Slow Dance With The Devil [Bb...

By FriedBrain9

Bitterness. Cold. Hotheaded. Are all things that Kim Minji, the young CEO, is familiar with. She's rich and s... More

May I Have Your Attention Please
I Don't Want Her
Morning Coffee(s)
Predator Cat and Docile Dog
White Lie
Dine In Hell
Starting the Dive
The Night Shift
There's No Turning Back
Let Me Know You Better (1)
Let Me know You Better (2)
Bold Move
Flip The Switch
The Trap Went Well
Giraffe And Deer
Into Her Nest
Love, Affection, Lust
Disclosure
All The Weird Feelings
Love You In The Dark
To Break Down Your Walls
Her Darkest Scars
Already Damaged
Please Let Me In
Trusting
Revenge Party [M]
After The Party
Genuine Desire [M]
A Blast from The Past
Sisters
Broken Handcuffs
Allies
No One Can Refuse Her
The Perfect Pair (1) - M
The Perfect Pair (2) - M
The Perfect Pair (3)
Bloody Hands From The Past
The Lingering Stench of Carcasses
What We Have, What We Had
Her Decision
Immersion Of The Past
And Above All, It Is You
I Love You
The Last Note
The Vows and The Heirs (1): Devoted To You
The Vows and The Heirs (2): Treasure

Hard Heart

7.2K 400 325
By FriedBrain9

A few days later.

Minji opened the guest room and approached the bed, she looked at Hanni who was still in a deep sleep. Her hand reached out to pull back the blanket wrapped around her, "Wake up." she said.

Hanni was still snoring softly, but a moment later her hands were fumbling with the mattress, looking for the blanket.

Minji put on her knit sweater and faced Hanni, "Wake up" she said again, starting to feel impatient.

The Vietnamese rolled over onto her side, she then opened her eyes slowly.
Her vision still blurry, she blinked her eyes a few times.

The silhouette of Minji standing tall in front of her made her furrow her brow.

"Minji, why are you dressed up?" she asked in a sleepy voice.

"I'm going to the office, get up Pham."
"To the office?" Hanni sat on the bed, "Is your back not hurting anymore?" she asked.
"I have something to take care of."
"What about your back?"

Minji sighed loudly, losing patience, she pulled Hanni's waist, forcing her to stand up.

Hanni gasped and immediately covered her mouth.
Minji furrowed her brows, "What the hell, I'm not going to kiss you." she snapped angrily.

Hanni shook her head, "No, it's about my morning breath." she said still covering her mouth.

Minji narrowed her eyes, she removed her hands from Hanni's waist, "Get ready soon, if you're not done in 30 minutes I'll leave you."

"I can call a taxi."

"Don't joke with me!"

Hanni chuckled and hugged Minji tightly, "Being angry in the morning is not good for your mental state." she then released her hug and ran towards the bathroom.

----
****

"Can't you drive normally?" Hanni wiped her lipstick that went off track when Minji suddenly pulled the accelerator to pass the car in front of her.

The tall one snorted, "It's your own fault for wearing makeup here."

Hanni gasped, "I agreed with you to be ready in 30 minutes, but a woman has to dress up. Do you want me to come to the office with no makeup on? Even the janitors there wear lipstick and face powder."

Minji turned sharply to the right, Hanni again canceled her intention to put on lipstick.

"Why are you in such a hurry? Your office isn't going anywhere." Hanni snapped irritably.

"Sometimes I miss the old you, who wasn't as noisy as you are now." Minji growled.

"What did I tell you? Being grumpy in the morning is not good for you." Hanni touched Minji's fingers carefully.

They entered the parking lot.
Minji parked her car in her slot, she then turned off the engine.

"I'll be in Haerin's office until noon." she said as she opened her door.

Hanni got out of the car, she closed the door in a hurry, "I'll buy coffee and breakfast at the lobby cafe, would you like some?" she asked, Minji shook her head.

Hanni trotted up to Minji, the woman stopped walking and furrowed her brow.

"I'll see you at noon, please don't fight again, talk to me if something upsets you." Hanni said softly.

