Crash

♣️Season 1, Episode 3♣️

Nicole lays on Matt's bunk in his office as Matt works on paperwork, "You know, most men would come lay in bed with their hot girlfriend and leave the paperwork until later."

"Trust me," Matt looks back to her, "I would love to. However, this is due by the end of shift and that's in two hours."

"Fine, but you're gonna make it up to me when we get home."

Matt laughs, standing up to stretch and give her a quick kiss, "I promise."

As Nicole steals another kiss, the alarm goes off, "Accident, Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61..."

"Who jinxed it?" Nicole asks, "I know one of them said something about the calls and jinxed us."

"Just go get ready, Miss. PIC," Matt pushes her out of the room, heading to the Truck.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Arriving at the scene, the three girls get out as Squad races across the intersection to assist Truck in stopping a van from falling over the edge. Nicole steps out of the rig, "This is why we keep our mouths shut about lack of calls."

Shay and Gabby yawn, nodding in agreement before grabbing the stretcher. Nicole looks into the car and sees the older man talking and asking about his son. Reaching in, she feels for a pulse, "He's alive, sir."

"We're gonna need a second ambo," Shay radios in.

"Two more," Matt corrects, "Driver in the car over there."

Kelly winces as he lifts the jaws and struggles, "Too tight?"

"Yeah! Ah! We're gonna go through the windshield, get me a pick head."

Nicole watches as they cut through the windshield before guiding the son out and onto the backboard, "Okay, we'll take him to Med. 72's taking the father."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Once they get home, Nicole can tell something is off with Matt, "What's wrong? The last call?"

"The driver was drunk. He reeked of alcohol, there was beer cans in the passenger seat and-and the cops just ignored it."

"What? Why?" She asks.

"Because he's the son of one of the detectives, Voight," Matt tells her, sighing as he sits on the edge of their bed.

Nicole sits next to him, "Hank Voight? He's in the gang unit, said to be a dirty cop."

Matt looks at her, "And how do you know this?"

She shrugs, "When your dad worked in the CFD for as long as he did, you build contacts in all departments. Voight is bad news, please don't do anything stupid in regards to him."

"I won't," He tells her, "I promise," He seals it with a kiss.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole gets herself a plate of breakfast, taking a seat in Matt's lap while the other's discuss the TV, "That's not gonna cut it."

"Sign's out front. Just a matter of time till a good samaritan steps up."

"We can do that?" Mills asks.

Mouch nods, "Oh, yeah. It's frowned upon but not illegal per standards and procedures. Last year, we got the new...what was it?"

Herrmann reminds him, "Microwave."

"Got the new microwave by doing this."

Cruz adds, "It took three months to get the new microwave. The Bear's game is this Sunday."