Pokemon: Dreams Come True

Door WellThisIsPointless

The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was reno... Meer

Prologue: Why I Hate Them
Chapter 1: Rejection
Chapter 2: Terror
Chapter 3: Rekindle
Chapter 4: True Beginning
Chapter 5: Moment of Truth
Chapter 6: New Trainer
Chapter 7: A Journey
Chapter 8: Conflict
Chapter 9: Trouble in Viridian Forest
Chapter 10: Two Siblings
Chapter 11: Catching Ralts Part 1
Chapter 12: Catching Ralts Part 2
Chapter 13: A Heartfelt Discussion
Chapter 14: Pewter City, At Last
Chapter 15: Pewter City Gym Part 1
Chapter 16: Pewter City Gym Part 2
Chapter 17: The Thing I Wanted To Forget
Chapter 18: Aerodactyl's Rage
Chapter 19: Mega Bonds
Chapter 20: Ass Ketchup
Chapter 21: Ambiguous
Chapter 22: Showdown at Mount Moon
Chapter 23: Bitter Hatred
Chapter 24: Misty Waters
Chapter 25: Revenge Seeker
Chapter 26: Gym Battle of the Crashing Wave
Chapter 27: Path to Vermillion
Chapter 28: The Hunt
Chapter 29: For Hire
Chapter 30: Surging Gym Battle
Chapter 31: The Dawn of a New Beginning
Chapter 32: Eerie Whispers
Chapter 33: Colossal Problems
Chapter 34: Chills
Chapter 35: Ghostly Chaos
Chapter 36: What Once Was
Chapter 37: Unwelcome Reunion
Chapter 38: Spectacle
Chapter 39: Darken
Chapter 41: Vali Hates His Life
Chapter 42: Ferocious Hatchling and Overgrown Gym Battle
Chapter 43: Remembrance
Chapter 44: Remembrance Part 2
Chapter 45: Miracles of Evolution
Chapter 46: Rift
Chapter 47: Underground City
Chapter 48: Discovery
Chapter 49: Shadow Garden
Chapter 50: Growth
Chapter 51: Bounty Hunter
Chapter 52: Piece of the Puzzle
Chapter 53: Toxic Gym Battle

Chapter 40: Hail the Nightmare

609 20 83
Door WellThisIsPointless

Darkrai faced me with an almost foreign expression. Nothing but glistering voids were displayed in its eyes. The look was enough to send pangs of nervousness down me like dark lances.

But not even my nervousness was enough to drown out the fires of my rage that burned evermore.

At that moment the nightmares I endured were present in my mind once more, showing me the horrors that were burned into my consciousness, the waking dreams reminding me of my anger. It could not dispel my unending vehemence.

"So you're back," I growled. "After all this time."

Darkrai said nothing, merely staring at me with that same hollow look.

"Then let's do this, fucker," I said, pulling out my Poke Balls. I looked at Eevee. "Battle with me, girl."

"Vee," Eevee nodded grimly, hopping off my shoulder.

"Vali, do you really mean to fight Darkrai?" Granny Carolina said, glaring at Darkrai.

"What does it look like?" I scoffed. "I've been waiting for this moment for nearly eight years."

"But it's dangerous—"

"So what?" I interrupted her. "Danger always follows me, so I'll have to answer it in kind."

"Leave," I said to Granny. "I'll deal with this."

She grimaced. "Fine. But don't get overconfident."

"I never get overconfident," I assured.

Granny Carolina shook her head as if she couldn't believe what I was doing, then briefly walked out of the room.

It was time to Hail the Nightmare.

"Come out!" I threw out Kirlia, Hattrem, and Gengar.

The three looked at Darkrai with grim determination.

Darkrai merely waved its hand and shot a Dark Void.

"Hattrem, you know what to do."

Hattrem jumped in front of the Dark Void, deflecting the orb of inky darkness.

Darkrai grunted and launched a wave of darkness, easily slicing through the Dark Void. The Dark Pulse continued its path undeterred.

"Kirlia, Disarming Voice!"

Kirlia jumped in the way and sung, shooting out a wave of pinkish energy that was mixed with musical notes. The Disarming Voice collided with the Dark Pulse and exploded.

"Teleport and Disarming Voice again!"