She then pulled Minji's sweater so that the tall woman bent down slightly, Hanni kissed Minji's lips and smiled, "Bye!" she waved her hand and took a small run towards the lobby.

Minji touched her lips, she closed her eyes and snorted, then stepped into the elevator.

------------------------------------------

Haerin widened her eyes in shock when the cigarette case landed on her face hard, she gaped, her face showing confusion.

Minji rubbed her hair roughly and sighed in annoyance, Haerin looked back at her, "What did you say?" she asked, still with a confused look on her face.

"You're lucky I was in a good mood this morning Haerin."

"Sorry, I was thinking of something else."

Minji gritted her teeth, "How did the meeting with MK go?" she asked.

"They agreed to cooperate."

"When will the contract be delivered?"

Haerin furrowed her brows, trying to remember.
Is it in a week? Or is it in two days? She glanced at Minji, the CEO was looking at her with a flat face.

"I think it's in a week."
"You think?"

"Yeah, they said it during the meeting, but I forgot."
"Didn't you write it down?"

Minji clenched her fists, anger and confusion filling her. Haerin had never acted like this, and they needed the contract urgently to meet the revenue target.

This was important matter, why could she forget about it.

This damn cat needed to be taught a lesson.

There was a knock on the door, Haerin immediately opened it.

Danielle walked into the room carrying a brown envelope and a package of pastries.
Minji noticed how tense her sister's face became.

"Good morning." Danielle bowed to them, she then handed the brown envelope to Haerin, "This was delivered by a messenger from MK Construction."

Minji immediately took the envelope, Danielle also handed her a package of pastry, "Miss Pham left this for you Miss.", she then bowed her head and turned around.

"Dani, have lunch with me." came Haerin's voice.

Danielle stopped and faced her boss, "I'm sorry, but I will be eating with Miss Pham this afternoon." she smiled and bowed her head.

"Can I join you?" Haerin looked at the Australian, who immediately averted her eyes, "Hanni wants to talk about something private." she said.

"You can leave now Danielle." Minji said.

Danielle bowed her head again and walked out of the room.

Minji put the envelope and the packet of food on Haerin's desk, feeling annoyed, she walked up to the cat-eye and grabbed her by the collar of her jacket.

"I'll fire that favorite woman of yours if you keep acting like this." she snarled.

Haerin let go of Minji's hand roughly, "She has nothing to do with this."
"Read the contract well and give it to me when you're done." Minji snapped.

She then picked up her food, "Open the door." she said as she stepped towards the door.

Haerin adjusted her clothes and pressed the button on her desk. The door opened and Minji immediately came out.

Hanni was just about to put her blueberry pie in her mouth when Minji walked quickly towards her office. She put her food in a bag and carried it, following Minji.

"I didn't call you, why are you following me?" Minji opened the door and headed for the sofa. Hanni closed the door, "What's wrong? You look upset." she asked.

Minji flopped down on the sofa, "Stop meddling in my business Pham." she hissed. Hanni furrowed her brows, she then sat next to Minji and handed her the food bag, "Eat.", "I'm not hungry."

She hit Minji's thigh with her free hand, "You should eat."
Minji gripped the woman's wrist, "Just because I chose you to be my future wife doesn't mean you can do whatever you want to me." she growled.

"I told you to eat because I don't want you to get sick." Hanni retorted.
"That's my problem."
"It's your problem?" Hanni stood up and put her hands on her waist, "Who forced me to help her bathe yesterday?"

"I asked you to accompany me to take a bath, not help me take a bath, that's a different thing." Minji rubbed her forehead in frustration, starting to feel annoyed by Hanni's voice.

How could the woman who had been quiet and afraid of her be this noisy?

"Why did you ask me? To help you, right?"

Minji pulled Hanni's hand so harshly that the girl fell into her lap, she then got up and dropped the Vietnamese onto the sofa, she grabbed both her shoulders.

"Awww!"

"Shut that mouth of yours or I'll move your desk to the janitor's room!" Minji snapped.

