Circus of Wonders (An SMG4 Fa...

By CherryxFanta

SMG4 recieves an advertisement of an abandoned circus from nowhere. Will his friends manage to save him from... More

Chapter 1: Advertisement
Chapter 3: Closeness
Chapter 4: Imitation
Notice + Updated designs

Chapter 2: Ringmaster

227 11 13
By CherryxFanta

Meggy: "Where's 4? I thought he said he'd be back in a few minutes, but it's been almost an hour!"

The Bingo game has already ended at this point, and everyone went back to what they were doing.

Meggy: "I'm gonna have to call 3, maybe he knows something about 4."

Meggy picks up her phone from her pockets and proceeds to call 3's number.

SMG3: "SMG3, Lord of the Internet Graveyard speaking! Who's this?"

Meggy: "It's just me, 3. Say, have you seen 4 around? I know you've been at your place the whole time, but I wanted to know if you two had contacted each other earlier in the day or this week."

SMG3: "Wh- 4?? Why do you wanna know if I talked to him or not??"

3's tone started getting bit wobbly as Meggy sighed.

Meggy: "We haven't seen him for an hour or two, and normally I wouldn't be so worried. But I am. Just answer the question."

SMG3: "Well.. I did speak to him yesterday. But it's none of your concern! It was just some small talk."

Meggy: "Huh.. and WHY did you call him in the first place?"

SMG3: "It's.. It's nothing! I swear! It's just... I felt like I had to."

Meggy: "Could it be that you're both cosmically linked or something? But why?"

SMG3: "Like hell I know! That's all I've known, promise! Now leave me alone!"

The call hungs up.

Meggy: "... And that's that. Must I figure out everything by myself?"

Meggy shook her head.

Meggy: "He went to the forest, so let's just start from there."

Meggy walks into the forest, and everything seemed to be normal. She planned on turning back after a while but she felt like she had to keep going.

Once deeper inside the woods, she looked at all her surroundings, making sure to spot anything that'll leave a clue on where 4 is at.

Meggy: "Weird... no footprints at all, where could he have gotten?"

Meggy steps on something, and she immediately backs away.

It was 4's cap.

Meggy: "His... cap? He wouldn't have just leave it here would he? Something must've happened in here.. and yet.. I don't see any signs of a fight or struggling on the ground, not even his footprints to where he could've gotten.."

As Meggy picked up the cap, a breeze of wind flew behind her. She heard a familiar voice. It was SMG4's.

"SMG3! MEGGY! MARIO! SOMEONE! HELP!-"

Meggy: "SMG4!-"

She turned around, but no one was behind her. She was left clueless as to what happened.

-----

Back at the Showgrounds floor,

Mario is playing Super Smash Each Other In The Ass Deluxe, he seems to be enjoying his time making SMG4's 'room' his own, as 4 isn't around right now.

Meggy: "RED!! YOU NEED TO HELP ME SAVE SMG4!"

Meggy ran towards Mario.

Mario: "Heh? Save S-M-G-4?"

Meggy: "I think something happened while he was gone, he even left his cap in the forest, we need to help him!"

Mario doesn't look like he gives a crap whether or not 4 is safe, he's more focused on playing his game.

Meggy proceeds to take away Mario's controller, her face is already fuming.

Mario: "Hey! I was almost winning >:("

Meggy: "This isn't the time to play games! Now let's go find SMG4, wherever he is."

Mario: "Whatever... mom"

Mario grumbles as Meggy drags him. They both run towards the forest.

Mario: "How are you going to find him anyways? You don't even know where he is"

Meggy: "Sure, but since I heard SMG4 while I was picking up his cap, surely that might help us lead some clues to where he actually is. IF, I remember where I found that cap in the first place-"

Mario: "WAAH!-"

Meggy: "Huh?"

Mario started screaming and pointing at behind while Meggy turns around to see what's going on.

Meggy: "This is..."

A sign that says:

'SMG4 is right this way --->'

Meggy: "Dammit Red! It's just a sign, why did you scream??"

