Burnin' Love (1)

De Profiler2610

Nicole Severide grew up with her older brother Kelly as one of the only people she could trust. Then she star... Mais

Cast
Graphics
Beginning
Barbecue
Crash
Halloween
Threats
It's Over
Thanksgiving
DCFS
Vargas
Missing Vials
Recovery
Kelly
Goodbye
Eric Whaley
Not Them
Sticked
Academy Dinner
Ruined
Shooting
Tara Tanked
Justice?
Tara's File
Molly's Opening
Prison
Maternity Leave
Darden Boys
Baby Girl Casey
First Shift Back
Awkward
Debate and Missing
Derailed
Superhero
Sister
Closing House?
Recruits
Power Outage
Katie
Jones
Vasectomy
Stalker
Girl's Trip
Understand
Explosion
Test
Wedding
After
Honeymoon Phase

Inheritance

1.7K 57 9
De Profiler2610

♣️Season 2, Episode 12♣️

Nicole lays back on the couch in the common room as Mills walks in and the guys on Truck start giving him crap, "Ah, will you look at this? Could they at least get you a shirt that fits?"

She fake wolf whistles at him as Otis pulls out a chair, "You'll still sit with us, won't you?"

Mills takes it, "Okay, I know the traditions, you guys have some sort of prank planned for me, but good luck," He picks the chair up and looks at the bottom of it, "Because I am keeping my eyes wide open."

Getting up, Nicole grabs a cup of coffee before going to stand by Shay, Matt and Rafferty when Shay asks her, "Hey, Nic, how's Dawson doing at the academy? I miss our partner."

"Way to make the new girl feel welcomed," Rafferty comments, still looking at the newspaper.

"Looks, it's going to take more than just homophobia and too much eye shadow to win my affections, Rafferty," Shay smiles.

"Hey, is Dawson stopping by here? Cause the bank is stepping in now, and they need us to come up with 10% of Molly's assessed value.  And since we don't have 50,000 bucks laying around, we're looking to get an extension," Herrmann asks, explaining the problems the bar is having.

Nicole nods, "Yes, she'll be here."

Kelly taps Matt's shoulder, hip-checking Nicole who swats his arm in return, "Hey, did you pick up the lumber at the salvage place?"

"I did, but there's too much to fit in my truck. We need a transport."

"Hey, any of you guys have a contact with a trucking company who can haul lumber on the cheap, or, better yet, for free?" Kelly turns to the guys in the common room.

Mouch raises his hand holding a pen in the air, which Cruz calls on, "Yes, Mouch, you know someone?"

He shakes his head, "No, I...I have a question. Even though he's no longer the candidate, Mills can still do the cooking, right?"

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Forget it. I already tossed my pots and pans," Some of the guys look so upset by the news, you'd think the world was ending.

"Okay, starting next week, we draw straws. I'll contact Katie and see if she can cook something up otherwise I'll some cooking," Nicole says, grabbing her phone to text her new sister.

Shay snaps her fingers in Otis face before whispering to each other as Nicole and Kelly talk, "Did Katie told you that she, Ember and I had lunch together yesterday."

"Should I be worried for some reason?" Kelly asks, dealing out some cards.

"Yes, because. I told her how to get away with dating someone in the firehouse without you being an ass," Nicole smirks slapping Kelly's hand away when he tries to peak at her cards while keeping an eye on Shay and Rafferty walking out together, "Hey, has Shay told you what she thinks of Rafferty?"

"How she had a problem with Shay liking girls otherwise, not really. Why? You thinking of maybe looking for a replacement?" Kelly asks, slapping a card down.

She shrugs, sighing, "I don't know. Rafferty's good but who knows what could go wrong with this thing between Shay and Rafferty. I mean, you remember when Shay and Dawson weren't getting along. It sucked."

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61..."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

At the scene, the three paramedics stay back before hearing an explosion. One of the victims is escorted over to them as they start evaluating her, "BP is 112 over 74. Let's keep her at 15 liters and we'll go from there. All right, take some nice, deep breaths for me, okay?"

Boden comes over to talk to the patient, "Do you know how dangerous it is to use a propane tank inside? You are a very lucky lady."