Hanni froze, realizing they were so close, Minji was above her.

They locked eyes, Hanni could feel the woman's warm breath.

She then raised her hand, brushing Minji's hair off her cheek, "Then eat, and I'll be quiet." she said softly, touching the CEO's lips, stroking them gently.

Minji falls silent, gazing intensely into Hanni's black-brown eyes, and slowly removes her hand from Hanni's shoulder.

Acting impulsively, Hanni moved her face forward, her arms around Minji's neck, pulling her close. She kissed Minji gently.

Minji's hands automatically moved to hug Hanni's body, pressing closer to hers.

Hanni could feel the woman kissing her hesitantly, "It's okay, just a kiss Minji." Hanni whispered, kissing her again.

Minji closed her eyes, moving her lips slowly to return Hanni's kiss.
Hanni felt warm and comfortable, Hanni didn't move away, she was always nearby.

Just a kiss.... was she allowed to trust this feeling?

Can she?

Hanni released her lips and hugged Minji tightly, "Are you okay now?" she asked in a half-whisper, stroking her hair.

Minji didn't answer, she closed her eyes.

"Umm..."

Hanni turned her head.

Hyein stood awkwardly, a brown envelope in her right hand, she bowed 90 degrees, "I'm sorry to interrupt your private time. Miss Kang said that this document must be signed by Miss Kim right now."

Minji stood up and ran a hand through her hair, "Don't you know what etiquette is called knocking?" she asked coldly.

Hyein bowed back, "I knocked but there was no answer, and Miss Kang..ummm..." she stared at the floor, hesitating.

Minji looked at her with a flat face.

"It's okay Hyein, just say it." Hanni smiled softly.

Hyein cleared her throat, "Miss Kang pushed my head and put my face on the scanner screen without my consent, that's why I had to go in."

Hanni laughed amusedly.

"That bastard." Minji began to pace, about to approach the cat-eye.

Hanni grabbed her fingers, she stood on tiptoe "Didn't I tell you not to fight anymore?" she whispered then kissed Minji's cheek.

Minji clicked her tongue and went to her chair.

Hyein opened her mouth in astonishment.
Minji never obeyed anyone.

She then walked over to Minji and placed the envelope on her desk. Minji picked it up and took out the contract letter, reading it carefully.

Hyein bowed and left the room when Minji had signed.
Hanni sat in front of her, carrying two small plates, she then took out each of their food and put them on the plates.

"Let's eat now." she smiled.

"You can go back to your place tonight, my back already feels better." Minji stuffed her piece of beef pie into her mouth.

"No. What if your mom comes again like yesterday?"
"She'll tell me first."
"You'll never know Minji. What if she comes with your father? Usually he comes unannounced."
Minji grinned slyly, "Are you that eager to be with me Pham?"

"I want to get to know you better Minji." Hanni said quietly.

"What for?" Minji's jaw hardened.

Hanni sighed, "To prepare myself for your devilish behavior if we live together after marriage." she glanced at Minji with annoyance.

Of course that wasn't what she meant, but she couldn't reveal her feelings too much now, it would only make Minji's defenses higher.

"I'll give you one more night." Minji said after a moment of silence.

Hanni grinned happily, "I want to sleep with you." she said.

She wanted to trust Minji.

"Whatever."

------------------------------------------

"You don't look happy to see me." Yoona pouted as she put her handbag on the sofa. Hyein scratched her head, "I don't understand why you came with two big suitcases, at this hour" she said confused.

Yoona sat next to her bag, "I just got back from an event in Jeju, aren't you happy to be the first place I went to?"

"And you don't return my calls either, and you only reply to my messages at night." Yoona made a sad face.

"I don't know what to say."

"You can respond to my messages."
"Is that something I should answer? Because you're just telling how's your day went and there's no question in it."

"Hyein! You could at least tell me about your activities too."
"Nothing special, just like the previous days. Dealing with Miss Kang is easier than Miss Kim, and she asks Miss Marsh for help more often."

