Cigarette Daydreams

Galing kay adolescentyears

Funny how it seems like yesterday As I recall you were looking out of place Gathered up your things and s... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 10

27 4 0
Galing kay adolescentyears

I hate everyday of the week that is not Friday. It's Thursday, which means the week is almost over but there is still around 24 hours until then. Kyle and I are hurrying to finish cleaning this place up. I guess there's a huge test in an advanced class today so everybody was in here yesterday studying and of course, the people on the last shift yesterday, decided that they were to busy to clean up half of the mess.

Kyle was furious when we walked in and he saw the multiple books lying all over the place. The counters were sticky with spilled drinks and the floors were a mess of papers, books, napkins and pencils.

"I hate people." Kyle kept muttering under his breath, I laughed every time.

"Can you help me with these books Kyle?" I had stacked four rows of at least six books each, and they were pretty big books too. Stupid advanced classes.

"Yeah, of course." Kyle threw the towel he was using to clean the counter over his shoulder and walked over to me. I grabbed a stack, but when it was too heavy, I took two books off. Kyle grabbed the whole stack and we carefully walked up the stairs.

When we got up, we placed the books on a cart that was meant for putting books away. I really wished that this place had an elevator, it would be so helpful.

"I'm so going to report this." Kyle sighs, he runs his hands through his blonde hair.

"To who? The school?" I hide my smile by turning around.

"Yeah. They can't let this stand. I won't let this stand." He was so serious and that made this even more hilarious.

"Sure you won't." I didn't look at him, instead I looked at the books we had just set down. All were books about physics and advanced science. They were all horribly big books.

"What?" Kyle questioned.

"Nothing, you just always say things like that. But of course you never do them." I looked at him finally. I couldn't hide my smile anymore so I just showed it to him.

"I will this time." He pointed a ring covered finger at me.

"I believe you." I smiled along.

"Stop it." Kyle was trying not to smile but it was peaking through. The sides of his pink lips started twitching upward. He stepped closer to me, slowly.

"Stop what?" I questioned, tilting my head to the side. My smile was so wide it was almost hurting my face.

"Smiling like that." His half smile looked more like a smirk. I tried to stop the laugh that was about to escape my lips by looking behind him at the book covered walls. Multiple books had been pulled out and were hanging onto the shelf by a thread. I quickly glanced back at Kyle who's smile had almost completely broke out.

"What, why?" I responded.

"Your mocking me." He stepped closer. I tried to back away but the book cart was behind me.

"Am not."

"Are so." Kyle was basically an inch away from me.

"Am not." I repeated.

"You are too cute." His smile broke out and he looked too cute.

"Yeah, well." I placed my hands on his shoulders, trying to push him away but he wouldn't budge. I was still smiling, so was he.

Kyle smirked and tried to lean into me, I quickly placed my hand over his mouth. I could feel his puckered lips in my palm and I laughed silently.

"Nope." It was my turn to smirk. He stared at me with his bright green eyes, my hand still covering his mouth, muffling his words.

"What, why?" He pouted in my hand.

"We need to hurry up and clean this place up." I explained, pushing at his shoulders. He refused to move.

"Come on, please?" Kyle grabbed my hand and took it away from his lips. He started to smile sweetly and I really wanted to kiss him.

"Fine." I quickly kissed his lips, a peck, and pulled away, slipping from under his arm.

"That didn't even count, Violet." Kyle pouted again, grabbing me just before I went down the stairs. I turned back to him. His skin was always really pale in the morning and his lips were always a bright pink. I looked around him, at the mess, to get my mind off of his face.

"We need to clean." I repeated. I was pushed up on his chest, I could feel his stupid heart beating. I tried to pull away but he wrapped his arms around my waist and didn't budge. I could feel his ring through my shirt.

"In a second." He smiled.

"Kyle." I whined.

"Kiss me. You know you want to." He was smirking widely, my heart was melting.

"I want to finish cleaning." I said, which wasn't really true. I wanted to kiss him more than ever. Why did he have to be so darn persuasive? I was dancing with the devil and I was enjoying it far too much.

"I will not stop bugging you until you kiss me." He chuckled, I died. If it wasn't for his gleaming eyes, I would have been able to resist and pull away, I think.

"I know you won't. Fine." I gave in. I leaned forward and put my lips on his. I tried to make it quick but he pulled me closer and I was almost sure I would fall down the stairs if he pulled me any closer. He deepened the kiss but finally let me go, teasing.

"See, was that so bad?" He smirked and walked down the stairs, leaving me, eyes wide.

"Ha ha." I awkwardly tried to stalk away.

