SHATTERED

By LOVEPROOF-

"you're so..." saylor started to say, but she cut herself off with a sharp inhale. i narrowed my eyes, and i... More

cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
sequel

seventy-three

619 39 106
By LOVEPROOF-

alex

FLASHBACK
ALEX: 16 YEARS OLD

"you think you can hold your alcohol a little better this time?" devon asked as she poured us each a shot.

we're at some party that she dragged me too. i didn't really wanna go; hell, i could go the rest of my life without going to another one of these damn parties, and i think i'd be perfectly fine with that.

"i don't know," i mumbled unsurely as she handed me the shot glass. "i don't drink like you do."

"you'll be fine," she encouraged. "you ready?"

no.

"mhm," i hummed lightly as i held the shot glass up.

she clinked her shot glass against mine before we both downed them. she was able to do it in only a second or two, while i done my in two swallows.

i hate this so much. why do people do this?

"you gotta do it in one go, baby," dev chuckled as she looked at my scrunched up face.

"i can't," i complained in a whine. "it's difficult. and it's so nasty."

"you'll learn to get over it," she laughed. "here, try again."

i frowned, and i dipped my head with a sigh as she took my shot glass from me to pour another shot into it. "do i have to?"

"you won't get good at it if you don't do it," she pointed out.

why would i want to be good at taking shots? this shit is miserable. i don't even like being drunk.

"i guess," i muttered.

she poured us both another shot. she counted down for these before we both took them. i still struggled with it, while she took her's effortlessly.

"jeez, you really do suck at taking shots," she shook her head. "here, try one more, and then we'll go sit, yeah?"

i didn't like the idea of taking another shot, but the fact that it would be the last one is why i agreed. so, she poured us another shot, and we downed it. still, i struggled with it.

"once you can actually take it in one go, it won't be as bad," she tried to assure me.

i doubt that.

i watched with furrowed brows as she grabbed two cups and started pouring some kind of alcohol into them. "i thought you said we'd be done after that shot?"

"no, i said we'd go sit," she corrected. "we're still gonna drink. you need to just calm down and relax, love. with a few shots in you and a drink, you'll be fine."

i could only agree to it as she handed me my cup, then helped me off of the counter i was sitting on. she lead me over to a couch that was, somehow, empty. there were people dancing and talking around the general area that the couch was in, but nobody was actually sitting on it.

"you know, i don't see why you were worried about coming to a college party," devon shook her head as she glanced around. "it's not too different from a high school one, now is it?"

i stared at her for a moment, already feeling the shots start to kick in. "i dunno... i haven't been to one," i admitted softly.

parties just aren't my scene.

"really?" she looked shocked by this. "well, i guess i'll have to start bringing you with me more, huh?"

no, please, don't.

i just want you to take me out somewhere that's not a party.

"yeah, i guess so," i mumbled.

she loosely gestured to my cup. "drink up; you haven't even drank any of it yet."

i hesitantly took a sip of it. like i thought it would be, it was disgusting and hard to drink.

i wanna go home.

i'm not sure how long i've been at this party or how much i've drank tonight. i'm not even sure how long devon's been gone; she insisted that she had to do something, but would be right back.

i've been sitting on the couch, by myself, for however long she's been gone. my cup is empty, and i'm practically wasted. my body feels heavy, i'm having a hard time keeping my head up and trying not to fall asleep, and i feel so uncomfortable and out of place here.

i hate being drunk.

"yo, who are you?" a guy asked as he walked over to stand in front of where i was sitting. "i don't think i've seen you around before."

i slowly looked up to meet his gaze. i blinked at him as i tried my best to take in his appearance. he was probably about six foot tall. i couldn't exactly tell what hairstyle he even had, but i think it suited him. i would make a comment on his looks, but i really couldn't see his face enough to make a decision.

"i'm alex," i replied.

"you don't go to college here, do you?" he questioned as he took a seat next to me. "you look a little too young for college."

my brows furrowed deeply. "i'm e-eighteen," i slurred.

devon told me to tell anyone who asks that i'm eighteen.

she said she's not, but it makes me feel like she's embarrassed of me being so young whenever she tells people i'm eighteen.

"oh, yeah?" the guy raised a brow as he moved closer to me. "are you a senior in high school that snuck in here?"

instead of verbally responding, i shook my head. he tilted his head.

"no?" he asked in an unbelieving tone. he placed his hand on my thigh as a small smirk formed on his lips. "c'mon, i won't tell anybody if you are."

i looked down at his hand on my thigh. i swallowed nervously. i felt extremely uncomfortable now.

i looked back to him. "i-i have a girlfriend," was the only thing i could think of to blurt.

his brows raised. "really? well, i don't see her."

"she's here," i insisted. i weakly pushed his hand away, which was slowly inching up further. "s-stop."

he raised his hands in surrender. "alright. i just don't see how your supposed girlfriend left someone as pretty as you all alone," he shook his head.

"she w-went to the bathroom," i lied. i lifted a hand to hold my pounding head.

he was about to say something, but he was cut off. "what the fuck are you doing, eric?"

i turned to see devon walking over here, which made relief flood over me. i turned a little too fast though, and the simple action made me nauseous.

i soon frowned as i took in her appearance. her clothes were a bit disheveled, and her hair was a somewhat messy. my heart dropped, but i tried to keep myself composed.

"i was talking to alex here; have you met them?" the guy, who i guess was named eric, responded.

"they're my girlfriend, fuck face," devon shook her head as she walked over to us. eric's jaw dropped.

"oh, so you were being for real?" he looked at me. i gave a slow nod.

devon's eyes narrowed at him. "go away. i'm not in the mood for your shit tonight, eric."

he briefly leaned down to whisper something in devon's ear. i only caught something about tomorrow night, but his tone and implications made me sick to my stomach.

once he walked away, devon kneeled in front of me. "i'm sorry, i shouldn't have left. did he mess with you? i'm sorry, really, baby," she apologized as she cupped my face.

my shoulders slumped. "it's okay," i forgave her, even if she didn't really deserve it. "can you please j-just take me home? i wanna go home, devvy. p-please?"

she sighed deeply. "yeah, c'mon. let's go."

she stood up and not so gently helped me up. i leaned all of my weight against her as she practically carried me out to her car. i didn't like the idea of her drinking and driving, but i was too drunk myself to worry about it. i also just wanted to be home so bad that i really didn't care how i got there, just as long as i did get there.

somehow, i was able to get home and in my bed without throwing up. i was almost positive that i would've, but i'm thankful that i didn't.

after devon got me in the bed, she almost immediately left. i was disappointed, but i can't say that i was surprised. regardless, i fell asleep in no time at all.

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

predictions?

words:
1442

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 6.2K 59
(#1 Book in the dance series) Estelle Beaufort, a 25y/o Academy student that dropped out of her university on impulse and regrets it till this day. S...
40.2K 1.5K 25
She knows it wrong. She knows it's wrong to like her sister's best friend that way. It betrays her sister's trust. It's unethical, she knows that. B...
139K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...
1.2K 95 11
This is my first, unpublished novel. It was sad sitting in the outer-reaches of desktop space, so I wanted to give it some attention. I hope that so...