Ever After

By kelly_1231

Having a famous rockstar as your childhood best friend isn't all that great. Carson should know since hers ju... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
The Lyrics
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven (Part One)
Chapter Forty-Seven (Part Two)
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Five

42.5K 1.1K 238
By kelly_1231

TWELVE CHAPTERS LEFT! :O

___________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Five

VINCENT'S POV:

"Goddammit, Carson. Answer your phone," I hissed under my breathe as I redialed her cell phone again. And as the habit it had been all morning, Carson's phone sent me straight to voice-mail. Again.

          I let out a heavy sigh. 

          "Hey, it's me again," I said in a tired voice. "I know you hate me and all, I would too if I was your position but, um... look, can you just call me back? We really need to talk. I mean, I could talk to you now but... wait...you know what? I-I just really feel stupid talking to absolutely nothing right now. And again, I'm sorry. Carson, I--"

          There was a beep and that's when I knew my message was over.

          God really hated me right now, didn't he?

          With another heavy sigh, I turned around to see Jeremy shaking his head in disappointment. 

          "What?" I snapped. "It wasn't like I intended our world tour to start on the day of Carson's birthday."

          Jeremy snorted. "But you sure as hell aren't doing anything to change that, are you?" He challenged. He then let out another snort. "One hell of a boyfriend you are..."

          "What did you say?" I put my phone back into my pockets and walked over to Jeremy and pushed him against the wall of the studio we were in. In a couple of minutes Ever After was about to go on national television for some breakfast show to announce the start of our world tour but already, every single thing was getting on my nerves. I felt like a volcano ready to explode.

          Jeremy rolled his eyes as he held his hands up in defence. "Calm down, Vincent--"

          "Calm down?!" I nearly shouted. "I feel like I'm going nuts right now! I haven't slept through out  our entire flight and just knowing that the girl I'm crazy about is probably poking a voodoo doll of me with a needle right now is making me go mad. I don't even know if I'm ready to go out in front of those cameras because you know what? If I don't punch you out right now, I'm sure as hell going to flip over the first table I see out on the set!"

          Matt sighed as he patted me from behind the back and pressed something against my chest. "Have Snicker bar," he said, biting onto his own chocolate bar. "It'll make you feel better."

          "This isn't funny!" I shouted as I grabbed the chocolate bar and threw it against the wall. 

          "Oh my god!" Erik moaned in frustration as he walked towards us wearing a simple button down shirt. "Is Vincent having another diva tantrum again? God, I thought we were over this habit from two months ago--"

          "He is," Jeremy and Matt insisted.

          I started pulling on my hair but didn't say anything else.

          "Is this all about Carson?" Erik asked, fixing his collar in front of the full length mirror.

          "What do you think?" I snapped.

          "Wait, what's even going on? I'm not up to date with your relationship status with her," Erik said, still admiring his reflection in the mirror. God, this guy was so vain.

          Jeremy snorted as he ran his hand through his jet-black hair. "Our world tour starts on the night of Carson's debut," he stated. "And her oh-so amazing boyfriend isn't doing anything about it."

          "So why don't you?" I challenged. "If you think I'm such a terrible boyfriend then maybe you should take my place or something like that--"

          Jeremy nearly gagged. "Carson's like my sister," he insisted. "And I'm not the one calling the shots here-- it's you. If you want to change the date of the tour, you can-- you're the diva anyway."

          "But I can't! That's the thing!" I nearly shouted. "I've already talked to Maggie and changing the date is out of the question. We've already screwed up the whole schedule of our world tour by finishing our senior year that we can't afford to change another date--"

          Jeremy chuckled. "Whatever."

          Erik laughed as he turned to face my direction. "Hey, look," he said, holding up his hands. "I love Carson to death but as a member of your band, I'll go with whatever decision you make. If you want to start the world tour on June 7th, I'll still be playing the drums for the concert--"

          Matt shrugged. "I really don't care," he said. "There's going to be food in both places anyway..."

          Jeremy's eyes widened. "So you think the band is more important then Carson? The girl who helped us get where we are today. Are you fucking serious--"

          "You guys are on in a minute," a man said wearing all black said as he gestured for us to follow him. "Come on."

          All four us exchanged glances to one another and we all nodded. However, just as i was about to leave the room, Jeremy put his hand my shoulder and chuckled. "Don't act like a diva today, alright? Or else it'll ruin your entire plan with Carson and this whole two months will be a complete waste."

          I rolled my eyes.

          It probably was a complete waste already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here was the thing that I didn't like about the majority of the interviews I had to:

          The interviewer or interviewers are always up in your business, that getting to the whole point of why you were on their freaking show in the first place becomes irrelevant. Was it like this for every interview Ever After had to do? Eighty-five percent of the time, yes. 

          Maybe that's why I was so notorious for acting like "diva" during interviews.

          Right now, as Erik and Jeremy continued to answer all the questions the two interviewers, one male and one female, were asking about the world tour, I was just trying my best to suppress all my sarcastic remarks. And it was difficult considering the fact that I was just so use to saying whatever the hell i wanted on national television. However, just like Jeremy had said, I didn't go through this two months of "getting my shit together" for my "public image" with the help of Carson for nothing. I had to prove to everybody, and by everybody I meant the entire freaking world, that I did indeed changed. That task would have been easier for me to do if it weren't for the fact that my mind was on a certain girl back home in Toronto...

          "Vincent,"  the brunette interviewer asked as she shot me a grin. "Are you still with us?"

          The audience laughed a little and I forced out a laugh with a fake smile. "Sorry, my mind was somewhere else for a moment," I said, sitting up straighter. "What was the question again?"

