πΏπ‘œπ‘£π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘…π‘’π‘π‘˜π‘™π‘’π‘ π‘ ...

By itsthatonewriter

Davina Fright has spent her whole life trying to make ends meet for her and her little brother. Her world has... More

Aesthetics
#pilot
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
*10*
#11
#12
#13
#14
*15*
#16
#17
#18
#19
*20*
#21
#22
#23
#24
*25*
#26
#27
#28
#29
*30*
#31
#32
#33
#34
*35*
#36
#37
#38
*40*
#41
#42
#43
#44
*45*
#46
#47
#48
#49
*50*
#51
#52
#53
#54
*55*
*56*
#57
#58
#59
*60*
#61
#62
#63
#64
*65*
NEW BOOK!
#66
#67
#68

#39

4.2K 157 45
By itsthatonewriter

-D.F

I toss over on Emilio's bed. The rain is evident by the sounds echoing through the room and the blanket itself was not enough to keep me warm. I open my eyes inside the dark room just to barely make out Emilio. He's staring at the ceiling with the blanket we were sharing at his waist. I can barely make out his face but he seems distressed. Why is he up?

"Hey," I say groggily, I place my hand on his arm at the same time which seems to scare him as he flinches and inhales sharply.

I rest on my elbow with a concerned look. His chest rises vastly for two seconds before his breath is studied. He looks and me and closes his eyes for two seconds as if he's composing himself.

"Are you ok?" I ask sliding my thumb against his biceps. He nods and looks up at the ceiling once again. I don't take my hand away and continue to look at him despite his nodding.

"Why are you up?" He side-glances me while asking. I try my best not to shrug when responding.

"It's quite cold in here" I lay back down on his pine-scented pillow and pull the blanket so that it is covering my neck down. Still, I keep on hand on his arm.

"It doesn't feel too cold" he comments and finally turns his body towards me, my hand slips off of his arm. Somehow, I can't help but smile now that his attention is fully on me.

"I'm freezing," I say again and chatter my teeth just to add to my point. He chuckles and places his warm hand on my wrist closest to his body. The blanket I tucked under my neck covered him trailing that same hand up to my shoulder.

"You have goosebumps," Emilio says rubbing my shoulder down to my elbow to create some form of friction. Only this just causes more shivers to hit me.

Something about being in Emilio's presence did something to my body. Physical reactions were bound to happen one way or another, what happened tonight proving exactly the point.

I don't think I've ever felt so taken over by lust, and we were fully clothed. Just one look at Emilio and I was through the roof. It was completely through impulse, everything about Emilio was impulsive. Reckless even.

For the first time in a long time, I had done what I wanted without caring about the consequences.

"I told you it's cold" I hug my body to keep in my body heat but still, I'm cold. "Do you have heat or something?" I complain just to lighten the mood.

"I like this temperature" he scoffs at my turtle-like position and scoots in closer toward me. "I'll keep you warm" he's laughing which makes me feel embarrassed for the time being. It doesn't last long until his hands are on me and all I feel all flustered. He pulls me into him rubbing different parts of my body in an attempt to create warm friction.

"Why are you up?" I ask into his chest. His hands stop moving and simply lay there lifelessly on my body. I raise my head from his chest to look at him. His face mirrors his hands as all emotion is stripped.

"Sleeping troubles." He makes it clear that he doesn't wish to continue on with the conversation from his tone. Not wanting to be pushy I nod and cuddle into him again, wishing I stayed silent.

I don't fall asleep immediately because of the thoughts running in my mind. It seems crazy that I would overthink two words and make it seem like the biggest tragedy there is. But your mind can do crazy things. And somehow mine always liked to look at the negative.

It takes a while before he sinks into the bed completely, leaving his hands to become heavy over me. When his breath becomes loud I peek my head up slowly.

He's sleeping.

Being so close to his face helped me make out his features. He looked truly at peace while sleeping. His soft pink lips; which were once against mine this evening; were parted. His nose twitches before he repositions himself. I can't help but let out a small sound when he moves deep into my neck.

Suddenly, I'm no longer cold.