Kirlia appeared in front of an unsuspecting Darkrai, blasting it point-blank with Disarming Voice. It didn't flinch at all as it shot a Dark Void, putting Kirlia to sleep. A mere moment later, Darkrai struck the sleeping Kirlia with a Shadow Ball, flinging her limp body away.

I winced. "Hattrem, Mystical Fire," I ordered, mentally apologizing to Granny.

"Trem!" Hattrem conjured spectral tongues of flames that streamed at Darkrai, who used Psychic to split it in two, rendering it ineffective.

"Eevee, Quick Attack!"

Eevee jumped over the Mystical Fire and Psychic, striking Darkrai in the chest, knocking it backward. The attack broke Darkrai's concentration and allowed the Mystical Fire to continue, hitting it directly.

My anger was burning in overdrive.

It came back. It came back to torment me once more.

I felt my entire body shaking with unbridled rage, my vision becoming blurry. In the corner of my mind, I saw everything that Darkrai showed me, only serving to stoke the flames even more. I felt crimson splatter my vision.

Darkrai retaliated by shooting a Dark Void at Eevee while I was distracted by my thoughts and hit her, putting her to sleep.

By this time, Kirlia woke up and leapt at Darkrai.

"Psychic!" I bellowed.

Kirlia turned to me with a confused look. The distraction was enough for Darkrai to bash her away with its own Psychic.

Wait, why had I ordered Kirlia to use Psychic?

My breath ran ragged. I couldn't think straight; the rage was too much.

Giratina had said something to me, warning me about this very prospect.

"What I'm trying to say is that... my Chosen Ones end up being led astray by my influence."

That's what it meant. All the negative emotions welling up inside of its Chosen Ones are exacerbated by its own influence. Greed, anger, envy—all of that was made worse by Giratina's influence. Being its Chosen One compels you in the worst ways possible. That's why my supposed ancestors became the way they were—because they couldn't handle being Giratina's Chosen One.

In my reverie, Darkrai managed to hit Gengar, Kirlia, and Eevee—who had woken up—away with Dark Pulse.

I was failing them. But how do I stop? All I felt was my ire and my vindictiveness. All I felt was my—

Then Hattrem slapped me, snapping me out of my frenzied state.

"Hattrem!" she chided, pointing one of her braids to my Pokemon, who were getting demolished by Darkrai.

I took a deep breath, calming myself down. "You're right... you're... I'm sorry."

"Hat," she nodded grimly, before turning back to Darkrai.

"I'm sorry guys," I said softly. "But now I'm myself again."

My Pokemon backed away from Darkrai, who eyed us all blankly. They looked at me with determined looks, nodding.

"Right," I said, my head cleared. "Let's try this again. Eevee, Swift!"

Eevee jumped up and flicked her tail at Darkrai, shooting a stream of stars. Darkrai merely floated to the side and shot a Dark Void at Eevee, who was still airborne.

"Kirlia, Teleport! Eevee, Mimic the Dark Void!"

Kirlia grabbed Hattrem and teleported in front of Eevee, holding Hattrem in front of her. The Dark Void was deflected back at Darkrai, who raised its hand to counter it.

"Gengar, Sucker Punch!"

Gengar's figure flashed as he appeared in front of Darkrai and punched it, staggering it. Then he jumped to the side, allowing the Dark Void to hit it, making it fall asleep.

"Gengar, spam Shadow Ball! Kirlia, Disarming Voice! Hattrem, Dazzling Gleam! Eevee, Swift!"

My Pokemon, despite being injured, kept launching their respective moves, all of them hitting Darkrai, who immediately woke up and shook off the damage. It fired multiple Dark Voids that purposely missed Hattrem and hit everyone else.

With a vulgar oath, I turned my attention to Hattrem. "You're going have to stall for time."

Hattrem nodded but said nothing. "Mystical Fire!" I ordered.

She sent a wave of magical flames that coursed through the air violently. Darkrai floated to the side, completely dodging it.

"Dazzling Gleam!"

Hattrem jumped to the direction that Darkrai dodged in, nailing it with a powerful Dazzling Gleam that knocked it back three feet.

Darkrai grunted and fired a Dark Pulse.

"Protect!"

