Hurt | Remus Lupin

By soft_multi_fandom

Sara Finnigan, the older sister of Seamus, is in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts. As she and her two b... More

~1~ A New Professor
~2~ Care of Magical Creatures
~3~ Sara's Boggart
~4~ Tea with Lupin
~5~ Hogsmeade
~6~ Sleepover in the Great Hall
~7~ The First Quidditch Match
~8~ Crippled Finnigan
~9~ Necklace from a Secret Admirer
~11~ The Quidditch Cup
~12~ Sara and Remus
~13~ Sara's Discovery
~14~ The Werewolf
~15~ Remus Departs
~16~ The Burrow
~17~ Table Crashers
~18~ Quidditch Campsite
~19~ IRELAND WINS
~20~ Death Eater Attack
~21~ Auror Training
~22~ The First Task
~23~ Date with Charlie
~24~ Yule Ball
~25~ The Second Task
~26~ Sara the Matchmaker
~27~ Cedric's Death
~28~ Aftermath
~29~ The Fight
~30~ Angry Reunion
~31~ Lies
~32~ Shitty Spy
~33~ Advance Gaurd
~34~ Harry's Arrival
~35~ Questions
~36~ Clean up
~37~ The Hearing
~38~ Prefect Party
~39~ The Apology
~40~ Kings Cross
~41~ What are we?
~42~ Run in with Percy
~43~ Birthday Party
~44~ Dumledore's Army
~45~ A Night to Remember
~46~ Snake Attack
~47~ Christmas at St. Mungo's
~48~ Cured!
~49~ Valentine's Day
~50~ Dumbledore's Departure
~51~ Harry in the fireplace
~52~ Fred and George's Escape from Hogwarts
~53~ Hagrid and McGonagall's Attack
~54~ Battle At The Minsitry
~55~ After the Battle
~56~ The Dusley's
~57~ The Finnigan's
~58~ Family Dinner
~59~ The Twins shop
~60~ Moving In
~61~ Anger
~62~ Full Moon
~63~ Harry's Suspicions
~64~ Christmas Eve
~65~ Percy's Big Fat Stupid Face
~66~ New Years
~67~ Ron's Birthday Surprise
~68~ Return
~69~ Dumbledore's Death
~70~ Shouting Match In The Hall
~71~ Proposal
~72~ Sara and Remus' Wedding Day
~73~ Rescuing Harry
~74~ Battle of the Harry's
~75~ Unexpected Death
~76~ Bill and Fleur's Chaotic Wedding

~10~ Gryffindor's Win

1.4K 37 0
By soft_multi_fandom

At the next Quidditch match, Ravenclaw played Slytherin a week after the start of term. Slytherin won, though narrowly. Ollie said this was good for us, and started increasing the number of team practices to five a week.

"Please come with me to McGonagall! To try and convince her to let harry use his Firebolt." Ollie pleaded.

"No way! You're acting selfish Ollie!" I said angrily. "What if the firebolt tries to throw Harry off or something. To finish him off?"

"Oh Please."

"Fine. But only so that I can see McGonagall yell at you."

And I was right. She yelled at him. I was grinning behind Ollie the whole time. Ollie quickly fled McGonagall's office. She looked at me. "Did you convince him to not ask me?" she asked.

"I did but he insisted. Then I decided I wanted to see you rip him to shreds."

McGonagall sighed. "Honestly, sometimes I wonder if you should've been in Slytherin instead."

I gasped. "No Professor! Take that back! The Hat told me I could be in Ravenclaw!"

She shrugged and I left. Ollie and I went to find Harry to deliver the bad news. 

But with our match against Ravenclaw coming nearer, and Harry still not having a broom, I was starting to see where Ollie was coming from because I was getting stressed. We were training harder than ever, but Harry's school broom is incredibly slow. 

"Use my broom!" I told him. "I'll use the school's broom. I don't need to be as fast as you, as long as Angelina and Alicia are good." 

"No!" Harry insisted. "Please, I'll be fine. I'll figure it out."

Just a few days before the match, McGonagall came into the Common Room. She walked over to Ron and Hermione and spoke to them. They shook their heads and she came to us. "Have any of you seen Mr. Potter?"

"No Ma'am." I said. "I haven't seen him since lunch."

She left the Common Room. Only a few minutes later, Harry came back into the common room with Ron and was holding his firebolt. People started crowding around him.

I ran over, leaving Percy and Ollie behind. "Wow! You got it back?"

He nodded. "Do you want a go on it sometime?"

"Oh I'd love to." I gushed.

After a long while, everyone went back to their things. I sat back down to sit with Ollie and Percy. Ollie was wiping tears that were seeping down his face. "I think we'll win this match, I really think so." he sobbed. 

I bit my lip and willed myself to not laugh. 

But suddenly, a strangled yell echoed down the boys' staircase. The whole common room fell silent, staring, petrified, at the entrance. Then came hurried footsteps, growing louder and louder -- and then Ron came leaping into view, dragging with him a bedsheet.

"LOOK!" he yelled, shaking the sheets in her face.

"Ron, what --?"

