Goodbye

♣️Season 1, Episode 13♣️ 

Kelly and Nicole sit at a coffee shop, "So, I don't know if Matt's told you-"

"You're moving to Madrid? Yeah, he told me the night you told him," Nicole nods, "Same day I told you I needed you here."

"Nic, you know I will always be he-" Kelly goes to try and make it right.

"No, Kel, you have to do what's best for you. I know you won't cut me out of your life and if you do, I will fly to Madrid so fast and beat you that you getting surgery was for nothing," Nicole threatens, smiling.

He gives her a smile, "Trust me, I am not stupid enough to cut you out of my life. No way."

Nicole sighs, sadly, "So, this Renee...you serious about her?"

Kelly shrugs, playing with the cup in his hand, "As serious as I can be. She's fun, hot, nice. I think it could go places and Madrid is a great place to see."

"You know if things don't work out in Madrid, you are always welcome back with 51 and to live with Matt and I. We want you home," Nicole is honest with her brother.

He pats her hand, "I know. I'll keep that in mind but right now, you have to get to shift."

Nicole nods, standing to hug her brother and kiss his cheek, "You better not leave before saying goodbye and telling everyone else. They'll be heartbroken if the great Kelly Severide doesn't say goodbye to them."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole, Shay and Gabby huddle near the back of the ambo as the hardware store bursts out into worse flames. They prep the stretcher as Matt and Herrmann bring out a man, "No pulse."

"Not breathing."

They load him quickly into the ambulance and manage to leave quickly but still end up losing him.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Getting back to the firehouse, they see some of Truck staring up at the door, "What's up?"

Otis tells them, "Door's jammed."

Herrmann, who's watching Matt stand on top of Truck, says, "I told Chief we needed to grease this puppy before the weather turned."

"What, he ignored you?" Otis asks.

"No, he told me to do it but I forgot. Been preoccupied," Herrmann says, causing Nicole to give him a side hug with her head resting on his shoulder.

"Weren't you and Cindy using protection?" Mouch questions.

He gives him some attitude, "We have four kids, Mouch, I was counting on my sperm being to tired to make the swim."

Nicole looks to him, "Speaking of pregnant Cindy. Did she send me baby books as a means to say that I've been chosen to help you two with this pregnancy or that she's popping out baby number five and I need to catch up?"

Herrmann shrugs, "I think a little bit of both."

She nods, "Well, you tell her I'll be more than happy to help with this pregnancy but if she wants me to pop out a baby, he-" She points up at Matt, "Needs to put a ring on it."

Gabby adds, "Engagement or marriage, she ain't picky."

Nicole points at Gabby as if to say she's right.

"I'm working on it," Matt smiles down at her.

"Well, I'm gonna head inside and check on the levels of the hot chocolate," Shay says, looking to Gabby and Nicole.