Honeymoon Phase

♣️Season 3, Episode 2♣️

Nicole chases a giggling Ember out to the living room when a knock sounds on the door. Matt opens it to Kelly, "Hey, come on in."

Smiling as Ember runs straight to her favorite uncle and he picks her up, Nicole says, "Hey, Kelly."

"Hey. Wow, uh....place got fixed up real nice," He smiles, pulling his sister into a side hug as Ember pokes at him to get his attention, "Yes, Princess Ember?"

"Dance party!" Ember shouts, wiggling around to show Kelly how he should be dancing. 

"How about we let Uncle Kelly get settled into his room before we initiate him to the Casey household?" Nicole suggests, prying her daughter into her arms, "Besides, we've got to make breakfast."

Matt joins the conversation now, gesturing for Kelly to follow him, "Come on, guest bedroom's this way."

Kelly turns back to Nicole before following Matt, "Hey, thanks for this."

"Kelly, you are literally family. I'm glad you're here. So is Ember," She tickles her daughter, causing her to giggle.

"Yay! Uncle Kelly's gonna live here!" Ember shouts, throwing her arms up.

"Alright, go get some breakfast and then we can have one of those...dance parties?" Kelly questions, confused as to what this new activity his niece loves.

Nicole turns towards the kitchen, "Do you want pancakes or cereal, Emmy?"

"Pancakes!"

♣️♣️♣️♣️

"Ambulance 61, Truck 81, Squad 3, boat accident, 22nd and Canal."

"Hey, look who finally came down from the mountain," Nicole hears some of the Squad guys teasing Kelly as she heads to her rig. 

"Oh, I've never seen him before."

"Are you sure you remember how to do your job, Lieutenant?" Capp jokes.

Kelly gives it right back, "Forgetting is better than never knowing, Capp."

Brett gets into the driver's seat, turning on the siren and heading to the call.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Pulling up to the site, they see a man underneath a trailer hitch with a car hanging over the edge of a small cliff. Squad is grappling down to the car, telling Nicole that there's a victim in the car still.

Once Truck is able to get the trailer off the male victim, Gabby and Brett wheel the stretcher over to them, "Watch his head."

"That's gonna be the other ambulance," Nicole says as she hears sirens approaching, "Chief, we're taking him to Med."

"Go!" Boden nods in approval, keeping an eye on Kelly's line as he rappels down.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole sees Brett's introduction to Kelly not be as warm as the blond was hoping, "Brett, don't take any offense to him. Shay was his best friend. They were almost closer than him and Matt. He'll eventually be his warm, man whore self."

"Do you always call him a man whore?" Brett asks, picking at her food.

"Yes," Nicole nods, "Look, Kelly is known for getting into a lot of relationships and not always being super serious about them. But, he's a great and respectful man and an even better firefighter. You can trust him with your life."