ஐ Living, Only for Him ஐ

By TheAngelLightLove

A supposedly normal 17 year old who got caught up in things he never imagined. A young werewolf, abandoned b... More

Living, Only for Him (boyxboy)
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Findings
Chapter 3: Truth
Chapter 4: Snow Wolf and Toby
Chapter 5: Discoveries
Chapter 6: Sense
Chapter 7: Things To Be Left Behind
Chapter 9: Confusion
Chapter 10: Harry and Secrets
Chapter 11: Asim Tushara Faolan
Chapter 12: Help
Chapter 13: Memories
Chapter 14: Feelings and Father
Chapter 15: Mate and Mother
Chapter 16: Revelations
Chapter 17: Lies

Chapter 8: The Charmer's Eyes and Jesse

275 9 9
By TheAngelLightLove

"Look at my eyes." I told Dezmin.

He raised an eyebrow. "I am looking. What about them?"

"Huh?" I said as I let go. "Isn't there anything unusual about my eyes?"

He shook his head. "Nope. What did you think? That they changed colour?" he scoffed.

"Actually, yes." I said, taking a seat. "They did change colour. A lady said that my eyes were yellow and she handed me a mirror."

"And they were yellow?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Well, now they're back to green." he said. "Sure it wasn't your imagination?"

"I'm sure!" I protested.

"Hm." Dezmin mumbled, going back to his book. Suddenly, his eyes widened and he looked at me.

"What?" I said. "Is there something on my face?"

"No." he replied. "I just remembered something."

I sat down next to him. "What?"

"Well, I know of this really old story that Leah once read to me." he grabbed a notebook and pulled out a pencil.

"What was it about?"

He started sketching an eye and what looked like a necklace beside it.

Flashback:

"Lee-ah!" A ten year old little boy called.

"Ugh, Dezmin, be patient!" a fifteen year old Leah called, walking into the his bedroom with a book and Dezmin tugging at her jeans.

When Dezmin realized that they were in his bedroom, he scampered for his bed and pulled the covers up to his chin, looking at Leah with huge, puppy dog eyes. Leah chuckled at the cuteness of her little brother.

"So?" he cried. "What book are you reading today?"

She climbed onto the small bed and pulled the tiny boy close. "Well, today, we're gonna read a story that's called, 'The Charmer's Eyes'."

"What's that?" the little one asked.

"You'll see as I read the story, okay?" Leah replied. "So listen carefully."

He nodded and closed his eyes, waiting to hear his sister's voice.

"Once upon a time," she began. "There was a wandering merchant hired by the head of a very powerful family. He was sent to search for great treasures of the world. And by treasures, that meant all sorts of different things. Things like precious jewels, metals, spices, rare plants, and even people."

"People?" Dezmin asked. "People are considered treasures?"

"They are." Leah replied. "The merchant was sent to look for people with different kinds of talents, specialities, things that make them unique."

"Like what kind?" the little boy asked.

"Hm," She pondered. "Well, people like artists, architects, engineers, doctors, writers, entertainers, people like that."

The boy nodded in confirmation, so Leah continued.

"One day, the merchant was walking along the roads of a very poor country, when he came upon some locals talking. They were talking about how their village lord had put up his adopted younger brother for anyone to take. When the merchant asked why the lord would do that to his own brother, the locals replied saying, "Because the little boy is strange."

The very next day, the merchant went to the lord's estate. When he said that he was there for to see the lord, the lord himself let him in.

"What brings you here?" the lord asked.

"I have heard of your younger brother." the merchant had replied. "Why in the world would you consider him so strange?"

"I'll show you." the lord said, and called an attendant to bring the boy over.

Within minutes, a small boy with his head down low, came up to him.

"Go, little one." he commanded his brother. The little boy flinched and made his way towards the merchant. "Do you notice anything strange about the boy?" the lord asked, hinting a bit of amusement in his voice.

The merchant looked over the quivering boy. His eyes were then captured by the boy's. In his luminous pools of turquoise coloured eyes, there was a small but radiant cluster of gold swivelling around the pupil. The merchant was truly enchanted by his eyes, although, during his time, he noticed something strange. When the boy was near his elder brother, the lord, his eyes would turn completely golden. Even though it was beautiful, anyone normal person could see the fear in his eyes.

After staying several days at the lord's place, one night, the merchant came upon the strange eyed boy at the patio footstep. He sat beside him and talked.

"What's your name?" the merchant asked the little boy.

"I don't have one." the boy replied.

"No one named you?" the merchant questioned as the boy shook his head. "Then what do the people here call you?"

"Lots of things." the boy said. "But the thing the call me the most is, 'The Charmer'."

"The charmer?" the merchant asked. "Why?"

The boy shrugged. "I don't know." he said. "But its like they can't keep their eyes off of me."

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever people come over, big brother tries to sell me." he replied. "And all of them look at me weirdly. Like they were gonna come up and eat me up."

"Do you think I'm like that?" the merchant asked.

The boy shook his head. "You're really nice, mister!"

The merchant smiled." Thank you." he said. "I think I know what your power is."

"Power?"

"Yes. You have an extraordinary, sixth sense of sort."

"What's that mean?"

"You can detect danger with your eyes."

"With my eyes?"

"Yes. Have you ever noticed that most of the times when you're scared, your eye colour changes to gold?"

"Really?"

The merchant nodded. "Its a very special power, and I'd like to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Would you like to come with me? I have a master who loves special, talented people like you."

"Talented? I'm talented?"

"You are. Would you like to come?"."

Leah had paused for a while. When she noticed that there was no more of the book to continue. Dezmin was also fast asleep so she just closed the book and kissed him on the forehead.

End of Flashback.

