All The Love Songs About You...

By ashley_swift

"And suddenly all the love songs were about her." Erynn Wiggins, Lead Vocalist of the up and coming band "Qui... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 1: The Yellow Flower
Chapter 2: Eater of French Toasts
Chapter 3: I'm going to Berlin!
Chapter 4: I'm the Band Manager
Chapter 5: Can I take you out?
Chapter 6: Caoimhe
Chapter 7: Mystery Girl
Chapter 8: Caoimhe's Drunk Escapade
Chapter 10: No Hug?
Chapter 11: She's Mystery Girl
Chapter 12: Afterparty
Chapter 13: I have a crush
Chapter 14: Day 2
Chapter 15: Can I text you?
Chapter 16: Back Home
✨ Special Chapter ✨
Chapter 17: let's keep it a secret
Chapter 18: Dinner Date
Chapter 19: I Love You
Chapter 20: Love isn't enough
Chapter 21: We need to talk
Chapter 22: It's Over
Chapter 23: A Fresh Start
Chapter 24: 8 months
Chapter 25: Men are Assholes
Chapter 26: I miss her
Chapter 27 1/2 : I need to see her
Chapter 27 2/2 : She moved on
Chapter 28: Stuck with you
Chapter 29: Begin Again...
Chapter 30: Clueless Friends
Chapter 31: Hi mom
Chapter 32: Home
Epilogue
The Marriage Bargain
Bonus Chapter: My Fiancée!

Chapter 9: Berlin Music Festival

2.1K 101 13
By ashley_swift

A few weeks later...

Saffron's POV:

Today is the day! I woke up especially early as I couldn't contain my excitement any longer. Later I'll be flying to Berlin from London and finally get to meet and talk with the Quirky Stevens Band! I have been anxiously waiting for this moment for the past couple of weeks and it's finally happening in a few hours!

I went to the kitchen to prepare a simple breakfast. I decided on some Avocado toast and an açaí bowl. I usually don't have the luxury to stay home and just do me. So it's nice to get to enjoy my breakfast in the comforts of my home and just breathe for a while.

Especially these past weeks, I was staying up at the office past midnight and sometimes not even going home at all just to finish all of my work. And it's because I'm planning to stay a few weeks in Berlin for Vacation. I've been working hard nonstop and I'm exhausted physically and mentally.

Nima and Madiha convinced me to take a break and they actually talked to my boss about it. They knew I wouldn't do this myself so they handled it. That's what best friends are for Saff.
Madi said when they told me about what they did.

Ping!

I was finishing up my acai bowl when I received a text from Nima. I really have the greatest friends! If only they could come and join me on vacation then it'll be perfect. There's no point in asking them though as I'm sure they can't just leave work immediately especially Nima. Madiha is actually in Berlin now since she is one of the events organizers so I'll be sharing a hotel room with her. But after the festival ends, she'll be back in London and I'll stay in Berlin.

I waited for Nima's reply but it's either she fell asleep again or got distracted by something. I know she's especially busy with all the summer runway shows and magazine shoots she has these days so her remembering that I'm flying today is just so thoughtful. But as her pseudo older sister, I want to make sure she gets enough rest so I told her not to bother sending me off if it's a hassle since I'll be flying in with Patrick, my co-worker who's documenting the festival and a camera man anyways. But since she didn't see my last text, I guess I'll see her at the airport.

I decided to go back to my room and double check my belongings, I'll be bringing a lot than usual so I want to make sure everything is accounted for. I left my dishes in the sink and made a mental note to do them before I leave. I also fed my goldfish, Phalo which reminds me that I have to leave my keys with Patrick, Madiha's long time boyfriend which lives with her near my flat so he could feed Phalo when I'm gone. And yes this is a different Patrick than my co-worker.

My Airport outfit has been prepared since last night so I just took it off my wardrobe and laid it nicely on my bed. I took a photo and posted it on my instagram story.

I woke up too early which is why I have nothing to do, so I decided to drop off my spare key at Madiha and Patricks' flat, hopefully he's home and awake now. Me, Madi and Nima all live close by to each other, Madi's is literally across from mine so it didn't take me more than a minute to appear at their door.

Knock knock

"Oh hey Saffron! Been awhile." Patrick greeted as soon as he opened the door. I've known Patrick since we were in college. That's how long they've been together.

"Hey Pat! So I need a favor."

"Of course, come in! Have you eaten?"

"Yep! Don't worry about me." I said as I sat down across from the dining table.

"So what do ya need?" Patrick asked shoving a mouthful of eggs down his mouth. Ugh boys.

"Swallow before speaking." I rolled my eyes at his silly antics. Patrick is like a brother to me, he's a year older and an only child so he treats me and Nima like his little sisters which is nice but makes me miss my real brother more. He mumbled a sorry before urging me on to speak.

