The Rise To Power; A Smallvil...

By CosplayCopia

The aftermath of Lex's possession by Zod left the Luthors disheveled, to say the least. With Tyla's powers go... More

Zod
Sneeze
Wilt
Guardian
Reunification
Outcome
Tranquility
Stationary
Concealed
Hydro
Justice
Red
Intrusion
Potential
Adversary
Architype

Struggle

17 2 2
By CosplayCopia

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contain from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Mornings at the Luthor Mansion were oddly different as of late. The silence was simply quiet reflection instead of intense loneliness for Lex. With the light hitting the window, something that used to annoy him only brought him more relaxation. Lex fluttered his eyes open, rubbing his eyes as if he could rid the fatigue before he turned to see his sleeping beauty next to him. He could barely remember the night of her birthday. It was almost embarrassing that the blonde partier was the more sober one of the two. With constant reassurance, Tyla simply chalked it up that she was drunk on the love that her friends had given her. He glanced at the far wall behind her, their masks and clothes discarded. He at least remembered what happened after the party. He leaned over and kissed her forehead, stirring her awake. "Good morning gorgeous," he murmured, wrapping his arm around her naked stomach. "How did the two of you sleep?" He planted a kiss on her shoulder and trailed down her arm.

"Mmmm...I think she was kicking," she mumbled, making him pause. They didn't know that for sure, but Tyla's friends could swear that she was going to give birth to a girl. "Or maybe I drank too much of that sparkling juice."

Lex shook his head slowly, chuckling. "Maybe...." He pondered. "I was thinking, would it too much to organize a baby-moon?"

"A what?" Tyla raised an eyebrow and started to laugh.

"Something before the baby comes. It's going to be very different when-"

"Lex, I can't exactly fly across the country right now."

"I own a yacht, you know." He gave her another kiss before he leaned back to watch her frame as she got up from the bed, laughing. Suddenly, she stopped. Lex looked over at her, questionably. She had looked down at herself, her hands splayed to her belly. "Ty?"

She then gasped in pain. "Lex?" She fell to her knees as she felt a pain shoot to her stomach. "Oh no...please," she started to beg. "Please no." She moaned in pain, trying not to writhe.

"Tyla?!?" He all but threw the covers back and jumped to her side. He wrapped his arms around her. "Tyla. Oh my god..."

Tyla lowered her hand. Was she giving birth? It's too early. She tried to feel her cervix but when she looked at her fingers, they were covered with blood. "There's something wrong," she gasped, feeling pain all over again.

He looked down at her legs, she was dripping with blood. He looked over towards their door, hoping his security would come. "Somebody help me!" He yelled as she curled against him in pain. "Someone!"

She closed her eyes but all she saw was black and red.

****

Tyla woke up in a coughing fit, dazed and unsure where she was. She was by herself in a room, the faint scent of ammonia filled her nose. She looked around, finding the hospital garb around her and the itchy fabrics of the hospital bed annoying her. She gasped and pushed the covers off her. She splayed her fingers over her stomach, it didn't feel heavy...or in pain. "Lex?!" She shrieked. "Lex!!"

Lex was just outside her room in the hallway when he heard her. He was just talking to Dr. Harden when he heard her screaming out to him. He turned around and opened the door, running in. "Tyla!" He came, rushing to her side. She reached out to him. "I'm here, honey. I'm right here."

"Wha-what's happening?" She looked from her husband to her doctor, then tried to get up.

"You need to rest, Mrs. Luthor," Dr. Harden protested. "Your body's been through a lot."

She paused. "What? What are you talking about?" She stood up, moving away from Lex, who was trying to coax her gently back to the back. She glanced over to her doctor....who looked off.

Dr. Harden looked over to Lex who shared a small look of concern. "You're going to be fine but...we need to talk about what happened. It's better if you sit down."

"I don't want to sit. I want to know if my baby is alright," Tyla exclaimed. Lex reached over to hold her hand. He knew that she was going to need it soon.

Dr. Harden sighed. "I have to ask if you've been taking any medication since you've been pregnant," she replied softly. All Tyla did was shake her head.

"She just had the vitamins," Lex said, slowly. He was repeating what he was speaking with the doctor about before she woke up. "It's been herbal tea and vitamins. That doesn't cause her to just pass out like that."

Dr. Harden cleared her throat. "We found an extreme amount of misoprostol and mifepristone in your system," she started to say. "It's used to block cortisol among other things. Now given the stressful job you have I can understand migraines forming-"

"I've never taken either of those. You...know that!" Tyla said. "What are you trying to tell me?"She hadn't been working as much either.

Lex pressed his lips together and then looked back towards her doctor. "Could you give us a minute?" He asked, trying to move Tyla away from Dr. Harden, slightly worried that she was going to strike her.

The doctor nodded. "Take all the time you need," she said before she walked out of the room.

Tyla watched her before she turned to Lex. "Lex.... please. What's going on?" Fear rushed into her. "Is our baby alright?"

