ask.
"Nick." Noah smiles. I get out and stand with my head on Noah's chest.
We get back on the road, keeping time.
I keep my distance from folio as he quietly drives, not wanting to disturb him or cause him to do something stupid.
"Want me to open your monster?" I ask quietly.
"Uh yeah sure." He says as I open the can with a click.
"Thanks.."
"No problem. I'd rather open it to keep you from killing us all" I laugh nervously.
"How considerate of you." He spouts sarcastically.
"it's like 4 am. Guess you're stuck with me for the next four hours." I say.
"You aren't that bad." Folio smiles.
"Seems like they fell asleep fast" I turn looking at jollys head against the window. then I notice Aliyah's head rested on Noah. I give the sight a quick smile then turn back to nick.
"can I be real with you for a second?" I ask.
"Shoot." He focuses in on the road a little more.
"I know that we fight and we bicker a lot, but I do care about you and I'm glad you are in my life Nick." I look out the window.
"Real moment? Like real shit Lilly." He starts as I look over to him. "I was so excited to go on tour with your dad and when I met you, I wanted to be friends with you so bad. but I was afraid to speak to you." His hands tighten around the wheel. "I'm so glad you became a part of this little family we have."
I see the corner of his lip turn upward slightly. A smile.
"you really think that?" I say scrunching my face.
"I didn't know you were such a sap." I laugh.
"SHUT UP." he laughs. "I do mean it. Even though we bicker like an old married couple, I still see you as a cool ass big sister." He lightly punches my arm.
I watched as the black void around a us became a beautiful orange and magenta color.
"Pull over, I'll drive the rest of the way." I suggest.
"Will do." He says pulling to the side of the road. We had switched without either of the others noticing or waking from their sleep.
I pull back onto the road, watching nick place his head on the window.
I shift my focus to the road ahead, watching other cars speed past us and around.
It was six a.m now.  Meaning in another hour, the family would be together again, after one long ass year.