Love Me Again

By _sweet_sunshine32

Mara Dawson is a shy, kind, caring and a beautiful person inside out. Spending all her life alone being an or... More

Introduction
Character Sketch
AESTHETICS
Prologue
__
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
__
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER 15

122 26 62
By _sweet_sunshine32

2 Months Later

Life sometimes takes such a drastic turn that you don't realize the difference between dream and reality. It's so beautiful that you want to keep it safe and protected in your heart forever. For Mara, time went forward so fast that she couldn't even grasp it. 
It's been two months since they got physical for the first time and it just feels better everytime after that. She hadn't even thought that such pleasures existed and that she would ever feel them. But Matt cherishes her, pampers her, loves her, care for her and does everything that no one has before. He has shown her a world that she could only dream about. Each morning brings them more closer emotionally while night makes them one, both physically and emotionally.

Not only she has gotten close to him but his family as well. Ava, his mom and she herself were literally inseparable whenever they were together. They talked for hours, laughed at Ava's childish antics, ate the most delicious and amazing dishes Isabella prepared and spent time just being crazy. She just loved them both so much. Actually everyone in his family. They all have accepted her so easily as if she was a part of them for a long time. 

Last month, her internship had finally ended and the good news was that she was given an appointment letter from the same hospital to join them as a junior surgeon. It was a really big opportunity and a big step towards her dream of becoming an actual heart surgeon.

When she got the news, she literally couldn't believe it. It took Matt a really long time to make her stop crying even though they were happy tears. His family was happier than her though, it seemed. Ava and Isabelle after knowing this news organized a surprise party for her, Matt already knew about it but he didn't even tell her. Well it was surprise but he could have hinted it atleast. She went there wearing pajama capris since she thought only Isabella and Ava would be there.

Isabella made all her favourite food, James gifted her a beautiful smartwatch and took her unofficial counselling session as well that irritated Isabella but Mara loved it. It gave her a feeling of conversations between a father and daughter. He gave her really good and beneficial advices for future planning. She liked that he was so serious about the careers of all his children, that now included her as well.

Ronan gave her the latest EarPod model while Ava gifted her a customized oversize T-shirt that says,
'DON'T MAKE ME ANGRY OR I WILL TAKE OUT YOUR HEART AS A EXCUSE DURING OPERATION AND WON'T EVEN RETURN IT. BEWARE OF ME AND THE GRUMPY HULK-LIKE ASSED BOYFRIEND OF MINE WHO HAS A PERMANENT STICK LOGDED UP HIS ARSE.'

It was so funny that she kept laughing the entire time while Matt kept glaring at Ava. She didn't seem concerned about it though. It was a normal banter for them.
The most special gift was from Matt though. He gifted her a framed picture of all of them taken on Christmas. The picture was candid and she was surrounded with people who made her a part of their family. Her smile was so big that she could feel her happiness radiating from the pic. At the bottom, words were written in his handwriting saying, 'I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, LOVE'. No one has ever been proud of her because no one was there. But now she had someone.
Later, he showed his love in private at his house all night long. It was so sweet and memorable.

For the first time, she felt like she had a family and the feeling was amazing. She didn't feel lonely or alone now. 

Today as she stepped out of the hospital, her mood and body weren't great though. With this new position, tons of responsibilities have landed on her shoulders. She has forgotten the last time she has slept or eaten peacefully. Her entire body especially legs were swollen and cramped from standing all day long. Her shoulder and neck had severe knots. It was really a blessing that today was Friday so she had the next 2 days off. The only thing she needed now was a good night sleep. She was so tired that she didn't even feel hungry. The only thing she craved right now was a soft, comfy bed and ......Matt.

But he wasn't here though. He has left for some work purpose last week and there hasn't been any contact since then. Ronan did not accompany him this time since he was busy with wedding preparations that was to be held next month. 
She has become so addicted to him that even a week feels like a month. She knew if he had been here right now, he wouldn't let her do any chore or even touch a thing. He was caring just like that. It was maddening and sweet at the same time. She had seen this side of him a fortnight ago. 

Flashback

These cramps were going to kill her sooner than later. She had severe dysmenorrhea from the beginning and that was the reason she had started taking birth control pills in her early teens because it helps relive some pain and maintain regularity. However some times were just unbearable. Like today.

It's almost afternoon and she hasn't even left her bed yet. She wanted to sleep but the pain didn't allow her to relax enough to get to sleep. Her mood just worsened over time so she decided to read the novel that was in her reading list for a long time but she didn't get time for it.

Roughly an hour later she was still sitting there, novel in hand and tears uncontrollably falling on the page when her door bell rang. She hastily rubbed her hands over her eyes trying to remove the tears and ran to open the door. 

As soon as Matt saw her, he knew something was wrong. Her face was stained with dry tears, she was still dressed in her night clothes and her hair was tied in a messy bun. His hand immediately went to the back of her head as she lunged at him, hugging tightly and started crying on his shoulder. 

'Mara what the fuck happened?', he asked in a panicked voice, not understanding a thing. She seemed normal and happy last night.

'Fred.... Freddy..... he died', she said in a hiccupped voice, still crying

Who the hell was Freddy? He has never heard that name from her mouth ever before. 

'Mara who's Freddy?', he asked her in a soft voice, stroking her chin as he settled her on his lap, making both of them sit on the couch

'Erica's cat'

Now who was that?

'Babe who is Erica?'

'Daniel's wife'

'Mara I am seriously confused now. Who are all these people? You have never mentioned them before', he asked in a total confused and alarmed voice. She was scaring him now.

'How can I mention them before? I got to know them today only', she said in a confused voice as if he was supposed to know about it

'Then why are you crying for them? And how did you meet them coz you haven't left the house yet'

'I did met them in my book', she said looking somewhat calm now

WTF?