          The female grinned and I could tell that she had one too many botox injections.

          Ah, Hollywood's standard of beauty never failed to amuse me.

          "I why just asking you about your girlfriend, Anna Lovette," she said, still giving me that creepy smile of hers. 

          I smiled as I gave her a small shrug. "What about her?" I asked in a nice but caution tone.

          This is what i was talking about:

          Ever After came to talk about their world tour and they just go in talking about our love lives.

          Just peachy.

          "Well, I read somewhere that you grew up with each other and I, and probably the entire world as well, just think it's so adorable that you fell in love with a childhood best friend. Do you think Anna has helped you stay grounded during your last few months as a senior in high school?" The interviewer asked, curiously.

          I snorted. "Yeah, she definitely has," I replied, laughing. "People with cocky personalities never sat well with her." The interviewers and the audience laughed.

          "So would you say you had an attitude problem before re-entering high school?" She asked.

          "An attitude problem is understatement," I stated with a snort.

          The interviewer laughed. "Now, I know the majority of your fans are just heartbroken over the fact that you've found another girlfriend but it seems as though they mind either. I mean, Anna Lovette seems like such a sweet and courteous young lady that it seems pretty hard to hate on a girl like her. When you two were in New York City, everybody simply adored her.... but I guess my question is to you, Vincent, do you think this relationship you have her is the real deal?" The interviewer raised her eyebrows at me. "In pictures, you do seem pretty happy compared to pictures of you from three months ago."

          Great.

          The hot seat.

          The interviewer might as well just asked, "Do you think you'll marry her?"

          I smiled. "It's the real deal," I answered. "But you know, we're not taking anything seriously at the moment and we're just... happy. We're just kind of living in the moment."

          "How would you describe your girlfriend?" She asked.

          "I would describe Anna?" I echoed. I chuckled. "I could ramble about that for days."

          "Well, fit into a one minute span for us," the other interviewer said.

          I heaved out a heavy sigh as I tried out to come up with the right words to say. I looked out to the audience and realized that they too were waiting for an answer.

          Gosh.

          How do I even describe Carson?

          She's great.

          Smart.

          Pretty.

          Talented.

          Humble.

          The amount of words that I can describe Carson could go on for days and even then, if Carson was watching the breakfast show at the moment (which I highly doubt she was) I still didn't think she would be moved by my words.

          The best thing I could do was keep my description of my "girlfriend" short and sweet and avoid any cliches that might get people thinking twice about our "relationship."

          "Anna... is an amazing girl," I replied in a soft tone. "She's been my best friend since first grade and at the end of the day, she still is..."

          Or at least that's what I hoped she still was...

~~~~~~~~

Oh, where do I begin?

Apologizes have never been my thing.

 But oh, just tell me the right words to say

To make the hurt and sadness go away

And i promise to make it up to you

Someway, somehow

But for now, let's just start anew.

          "That's the first ballad you've written in a year," Jeremy said leaning against the door of my room in Erik's condo in Los Angeles. "What's it called?"

          I shrugged. "Start Anew," I replied.

          "Nice ring to it."

          "Er, thanks?"

          Jeremy smirked. "What?" He asked. "Are you going to sing that to Carson?"

          I snorted. "I don't know," I replied. "And I don't even know if this will make it onto our third album."

          "Oh, I think it will," Jeremy insisted.

          "And how could you be so sure?"

          "Because teenage girls love ballads." Jeremy stated.

          I laughed out loud as I sat up from my bed and put my arms above my head. "Carson probably hates my guts right now," I said.

          Jeremy looked at me with his blue eyes and chuckled again. "Look," he said. "You're making the situation more complicated then it really is. All you have to do is decide which is more important: your band's world tour or you childhood bestfriend's eighteenth birthday-- which in her culture is a serious thing. All you have to do is choose."

          "You make it sound so easy."

          "Because it is," Jeremy said with a shrug. "Unlike you, I actually have my priorities straight."

          I narrowed my eyes at my friend. "On the night of June 7th... where are you going to be?" I asked, curiously.

          Jeremy smiled. "The place where you should be too," he said. And with that, he turned around and closed the door behind him.

_______________________________________

[A/N]: Who misses Jane? O_o

Lol, I know you guys don't like her and all but she's going to be making A LOT more appearances now that Vincent and Carson are sort of separated at the moment. And next chapter, we'll see her again.

Anyway...

I'm really excited for the last few chapters of the story *squeals* and I can't wait for you guys to read it. Lol, I know you guys are going to love the ending :)

Hehehe, so I know a lot of people have been questioning Ethan's relevance to the story but be patient... I know where I'm going with his character. And you guys will learn about his whole purpose of being in this story in the first place towards the end of the story during this one certain scene with Carson. Haha, it'll be intense!

So yeah....

I'm actually kind of getting emotional that this story's ending in twelve chapters. But hey, every story needs an ending :)

Vote/Comment/Fan? 

- kelly_1231

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 251 37
Music is a part of life, a part of who we are. You can go anywhere in the world and music will follow you. You can't escape it. Whenever you hear a s...
310 70 48
It's been the best year of her life so far! Millie has everything she ever wanted! Her fashion career is soaring, she's bagged herself pop-rock heart...
2.4M 97.7K 40
[COMPLETE] A story of a girl who had a massive crush on a heartthrob high school rock band leader Kyle Hogan. Her life turn upside down when she rec...
2M 99.9K 44
Scarlett and Nate are the epitome of "right person, wrong time", and two years after their one night together, Scarlett sees him interviewing for his...