The Mushroom Effect - ZhanYi

By xiaoxinger

In the past, there was no marriage certificate between them. Xiao Zhan only had a secret crush on Wang Yibo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 4

407 62 14
By xiaoxinger

"Okay, Captain Xiao, here's your Electronic Flight Bag"

"Thank you." Xiao Zhan took the electronic flight bag and walked towards the rest area. As soon as he entered, he heard a loud voice saying, "Xiao laoshi." He looked up and saw the trainee pilot, Song Li, waving at him.

"Not bad, you're here early today" Xiao Zhan teased as he walked to the table and sat down. Song Li quickly picked up his own belongings and went over. He patted Xiao Zhan's shoulder and said, "Come on, Xiao laoshi, don't be so calculative. I was just late once. Besides, I had a real problem at that time. It wasn't just oversleeping."

"Watch your words, don't disgust me" Xiao Zhan slapped his hand away. "Keep your claws off."

Song Li recoiled in pain, holding his hand and said, "Xiao laoshi, you're so ruthless. This is a pilot's hand, it's precious."

"If you put as much effort into flying as you do in nonsense, I think you would have already become an instructor" Xiao Zhan shook his head speechlessly and showed Song Li an enlarged segment of the flight route. "Tell me, how would you handle this situation?"

"Apply for a higher altitude to avoid the cloud layer, and the clouds will disperse when returning" Song Li answered confidently, then pursed his lips and said, "I have good grades, you know. Other instructors are delighted when they get assigned to me. It's only you who treats me like an idiot."

Xiao Zhan glanced at him, smiled, and returned his attention to the tablet. "If your grades weren't good, would the company assign you to me?"

"Well, I know that you used to fly fighter jets and that you're the most outstanding pilot in the company. It's my great fortune to be able to learn from you" Song Li said before receiving a slap from Xiao Zhan. Rubbing his shoulder, he laughed, "I didn't say anything wrong. It's the truth."

"Forget it, stop flattering me" Xiao Zhan marked the flight route on the tablet and asked Song Li, "Hey, kid, I have something I want to ask you."

Song Li was surprised and excited, "Laoshi, you're being too polite. How can I help you? My life is already fulfilled if you have a question for me."

"Can you speak a little quieter?" Xiao Zhan clicked his tongue.

Song Li closed his mouth tightly and nodded, indicating "Okay."

Xiao Zhan averted his gaze and looked at the tablet, feeling a bit uncomfortable. "Well, I wanted to ask what kind of things boys your age like, something meaningful... something that would make them really happy if they received it as a gift."

"A gift?" Song Li's quick-mindedness kicked in, and after thinking for a couple of seconds, he understood. He leaned closer and whispered, "Is it for laoshi's wife?"

Xiao Zhan almost dropped his pen and clicked his tongue. "Don't talk nonsense. Who said it is laoshi's wife?"

Song Li blinked and said, "If he's not your wife, then what should I call him? Aren't you buying the gift for him? OMG, Laoshi, you can't do that. You are married and your wife is really nice."

"I thank you, but I don't need you to evaluate whether my wife is good or not." Xiao Zhan rolled his eyes and sighed a moment later. Seeing him frowning, Song Li said, "Don't use that term loosely. Yibo would get upset. He's an Omega, but he's very ambitious and doesn't like such labels."

"What does being ambitious have to do with it? Don't you call him your wife?" Song Li was a bit confused but didn't want to ask further. He nodded and said, "I understand. Okay, then, are you planning to give Yibo ge a gift? If I may ask, why?"

"Yes," Xiao Zhan rubbed the pen in his hand and whispered, "It's his birthday."

"Birthday..." Song Li rested his chin on his hand and thought for a moment. Then he snapped his fingers and said, "Well, you should consider his interests. Does Yibo ge have any hobbies?"

"He likes playing games and building with LEGO" Xiao Zhan replied. "I often buy LEGO models for him. But I think they are just toys and lack meaning. Besides, I've given him so many already, it wouldn't be a surprise."

"Yeah, there's no need to give that kind of thing on his birthday" Song Li pondered for a while and then said, "How about a watch? They say 'Give women handbags, and give men watches'. It's a safe choice. We all wear watches at work, and if Yibo ge wears the gift you give him every day, it would be meaningful."

A watch? Xiao Zhan looked at the watch on his wrist. It was a gift from his father for his birthday two years ago. It wasn't a top-tier brand, costing only a few tens of thousands of yuan. He was accustomed to the military style, thinking that functional items only needed to serve their purpose, and as long as they weren't broken, there was no need to replace them. Wang Yibo seemed to be the same, as he hadn't changed the watch he wore since their marriage.