Another resident, a woman, comes over to yell at Boden, "Don't you yell at her! She was just doing what she could to keep from freezing to death. The problem is our cheapskate landlord. He won't fix the damn heat, so we're all doing whatever we can to stay alive in there."

Nicole watches as Boden has no idea how to respond.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Kelly and Nicole help Shay go over all the documents from Darryl's lawyer in the common room, "I thought I'd put the Darryl stuff behind me, which wasn't easy, but why would he leave everything to me?"

"Who knows?" Kelly shrugs.

"I don't want any of it. It just feels like blood money, somehow," Shay comments.

Herrmann rolls over to Kelly, asking, "What kind of blood money are we talking here?"

Kelly pushes his chair away, "Get out of here."

Finding a certificate of some sort, Nicole looks to Clarke, "Hey, Clarke, what does this insignia mean?"

Clarke looks over it, "Darryl Bell was a Navy man. Boatswain mate, third class."

"I gotta deal with this."

Cruz walks into the common room, "Hey, Mills. There's some guy in the tower looking for you."

As he walks out, Herrmann, Otis, Mouch and Cruz watch him carefully.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole stands with Shay outside of Darryl's apartment, "Do you want me to go in with you?"

Shay doesn't say anything, just grips Nicoles hand and drags her to the front door. 

The two walk in, noticing how nothing had changed since the last time they were in there. Nicole remembers the sound of the gun as she looks at the blood on the couch, lampshade and wall. 

Hearing a gasp, Nicole turns around to see that when Shay turned to leave, she came face-to-face with a man. 

"Sorry, if I scared you," He says, turning the light on, "I'm Jed. Darryl's brother. I-I-I'm guessing your the paramedic he left everything too?"

"Yeah, I'm Leslie Shay," She shakes his hand, "Hi. I feel terrible about this. I don't know why he left it to me. I-"

"My brother was going through a rough time. Obviously, the last six months, he was angry at the world because he was sick, angry at me because I didn't do enough to help. But I tried, I really did."

Nicole studies the man, not getting a good feeling, "Shay, we gotta get back to the house."

Shay nods, "Okay," Before turning back, "I"m so sorry. Look, I, uh, I don't want the money, so you can have it and, yeah."

Jed gives Nicole an even worse vibe with his reaction, "That...that means so much to me and my family. I can't even tell you. Thank you."

"She'll have to talk to lawyers and such first. Plus, she'd be doing it out of guilt and not because it's the right thing. We'll get back to you," Nicole starts escorting Shay out, whispering, "Do not give him a cent until he's been checked out. I have a bad feeling, Shay."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Hearing a saw running, Nicole pokes her head in to see Otis and Kelly talking. She watches as Otis starts to walk away before turning back, "I want to ask your sister out, okay? I have nothing but the best of intentions. Do I have your permission?"

"Sure," Kelly pats his back.

"Awesome! Cause I'm telling you, I am the ultimate..."

"But you have to make sure Nic's okay with it too. And she access to medical equipment that could kill you in a much more hidden way," Kelly smirks, pointing to his sister who's leaning against the rig, giving a little wave and a smirk.

Otis turns to Kelly who just smiles and pats his back again.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

At dinner, Nicole sits between Matt and Gabby as Shay fills them in, "So I called the lawyer and figured out the best way to hand everything over to Jed."

Nicole shakes her head, "Shay, I'm telling you, I did not get a good feeling with that guy."

Herrmann asks, "Just out of curiosity, how much do you think it's all worth?"

"Well, it's the apartment and a couple bonds."

Clarke reminds her, "And the military pension."

Shay shakes her head, "I didn't see anything about that in the paperwork. Well, all in all, the whole things about $40,000."

Herrmann starts choking before the alarms go off, "Ambulance 61, injured person. Bendon Shopping Plaza, 8350 North Michigan."

Nicole laughs when Gabby stands to join Nicole and Shay like she usually does but remembers when she sees Rafferty.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Heading into the shopping center, they're greeted by a guard, "The escalator just stopped out of nowhere. The lady up top is stuck."

They race up the stairs where they see a woman laying down, "I need help."

Nicole steps onto the escalator and kneels down by the woman, seeing the hair caught, "We're gonna get you out of here, I need you to stay calm. What's your name?"