"SCABBERS! LOOK! SCABBERS!"

Hermione was leaning away from Ron, looking utterly bewildered. Harry looked down at the sheet Ron was holding. There was something red on it. Something that looked horribly like --

"BLOOD!" Ron yelled into the stunned silence. "HE'S GONE! AND YOUKNOWWHAT WAS ON THE FLOOR?"

I had no clue what Ron had shown Harry, but I could only assume what had killed Scabbers was Crookshanks.  

Ron and Hermione were so angry at each other, I was convinced they'd never be friends again. We all tried to comfort Ron, who was truly devastated that Scabbers was gone.

"Come on, Ron, you were always saying how boring Scabbers was," said Fred bracingly. "And he's been off-color for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him to snuff it quickly -- one swallow -- he probably didn't feel a thing."

"Fred!" said Ginny indignantly.

"All he did was eat and sleep, Ron, you said it yourself," said George.

"He bit Goyle for us once!" Ron said miserably. "Remember, Harry?"

"Yeah, that's true," said Harry.

"His finest hour," I said, trying not to smile. 

Fred was also biting his lip to keep from laughing. "Let the scar on Goyle's finger stand as a lasting tribute to his memory."

Percy was a bit disappointed, having been Scabbers owner before Ron started Hogwarts. "It's alright." he said. "He was much older than average rats anyway. I had expected him to die years ago."

At our next Quidditch practice, we all watched as Harry practiced using his Firebolt. He was incredibly quick, and his already amazing skill was even greater with the help of his new broom.

"I can't see what's going to stop us tomorrow!" said Ollie. "Not unless-- Harry, you've sorted out your dementor problem, haven't you?" 

"Yeah," said Harry

"The dementors won't turn up again, Oliver. Dumbledore'd go ballistic," said Fred confidently.

"Well, let's hope not," said Ollie. "Anyway -- good work, everyone. Let's get back to the tower... turn in early --"

"I'm staying out for a bit; Ron wants a go on the Firebolt," Harry. 

The rest of us headed back to the changing room and got out of our quidditch robes. I went to bed right away, snuggling into my warm bed, as I dreamed of Ollie and I being carried by our team, holding the silver cup.

The next morning, Ollie told Harry to put his firebolt on the Gryffindor table. People from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were coming over to look, even Diggory, who congratulated Harry. Then Penelope came over and asked to hold the broom.

"Now, now, Penny, no sabotage!" said Percy heartily as she examined the Firebolt closely. "Penelope and I have got a bet on," he told the team. "Ten Galleons on the outcome of the match!"

Penelope put the Firebolt down again, thanked Harry, and waved to me and Ollie. We weren't really friends, but we were very friendly. 

"Harry -- make sure you win," said Percy, in an urgent whisper. "I haven't got ten Galleons. Yes, I'm coming, Penny!" And-he bustled off to join her in a piece of toast.

I started laughing.

Soon, it was time to go to the pitch. After changing into our robes, we walked out into the pitch. I looked up into the stands. Percy threw me a thumbs up. Then I looked at the professors stands. Dumbledore had his wand out, no doubt ready in case Dementors decided to sabotage us again. Lupin caught my eye and smiled. I was pleased to see that he was wearing the scarf I had gifted him.

After Ollie and Davies shook hands, and Madam Hooch blew her whistle, we were off into the sky. During the commentary, Lee kept going on about the Firebolt and McGonagall had to shut him up.

"Sorry Professor, there goes Finnigan heading towards the goal-"

I scored.

"YEAH SARA!" Ollie cheered while the Gryffindor stands roared.

Harry was so close to catching the snitch, but one of the Beaters smacked his Bludger towards Harry, causing him to have to swerve out of the way. George hit a bludger back towards the Ravenclaw player.

"Gryffindor leads by eighty points to zero, and look at that Firebolt go! Potter's really putting it through its paces now, see it turn --Chang's Comet is just no match for it, the Firebolt's precision- balance is really noticeable in these long --"

"JORDAN! ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FIREBOLTS? GET ONWITH THECOMMENTARY!" McGonagall screamed. 

I started laughing, as I watched the quaffle with close eyes.

"HARRY, THIS IS NO TIME TO BE A GENTLEMAN!" Ollie yelled. "KNOCK HER OFF HER BROOM IF YOU HAVE TO!"

I rolled my eyes. Of course Harry got flustered by Cho. That boy had really bad timing for finding a girl cute.

"COME ON HARRY! GET ON THAT SNITCH!" I yelled.

Suddenly, I heard Harry scream "Expecto patronum!"

I gasped when I looked down and saw three Dementors and a silvery thing shot out at them from Harry's wand. The three dementors fell. I looked at Harry just as his hand closed around the Snitch.

As the Gryffindor stands roared, the entire team and I flew to Harry and tackled him in midair. The girls and I all kissed him on the cheek. We all flew back down to the round as Gryffindor's came down to the pitch. 

"Yes!" Ron yelled, yanking Harry's arm into the air. "Yes! Yes!"