Yoona rolled her eyes, "You can tell me like this in chat, we can exchange stories."
"I thought this wasn't something important to tell?" said Hyein with a puzzled face.

Yoona face-palmed inwardly.
What a dense giraffe!

"Of course it's important, I want to know your daily activities, what you ate that day, what you were doing, whether that devil is troubling you.

And if you're busy I'll understand, you can tell me before, or after. Don't just read my messages."

"Sounds like a normal couple thing to do." Hyein furrowed her brows.

"N...No! All friends do it!" Yoona stammered.

Hyein shrugged her shoulders, "Okay."

"Did you have dinner?"
"Yes, do you want anything?"
"I've eaten too."
Hyein glanced at Yoona's suitcase, "Ummm...so, do you want me to take you home?"

Is that why she's here?

Yoona gasped, "Are you kicking me out?"
"No! I mean..."
"No? Then can I spend the night here?" Yoona asked with a big smile on her lips.

Hyein became tense.

"It's Friday and it's already late." Yoona said.

Exactly, why don't you go straight back to your apartment?

But Hyein didn't say anything.

"We'll have breakfast together tomorrow morning and then I'll go home." Yoona said again.
"As you wish Miss Seol."
Yoona threw a sofa cushion at Hyein, "I hate it when you call me that." she grumbled.

"But I only have one room." Hyein suddenly felt nervous, there was no way she would make the youngest daughter of one of the biggest companies in Korea sleep on the sofa.

"We can sleep together." Yoona clasped her hands together in front of her chest.
"Uh..I can just sleep on the couch."
"Hyein, don't joke around, it's really cold, this is your room after all. I should be the one sleeping on the couch."
"What? No!"
"I'll be fine, I like the cold." Yoona grinned.

"No." Hyein quickly carried Yoona's suitcases into her bedroom, she then stood in the doorway staring at the doe-eyed, "No one sleeps on the couch!" she exclaimed.

A moment later her face reddened, "I mean..."
"You mean we're sleeping together?" Yoona smiled softly.
Hyein averted her eyes.

"Yeah..."

------------------------------------------

Haerin watched Danielle who just got out of the taxi, she took a breath and turned off the car engine, then got out and jogged over to her.

"Dani." She stopped in front of her, Danielle widened her eyes in surprise,
"Miss Kang."

Haerin rubbed her hair, "I was waiting for you."
"You waited for me? What's wrong? Is there something important?"
Haerin opened her mouth to answer, but she stopped, what was she going to say?

Why was she waiting for Danielle?

She just wanted to ask why Danielle was avoiding her lately, and she seemed more intimate with Jin Sol than before.

Were they dating?

Danielle looked at Haerin in confusion,
"Miss Kang? I have to go in now, do you have anything to say?" she raised the hood on her coat, protecting her head from the falling snow.

"You're avoiding me Dani."

Danielle sighed, "Miss Kang, I can't talk about this."
"I just want to know why."
"You should go home, it's already 10pm."
"Tell me Dani, I don't understand." Haerin rubbed her forehead in frustration.

She missed the girl's smile and laughter.

"I'm jealous." Danielle stared at Haerin, telling her her feelings, hoping Haerin would stop asking.

"Being the party whose love is unrequited and seeing you being kissed by another woman is not a pleasant thing for my eyes and heart Miss Kang.

But I will remain professional, you don't need to worry or think about me. It's my choice, remember?" Danielle smiled.

"Can I take you to lunch together tomorrow? To talk about this?"

Danielle chuckled, "You already know how I feel, I won't embarrass myself further by discussing it with you." she then bowed her head, "I have to go in now, be careful on your way home. And..."

Danielle smiled sadly, "Please don't ask me out just because you feel sympathy."

She then turned around and entered her apartment building, leaving Haerin speechless.

------------------------------------------

Yoona turned her body restlessly, where had her courage gone? She opened her eyes, peering at Hyein.

The giraffe was already asleep, her mouth half open.

Yoona snorted, how could she sleep in this condition? Whereas earlier she was the one whose face was flushed and acting shy?

Ugh!

Yoona turned to face Hyein.