***

Liam opened his eyes to find that he was in a small bleak cream coloured room. He tried to get up when he felt a sharp pain in his side. He flopped down on the strangely soft bed and the events of his last memory came flooding back. With that, he snapped up and stumbled his way to the door. With a slight push, the door cracked open revealing a wide field of grass. That sight made Liam instantly think, "Are we in the country side?"

His thoughts were interrupted by a body pouncing on top of him. Liam recognized it as the huge body of Hunter's. Although, what he didn't recognize was why he was licking Liam. Liam winced in pain at his side and stumbled a bit, before Hunter steadied him.

Hunter stopped licking when he reached Liam's nose, and pulled away and blinked.

"Sorry." he mumbled. "Instinct."

Liam smirked. "Really now." he said, making Hunter blush red. "So anyway, where are we?"

"We're somewhere in the city you took us to." he replied.

"Huh?" Liam questioned. "But I know that city like the back of my hand. I've never seen such a place like this."

"Then maybe you don't know the back of your hand as well as you think you do." a voice said from behind them.

Liam felt a hand approaching his shoulder, and by reflex, he grabbed that hand, and pulled him back.

"Hey, hey." a dirty blond haired boy said, with his hands up in defence. "Calm down. I ain't gonna hurt you."

Liam slowly let go of his hand. "Who are you?" he asked as the boy who looked older than himself put his hands into his baggy jeans and Liam could hear his bracelets dangling and clinking as he rummaged through his pocket to pull of a key. The boy opened the door and he led the two of them inside.

He laughed. "My name's Jesse Grace."

"Jesse?" Liam questioned once he settled himself on the couch. "How did I get here?"

"Well, yesterday," Jesse began. "I was walking home from school when I saw Hunter full out yelling at everyone he could find. Although, he didn't make much sense, but when he came over to me, he was almost crying and gesturing to your bloody body in his hands. By that time I realized that you were dying you I took you to my house and called a doctor. So now, here you are."

Liam was puzzled by Jesse's story, and looked over to Hunter and burst out laughing.

Hunter was beet red sitting at the edge of the sofa and when he saw Liam laughing, he threw a pillow at him. "Don't laugh at me!!" he protested.

Liam looked up from his laughing fit and wiped his eyes, as he was laughing so hard that he was tearing up. "Sorry!" he said, breathless, "But you're face was just..." Liam stopped. The word in his mind was adorable, but he was reminded that Hunter was, in a way, still the enemy. Well, Liam thought, Hunter can't be all that bad since he saved his life.

While Liam was lost in thought, Hunter had some of his own thoughts he needed to face. What was he doing? Hunter asked himself. He should've just left the guy to die, but he had protected him, and that, Hunter had to admit, was something no one else had done before.

It was funny actually, the chain of thoughts that circled in both Liam and Hunter's heads. Jesse had to chuckle and decided that this was too funny to keep to himself. "Um," he spoke up. "I think you guys should know that I can read minds."

Both boys snapped their attention to the stranger. 'Is he serious?' Both of them thought.

"Yes." Jesse replied. "I am one hundred percent serious."

Now a different chain of thoughts began forming in their head and Jesse tried to stifle his laughter, but like Liam had done before, he went into a laughing fit.

Hunter and Liam were wondering. Was he laughing at their thoughts, or was this some kind of head start on April fools day?

"God," Jesse cried. "I'm laughing at the former, just so you know. Its the middle of October, I wouldn't be getting a head start on April fools day five months early."

Liam threw a pillow at Jesse. "Get out of my mind." he ordered.

"Then you ought to think quieter." Jesse retorted.

"Is that even possible?" Hunter asked.

"Or, you can try and think of less embarrassing things." Jesse had just said that to make fun of Liam. So in a few minutes, the two of them began to have a cat fight, leaving Hunter to ponder what Liam must've been thinking. (Much to Liam's dismay.)

***

"That was the story?" I questioned Dezmin. "What happened after that?"

Dezmin shrugged. "I don't know. I fell asleep, but I asked Leah the next day, she said that the book was missing the last few pages."

"Was it a children's book, of sorts?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No. Leah said she found it when she found me in the woods behind our house when I was seven."

"When you were seven?" I asked.

Dezmin hesitated before speaking. "Um, do you know how my pack left me?" he asked, unsure.

"Yeah. I remember." I told him. "Leah told me."

"Yeah, well," Dezmin continued."That book was there with me."

"Do you have any idea who gave it to you or how you got a hold of it?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No, I don't remember much from then, but I do remember a lady."

"A lady?" I questioned.

"Yeah." he replied. "I remember her because of her white hair."

"Oh, I'm so happy you remember me, Dezmin." a feminine voice said from behind us. "And I'd never have imagined! The Charmer has made friends with the Snow Wolf."

*****

A/N: Okay, so, on Friday, when I was walking home, me and my friend had this conversation:

Her: you're not gonna kill Liam, are you?

Me: No way! I have big plans for the guy! I just like to make my characters reach the brink of death.

Her: ...you sound like Shakespeare.

Me: How?

Her: Shakespeare usually kills his main characters.

Me: I said I want them to the brink of death, not killed!

Her: .....

Me: .....

Me: okay, even if I do kill my characters, its my story. I can bring them back to life anytime I want.

So that was just a bit of useless info I wanted to share with you. Just so you know, although, this book has a weekly deadline, I usually just put it up till the last day. Like right now. Its Friday night and I'm supposed to be sleeping, but I'm up writing and listening to 1D and the Black Veil Brides. Well, its time to end this little (it seems to be quite long now) author's note. And again, i don't know when I'll be able to post this because I don't have Internet, so please bear with me! So anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading my chapter and please give me some feedback! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...