He took a deep breath and motioned her to come sit on the bed with him. "You had all these drugs in your system that you were on the verge of overdosing," he said. He watched as Tyla's look of disbelief turned into sheer fear. She knew the news that was coming. "They had to pump your stomach in order for you to be alive."

"Lex," she whimpered.

"Ty, it was either you or the baby but at this stage, they're too young to be brought to the world," he choked back tears. "We lost the baby."

"No...you're lying, Lex. You're lying," she started to sob. "That's not true, we're due for an ultrasound."

"Tyla, honey...we lost the baby." He repeated the words, trying to get her to understand that there was no ultrasound to be done.

Tyla broke down. "No!" She cried out. She felt a wave of grief overcome her as Lex pulled her to a hug. "It can't be!"

"I'm so sorry, Tyla! I'm so sorry," Lex held her close, uncaring of his own tears now forming down his face.

"Why?" She screamed, repeating the word over and over until her voice was hoarse from the crying.

*****

Lex knocked on the door to the nursery. It was dark, no sign of movement, just the silhouette of his somber wife sitting on the floor looking down at the bluebird blanket. It had been a couple of weeks that she had been in the nursery. She must have slept here. He hadn't seen her since. In fact, with the grieving that they were doing, they hadn't put much effort to sending any files towards Chloe. A part of him wanted to push forward with the work but in the back of his mind, he heard her voice telling him that sometimes all anyone would need is time and patience. Which is what he subjected himself to. But this was a very different Tyla than what he was used to.

"I...brought some fried rice," he said, sounding pathetic. In his hand was a small bowl of basil chicken fried rice. She had to eat, he was pretty sure that she hadn't left this room. "I can't guarantee its flavor. You're the cook in this family." He instantly regretted saying the word family. He wasn't sure what her reaction would be.

By all Tyla did was look up towards him. "Thanks," she replied, softly but it was a very distant tone.

He approached her, cautiously after turning on the nightlight. The room filled up with stars. He knelt down next to her. Now that he was near her, he could see that she was still crying. "I wish I had the words to say anything else than "I'm sorry"," he said, lifting the plate to her.

Tyla looked down at it and picked at the food with a fork. She took one bite. "No one has the words." It was a piercing accusation but not directed to anyone specific.

Lex nodded, watching her try to eat the rice. He couldn't tell if it was because it was bad or that she wasn't hungry. There was no expression on her face. "I called your friends in National City. Would it be a good idea to go see them?"

She placed a hand on her stomach, as if she was still not grasping the truth. "I can't fly." She spoke. 

The words pierced Lex. She was still thinking that somehow, their child was still in her, making her not want to take the jet. "They can come here," he offered. "Would you like that?"

"I don't know."

He sighed, making himself a little more comfortable. Maybe he would fly them over here. Tyla needed all the friendly faces that she could get. He leaned back against the wall, staring at the crib in front of him. "You know I don't blame you for any of it, do you?" He tilted his head to the side to see if she heard him.

"You don't but I do," she picked at a piece of chicken. "I'm a terrible person."

"Ty...you said that you didn't take any medication. When they pumped your stomach...it was just chemicals, not pills."

"So, I'm a terrible and neglectful person."

"No Tyla, you're neither of those."

"I let it happen."

"How could you have prevented this?"

Tyla stayed silent. She didn't know what she could have done. She didn't know how it even started. She sniffed, putting the plate on her lap and she wiped a tear from her eye. "Lex, why is all this happening?" She finally looked at him. Her eyes pleading for some answers. "I have to know...if I'm in any state to ever have children with you," she whispered.

"Tyla, you are. That baby had no complications at the last visit."

"But I lost our baby. I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, Tyla." He repeat this over and over again if he needed to.

"Then I want to have a complete check up."

"Done," he reached up to wipe another tear threatening to fall down the side of her face. "But they're going to tell me what I already know."

Tyla gave him an uneasy look as he held onto her hand. "Which is what?"

"That you're a very healthy addition to my life in a sea of...whatever you want to call my life." He gave her a worried smile. "I will do whatever I can to help make the pain go away. Just tell me what to do. What's the first step?"

Tyla swallowed hard and tried to smile. It came out as a tearful laugh. "Well...you can show me what you did to make this," she said as she wiped her tears. "It's terrible."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773 36 24
That night at the penthouse was not the first time Clark met Oliver Queen. He has met him before but he just doesn't remember where or when. But as t...
Pieces By Cece

Fanfiction

1.6K 105 23
The Rise To Power; A Smallville Saga {Part 3} A rocky road had revealed in front of Lex Luthor but at least, he was not one without his Miracle Angel...
Fortress By Cece

Fanfiction

1.6K 113 19
The Rise To Power; A Smallville Saga {Part 2} From unexpected to unpredictable; It had been three months since Tyla had heard the news that Lex was d...
3K 94 37
TRIGGER WARNING! THIS STORY HAS A LOT OF TALK OF RAPE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT: If yo don't feel comfortable reading this then by all means skip past this...