Mario: "Because Mario almost had to read :("

Meggy: "Seriously, I still don't get your whole 'can't read' thing, did your brother ever teach you?? Whatever, that's not the point right now. What's this sign doing here?"

What a suspicious looking sign, Meggy hasn't seen this the first time she went here.

Meggy: "This is obviously a trap, who would fall for tha-"

Mario: "Ooooohh, spaghetti!"

Meggy: "MARIO, NO!-"

Too late. Mario already went running to the direction of the sign. Meggy face palmed in disappointment and goes after him.

While Meggy was heading to where Mario went, the forest scenery surrouning them started to shift slowly, Meggy didn't notice as she bolted towards Mario full speed, knocking him down and kicking him to the ground.

Mario: "WAHAAAA!! I NEED MY SPAGHETTI!!"

Meggy: "Red, stop it! There's no spaghetti here, it's just tre- wait... huh?"

Once Meggy got a hold of her surroundings, it was just dark empty land. The sun doesn't seem to shine anymore and there aren't any trees around like before.

Meggy: "What the... where is this place?"

Mario: "Oooooh, lights!"

Mario pointed at something and Meggy turned around to look at what it is. There's a circus in the distance covered in colourful lights and thrilling energy, it stood out from the surrounding dull land.

Mario: "Do you think this is where S-M-G-4 went?"

Meggy: "...In a circus? That's the last thing in my mind I'd come a conclusion to. Whatever, since we can't go anywhere else, we might as well check it out."

Meggy lets Mario go as they both walk towards the circus. The closer they went the more they could hear music coming from inside the place, it looked and sounded just like those circus you'd go to on holidays, but a circus in a dull abandoned land? Now that's weird.

Meggy prepared to be cautious as she pulled the opening of the circus, she took some peeks around the inside but it seems that there's no one in sight at all.

Meggy: "Weird... why is this place open then?"

After some consideration, they both decide to head into the circus itself. It had a giant stage with seats surrounding it, and everything looked brand new and in working conditions, just the lack of life.

Mario: "Wowie! S-M-G-4 should've used this for his gameshow performance instead! This is way better than the cheap crappy equipment"

Meggy: "Well.. you're not wrong. But we shouldn't let our guard down! We arrived here suddenly and with no reason, this could end badly."

As they both head just next to the stage, admiring everything but also looking out for something. The lights suddenly went out.

Mario: "AAAH!! TAKE MEGGY NOT ME!!"

Meggy: "Keep it down Red!"

Meggy shush Mario by covering his mouth. The middle of the stage lights up, as a familiar figure stood under it.

SMG4: "Hello friends!"

Meggy: "Hold on... 4??"

4 can be seen on the stage. He's wearing a bright blue and black suit with a white shirt underneath, he has a black bowtie with a star in the middle and wore a top hat with a bright blue stripe, resembling a Ringmaster. Not only that, his face had a Spade and Star shaped make-up painted on him.

The lights of the circus returns to normal.

SMG4: "Thanks for making it today, I really appreciate it."

Meggy: "...What?"

Meggy was left riddled and puzzled, is this the same SMG4 that tried to scream for help back there?

Meggy: "SMG4, why are you at this place, and what is that outfit??"

SMG4: "Oh, you know, my Ringmaster costume, cuz, I'm the Ringmaster of this circus!"

Mario: "Mario thinks you've gone coo-coo crazy"

Meggy: "4, this isn't the time to joke around. Let's head back to the Showgrounds, I was worried sick about you!"

SMG4's expression dropped a little.

SMG4: "But... this IS my home, what are you saying?"

Meggy: "Are you out of your mind? We need to find a way to get out of here, c'mon!"

Meggy goes on top of the stage and grabs onto 4's arm.

SMG4: "I said... this IS my home."

4's face was filled with anger as he used his arm to throw Meggy onto the wall of the circus, seemingly with no effort. Mario was stunned at what 4 did to his friend.