"So I'll be staying in Berlin for a few weeks, maybe a month tops, so I need you to check on Phalo and feed him. Don't worry though since you just have to do it this first 3 days and then when Madi is home, she can do it." I explained, handing him the spare key to my flat. Madiha actually has a key already but I'm sure she's got it with her so I have to give Patrick a new one.

"Yeah of course, maybe we'll move Phalo's fish tank here if you'll be gone that long, just so we don't forget to feed him." Patrick said, grabbing the keys from me.

"We can do that now if you want? I have to change his water anyways."

"Sure, I'll finish breakfast and I'll go to your place."

"Thanks Pat."

"Mmhmm"

I quickly went back and started on reducing Phalo's water. Once it was halfway, I scooped him up with a net and placed him in a temporary container. I scrubbed away the dirt from the glass and drained the water fully so it's possible for Patrick to carry it home.

After a couple of minutes, Patrick arrived and took away Phalo's 40 gallon aquarium. I followed behind him, carrying Phalo in his temporary container, then I spent a little under an hour situating the aquarium and Phalo. No use giving Patrick the spare key lol.

I said goodbye to Patrick and went home to take a shower. I have to be at the airport in one hour so I can take my time and not rush around like a madman. The company car will be me up soon so I quickly hopped in the shower and then started to get ready.

Just as I was applying the last touches of my mascara, I heard a honk outside which meant the car is here. I opened the front door and gestured for the driver to go in. He helped me with my three big luggages and off we go!

——at the airport ———

"Saffron!" I turned around and saw Nima making her way towards me. I smiled and walked towards her, giving her a hug.

Smack!

"Ouch! What the heck?" Nima complained rubbing her upper arm. I gave her a light smack after hugging her is why.

"I told you not to come if you're busy! Have you slept yet?" I lectured her, crossing my arms. Nima looks like she just got out of a magazine photoshoot. She's got a full face of makeup behind huge sunglasses and a sparkly sequin dress, definitely not something you wear to the airport.

Nima gave me a sheepish smile and said "I'm fineeee, you'll be gone awhile and Madi's also not here, I'll be alone so I wanted to see you." She pouted.

"Whatever, just take care of yourself 'kay? Madi will be back after 3 days, so stay out of trouble until then." I said and gave her another hug, this one longer than the first. Nima has a strong personality now but she's still a baby. She's Madi and I's pseudo baby sister so of course I worry about her.

"Yes mom." She gave me a salute after separating from the hug which got her a pinch on the arm for me. We talked for a few more minutes before I had to go. I told her to go home and sleep but knowing Nima, she'll probably go shopping or something.

Anyways, Berlin here I come!

——-Berlin Airport ———

I'm now in Berlin, standing around the Baggage Claim area waiting for my luggages. London to Berlin is just under a 2 hour plane ride so right now it's only 11am and the festival won't start until 3pm. So I'll be heading towards the hotel first and grabbing lunch near the area before heading to the Festival.

Since it's the opening day, Madiha will probably be running around like a headless chicken, which means she probably won't be at the hotel when I arrive. I guess I'll see her at the venue instead. I got all my luggage and so did Patrick and the cameraman, Dave. We head out and flagged down a taxi straight to the hotel.

———time jump ———

As I walked through the crowded music festival, I felt a sense of excitement building inside me. I haven't felt like this in a long while, after working for many years, I got used to meeting celebrities and singers all the time. But today is different, I guess I really grew to love the band and their music, you could say I became a fan.

I was about to interview one of the most popular bands in the industry. I could feel my heart racing as I entered the area where the 'concerts' will take place. The festival is organized in a way that the stalls and booths are the first thing you see when you enter and then the area where the performances will happen is behind a fenced in area so that it's not overly crowded.

I have kept in touch with Paige after our first meetup but this will be the first time I'll see her in person again. This is also the first time I'll see Caoimhe again after we saw each other at the club, when I saw her with Nima. I still don't know the deal between them but I know I shouldn't interfere, so I'll let Nima be.

The sun was shining brightly on the open field where the music festival was taking place. The sound of different instruments coming from different stages filled the air as excited fans roamed around. I stood to one side and sent Paige a text.

I waited for Paige to arrive and took the time to settle my nerves. I'm actually with the cameraman Dave, since we've decided to record the exclusive interview and not just have it as an article for the magazine. We'll be posting the interview on our Youtube channel and use the clips to market the upcoming magazine. Of course we won't film the entire interview 'cause then people won' buy the magazine anymore as there's no need.

"Saffron!" I heard a familiar voice in front of me and looked up from my phone. I saw Paige walking in my direction and gave her a smile.