In that case, it wouldn't matter if he wore a different watch. Wang Yibo wouldn't notice his different intentions. Xiao Zhan had to admit that Song Li's suggestion was quite tempting. Having Wang Yibo wear the gift he gave every day would be like another form of marking.

"Then, which brand should I choose?" Xiao Zhan maintained a calm demeanour and looked at Song Li, asking, "I'm not very knowledgeable about this. Do you have any recommendations?"

"You've asked the right person. When is Yibo ge's birthday? What's your budget?" Song Li smiled and took out his phone, opening his photo album.

"It's this Saturday" Xiao Zhan said. "As for the budget, it doesn't matter. Just don't go overboard."

"Doesn't matter? Laoshi, you're indeed a rich man. I, from a humble background, can't even imagine what 'doesn't matter' means." Song Li chuckled as he scrolled through his phone. Xiao Zhan also smiled. After performing a final check, he put away his tablet and pen and said, "Alright, I can recognize a Patek Philippe even if I don't understand much about it, can't I?"

"Wow, not bad, Xiao laoshi. You have such a discerning eye." Song Li raised an eyebrow. Xiao Zhan zipped up his bag and said, "Even if I can't recognize the watch, we stayed at your father's hotel just half a month ago."

"Oh, I remember now. I'll give you a lifetime free super VIP card tomorrow. You're welcome" Song Li jokingly said, making a heart gesture with his hand.

Xiao Zhan was used to his various jokes and didn't bother responding. He picked up his bag and said, "Let's go, let's have lunch. Yibo and the others should be having lunch too. Remember, don't talk nonsense later. I didn't say I'm going to give him a gift."

"Understood understood. It's all about surprises. You can trust me with the task," Song Li looked at his phone and Xiao Zhan, waiting for the elevator. He asked discreetly, "Xiao Laoshi, is a budget of around 200,000 yuan okay?"

"That's fine. Let me see." Xiao Zhan extended his hand, surprising Song Li with his straightforwardness. Song Li handed him the phone, and Xiao Zhan enlarged the picture to look at it. He asked, "Can this series be bought at the official store? I heard that some watches are not available for purchase or have a long waiting list."

"This one doesn't require allocation, it should be available at the official store. The entire series should be there," Song Li assured.

"Yibo prefers something more low-key. This one looks good. Take a look," Xiao Zhan handed the phone back to Song Li as the elevator arrived.

"Not bad, this model isn't extremely popular, so it's not easily seen around. It's great," Song Li raised his head, watching the elevator doors close and suddenly burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?" Xiao Zhan asked.

He shook his head and said, "It's nothing. I just feel... " He chuckled again and said, "Xiao Laoshi, have you always been so generous?"

"Generous?" Xiao Zhan didn't react at first but then laughed and said, "What's so generous about it? Yibo and I are married. We're not dating anymore. My money is his money."

"That's not necessarily true," Song Li disagreed with his viewpoint. "It's 2023, not the past. Just because you're married doesn't mean you're guaranteed to spend a lifetime together." He paused for a moment and added, "Sorry, Xiao Laoshi, I don't mean that you and Yibo ge will..."

"I know," Xiao Zhan wasn't offended and laughed, teasing him. "I didn't realize it, Xiaosong. You're young, but you understand things quite well."

"I've seen and heard a lot since I was young, there's nothing I do not understand"

Song Li was born with a silver spoon, and the world of the wealthy had its fair share of dirty things. Xiao Zhan could imagine what he had seen and heard.

As he looked at his reflection in the elevator doors, he thought of his wedding with Wang Yibo a year ago, where they had a lively celebration with many guests. His parents, Wang Yibo's mother, and maybe even their instructor in heaven were all smiling happily.

The world believed they were a perfect couple, but it was all just a deception.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 8K 31
An omega after his marriage was left alone in the room and to his worst, he found himself in hands of traffickers who sold him to a cold businessman...
331K 22.3K 108
"You have to marry him!" "Why do I have to?" Xiao Zhan asked back. "Because I want you to marry him." Madam Yu replied. ''''''''''''''''''''' Xiao Zh...
120K 6K 39
NOTE: EVERYTHING IN THIS STORY IS PURELY PRODUCT OF MY IMAGINATION. ❗It's Mpreg ❗
379K 24.9K 50
"Find me an omega and the alliance is yours", the cold words of the Alpha of the Lan pack should have been enough of a warning for Xiao Zhan. Yet, he...