His Beloved Cordelia |18+ (Hi...

By Luna_Moon135

Cordelia, who was already beyond the marriageable age, quickly agreed upon the arrival of a marriage proposal... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 25

17.8K 748 59
By Luna_Moon135

"Pfftt—!" A loud amused laugh left her red colored lips as her amber eyes narrowed down the messenger on the gate, handing more letters to the knight on guard.

She watched closely from the garden and couldn't help but laugh. "Wow, your suitors are brave." Dahlia spoke, laughing in the midst of it.

Cordelia's close friends had decided to drop by after hearing of the word-spread and so called news. In the midst of the afternoon, they stayed under the tall acacia tree. Under its shade, they were amidst of tea and conversation.

"Well is it true?" Morgana intervened. "Are you really going to divorce your husband?"

Cordelia's face distorted into a frown finding it hard to speak. "Even you know about that..?" She choked out.

"It's the talk of the entire capital, Delia."

"Even the commoners know."

"Words do spread fast."

Cordelia swayed a dejected sigh. So as it seems, the situation was far more serious than she initially thought. In distress, she held the bridge of her nose, not knowing what to do.

"How many proposals have you received by now?"

Cordelia almost choked on her warm chamomile tea. "What..?"

"That must not only be the proposal you've received. So how many are there?"

She blinked her eyes as she could not recall a number. "I don't know." She said. "Probably around seven?"

This time, it was Dahlia and Morgana who almost choked on their tea.

"Gracious!" They spoke in disbelief.

"That's a lot, Delle!"

"You must be popular among the aristocrats." Cheered Morgana.

"Well she is!" Dahlia intervened. "She has attended many charity balls, of course she would be popular."

"-Well known for her beauty and kind hearted-ness, and her excellent donations of course." Dahlia spoke proudly with a dazzling silhouette.

But on the other hand, Cordelia couldn't grasp what was said. "Since when did such a thing happen?" She softly frowned, for she could not recall a thing like that.

"I think you're just making fun of me." She grumbled.

Dahlia let out a horrified gasp. "Of course not!" She spoke determinedly as she settled her saucer on the table.

"My clients that come often, which are nobles, would mention your name at least once. And that is what they would say."

"Ah, come to think of it." Morgana smiled. "While I was on my way to the capital, and on my way to your estate, I happen to hear quite many praises followed by your name from time to time."

"The Marchioness Elvoye gave another donation to the poor. Such a kindhearted woman she is, and a beauty. Those praises are the same as Dahlia said earlier."

Cordelia really wasn't able to fathom such a thing. Because for one, not a word of that reached her ears.

A blatant stare was left of her. "Those donations were from Leon. I gave it on his behalf since he was busy in the palace. I am not deserving of such praises for he is the one that should be praised, not me."

"I do not intend to take credit of my husband's work. Then that makes the words around the capital void, for they are far from the truth."

"...."

Silence briefly remained, until Dahlia spoke and pointed out. "Well but you are still kind." She said.

"....."

"And you are beautiful." Morgana added.

"Then those praises are not void at all, aren't they?" The two grinned at her at once.

"Pfftt—!" A laugh escaped Cordelia's lips.

"Pftt!" Morgana laughed as well, followed by Dahlia. "See? We speak of nothing but the truth here."

"Ah, but is true? Are you really going to have a divorce?"

"That...." Even she, herself was unsure. "I am not sure either..." She spoke quietly.

"Why do you ask?"

"Nothing." Came their immediate answer.

Having been their friend for many years now, Cordelia quickly noticed something odd between the two, who were unusually taking glances at each other. Keen as she is, she knew there was indeed something they were not telling her.

Cordelia's rose her brows as she spoke softly. "You're hiding something from me aren't you?"

"Come now, won't you tell me?"

"Well...." Morgana trailed.

"Since we thought that you'd be divorcing your husband soon... we bought something along our way here for you."

Soon, a small but thick book with a brown leather cover was placed on the table. Cordelia's lips parted in disbelief as she read the title of the book, engraved in gold and embedded in the leather.