"Hi Paige, how have you been?" I greeted, giving her a quick hug.

"So busssyyy." She replied with a smile. She looks tired but satisfied. I guess her works' been crazy these past few weeks leading up to this event.

"By the way, this is Dave, our cameraman. He'll be filming the interview later." I introduced Dave to Paige who shook his hand and greeted him.

"So let's go? I'll take you backstage." Paige said and walked in front of us.
As I approached the backstage area, where I was scheduled to meet the band. I felt nervous and excited at the same time. Then I saw her.

I saw the Eryn Wiggins standing off to the side, chatting with her bandmates. She was even more handsome in person than she appeared in photos. I've been following her on tiktok and that doesn't do her justice.

I took a deep breath and walked over to her and her bandmates, about to introduce myself as the journalist who would be conducting the interview.

"Oh Hey Saffron!" Caoimhe suddenly saw me and greeted me first. She gave me a shy smile and quickly averted her eyes. The three women beside her stopped their conversation and all looked at me. I looked at Erynn and saw her with wide eyes and a surprised expression which she subtly trying to hide. I walked closer and introduced myself.

"Hi Everyone, I'm Saffron Abrams, a journalist from "Under the Radar."

"Nice to meet you I'm Heidi Ameera Judd, The drummer."

"Hi I'm Thalia Ward, the bassist."

"We met already, but anyways, I'm Caoimhe Pool, I play the electric guitar and write some of the songs, but you knew that already right?" Caoimhe introduced herself and shook my hand just like Heidi and Thalia. I gave her an amused smile and turned to look at Erynn. Caoimhe must be hanging out with Nima, she's rubbing of on her.

I stood there staring at Erynn expectantly but she's not speaking, just staring blankly at me. I was starting to get awkward and so I fidgeted in my place and glanced at the other women. I heard Heidi snickering at the side, and heard Thalia say,

"Hey Erynn! Snap out of it!"

"Huh!" Erynn snapped back to reality and did a little surprised jump, looking adorable as she did so, which made me giggle. Cute.

She snapped her head in my direction and smile sheepishly.

"Sorry about that, I'm Erynn Wiggins the lead vocalist and songwriter." She smiled and extended her hand, introducing herself as well. "Nice to meet you." She added, Her voice was smooth and velvety, and I found myself feeling a little nervous in her presence.

"So uhm, nice to meet you all. This is Dave, he'll be filming the interview. So what we'll do is we'll do separate interviews and then one interview with all of you guys. So which one do you wanna do first? Separate or?" I explained quickly about what we're doing. We don't have a lot of time since they're opening acts so I wanted to get started immediately.

"Let's do separate interviews first, so the other members can get ready." Paige butted in from the side, I looker at her as she's speaking. "Erynn you go first since you're done with makeup and hair, then Caoimhe next and so on." Everyone agreed with Paige and so we all went our separate ways.

I led Erynn to where the interview will take place which is another tent beside the one we were just in. While Dave sets up the camera and fixes the lights, We chatted for a few minutes, discussing the weather and their stay here in Berlin so far. And before we ran out of small talk, Dave gestured that he's ready to start so I began asking Erynn my prepared interview questions.

Erynn's band was starting to get some buzz and she was excited to talk about their upcoming album. As we talked, I found myself getting lost in her words. She was articulate and passionate, and her answers revealed a depth and vulnerability that surprised me. I felt a spark of connection between us, and I couldn't help but think that there was something special about her.

The interview ended all too quickly but as she was about to leave, she asked if I wanted to stick around and catch her band's set. Being a genuine fan of the band, I jumped at the chance and eagerly said yes, which made her smile.

"So I'll see you later then?" She asked right before going out the tent.

"Yes, I'll be there." I replied back, running my hands through my hair and giving her a shy smile.

"Ok cool, I'll tell Caoimhe to go in." Erynn said while slowly walking backwards. She gave me another smile before disappearing into the other tent.

I sat down on my seat while waiting for Caoimhe, then it sunk in.

I just met the Erynn Wiggins and I think I like her. Fuck.

Author's Note: Palo is a Goldfish in this story 😝. The Two Patricks won't be confusing anymore since I won't ever mention Patrick the Co-worker after this lol. Anyways, how was it? What did you think about their first meeting? I might do this first meeting in Erynn's POV as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 95.3K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
25.1K 1.1K 15
Charlotte is a normal high-school girl. Her life is almost perfect, but due to a sudden accident, she forgets one year from her life. One day, when s...
29K 1.1K 18
what happens when Engfa, a crime agent crosses path with the person that will turn her whole life upside down and change the way of their thinking. C...
296K 10.9K 73
"Love is never complete without trust." Which this story is about a blind man that loses his hope, his trust and his faith from a experienced and a g...