Hurt | Remus Lupin

By soft_multi_fandom

Sara Finnigan, the older sister of Seamus, is in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts. As she and her two b... More

~1~ A New Professor
~2~ Care of Magical Creatures
~3~ Sara's Boggart
~4~ Tea with Lupin
~5~ Hogsmeade
~6~ Sleepover in the Great Hall
~7~ The First Quidditch Match
~8~ Crippled Finnigan
~9~ Necklace from a Secret Admirer
~10~ Gryffindor's Win
~11~ The Quidditch Cup
~12~ Sara and Remus
~13~ Sara's Discovery
~14~ The Werewolf
~15~ Remus Departs
~17~ Table Crashers
~18~ Quidditch Campsite
~19~ IRELAND WINS
~20~ Death Eater Attack
~21~ Auror Training
~22~ The First Task
~23~ Date with Charlie
~24~ Yule Ball
~25~ The Second Task
~26~ Sara the Matchmaker
~27~ Cedric's Death
~28~ Aftermath
~29~ The Fight
~30~ Angry Reunion
~31~ Lies
~32~ Shitty Spy
~33~ Advance Gaurd
~34~ Harry's Arrival
~35~ Questions
~36~ Clean up
~37~ The Hearing
~38~ Prefect Party
~39~ The Apology
~40~ Kings Cross
~41~ What are we?
~42~ Run in with Percy
~43~ Birthday Party
~44~ Dumledore's Army
~45~ A Night to Remember
~46~ Snake Attack
~47~ Christmas at St. Mungo's
~48~ Cured!
~49~ Valentine's Day
~50~ Dumbledore's Departure
~51~ Harry in the fireplace
~52~ Fred and George's Escape from Hogwarts
~53~ Hagrid and McGonagall's Attack
~54~ Battle At The Minsitry
~55~ After the Battle
~56~ The Dusley's
~57~ The Finnigan's
~58~ Family Dinner
~59~ The Twins shop
~60~ Moving In
~61~ Anger
~62~ Full Moon
~63~ Harry's Suspicions
~64~ Christmas Eve
~65~ Percy's Big Fat Stupid Face
~66~ New Years
~67~ Ron's Birthday Surprise
~68~ Return
~69~ Dumbledore's Death
~70~ Shouting Match In The Hall
~71~ Proposal
~72~ Sara and Remus' Wedding Day
~73~ Rescuing Harry
~74~ Battle of the Harry's
~75~ Unexpected Death
~76~ Bill and Fleur's Chaotic Wedding
~77~ The Year

~16~ The Burrow

1.4K 32 4
By soft_multi_fandom

"I DID IT!" I screamed into the phone, jumping up an down. "I GOT ACCEPTED TO START AUROR TRAINING!"

"Goodness Sara, lower your voice please." Percy grumbled on the other line. "But I'm certainly very proud of you."

I had taught him how to use a phone so that we could communicate easier than just owling all the time.

"I can't believe it!" I cried. "This is- wow."

After submitting applications and my grades to the Ministry, it took them a month to look over my things. I was convinced they would reject me, until I had received a letter saying I was now a part of the program, and would begin my training in mid August. Percy had already started work at the Department of International Magical Cooperation, and would call me every single day for hours on end telling me all about it. Once, I had left the phone on the table, went to make myself lunch, and had come back half an hour later to find him still talking, never realizing I had put the phone away. To be honest, I still don't really know what he does.

The next day, Percy called me to tell me that his father had gotten a bunch of tickets to the World Cup from work. I planned to apparate there the following day to spend a few days at the Weasley's before going to the cup. Even though we have been friends since first year, I had never actually been to the Burrow. I liked spending my summer's with my family, but mum told me I should take this opportunity and have some fun there before I start training at the Ministry like crazy. 

I had also received a letter from Ollie. I opened it eagerly.

Dear Sara,
I'm so proud of you for getting accepted into the Auror Program! That's going to be a hell lot of work, but I know you have the resilience for that. As for me, I have been signed to the Puddlemere United reserve team! I'm looking forward to starting soon. Also, you're an absolute idiot for teaching Percy how to use a phone. He sent me at least four feet of details of his job. I haven't ready anything yet. Anyways, I'll meet you and Percy at the World Cup!
Love,
Ollie

I grinned and quickly wrote a response, telling him how happy I was for him and that I'd see him at the cup. Once I sent my owl off, I went to Seamus' room, who then informed me that Dean invited him to the World Cup too.

"Aye, so I'll still see you there!" I said happily, flopping down on his bed.

"I'm so fucking excited." Shay said happily. 

"Me too. I've always wanted to see the World Cup!"

We spend the rest of our days talking about Quidditch, and him having me replay all my favorite quidditch moments from my games. The next day, I packed a bag with my clothes, kissed mum and Shay goodbye, and Apparated to the Weasley's house. I knocked on the Burrow's door, and Mrs. Weasley opened it. "Oh hello Sara! lovely to see you! Congratulations on your Aror acceptance, Percy just told me!" she hugged me tightly. "I'm proud of you dear."

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley." I smiled, patting her back as she let go of me. 

"You can put your things in Ginny's room, Hermione is here already." she said, directing me to Ginny's room.

I walked up the stairs and found Ginny's room, knocking. No one answered so I poked my head in to see that the girls weren't there. I walked into the room and placed my bag on a sleeping bag. I then found my way to Percy's room. I knocked on Percy's door. 

He poked his head out. "Sara! Come in, I'm just writing a report for the office."

I walked into his room, and was not surprised to see that it was very neat. Freakishly neat. I sat down on his bed. "Please don't tell me you're just going to be writing reports the whole time I'm here."

"Don't worry, I won't." he replied, scribbling away.

That was a complete lie. Percy was constantly working, and would get worked up if anyone was being too loud outside. I would get bored, and would end up hanging out with anyone except Percy at this point.

The day after I had come, the two eldest Weasley brothers arrived. I was sitting in the kitchen, chatting with Mrs. Weasley when they walked in.

Mrs. Weasley jumped up. "Oh Bill! Charlie! How I've missed you both, come here."

She gave them tight hugs and a kiss on their cheek each. They noticed me. 

"Hello, and you are?" the shorter and stockier one said. 

"I'm Sara Finnigan." I said, walking over and shaking his hand. "I'm friends with Percy."

"I'm Charlie."

"You don't look like you'd be friends with Percy, Sara." the taller one with long hair said. "Bill." he shook my hand too.

I snorted. "I honestly am still wondering why I ever became friends with him."

Bill laughed. 

At dinner, I helped Mrs. Weasley set the dinner table, using my wand to help set everything up. Percy finally came down.

"Nice of you to show your face Perce." I said jokingly, punching his shoulder. 

"I have lots of work to do Sara." Percy said briskly.

I frowned at his tone of voice. I was used to Percy being uptight and bossy, and taking work too seriously, but his whole demeanor had changed over the last month, making him seem..... like a plain old arsehole.

Ron noticed my face and pulled me closer to him and Hermione. 

"He's been like this ever since he got his job." Ron whispered.

"Oh." 

"I hope you won't turn out like that."

"I won't."

Finally we all settled down for dinner, and conversation started flowing at once. It started with Bill and Charlie telling everyone about their jobs. Bill worked at Gringotts in Egypt, while Charlie was in Romania working with dragons. So that explained all his scars and burns. 

"So, Sara." Bill said. "Now that you're done school what's your future looking like?"

"OH I FORGOT!" Mrs. Weasley gasped, jumping up and running to the fridge. 

We all turned to look at her in alarm. She quickly bustled back with a cake. "I made a cake for you Sara!"

"Why?" asked Charlie curiously.

"I was accepted into the Aurror Training Program." I grinned, blushing at all the attention everyone was giving me.

"WHAT!" Ron screamed. "You didn't tell me you got accepted!"

"That's amazing!" Hermione gushed. 

"Wow, you're gonna be even cooler than you already are." Ginny looked at me in awe. 

"Wicked." the twins said at the same time.

I laughed at that. 

"Wow," Charlie looked impressed. "That's fantastic! It's really difficult to get into the program."

I blushed at his praise.

Bill nodded. "I think the last person to get into the program was in about three years ago."

"Wait, so now you get to like, kill people!" Fred cried.

I spit out my water. "Merlin Fred. I mean, only if I have to I guess, but don't become so dark yet!"

"Admit it, it'll be really cool. You can use our invention!" George said.