"Come on let's clean." This time it was Kyle who said the words, already halfway down the steps. Even with his back turned to me, I knew that there was a wide smirk spread across his face. And for some reason, I couldn't help but smile.

———

'Can I come over?' I read Levi's text. I had just gotten home from my class, and wasn't actually tired this time. But the gloomy day was definitely starting to take a toll on my mood.

'Yeah, of course. You okay?'

'I think so. I'll be there in five.'

I set my phone down on the counter and took a look around. My apartment was usually clean but i had gotten lazy about it lately. I threw my bag into my room real quick and got started cleaning. The kitchen was pretty small so it wouldn't take to long, I hoped. There was no dishes in the sink, I couldn't stand having dirty dishes just sitting there.

I managed to clean the counters and sweep the floors by the time Levi got there. I suppose it had been five minutes already.

A knock sounded throughout the apartment, making me jump a little. I walked over to the door, broom in hand.

Levi walked in as soon as I opened the door, he seemed rushed.

"Are you okay?" I asked. It seemed like I had been asking this question a lot lately. Maybe it was a good thing.

"You know, you don't have to ask to come over every single time." I proceeded to shutting the door, hearing the familiar click as it slid into place. Levi kept his blonde head down slightly, staring more at the floor then what was in front of him. He seemed glum, but then again, Levi was a mix of emotions at all times. I liked that about him. He was borderline bipolar, but I don't know, it made him interesting.

"I know, but I don't want to show up and have you be doing 'stuff' with Kyle." Levi lifted his head towards me, a small but evident smirk on his face. He walked towards the couch and slumped down as he sat.

"Ha ha, very funny." I leaned the broom against the wall and walked towards Levi, in my head thinking that that was enough cleaning for today. I sat down next to him, staring at the black screen of the television that was sitting on the table a few feet away.

"So what's up?" I asked. Levi was the type of guy that kept everything to himself until someone asked him about it.

"I need a distraction." He turned to me suddenly. His blue eyes were a bit red, he had been rubbing at them. He had a habit of doing that when he was tense or stressed. Levi started to raise his balled up fist back to his eyes but I grabbed his shoulder and pulled it back down.

"From what?" I asked. I kicked my shoes off and brought my legs onto the couch, turning to face levi. He did the same as I had done and faced me. His left eye, the one that had been away from me, was far redder than his right. I really wished he would stop doing that.

"Everything. I don't have anything that I could be doing most of the time, so it just leaves me thinking about everything, even smoking. I need your help, please." He stared at me with his blue (now red) eyes.

"How?" I almost pleaded.

"I don't know, give me some ideas. I need a distraction after school." I could tell by the way he was leaning back slightly that he wanted to throw him self into the couch but that would be a mistake, and he knew it. He had done it once before, he had hit his head on the arm rest and I had laughed so hard it hurt. I had to stop thinking about the incident before I burst into laughter right there.

"You could go out and get a girlfriend you know." I explained.

"You make it sound like they sell girlfriends at the store." Levi burst into a smile and I smiled back, only because he was happy.

"Oh come on, you're a reasonably attractive young guy. It can't be that hard." I shrugged at him, suddenly becoming hungry. It was totally off topic but I'm very easily distracted so.

"Reasonably attractive huh?" He smirked at me, and I wanted to laugh but I couldn't find it in me, so I smiled.

"Okay, get a job. It's a distraction and you get money so plus." I kicked my feet off of the couch and rested them on the coffee table.

"Good idea, Vi. All go search for one tomorrow. Let's just chill now." He copied my position once again but scooted closer to me, he was about an inch away. He smiled at me and reached over me to grab the control and it made sense.

He turned on the television and started flipping through the channels, although he remained close to me. I told him that we should order a pizza or Chinese because I was horribly hungry. Levi of course did not argue, so we agreed on a pizza. I called and got comfortable, hoping that the food would arrive sooner than later.

Levi and I settled on watching a marathon of the Big Bang Theory, which neither one of us complained about. As we got comfortable on the couch, Levi ended up laying his head on my legs once again. I wasn't going to complain, he was my best friend, and I-i loved him. I was sure of it.

We sat comfortably watching and laughing at the television, waiting for the pizza to arrive. My hand had instantly gone to his hair, just playing with the blonde strands that I didn't recognize. He looked up at me, a thin smile on his face. He looked cute.

I smiled back. 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

262K 11.4K 32
𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘵...
20.6K 810 27
Collection of short stories Just dreaming and writing...... ~Bestfriends to lovers ~His love ~Ibadat (ongoing) ________________________________ Book...
239 18 19
"𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜, 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎. 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐...
1.6K 32 3
"𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲? 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝... 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮." {𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚 × 𝐑...