A New Perspective: The Blind...

By corkykong

Within the land of remnant, there are many tales, and stories. Stories that speak of the heroic deeds of othe... More

Chapter 1: Lost Sensations
Chapter 2: A Sense of Trust
Chapter 3: Two Sides Of A Deal
Chapter 4: From Here On Out
Chapter 5: Regret's Reward
CHOICE TIME!!!
Chapter 6: The Chance
Chapter 7: The Quickest Way To The Heart
Chapter 8: A Dule is a Lesson
Chapter 10: Good Guy, Wrong Side
Chapter 11: The Wizard of- (short chapter...I think?)
Choice TIME!!!
Chapter 11.5: A Last Name (short chapter)
Chapter 12: During The Break
Chapter 13: A Name You Can't Forget
Chapter 14: Enemies Are Friends Too!
Chapter 15: In "Sight"...
Chapter 16: The Blacksmith's Way
Chapter 17: A Pillar of Light...And The Black Stag...
Choice time~
Chapter 18: A Heart of Grimm
Chapter 19: A Gambler's Hint
Chapter 20: An Audience With A Queen
Chapter 21: A Queen's Wrath...
Chapter 22: With Silver Antlers...He Ran...
Chapter 23: From Secret Admirers
Choice time!!!!- oh...and thanks...
Chapter 24: Sympathy V.S Empathy
Chapter 25: A Blacksmith's Flame...
what did he send?
Chapter 26: Embers To A Flame
Chapter 26: Embers To A Flame (part 2 short)
Chapter 27: A Life Not Lived
Chapter 28: A Fang's Reckoning...
Choice time....IMPORTANT
Chapter 29: Antlers Against Horns
Chapter 30: A Place To Come Back To
My Nose Doesn't Glow!!!

Chapter 9: Pearly Whites

2K 44 52
By corkykong

After your fight with Mercury, you were guided outside by the people that had brought you to the fight pit before.

???: Hey kid, you did pretty good in there.

Y/N: hm?- me? Thank you!- kinda my first ever fight against someone other than my dad.

???: Your dad?...what do you mean by that?

Y/N: me and Tank would have these dules every now and then...kinda of mean seeing as he took advantage of me not being able to see him...

???: O-oh...well in any case... I'm taking you to someone that would like to meet you...

You instinctively raised an eyebrow before speaking

Y/N: who are they?

???: Eh... you'll find out soon enough...

Nervousness began to settle upon you as you felt your heart beat just a little bit faster.

After a few minutes of walking however, you heard the guide speak again.

???: Alrighty then...stay here, they'll be here shortly...

The man left you...

You quickly took in your surroundings.

From the echo of the waves, you knew that you were still on the docs.

And from the sound bouncing off of the metal containers, you not that you were within a pocket of containers. With one possible exit being the way you came in.

You just stood there under the sun for awhile before...

Sienna pov

There he was...

My gaze fell upon him like a predator eyeing prey...

A deer faunus...not as common among the faunus race, but a welcomed kind either way.

I have only ever fought along side them once, but that was when I had just joined the White Fang.

I recalled their type of race being quite secluded from the world but very welcoming when it came to a visiting race or kind. Not to mention that their fighting prowess was something of legend.

From either wielding or forging weapons that assisted in the old wars, they had built the reputation and the foundations at which the white fang was built upon.

But now...since their absence from a world wide man hunt from the Atlas military...

They have either all been captured, killed, or are in hiding once more...

So one can imagine my hidden surprise when I had received a report from one of my men saying that there is a deer faunus within the crime boss Roman's ranks...I simply had to see for myself...

But I'm front of me...was just a boy...

I honestly expected a rugged and worn child...seeing as he is working for Roman of all people...he tends to have a habit of wearing down his workers...but this boy...

He seemed curious...and blind?

???: Um...excuses me?-

Me: 'he heard me?...am I getting sloppy, or he's really good at sensing another person's presence...'

I watched in silence as he his white hazed eyes slowly glided towards me before unknowingly meeting my gaze.

A pair of hazed eyes met mine as my curiosity began to spike. My eyes drifted to gaze around his body before eventually landing on his walking cane...it appeared to be both modified and heavily worn...and the scar that crossed over his eyes...

Perhaps his sight was taken instead of being born without...

After a long pause of awkward silence for him, and a small pause of amusement for me...I spoke up...

Pov...

???: Hello Y/N...

A female voice had finally responded to you.

Y/N: a-ah, hello!- my name is- wait...how do you know my name?

You heard a playful yet seductive chuckle before hearing her speak once more.

???: I don't think that part should hold your attention as much as what will happen if you don't follow me~...

Some what nervous and afraid, you gulped down before speaking up.

Y/N: I-I...I don't trust you!...you haven't even told me your name yet...

You shouted straight out of fear, but your voice was quickly brought down out of embarrassment

There was a small chuckle from the female, a fully amused laugh it sounded like.

???: Hmm *deep breath/sigh* my name is Sienna Kahn...Leader of the White Fang.

Your eyes almost immediately widened.

During your time with your dad, you remembered him talking about the white fang and even Sienna herself.

Supposedly, The White fang was a faunus rights organization that fought for faunus rights across the kingdoms.

Your dad, Tank, had mentioned the very few times he used to be apart of the group.

Mostly it was him simply being enlisted to assist in some rescues, or forging a few different tools and weapons for their members, but nothing more than that...but he had always seemed to hold them in high regards.

With this in mind, you quickly bowed your head before apologizing.

Y/N: I-I'm sorry!- I don't know!

An embarrassed blush ran across your face. But you began to hear Sienna laugh...what?

Sienna: no need for all of the pleasantries boy...but it does seem that you know me...

Y/N: uh... actually...I don't really know you miss. I just hold the same respect to the white fang like my dad!

You heard an amused hum before hearing her speak again.

Sienna: I see...and who is your father?

Y/N: hm?- oh!- he's my adoptive dad! People call him Tank-

Sienna: the "Nine Tails"?...heh...so he's still around, is he?...and your his adoptive son?

For some unknown reason...you felt what you could only describe as joyful pride mixed together.

Y/N: yeah!- he's the best!- oh...oops...

Realizing you had raised your voice again, you embarrassedly reset yourself back into a nervous standing position.

Sienna: then why are you working for Roman then?...

Y/N: hm? Oh...well... I'm actually just visiting for a bit...

Sienna: oh?~... visiting for what?- if I may ask~

Y/N: well umm...it sounds kinda embarrassing...

Sienna: don't be...I for one would like to here what you have to say...

Y/N: okay...but don't laugh this time!... I'm... explorer the world to find why I want to be strong...

You didn't hear laughter...or any chuckles... instead...you got a response...

Sienna: walk with me...

Neo pov

WHERE THE HELL IS Y/N!!!???

Ok-ok-ok...let back track...

Apparently Roman didn't need anything!- he just wanted to show me some stupid funny video he found on Scroll-Tok!

I went back to the kitchen where I last saw Y/N...and low and behold, he was gone!...I shouldn't have trusted Mercury with him...

I checked almost every room around the building and somehow turned up empty.

I mean!- how hard is it to find a blind person with crystal horns!? He is a literal beacon of light if any source of light bounces off of his horns the right way!!!

I checked the make shift fight pit we had, and found out that Mercury decided it would be funny to fight the poor cinnamon bun!!!- so yes, I will be kicking his ass later!- and from what he told me. Apparently Y/N managed to impress Mercury...but when the fight was over, he just up and vanished!?

WHAT THE HELL!?

I asked anyone else around the area if they've seen a tall guy with deer antlers, and white eyes and hair!?

...and NO ONE SAW ANYTHING...

Taking in a deep breath...I walked around before eventually seeing Cinder peaking at something around a corner of containers.

Walking up to her I tapped her shoulder.

She immediately jolted into a combat stance with two of her molten blandes forming in her hands as she stared towards me.

Cinder: oh...it's you...

She rested her posture before making her blades go away.

As she did so, I looked around the same corner as she did before seeing Sienna Kahn herself, talking to someone.

Cinder: looks like the queen Tiger has met our little Faun~...

I began to grind my teeth...

How dare she get close with Y/N before I could!?

I could only watch as they both shared a short laugh before seeing Y/N agree to something.

Confused, I tried to get closer, but Cinder shot a short flame in front of me.

Cinder: now now Neo... he's here to explore...I say let him~

I shot Cinder a rude glare before looking back at Y/N with a cautious expression.

Cinder: don't worry... animals always seem to make it back to their masters~

I looked at Cinder with a surprised and offended expression.

Cinder: don't look at me that way. Your the one who put an actual leash on him~

I rolled my eyes before making my way back to the storage building.

Sienna pov

Y/N: ok, I'll go...but...I do have a request...

I looked at him interest before watching him tug on his collar...and...

Pulling out a leash!?

Y/N: p-please don't take this the wrong way!- I just don't want to get lost! I-... I've never been in a city before so...

He walked a bit closer to me before holding out the leash that connected to the collar around his neck...

Y/N: can you please...

Me: c-cant I just...hold your hand or-

Y/N: I can't do that till I'm married!- my dad said so...

Me: You-...you can't be serious...

I looked down at the leash in his hand before taking looking back at him with a concerned expression...

Me: 'maternal instincts...don't you dare make this weird!...' v-very well...

With a deep sigh...I gently picked up the leash into my hand...

My pride had felt like it had taken the biggest hit in all my years combined, but...the smile that appeared on Y/N's face...kinda made it all worth it- NO...Dammit Sienna!- nows not the time!...your literally going to be "walking" another person...

Y/N: T-thank you ma'am...

I took in a deep breath before speaking.

Me: shall we head out then?

I watched with a secret smile as Y/N face embarrassedly lit up before nodding happily...

Oh gods...

Time skip 2 hours

Y/N pov

Whoa...just... whoa...

Walking through the city... Vale, was it?...

The noise, and scent, the people...

All of it felt almost surreal!

You haven't even adjusted to the noisy facility on the docks, but this?...

Wow...

If there was one word, you could describe the areas you had visited this far...

The forest would be: Calm...

The wearhouse would be: Crude

The city however:...Bright...

There was a strange sensation of community and harmony within the people around you. And though you felt somewhat disconnected from them...you felt as if they could accept you!

In fact, you found it hard to focus on following Sienna by how much your mind and body wanted to wonder.

With Sienna both guiding you, and describing the world around you, you felt as if you were in a massive maze filled with buildings that touched the skies.

Sienna: are you enjoying yourself Y/N?

You looked towards the sound of Sienna's voice before gleefully nodding.

Y/N: I didn't know that a place like this could exist!

You heard her chuckle before hearing her speak again.

Sienna: we are about to stop by the park, let's rest there for a moment...

You hummed in agreement before feeling the collar get tugged slightly to the left.

Admittedly, you felt somewhat embarrassed by the motion of being pulled around by a leash in public, but you honestly didn't mind... except for the fact that you could literally feel the eyes of others watching you.

I mean...

The leader of the white fang was pulling around a blind guy with a collar and leash...the fact that no one was stopping you, or mentioning the fact was somewhat of a blessing.

Though it wasn't long until the air around you had become somewhat more distant...was this the park?

You felt the ground underneath your feet go from side walk pavement to a  walkway like texture before hearing the laughing of children and the whistling of birds.

Y/N: oh!- are we at the park now!?

You heard a slight chuckle from Sienna before hearing her speak.

Sienna: very perceptive...yes, we are here now... Come, sit down here...

Sienna gently guided you onto a bench to sit on before feeling her stand in front of you.

Sienna: well, what do you think?

You smiled upwardly at her with a glad smile before responding.

Y/N: it's great! I'm actually surprised that there was a quiet park to rest here...

Sienna hummed in agreement before speaking again. But right before she could utter a word...

*Stomach growl*...

Y/N: I-.... I-I'm sorry...

You heard sienna stifle a laugh.

Y/N: H-hey, don't laugh!- I haven't eaten since I got on the ride here!

You heard the ending stifled chuckles from Sienna before hearing speak through small fits of laughter.