My body temperature starts to match his and with all the weight from his arms on my body and head in my neck I sink deeper in the bed letting my eyes close and darkness consume me.

I roll over and hold my arm out to grab something. But my arm falls further than expected and lands on a soft cold surface. Just then does the light shining through my eyelids seem brighter.

I groan when a stretch is pulled through my body. It takes me longer than expected to adjust to the bright light and fully awake.

When I open my eyes I see a space beside me on the bed. I look around the room confused but get distracted by the view outside of Emilio's bedroom window. The city in broad daylight from above was truly beautiful.

My feet curl when they hit the cold wooden floor. I scrunch my face realizing the whole floor was going to be cold, immediately after that thought I look around the room for any form of slippers.

"Where are fuzzy socks when you need them" I whine and stomach walking through Emilio's room to the hallway. "Why is it so cold?"

It's so quiet that I could hear a pin drop. A quiet house was unusual to me, it felt lonely, abandoned even.

I rub my arms as I go down the stairs in search of my socks from the day before. I head to the bathroom on the first floor of the penthouse. I freeze when my things are nowhere in sight.

"What?" I say searching the bathroom from top to bottom. "You've got to be kidding me" I mumble heading to the living room. Pausing, I stare at the large vacant space. "Emilio?" I call out.

Nothing.

The silence is weary. All of a sudden I finally get what Emilio was saying. It felt lonely being in such a large space with nobody else. I couldn't imagine coming home to silence every night.

I cross my arms when a breeze brushes past me. My head follows the direction of the breeze landing on the open balcony door.

"Why is the door open?" I find myself asking the silence. I strut towards the door to close it but pause when I realize how much of the city you can see. The balcony is so big that I think it goes around the building. My eyes travel inside again in search of something to cover myself from the wind. When I see a black zip-up on the leather couch I run and grab it.

"Shit," I call out when my feet hit the cement floor of the balcony. The moment I spot a couch I jump onto it. I sigh and tuck my feet under my butt to keep them warm.

In the middle of the couch I was on and another there was a fire pit. A few feet away there was a barbecue, the types of barbecues that have room to make five different types of food.

With the elastic in my hand, I try my best to put my hair in a ponytail. Because of the small growth, I was able to successfully keep every strand of hair inside the band.

"Davina!" My head turns in the direction of the door when I hear my name being called by a young voice.

Wait a minute.

"Vee!" I stand up without care for the cold and walk with speed inside.

"Spear?" I question seeing his body halfway up the stairs. He stops when he sees me enter and then runs down towards me holding out a paper bag. He's dressed in dark blue jeans and a white tee shirt which starts to stress me because of how cold it is. My head raises to give Emilio an ear full but when he's holding a little jacket in one hand I sigh.

"We got you something," Spear shakes the bag up at me for me to take, which I do not a second later. I open it to see pastries that have the smell of heaven piled up inside. "Emilio has your cappuccino," Spear butchers the word.

"He what?" I look at Emilio who holds out a cup of coffee. I raise my brows in shock. "How'd you know I like cappuccinos?" I look down at Spear and hum.

"Spear told me, although It took me a while to understand what he was saying," I grab the hot drink and place it in my palm enjoying the warmth of it.

Emilios other hand had a bag in between his fingers and Spear's jacket clutched in his palm.

"Spear," Emilio calls and holds out both things for Spear to grab. Spear turns around with a smile and grabs the little bag. His eyes widen with joy as he opens it and pulls out a donut.

"Look what Emilio got me" Spear holds up his chocolate-covered donut with a grin. He shakes it in the air a few times before digging his teeth into it.

"Wow," I comment and look at Emilio. He's smiling down at Spear who's munching away. He seems entertained at Spear's excitement.

"You went to pick him up?" I take a long sip of the drink Emilio got me while I wait for a reply.

"Thought you could use a day to sleep in" he shrugs off his leather jacket while doing so. A toothy grin turns up on my face when I see the plain white tee he's wearing and dark black jeans.

"You put him in a matching outfit?" I chuckle and look back and forth between the boys in front of me.