"Well done, Harry!" said Percy, looking delighted. "Ten Galleons to me! Good job Sara and Oliver. Now, I must find Penelope, excuse me --"

"Good for you, Harry!" roared Seamus, before he came over and tackled me. "And well done Sara! That first quaffle you scored was fantastic!"

I ruffled his hair fondly. "Thanks Shay."

Before I knew it, Ollie had pushed through the crowd and lifted me in the air, before kissing my cheek. "WE DID IT SARA WE DID IT!"

I laughed, hugging him back. "We did it Ollie!"

I looked around at all the faces, congratulating us, and I spotted Lupin in the crowd, making his way over. "Well done Sara!" he said beaming. 

"Thanks! Hey, whatever happened to those dementors?"

"Oh well, they weren't actually. Come, I was just about to find Harry."

I followed Lupin through the crowd. When Harry saw us, his smile grew wider. 

"That was quite some Patronus," Lupin said.

"The dementors didn't affect me at all!" Harry said excitedly. "I didn't feel a thing!"

"That would be because they -- er -- weren't dementors," said Professor Lupin. "Come and see -"

Harry and I followed Lupin and there at the corner of the field, were Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle and Flint, laying on the ground wearing black cloaks. Standing over them, with an expression of the utmost fury on her face, was Professor McGonagall."

An unworthy trick!" she was shouting. "A low and cowardly attempt to sabotage the Gryffindor Seeker! Detention for all of you, and fifty points from Slytherin! I shall be speaking to Professor Dumbledore about this, make no mistake! Ah, here he comes now!"

I started roaring with laughter, as I watched the scene unfold. Harry and Ron, who had just joined us, were laughing too while Lupin had a small smile on his face.

"SERVES YOU RIGHT FLINT!" I said, through my fit of laughter.

Flint pointed the middle finger at me, and I kid you not, McGonagall then grabbed him by the ear and dragged him away.

""Come on, Harry and Sara!" said George, fighting his way over. "Party! Gryffindor common room, now!"

"Have fine." Lupin smiled at us.

The Gryffindors made our way to our Common Room. The party went on until late night. Fred and George left for a while before coming back with snacks and sweets. Ollie, Percy and I sat in a corner, eating food and drinking Butterbeer. Ollie and I were absolutely exhausted, and Percy was just keeping us company. Everyone was wanting to talk to Harry anyway.

"Glad you got ten galleons." I said to Percy, grinning.

He smiled. "Penny was not pleased."

Around one in the morning, McGonagall came in her nightgown and hair net, yelling at everyone to go to bed. 

I quickly went up to the girls dorm, and climbed into the bed. The other girls in my congratulated me, before we all went to sleep.

After not much of sleep, I heard a loud strangled boys yell.

I sat up straight and waited. After a few moments, footsteps were heard hurtling down the stairs. I quickly opened the door and followed, as other doors opened.

"Who yelled?"

"Is the party back on?"

I went to the Common Room to see all the third year boys standing there in their pajamas, with Ron looking terrified. He was shaking and looking around wildly.

"Are we carrying on?" asked Fred, coming downstairs.

"Everyone back upstairs!" said Percy, hurrying into the common room and pinning his Head Boy badge to his pajamas as he spoke.

"Perce -- Sirius Black!" said Ron faintly. "In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

Everyone went silent.

"Nonsense!" said Percy, looking startled. "You had too much to eat, Ron-- had a nightmare --"

"I'm telling you --"

"That's enough!" McGonagall said sharply, coming back into the common room. "I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!"

"I certainly didn't authorize this, Professor!" said Percy, puffing himself up indignantly. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare --"

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, ANDSIRIUSBLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!"

I walked over to him and pulled him into my arms. "Calm down Ron. We'll talk this through alright."

Ron tried fighting out of my arms, before relaxing against me.

"Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?" asked McGonagall.

"Ask him!" said Ron, pointing a shaking finger at the back of Sir Cadogan's picture. "Ask him if he saw --"

Glaring suspiciously at Ron, Professor McGonagall pushed the Portrait back open and went outside. The whole common room listened with bated breath. "Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?"

"Certainly, good lady!" cried Sir Cadogan.

"You -- you did?" said Professor McGonagall. "But -- but the password!"

"He had 'em!" said Sir Cadogan proudly. "Had the whole week's, my lady! Read 'em off a little piece of paper!" 

Professor McGonagall pulled herself back through the portrait hole to face the stunned crowd. She was white as chalk. "Which person," she said, her voice shaking, "which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?"

There was utter silence, broken by the smallest of terrified squeaks. Neville Longbottom, trembling from head to fluffy slippered toes, raised his hand slowly into the air. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1.4K 43
A story where the reader is 19(legal) and fall in love with her professor, read to see what happens next! I don't own any of the characters they all...
2.7M 101K 77
In which the 20 year old 'retired death eater' enlists the help of the order and finds that her old DADA professor trusts her when no one else will. ...
433 78 43
"I long to escape into a story that has not been written." Saoirse Finnigan is the twin sister of Seamus Finnigan. The two could not be any more diff...
19.2K 679 169
Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, destined soulmates, are now entrusted with the monumental task of raising none other than the Children Who Lived - Harr...