"Ella," She gasps when Shay moves her hair slightly to look at her scalp. 

"Okay, Ella, we might need to give you a little hair cut," Nicole comments.

"Shears," Shay says as she dives for the bag.

Suddenly, the escalator starts up again, pulling on Ella's hair and almost throwing Nicole off balance. Shay pushes the emergency stop button as Ella screams in pain.

"It's alright. It's okay, don't move," Rafferty assures her as they hold her still and Shay cuts the hair.

"Nice work," Rafferty tells the blonde.

"Thanks."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Wheeling Ella around, Rafferty comments, "I hate when Lakeshore's backed up."

Shay asks, "What's wrong with Chicago Med? I like this place."

They move Ella to the bed when a nurse address Rafferty, "Hey, Raff."

Shay comes over to Rafferty and Nicole after talking with Ella, "Ella Sterling, owner. That's awesome."

"Leslie!"

"Kendra!" Shay greets back before commenting to Rafferty, "Oh, don't freak out. Big lesbian hug about to go down."

"I'll avert my eyes. Hey, um, I'm gonna head back to the rig."

As Rafferty takes the stretcher away, Kendra asks the two remaining paramedics, "How's Allison doing?"

They share a look, "Rafferty? She's fine. Why?"

"No reason."

Nicole tilts her head, "Kendra, what are you hiding about Rafferty?"

Kendra gives in, crossing her arms, "She was a resident here until last year. He fiancee got Hodgkin's. She dropped out of the program to take care of him. He died about six months ago."

As they get back into the rig, Rafferty asks, "What took you so long?  Asking her advice on the latest Subaru?"

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole sits on Matt's lap in his office, kissing his cheek, "Let's get married."

Matt holds her hand, kissing her engagement ring, "I think that's what this means."

She giggles, shaking her head, "I mean, let's set a date. This weekend. We go down to the courthouse with Ember, Kelly and Shay and then hold a big reception for everyone when everyone's schedule is good. I just can't wait to be married to you anymore."

"Let's do it," He smiles, kissing her.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

The couple are at dinner, Christine telling them they deserved a night off and would watch Ember for an extra couple hours, "The lamb looks good."

"A baby sheep? Really?" Nicole asks Matt.

Matt looks over at a guy before looking back down at the menu, "Veal looks amazing though."

Nicole tosses her napkin at him before he hands it nicely back and looks back over at the guy, "Hey, what is that guy's problem? He keeps looking over here," She looks over.

"I'm sure it's no big deal. Should we get appetizers?"

"Hey," Matt speaks up to the guy, "Can I help you with something?"

"Just looking out at my car. It's new. Don't like parking it on the street," He replies.

Matt sees the car, nodding, "Got it."

The guy scoffs, "A simple apology would be nice."

"Would it?"

"What's your problem?"

Matt stands up, causing Nicole to internally panic, and everyone else to look at them, "It sounds like, to me, you're the one with a problem."

Nicole tries to stop them as the other man stands as well and gets closer to Matt, "Matt. Matt, it's no big deal. Come on."

The man doesn't shut up, "Listen to your girl, pal."

This causes Matt to shove him and waiters come out to restrain both of the men, "Hey! Matt! Matt, stop!"

"This guy's a psycho!" The other one yells.

Matt raises his hands to show he's not gonna do anything, "It's fine. It's fine."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Nicole apologizes. 

One of the waiters shakes his head, "No, you need to leave now."

"It's cool. He's cool," Matt is eerily calm.

"Come on. come on," Nicole grabs her coat, leading Matt out of the restaurant.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

The next morning, Nicole cooks breakfast as Ember sits in the play pen in eyesight of the kitchen when Matt comes up to wrap his arms around her waist and kiss along her neck, "We should make sure to make an appointment at the court house for this weekend."

Nicole nods, sighing, "Babe? That was not you last night. We've been together for almost six years and I've never seen you act that way before."

Matt turns her to him, "I can't say sorry to you enough times. I'll make it up to you."

"I'm not worried about the dinner or whatever. I'm worried about you. We are always honest with each other. So what's going on?"

"I'm fine," Matt tells her, "I haven't been sleeping great. That's just part of getting back on the work schedule. I'm better every day. I promise."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

At the firehouse, Nicole corners Kelly in his office, "What the hell is going on with Matt?"