Sienna: here, stay put for a bit. I'm going to get us some food.

You huffed a pout before hearing her footsteps get further and further away.

Once she left however, you had a chance to really take in your surroundings.

Though as time gently passed by like sand shifting beneath your feet...Sienna hadn't come back yet...

It had only been 30 minutes...or 3 hours...kind of hard when you can't tell or see a clock.

But you could tell that it was getting dark. Seeing as the sun was no longer bearing down on you.

Strange...

Deciding to try and make your way back, you stood up from the bench before holding your walking stick in front of you, but just as you stood u-

???: Ah!-

You felt some one bump into you.

You quickly lost your balance before falling onto the concrete path beneath you.

???: Oh my- I'm so sorry!...

A female voice...

You didn't really mind being tripped up, but you were in fact more confused and hurt.

But in your confusion, you began to take notice of the person that had bumped into you.

Heavy breathing, rushed words, and hesitant...were they running away from something?

The woman in question quickly bent down to you aid before helping you sit back on the bench.

???: Dammit...I am so sorry- are you hurt?

Y/N: n-no, I'm fine...are you?

???: What?- uh, yeah, I'm fine. Look, I need to go-

Y/N: what's the hurry?

???: N-nothing, I'm just-

Y/N: running away from something?

???: How did you-...what?

You scooted over to the side of the bench before offering a seat.

???: No, I'm sorry but I-

You smiled at her before speaking.

Y/N: and let you run into more people?

???: Look in sorry, but...

You opens your eyes to look in the direction of the lady.

Y/N: with how hard your panting, I guess you've probably gotten far enough from whatever your trying to get away from...unless you have people chasing you that is...

???: N-no...

Y/N: then just sit for a bit...

There was a small pause between the two of you...and a long pause of silence...

But it wasn't long until you heard her sit down next to you.

Y/N: okay...now let's start over. Hi!- I'm Y/N...

???: Blake...

You piped up at the finally mentioning of her name.

Y/N: hi Blake! Would you like to tell me why your running around?

Blake: look...we just met, ok?- I...I don't need to tell you anything...

You looked over to her with a concerned and confused expression before speaking again.

Y/N: but...you look like you need to get something off your chest...

Blake: ok,  who are you to judge what I need?!

Y/N: since you made a blind guy trip and fall out of neglect?

Blake: right...*sigh*...

Y/N: I'm a good listener you know...kinda the few things I'm left to use, but hey!- I'm all ears...

There was a short pause until you heard Blake speak again...

Blake: I...it seems like everywhere I go...I either have to hide myself amongst my friends, or leave a problem to get worse...

You hummed in acknowledgement before speaking again.

Y/N: well?...which one was it this time?

Blake: kinda...both...I hid the truth from my friends, and probably made a problem worse than what it should be...

You faced the parks open air before speaking again.

Y/N: were you afraid?

Blake: yeah...

Y/N: are you still afraid after running away?

Blake: no...I'm actually kinda annoyed...

Y/N: then...do you think you can fix it?

Blake: I-... I don't know...

Y/N: then slow down a bit more. One step at a time!

Blake: hmph...you sound like my team leader...she has the same bright mind set like you...

Y/N: heh heh- I can't help it! I love seeing the good side of things! Even when things are at their worst, and you feel like you've taken 2 steps back! It's just another moment to learn and take in from!

You heard Blake give out a heart filled chuckle before hearing her stand up.

Blake: I-...I needed this...thank you        Y/N...your a good guy, you know that?

You smiled and faced Blake with open eyes.

Y/N: thanks!- and your welcome! Oh! and don't worry about keeping a secret from me. You'll always be a friend to me!

You swore you could almost sense Blake smiling before hearing her speak up once more.

Blake: thanks...you don't really know how much that actually means to me...oh, do you have a way I can contact you?

You shook your head before pointing to your horns.

Y/N: no, sorry. But it's kinda hard to miss these though, right? If you see me, just walk next to me and say your name!...I uh...I get startled easily...

Blake: I'll keep that in mind when I see you again....but...do you think th-

Just before Blake finished her sentence, you sensed another presence nearby

Sienna: Y/N!!!