How to Divorce Your Husband

The golden engraved title of the book shined under the faint brimming rays of the sun.

Cordelia's brows rose yet again. Bewildered, confused, and taken aback, she could not utter a word.

Dahlia and Morgana innocently smiled at her. "We thought this could be helpful to you at moments like this."

"Is that all of it?" His cold voice gave Cedric chills. He had never seen Leon so angry.

Cedric slowly looked down on his hand, taking a quick glance of the last letter there was for Cordelia. "There is one last left, master." Knowing what to do, he stepped forward and gave that very letter to Leon, who stood silently in front of a fireplace.

As soon as it was in Leon's hand, just like the rest of the letters, it was immediately torn into pieces and thrown into the fire. His jaw clenched as his eyes narrowed into a glare, watching the letters burn along rest of Cordelia's proposals letters.

"Those damned proposals." He gritted his teeth, furious.

'Delle...'

'Cordelia,'

'My Cordelia. The girl who was the first to be my friend.'

'My first comfort.'

'My first love.'

Leon's fists were clenched tightly knowing there were many men who coveted his love, his wife, Cordelia. That thought alone angered him.

"Is there any progress of what I've asked you to investigate?"

"There are, my lord. The culprit who released the very private agreement between you and the madam has been caught."

"Who is the culprit?" The cold voice brimmed Cedric's ears.

Cedric took a deep breath, reluctant to answer. He knew how Leon's bad mood could lead to him being unmerciful towards the culprit. But Cedric used to know this so called culprit, and he could not help but worry. But overall, he managed to muster up the courage to say it. "It is Vince, your former aid, master."

Leon glanced at Cedric, eyes laced with anger.

"However, it was not him who spread that information through the nobility. It seems that he was bribed by someone." Cedric spoke. "As as of now, he is not willing to admit who is behind him."

Leon only remained silent, but even so, he still looked scary. "Bribe him higher than what he was given until gives in and admits. If he still refuses, then threaten him with his family."

Cedric gave a small nod. "Understood, master." And with that, he soon left the room.

Leon held the bridge of his nose as he let out a deep sigh. He was furious.

'Those lecherous bastards...'

"How dare they send proposals to a married woman."

'Do they have no shame?' Leon kicked the side of his desk in irritation.

'How dare they covet a married woman!'

'How dare those shameless bastards covet my wife!' Just of the thought, Leon even considered strangling them one by one. He was getting agitated. He wanted to burn the men who sent those letters.

Now that he is aware of his feelings toward her, Leon had grew more fond of spending time with her. But because of the matter that spread like wildfire, he had no other choice but to drown in late hours to clear the so called rumors.

Though it was true that he and Cordelia had a contract agreement, he still had long forgotten about that. For a while now, he was secretly arranging to revoke the condition where they had to get a divorce if she couldn't birth an heir.

Even he had long abandoned their agreement. 'I don't plan to let her go.'

'I don't think I can let her go.' He didn't want to divorce her any longer. With or without a child, Leon wanted to remain married with her until the very end.

Leon wanted her for himself, and only her. Even if he had a child, he wanted the mother to be her, and no one else. No one else but her.

He heavily thought of his past with regret. 'It was idiotic of me to even suggest that contract.'

'If I didn't suggest such a thing, then...' Leon knew that if he could go back in time, he would have changed many things back then.

He heaved a frustrated sigh as he ran his hand into his hair in annoyance.

HIS footsteps filled the corridor as he made his way into Cordelia's chambers. His heart felt light, knowing she was inside.

Knock

Knock

Knock

Leon gently knocked on her door. Hearing the hurried footsteps from inside drawing closer, Leon fixed his composure despite his heart that was beginning to race.

"Oh!" To her surprise, it was not Lilibeth that greeted her, but as Leon.

She smiled fondly. "Come in, Leon." She spoke, opening the door wide.

"What brings you here?"

Leon softly frowned as he stepped inside her chambers. "Do I need a reason to visit you?" He said. "You are my wife, after all. It is given that I seek for you whenever I miss you."