"What are you talking about?" Kelly asks, covering up the paperwork he'd been completing for Matt.

"Because he had a major personality change at dinner the other night and since he won't tell me anything, it leads me to believe he already told you. So spill," Nicole crosses her arms, head tilted.

"I don't know what to say, Nicole. I have no idea what's going on with Matt."

Nicole points, accusingly, "You do! You only call me Nicole when you're either trying to cover something up or appear professional."

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, man trapped."

Kelly is literally saved by the bells.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole holds Ember as they watch all the guys do their construction job. Ember shouts gleefully when Cruz comes over to make funny faces at her.

"Is uncle Joe being silly? Yeah," Nicole holds Ember so her back is resting against Nicole's chest and she's sitting on her hand as she's all bundled up.

"You look nice and toasty warm, Ms. Ember. Mommy obviously picked out your outfit cause daddy has no style," Joe smiles at the toddler.

"What was that, Cruz?" Matt asks from behind him, causing Joe's eyes to widen dramatically and Ember to laugh at his face.

Joe turns to his Lieutenant, "I-I was just....Ember was giggling and I....I'll be over there."

Nicole smiles at Matt, stepping closer as Joe almost runs from the family, "He's not wrong. Don't be mad."

Matt rolls his eyes, leaning down to kiss Nicole before taking Ember out of her arms, "Well, my little angel and I are gonna go watch uncle Kelly cut some wood while the mean mommy stays over here."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

At Molly's closing night, Nicole stands with Matt next to Herrmann when Cruz and Capp come from the bathrooms, "Guys, we just poured cement mix down the toilets."

Capp laughs, "Yeah, let the banks try flushing those babies!"

Shay walks in, trying to get everyone's attention, "Guys. Guys, um, the money's for you. It's your's. For Molly's."

"Yes!" Herrmann yells, after processing before picking Shay up and spinning her around, "I love you."

"Hey, hey," Gabby says to the bar after hugging Shay, "To Shay. And Molly's, back in business."

Everyone cheers, toasting to the good times to come.

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Standing in the courthouse with Kelly, who's holding Ember, and Shay, Nicole and Matt smile at each other as the judge says, "We are gathered here today for the union of Matthew Casey and Nicole Severide. The couple-"

The doors open, causing them to look over to see all of 51 entering the courtroom, Boden leading them, "What? You didn't think we'd let you get married without us, did you?"

"How foolish of us to think otherwise," Matt smiles, squeezing Nicole's hand before turning back to the judge, "Okay, we can continue."

"How about I just skip to the important parts? Do you, Matthew Casey, take Nicole Severide to be your lawfully wedded wife? To love and to hold and to cherish, in sickness and in health?"

"I do," Matt says.

The judge turns to Nicole, "Do you, Nicole Severide, take Matthew Casey to be your lawfully wedded husband? To love and to hold and to cherish, in sickness and in health?"

Nicole nods, tears in her eyes, "I do."

"Then, with the power invested in my by the state of Illinois, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Matt dips Nicole, kissing her, finally making them husband and wife as their 51 family cheer.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

AN: That was kind of a last minute wedding scene and I know that you and them deserve a better scene for it, but I can make the reception in a few episodes if you all leave some ideas so I know what kind of moments you want most.

I know that there will be at least a brother/sister dance for Kelly and Nicole and a daddy/daughter dance for Matt and Ember.

QoC: What do you think Nicole will do when Matt or Kelly finally tell her what's wrong with Mat?"

Thank you for all of the votes and reads and comments!!!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

190K 3.1K 80
Since Shay's death, Severide has been in a downward spiral going from woman to woman looking for any qualities of Shay in them. With recent events a...
16.6K 462 22
This is a story about two people in love Stella Kidd and Kelly Severide, two firefighters, and how time and events shape them from who they were to...
176K 2.3K 32
Matt Casey can't believe he has gone through a divorce. Not wanting to think about the break down of his marriage, he throws himself into work. With...
124K 2K 51
I have to save your ass again?" "Oh, shut up, Torres." For as long as Alyssa Torres could remember, she and Kelly Severide had hated each other. Nei...