Y/N: hmm?- Ah! Sienna!- hey Blake, wanna meet Sienna? She's the leader of the white fang, and she's helping me explore Vale for a bit. If you want, you ca-

You heard Sienna come closer before interrupting your sentence.

Sienna: Y/N?...who are you talking to?

Y/N: to my new friend!- she knocked my over a few moments ago, but we made up!

Sienna: I see...are they invisible?

Y/N: what?- what kind of question is that? She's-

You reached to the area Blake had stood in front of you before looking absolutely dumfounded.

Y/N: right...here?...huh?

Sienna: might've been your imagination playing tricks on you...well...it is after all my fault for leaving you here for so long.

Y/N: i-its fine, but...where did she go...

Your mind wondered where Blake could've gone, but you smiled knowing that she knew that you were a friend.

Y/N: anyways, what kept you?

Sienna placed a wrapped sandwich in your hand before speaking up while sitting down next to you.

Sienna: went to a restaurant to pick up some food for us. Got noticed by some authorities, and was almost arrested. Paid for the food and ran away from the cops before getting a call about some problems with the rate of work getting done at the wearhouse. And lastly, had to shake off the authorities again, because apparently my self-defense weapon of choice is "technically" illegal...

Y/N: oh....are you okay?

You heard Sienna let out a sigh before speaking

Sienna: eh...I'll be fine...how about you?- you've been here this entire time.

You unwrapped your sandwich before taking a bite

Ham, pickles, mustard, mayonnaise, lettuce, bacon bits, and whole wheat bread...

You hummed in glory before speaking with your mouth full.

Y/N: ah hmffms fmmm (I was fine)

You cleared your mouth before speaking properly.

Y/N: ah, sorry. I was fine. I was just taking in my surroundings for a bit was all.

Sienna: I see...once you finish your meal, I'll take you back over, ok?

You hummed as you had already taken another glorious bite of your sandwich.

Time skip

After a nice meal, and a relatively peaceful walk back. Sienna, with leash in hand guided you back to the docks.

She guided you to the entrance of the facility before facing you in the direction of the inner mechanisms of the building.

Sienna: sorry that the trip ended short at the park Y/N.

Y/N: it's ok!- I had fun!

Sienna: till next time then...

You heard her leave off into the night before feeling someone tackle you.

Y/N: ah!

You almost fell, but you managed to stand you ground...why did it feel so light?...

Y/N: Neo!?

You felt an affirming two tapps on your chest before immediately feeling your leash get tugged.

You instinctively followed Neo as she guided you through the building

Corky: fun stuff! Also 2K YEAH!!!

Thanks you guys! Now then

TIME FOR YOUR CHOICES!!!!

1. Who will we fight? ( This fight will be on the docks)

A. Penny. (Flying blender)

B. Blake. (Catto with a Glocko)

C. Sun. (Shot gun monkey)

D. (Your choice)

2. What happens ( this will drastically change the story)

A. Win? (How...in a revenge sense?)

B. Lose? (How...in a "I can't do this sense"?)

3. What happens next?

A. Get taken to Beacon (meet the Oz)

B. Pulled out of the docks (rescued by Roman)

C. Taken with Penny (taken in for further research)

D. Your choice (be careful~)

Do we meet anyone?

A. Yes (who?)

B. No (who?)

Anything gained?

A. Yes (what?: power, object, info, tool)

B. No

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 3K 16
(Y/N), The Greatest Huntsman of All Time, have been a hero to everyone in Remnant for quite some time now. Your militaristic training and ideals has...
231K 1.7K 16
(Y/N) is a student at Beacon but he isn't human nor a Faunus instead he is a half demon. He wasn't treated nicely by team RWBY except for Ruby, team...
31.5K 525 12
A request from ARCtrooper70. The General plot is the following which may or may not be tweak: Male Ruby Rose but in the Grimmverse AU. Starts with...
38.1K 285 10
Y/N L/N has lost an eye but isn't alone Neo is helping you along but how will you both survive this cold world? Recommended that you read Abused N...