Cordelia's face instantly reddened, brightly burning. "Well... I guess so." She mumbled, almost stumbling upon her words.

"You are my husband." She said.

Leon's lips quickly rose into a wide smile. "I am your what now?" He asked again. He wanted to hear her say that one more time.

"You are my husband." Cordelia repeated.

His smile turned into a wide grin. "Yes." He nodded as he spoke proudly. "That is right."

"I am your husband," He trailed as he drew near her. "—and you are my wife." With that, he wrapped his arms around her waist as he leaned into her lips.

Caught off-guard, Cordelia stood still as Leon pressed his lips on hers. His arms around her waist got tighter as he pulled her closer.

"Nn..."

He gently pushed his tongue inside her mouth before softly biting down on her bottom lips.

With Leon's hand supporting her waist, Cordelia managed not to fall as he began to slowly corner her onto the bed. His hands softly caressed her body as he did, especially her ample bosoms.

Not long after, Cordelia's back hit the soft sheets as Leon crawled on top of her, locking her in between his arms.

"Ngh..." Without another word, he sealed her lips for another time as he deepened their kiss. But their passionate time soon came to a halt as Leon found something on the way.

His knee that he placed on her bed hit something thick and hard. Wanting to rid of that hindrance, Leon shortly reached for whatever it was that was hitting his knee.

And before he could throw away for what seems to be a book, his took a quick glance of what he was holding. There in his hand, he saw a small but thick book with a hard leather cover. Curious as he was about her, Leon read the title of the book.

How to Divorce Your Husband

Pang! Leon's heart sunk, immediately feeling a sting in his chest.

"Why do you have this kind of book?" The proud and joyful smile he once had was immediately wiped out.

Cordelia's eyes widened. "Oh—!" Not uttering a word, she quickly snatch the book from his hand.

"T-That is—" Before she could finish her sentence, Leon snatched the book back from her.

"Where in the world did you get this book?" He asked her, evidently upset. His eyes displayed a sorrowful look.

"My friends that visited earlier gave that to me. Trust me, I have no intention to read nor use that." She spoke hurriedly, wanting to immediately clear the misunderstanding.

"You... haven't read it at all..?" Leon looked at her, desperate to hear that she didn't.

"I didn't." With her words, his heart became eased.

But still, Leon looked at her with a doubtful eyes and a pouty lips. "Then why is it in your chambers, dear?" He spoke, sulking.

Cordelia unknowingly placed her hand on his shoulders as though to assure him. "Since my friends gave it to me, I planned on keeping it for the mean time and give it back when I next see them."

I'll burn that book next.' Thought Leon.

"I promise that I do not have the intention no read or keep it." In a daze in his eyes, Cordelia found herself running her hand through his hair, successfully easing more of Leon's heart.

"But didn't you say your friends live far away and that you seldom see them?"

Her hand that combed through his hair froze upon hearing what he said. She looked at him strangely, pondering deeply in her mind.

"Is something the matter, Delle?" She felt his hand on top of hers, moving her hand onto the side of his face not before planting a kiss on her fingers. "Why did you stop?"

Cordelia slowly shook her head. "Ah... apologies." She responded as her lips rose into a faint smile, all while tenderly caressing the side of his cheeks.

Though deep inside, her heart was racing immensely, and her thoughts slowly became a mess.

'As far as I remember, only the gigolo knew that my friends live far away.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 2 17
18+ Cordelia was once a human in the 1800s, living off the street and selling her body to survive while taking care of the needs that plagued her. Un...
988K 12.6K 13
Olivia is a shy, reserved, and lonely 24 years old lady who had fallen in love with a man that ended up marrying her twin sister Sophia, right before...
39.5K 1.3K 65
COMPLETED "What you're doing is wrong?" I smirked, licking my lips as she wails tied by the bedpost and completely bare to me. "You know what have y...
612K 23.7K 35
Getting married to the person you loathe is the worst nightmare ever. But for Leona Wilbrose, this nightmare came true when she was forced into a mar...