Mr. Weasley smiled. "Now now boys, let's give Sara a breather, and let her eat her dinner!"

After dinner, Ron told me and Hermione to hangout in his room. Ginny went to bed early because she was so tired. When we got to Ron's room, they started talking together and I curled up on a cushion like chair, pulling out some parchment paper and a quill.

"Who are you writing that to?" asked Ron nosily.

I glanced at his door to make sure it was shut. "Remus."

"Ooh." Hermione said.

"Did you tell Percy or Wood?" asked Ron.

I shook my head frantically. "The only people who know about our, well, our feelings for each other, are you two, Harry and Sirius. Well, and Dumbledore and McGonagall. Turned out they were betting on us."

Ron started laughing. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah, anyway. Not even Seamus knows. I'm not ready for that yet. It's not like we're dating anyway."

They sat on either side of me, and looked at my parchment.

"You didn't even write anything yet." Ron said with disappointment. 

"Nosy much?" I said.

They just looked at me expectantly and I sighed, beginning to write.

Dear Remus,
I hope you're doing well. This past month has been treating me pretty great. I got accepted into the Auror Training Program! Mad-Eye Moody is going to be training me for a bit, and then someone names Nymphadora Tonks will take over and guide me while he leaves for the year. Not really sure where he's going no one told me. Anyways, I start end of this month and I'm so excited! I'm currently staying at the Weasley's, they invited me, Harry and Hermione to watch the Quidditch World Cup with them, and Percy and I are meeting Oliver there. 
I really miss you.
Love,
Sara

"That's really sweet." Hermione said.

I smiled at her as I closed my letter. I attached it to my owl, Gizmo, just as Bill knocked and walked in the door with Charlie.

"Who's that for?" asked Bill.

"No one!" I said quickly blushing.

"Ooh, secret admirer?" asked Charlie grinning while Ron sniggered.

"Oh leave her alone." Hermione said.

I let Gizmo fly out and I sat back down, crossing my arms over my chest.

"What are you doing here?" asked Ron.

"We got bored." Charlie said. "Percy is looking for anyone to rant to about his job. And Mum is trying to cut my hair."

"I think it looks fine this long." I said.

"Thank you!" he cried, grabbing my shoulder. "That's what I've been trying to tell her! Maybe you can tell her for me, she'll probably listen to you."

Ron nodded. "Oh yes, Mum will listen to anyone that's not her child."

I laughed. 

"Hey Sara, is it alright if I ask you something?" asked Bill. "And you don't ave to answer it if you don't feel comfortable."

"Alright....." I narrowed my eyes.

"Er, what happened to your.....-" he gestured to his face.

"Oh," I reached up and touched my nose. "I um, got attacked by a werewolf at the end of the school year."

"That was you?" Charlie cried.

"What do you mean, that was me?" I asked.

"It was all over the Daily Prophet." Bill replied. "But they didn't say the name of the victim. I um, guessed when I saw you but I didn't want to just assume. Sorry."

"It's alright." I mumbled.

"Charlie, tell us more about dragons! How's Hagrid's dragon doing?" Hermione butted it, saving the awkwardness in the air.

Apparently, Charlie, just like Percy, could talk about his job for hours on end, but at least learning about dragons was actually interesting. 

Every morning, Percy and Mr. Weasley would go to work, and come back later in the evening. I could spend my days reading up on Auror's and important spells I might need to know for training. Bill taught me a few spells that he uses at Gringotts, just in case, and Hermione was helping me make lists of important things I always need to remember. 

Remus had never responded to my letter. I know he received it, because Gizmo came back empty handed. I scowled at that. 

Men.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

748 75 27
Sirius Black and Remus Lupin have now been joined with Lucius Malfoy and Gellert Grindelwald. Olive Collins is a Hogwarts teacher who gets whisked in...
1.6K 35 12
Amelia Potter is the exact copy of her mother,except her hair, she has her fathers hair. During her life at Hogwarts she finds herself some friends b...
77.6K 1.4K 79
all I can ever ask of you is to stay. just stay. ----- i do not take credit for the s...
495 78 43
"I long to escape into a story that has not been written." Saoirse Finnigan is the twin sister of Seamus Finnigan. The two could not be any more diff...