"I look like Emilio now" Spear's voice comes off muffled from all the food stuffed inside his mouth. He then walks towards the couch and puts his jacket down.

"I like it," I tease.

"Nice jacket" I stop giggling when Emilio scans me. It just hits me that I'm wearing all of Emilio's clothes right now.

I narrow my eyes which he does back to me.

"Why did you leave the door open to the outside, it's freezing in here" I change the topic and turn around to the wide-open balcony door. "I woke up and nearly died from hyperthermia you know." Ok, maybe I am overreacting.

"Hyperthermia? Where are we Antarctica?" Emilio sits down on the couch and helps Spear on so that he sits beside him. I stalk in front of them and place everything in my hand down on the coffee table.

"Where are my clothes by the way?" I ask Emilio and zip up the jacket around me.

"Oh, I brought them to my dry cleaners, they should be done by noon" he shrugs his watch down his wrist more before reading it.

"Why did you do that, they were not dirty?" Am I complaining too much?

"Well you were rained on and they were all wrinkled this morning from drying in a pile last night." Emilio reached to his side and picks up a remote. I move out of his way once I see him glancing at something behind me.

"Thank you," I say grabbing the cappuccino and pastries, he turns on the TV and then sends me a sly grin for a few seconds while I'm mid-sip. "So where is my purse?" 

Emilio leans forward and opens the lid of the coffee table. My mouth drops open in shock when I see my purse perfectly safe inside. He lifts it up and closes the lid. I rush towards the bag with a breath of relief.

Spear sits entranced by whatever show Emilio put on a few feet from Emilio. I grab my purse and sit in the space between them.

Unintentionally Emilio's arm hovers over my shoulder as it rests on the couch. I lean back and dig into my purse for my phone praying that it still had some battery.

"Yes," I whisper when it turns on to reveal the many missed calls and text messages from Dalia. "Crap" I now mutter.

"What happened?" Emilio asks me.

"Dalia spammed my phone," I say reading every message sent.

-Hey, the roads cleared up. Where are you?

-Davina? Spear is asking about you.

-Emilio came over to grab Spear, care to explain?

-Davina!!!

"She was worried about you, can't blame her," Emilio says as I scroll down the list of replies. Before forgetting I send her a reassuring text updating her on the situation. She doesn't take more than a minute to text back.

"An unknown number spammed my phone as well," I look at my miss calls confused, what I thought was going to be all Dalia was a mixture of her and an unknown caller.

"Scam?" Emilio asks leaning closer to look at my phone. I hold it closer to his face so he's able to see how many times they called. His face contorts into confusion but I decide to brush it off with a laugh.

"Probably," right when I decide to turn off my phone it rings. "Unknown caller," I hold it up again.

"Answer," he suggests watching me and the phone closely.

"Hello," I answer.

"Princess?" I feel my heart fall into the pit of my stomach. It's hard to control my face but I try my best not to show how I'm feeling. Emilio is studying my expression like his life depends on it, furthering my need to keep it still.

There was only one person who called me Princess, one angry, self-loathing person. I didn't even need the nickname to know whose voice it was that rang through my ear. Though I hadn't heard it in ages, I knew.

I hang up without replying and turn the ringer off.

"You were right. It was just a scam," I chuckle and tuck myself deep into the side of Emilio's body. When he turns to look at the TV again my face drops the smile.

"Figured. What did they want?"

"I hung up before he could say.." Emilio hums in response. His arm drops around my shoulders from the couch which comforts me slightly, but still, I'm flipping out.

How did he get my number?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.2K 1.4K 23
COMPLETE Selfless Erica helps out a friend one night and end up in a shootout, she is then faced with a decision to help the guys who almost got her...
11.9M 343K 76
** Currently in the progress of being rewritten :)** - Angel Romano was known for his ruthless ways. They said he was a supposed duplicate of his fat...
1M 29.9K 44
Book 1 of the Moretti Chronicles PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Girl Who Walked Into A Bar" β€’1st place General Fiction in Star Dazzle Awards β€’Best Plot Tw...