Has she really fallen asleep?

"Hyein." she whispered to her, staring at the silhouette of the young woman's side profile.

There was no answer.

Yoona poked Hyein's arm slowly with her forefinger, two times.
The tall one did not move.

She was sleeping very soundly.

So cute.

She touched Hyein's fingertips slowly, rubbing them.
She inserted her fingers between Hyein's, and chuckled softly.

Their hands were almost the same size, how could someone of such height have hands this size?

The only difference was that Hyein's fingers were longer.

She returned to playing with her fingers in Hyein's hand, occasionally stifling her laughter.

"Yoona..." came Hyein's hoarse voice.

Yoona pulled her hand away in shock.

"Can't you sleep?" Hyein asked again, she raised her head and looked at Yoona.

The doe-eyed felt her face heat up, she became nervous at being caught holding Hyein's hand.

"Come here." Hyein stretched out her left arm.

Come here? Where to?

"Hurry up a bit, I'm really sleepy." Hyein said again. Yoona inched closer to Hyein's body, she was immediately greeted by the woman's arm.

"You smell good." Hyein smiled and fell back asleep.

Yoona rested her head on Hyein's chest, it was so comfortable!
She closed her eyes, suddenly feeling sleepy.

I like you stupid.

------------------------------------------

Minji typed on her laptop with a very serious face, her brows furrowed. She didn't look up when the door opened.

"Why aren't you asleep yet? It's already 1 o'clock."

Minji turned her head, Hanni closed the door and stood looking at her.

"Why didn't you knock?"
"I thought you were asleep."
"What's wrong Pham?"
"I told you I would sleep with you."

The Korean stopped what she was doing, she took off her glasses and stared at Hanni intently.

"I can't promise I'll be able to hold myself back." she said coldly, then stood up and walked over to Hanni.

Hanni looked deeply into Minji's eyes, "I trust you."

Minji looked away, she went back to her desk and turned off her laptop. Hanni stepped onto the bed and climbed onto it.

Minji turned off the light and lay down next to Hanni, closing her eyes.
"Are you going to sleep right now?" asked Hanni suddenly, facing Minji.
"Why?"
"It's a good night for conversation, what do you think?"
"I'm not interested."

Hanni pouted.

"Is there something you want for your future that you haven't achieved yet?" Hanni asked again.
"Yes, to keep you quiet and not ask too many questions."

"Minjiii..." Hanni whined.

"What's with that voice? It's ruining my hearing."
"I'm asking you seriously!"

Minji sighed in annoyance, opening her eyes, "Yes, there was Pham, but I decided to throw it away." she snarled.

Hanni caught the pent-up anger and resentment in that voice, she touched Minji's arm gently, "May I know what it is?" she asked carefully.

"Do you really want to know? You'll have to pay for it." Minji grinned wickedly.

Hanni didn't answer, she stared at the taller one's face for a moment, and then nuzzled her head into the crook of Minji's neck, "You must be really hurt." she hugged Minji's waist, rubbing it.

"Let's just go to sleep, I'm sorry for asking. You must be tired too." Hanni kissed Minji's chin, "Good night."

Minji was silent in confusion.

She expected Hanni to keep answering, keep talking, and maybe she could tease her for a while.
The Vietnamese was surprisingly funny and looked even dumber when she was angry or annoyed.

Minji liked it.

But she couldn't let her heart be broken anymore. She would not let her defenses down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 797 17
❝Loving you is both my salvation and my sweetest sin.❞ Despite being a billionaire, Minji never bothered to fill the void in her heart for love and t...
14.3K 719 6
Hanni and Minji have a little awkward but intimate moment- that shouldn't make their hearts beat so fast, right? A short summer love story Bbangsaz a...
39.1K 1.9K 13
The more Hanni plays hard to get the more Minji wants to go after her. An AU in which Hanni can't seem to fall for Minji's charm. (Originally writt...
25.5K 1.2K 20
Hanni Pham a well known vampire from her area, also one of the richest. She travels and has to go to college in Seoul Korea. Haerin the rich student...