Mario: "You just threw Meggy!!"

SMG4: "And? She was trying to take me away from them."

4's face returned to his normal chill self, not shocked by what he just did to Meggy.

Meggy coughed and got up, sensing that something is really wrong with SMG4.

Meggy: "Red.. let's get out of here."

Mario: "But what about S-"

Meggy: "Just trust me! Something is definitely going on here, from the cap on the ground to the obvious sign in the forest, this is definitely a trap."

Meggy holds onto Mario as they both run towards the exit.

SMG4: "Leaving already? But you haven't seen my performance yet! And what is a Ringmaster without his apprentices?"

4 smiled as the lights flickered, the walls of the circus starts to leak with black goo as the goo spreads behind 4 like a magnet.

SMG4: "And say.. I could probably use some Jugglers!"

As soon as 4 finishes his sentence, the goo from behind him charges at the two. Both of them barely managing to get out of the circus as they make a run for it.

Meggy: "You're insane, 4! What has gotten on with you?!"

Meggy huffed as she ran as fast as she could away from the circus, the goo from behind them continued to charge after the two.

Mario: "Mario is getting tired! Waaah!!"

Mario's movements starts to slow down, enough for the goo to catch up to him. But before it could lay a hand on Mario, Meggy scoops him up and continues to run for it.

Meggy: "It's because all you eat is junk food!! I told you to start a diet."

After a while of running, they stumble across a forest, well, kind off. The trees looked dead and didn't have any leaves on them, but this might be enough to cause a distraction to get the goo away from them.

It seems to be working as the goo slowly but surely started to lessen, but Meggy didn't slow down just to make sure.

A light starts to shine from in front of them. And as Meggy passes through it, they were back at the Showgrounds forest.

When Meggy turned around, the dead forest was nowhere to be seen, as if nothing had ever happened. She lets go to Mario as the two of them caught their breaths.

Mario: "Mama mia... that was intense."

Mario: "Meggy?"

Meggy seemed to be in deep thought about what just happened.

Meggy: "Cap... SMG4... Black goo.."

Mario: "MEGGY!! Can I have spaghetti now?"

Meggy: "Huh? Oh! Uhm, alright. Let's head back."

Meggy sighed as they both walk back to the Showgrounds. She'd have to recollect what just happened.

...
..
.

SMG3: "Well, hope you enjoyed my livestream! I'm tired now so I'll end the stream today, thanks for watching!"

3 ends his livestream, he was still a bit embarrassed by that call from Meggy and tried to forget it but can't.

A sudden shock ran thoughout his body.

SMG3: "Woah-! What was that all about?"

Nothing seemed to happen after that.

SMG3: "Eh, it was probably nothing. Eggdog, come here boy!"

...

SMG3: "Eggdog?"

-----

Word count: 1938 (Surprising)

Yeah this chapter mostly just focuses on Mario and Meggy I'm afriad, they're just too sibling-coded 😔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 200 24
"So Sav..." Sam starts. "We brought you here to ask you something." "What is it?" I ask, kinda nervous. "So, you know how we said we were goi...
436K 10.9K 48
An original and empowering shapeshifter/werewolf mystery. Lily's abusive life with her childhood pack is about to change forever when she's assigned...
3.9K 57 21
Hello these are gonna be oneshots of Muizen There will be fluff,angst,maybe smut who knows (probably not though) and more There will always be trigg...
30.4K 2.6K 46
α€™α€„α€Ία€Έα€€α€­α€―α€•α€­α€―α€„α€Ία€†α€­α€―α€„α€Ία€α€½α€„α€Ία€·α€”α€²α€·α€•α€α€Ία€žα€•α€Ία€œα€¬α€›α€„α€Ί α€€α€Άα€€α€Όα€™α€Ήα€™α€¬α€€α€­α€―α€α€±α€¬α€„α€Ία€…α€­α€”α€Ία€α€±α€«α€Ία€•α€…α€Ία€™α€šα€Ία€„α€šα€Ία€„α€šα€Ί