'Book?'

'Well yeah they're book characters. I started reading that novel today and you just came when Freddy died', her voice breaking as if she was going to cry again. 

Now he definitely was alarmed. He put his hand on her forehead checking the temperature but it seemed normal. Next he checked the pulse on her wrist, it was normal as well. As a precaution he ran his hand all over her head as well, checking for any kind of bump but it wasn't there. Her eyes were red from crying but didn't seem feverish. What's the matter with her then?

'You were crying because the fictional cat of a fictional character's fictional wife died?', he asked feeling befuddled. As the answer she just nodded, even in this messy state looking absolutely cute and adorable. Her beautiful big eyes just gazing into his own. 

'What's the matter with you sweetheart? Are you on your periods?'

As a reply she just settled her face on his chest, hiding under his neck and just nodded. Gosh she felt so embarrassed. That little breakdown completely mortified her now. God what must he think of her now? Probably as a child. She hoped the ground would spilt open and swallow her whole.

Her eyes raised to look into his as she felt him kissing her head. He murmured, 'God woman you scared the hell out of me. I thought you were sleep talking or something'

'Sorry', she said, blush covering her face due to self consciousness

 He saw her face turning into red as she came out of breakdown mood definitely feeling mortified. He internally rolled his eyes, Gosh this woman overthinks everything.
He stood up and put forward his hand to make her stand as well. She looked confused but stood with him.

'Pack your bag, you're coming with me'

'What? Where?', she said baffled

'Home'

'This is my home Matt', she said with a small, cute smile that never fails to melt his heart

Was it though? The place where he lived always felt just a room to sleep and eat but since the moment she stepped her foot in there, it felt like a home. Whenever she was there, he didn't want to leave the place even for a second. Bonus was that she really seemed to love his kitchen, so she always cooks literally the best meals there. She was a damn wonderful cook. Also, she prepares them extra and stores them in fridge so that he can have it later. She's just thoughtful and cares about him like that.

He just shook his head as he saw her going to her room.

----

He stopped his car at a medical store near his house. Mara was dozed was in the passenger seat, totally out of light. Careful not to disturb her he got out of the car, went in the store and bought all the things required. He placed the packet on the backseat and went back in the car.

Few minutes later they reached his house but she was still sleeping. Deciding not to wake her, he scooped her up in his arms, took the packet from backseat careful not to wake her and took her up.

Mara woke up from what felt like a deep anesthetic sleep, finally feeling good. She sat on the bed in haste seeing that the surrounding was not of her house but then remembered that Matt had bought her here. Her last memory was of sleeping in his car. Woah!! Did he carry her up here? Damn, she wasn't that light. What was he a superman? But where was he?

Her eyes went to the packet that was kept near her on the wooden cabinet. She took it and her eyes moistened and a big smile stretched her face as she saw the contents inside. It was filled with all kinds of chocolate - white, dark, milk, with nuts, without nuts - that too her favorite ones. Besides it was ginger lemon tea bag, her all time fav lemonade bottle, bottle of peanut butter, a packet of ibuprofen, hot water bag, small ice packs and a new pack of sanitary pads.

She must have done some good deeds in her past life to get a man like him. She was embarrassed without a reason back at her house, he understands everything.
He entered the room and saw her awake, looking at the packet in her lap. 

'Well good morning sleepyhead or should I say good night? You have slept all day, it's 8 pm now. I was torn between waking you up and letting you sleep. At the end I decided not to disturb your beauty sleep or you will murder some other book character of yours', he said in an amused voice

As soon as she saw him a big smile formed on her face. 'Come here', she said crooking her finger in the motion. Once he was near her, she fisted his shirt, brought him down at her level and kissed him hard.

After few seconds she broke it feeling breathless while his breathing was normal as always.
'Woah, if I knew that a small trip to medical would make you so horny, I had buy the whole store for you'

She blushed hard and hit his arm lightly, 'Shut up'

After their meal, they were both on his bed laying with his large frame spooning her small one from back as he rubbed small circles on her bare stomach since she was wearing another shirt of his.
'BTW I am curious. How the hell did that Freddy died that you cried so much?'

Uh oh not that question, she thought. She deliberately covered her face with the comforter and told him, 'Well.. um.. because of some recreational activities?'

'He died coz of sex? WTF?'

'Yeah. He was so umm.... excited and motivated... that his head burst during the uhhh.... process'

He was quite for some time before she felt him lowering his head in her neck and pulling her more close to him. Then he burst out laughing, she joined him soon'

Flashback ends

She came out of the beautiful memory with a small smile on her face as she entered her house, missing him so much. His mere presence makes her loose all the tiredness and tension. She just wished he would come back soon.

After a quick but hot bath that soothed her muscles, she changed into one of his shirt that she had kept here and finally laid on her bed. GOD IT FELT LIKE HEAVEN. Now, she was going to wake directly on Monday.

She sighed and went to her beloved sleep.

Some time later a knock sounded on her door. Who was there so late?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all again!!!!!!! How are you?

Did you guys like the chapter? Was it worth it?
I find them so cute <33

Plz vote and comment if you do. I really really love reading all the comments.

Question of the chapter =>

Do you like eating outside or cooking at home?

Since I don't know how to cook, I like outside food but I love my mom's food more 😊

Keep reading and loving it like this <333

HAPPY DAY!

- PS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3M 544K 68
Entangled Book #1 -Wattpad featured story- Ariana Jones is a sweet, innocent, and smart girl who has been battling a lot of issues all her life. She...
961K 20.8K 24
Adeline Fox thought she was living the perfect life for a 25 year old. She has the perfect job, the perfect house, and the perfect husband... Or so s...
80.3K 6.1K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...
73K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...