High five.

As we got ready for bed, the words Nicholas said almost haunted me.
"I hope you stay?" I though.
as I lie next to Noah, all I could think about were those four heavy words.
what could've happened to Noah that would make Nicholas think I'd leave?
I get up, leaving a sleeping Noah in our bed.
That was a funny phrase. "Our." And "Us"
I walked through the slim hallway picking up my book from the counter.
I'm met by Nicholas on the couch.
"Oh, I didn't think you were still awake." I say plopping down at the other end of the couch.

"What you said, like earlier. you hope I stay. What did that mean?" I ask furrowing my brow.
"I meant just that, I hope you stay. Noah's had some pretty terrible girlfriends in the past, you've gotta be the best one he has ever had . The guy has gone through some terrible shit and I don't want him to hurt like that again. hold him in your hands he has been cracked enough and his heart is a little more shattered than he lets on. " Nicholas sighs.
That's the most I'd ever seen him speak at once.
"I'm doing my best. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I love him. All of him. I'm never gonna hurt him nic." I confess.
"promise?" He asks. I look at him with a softened gaze.
"Promise."
I pulled out my book and started reading again.
I felt so at peace with the moonlight shining through the window as the dark silhouettes  of  trees danced by me. I had read on Beowulf for what seemed like hours. I turn my phone to see the time:
3:30 am
"why are you up?" I heard a groggy voice.
"I couldn't sleep. I tried to be quiet so I didn't wake you" I say closing my book. Noah walks over to my place on the couch and plants a light kiss on my forehead.
"Read to me." He softly demands. I pick up the book as he snuggles between my legs on the small couch.

"Then, one after one, there woke to him,
to the chieftain of clansmen, children four:
Heorogar, then Hrothgar, then Halga brave;
and I heard that — was —'s queen,
the Heathoscylfing's helpmate dear.
To Hrothgar was given such glory of war,
such honor of combat, that all his kin
obeyed him gladly till great grew his band
of youthful comrades. It came in his mind
to bid his henchmen a hall uprear,
a master mead-house, mightier far
than ever was seen by the sons of earth,
and within it, then, to old and young
he would all allot that the Lord had sent him,
save only the land and the lives of his men." I read from the book softly.
"I love your voice. it's so soothing. Read me more." Noah says politely.
I read him more of the text before falling asleep with the book in one hand and the other rested on top of Noah's head.
As I slept, I had still focused on the rise and fall of my chest with the weight of Noah. Listening to the gentle snores coming from him.
something about the weight of his body on top of mine was comforting to me almost like a blanket.

I woke to folio, Nicholas and jolly standing over me. All of them with expo markers trying not to laugh.
"What are you doing?" I whisper
"Shhh. Nothing at all." Jolly nearly laughs.
I look down at Noah and I notice that they have drawn all over his face.
And I cannot help to contain my laughter.
"You guys are terrible" I lightly laugh. "Watch this-" I look at the guys and then turn to Noah.
"NOAH, baby. " I shake him gently. "NOAh"
"Hmm?" He questions.
"I need you to go change the tire on the microwave so I can take a shower." I say with a grin as folio dies laughing in the corner practically turning blue, quietly.
"Okay." He opens his eyes and stands up.
As he walks to the bathroom, folio, Nicholas, jolly and I no longer contain our laughter and barrel over chuckling until we are blue in the face and our ribs hurt.
"Not funny." Noah comes out of the bathroom with a wash cloth scrubbing his face." I hate all of you."
"you love us." Folio and I sit squishing Noah in between us. that earned us an eyeroll from our victim.
Folio and I shared a high five.
the world seemed to slow down for a moment after that. Minutes seemed like hours. I wanted to know where summer would take us.what the fall would be like?