Hattrem surrounded herself with a barrier that blocked the Dark Pulse but shattered on impact. Darkrai took advantage of this and hit Hattrem with a Shadow Ball so strong that she was blasted backward into a wall, where she laid limp, unconscious.

"Shit!" I cursed, returning Hattrem. She got defeated so easily. My mistake caused them to take a lot of damage.

Kirlia, Gengar, and Eevee all woke up. Hattrem had sacrificed herself so that they could wake up.

"Right," I muttered, looking at Darkrai. The black mass looked at me with a dark expression, nothing but contempt in its features. "Kirlia, use Disarming Voice!"

Kirlia, using her nimble speed, quickly covered the distance between her and Darkrai, hitting it with Disarming Voice.

Darkrai was about to use a Dark Void now that Hattrem was knocked out, but I interrupted it by saying, "Gengar, Sucker Punch!"

"Gen, Gen, Gen," Gengar snickered sinisterly at Darkrai, punching it before it could fire Dark Void.

"Eevee, Quick Attack and Dark Void!"

Eevee charged through Gengar, who was obviously unaffected by it, and ran up in front of Darkrai, firing a Dark Void, successfully putting it to sleep.

"Gengar, spam Dream Eater! Kirlia, use Disarming Voice! Eevee, get ready to use Dark Void when it wakes up!"

The three of them nodded and got to work. Gengar absorbed Darkrai's energy as it slept. Kirlia struck it with Disarming Voice. And Eevee prepared to use Dark Void again.

I'd noticed that the three of them were more damaged than before after they were relieved of Dark Void. But I didn't see Darkrai use Dream Eater.

I took out my Rotom Phone and scanned Darkrai.

"Darkrai, the Pitch-Black Pokémon. Legend has it that on a moonless night, Darkrai will lure people to sleep and unleash nightmares upon them.

I checked its Ability. What I saw made my eyes widen.

"Bad Dreams, Darkrai's Ability. Bad Dreams damages its sleeping opponents."

"Damn it, it can hurt the Pokemon it puts to sleep," I grimaced.

"Rai!" a voice interrupted my thoughts. Darkrai had suddenly woke up and raised its hand, intent of smiting my Pokemon.

"Vee!" Eevee yapped, firing a Dark Void at Darkrai, who was swallowed by the shadows.

"It has Shadow Sneak, too?"

Darkrai appeared behind Kirlia and struck her in the back, knocking her to the ground. It finished her off by shooting her with a Shadow Ball, knocking her out.

I winced as I returned Kirlia, suddenly realizing our chances of winning were virtually nonexistent. It's all gone to shit so quickly.

Eevee and Gengar were the only ones of my Pokemon that remained. Despite our hopeless situation, they remained steadfast instead of allowing themselves to succumb to their fear.

I couldn't use Golurk because it would destroy the entire research center. And I would have used Kirlia to Teleport all of us to a safe location where I could use Golurk without limitation, but she was unconscious.

I was surprised none of the researchers barged in here after they heard the commotion. Then I realized that Darkrai probably put them to sleep as well.

"Eevee, Quick Attack!"

With a sudden burst of speed, Eevee sped at Darkrai, who fired a Dark Void at her.

"Dodge it!"

Eevee suddenly weaved to the left, avoiding the Dark Void, before slamming into Darkrai, who was knocked backward.

"Gengar, Shadow Ball!"

Gengar flanked Darkrai and struck it with a Shadow Ball, to which it retaliated with a quick Dark Pulse, knocking him away.

"Eevee, Swift!"

Eevee flicked a stream of stars at Darkrai, hitting it point-blank. But Darkrai didn't flinch at all as it bashed Eevee away with a Psychic, smashing her into a table. Her body became rigid, signifying that she took too much damage and was rendered unconscious.

Gengar's eyes flicked over to the unconscious Eevee, suddenly realizing it was just him. Clenching my fists, I returned Eevee into her Poke Ball.

"Goddamnit!" I cursed. "Why the fuck does every battle have to be a struggle?"

I turned to Gengar. "It's up to you now... unless..."

I remembered something crucial. Something that could turn the tides of this fight.

Gengar's eyes widened as he realized what I was thinking.

I slipped my hand into my pocket and pulled out my Marshadium-Z. Darkrai watched me with grim curiosity.

Bringing the Z-Crystal up high, I concentrated my thoughts into it.

"Marshadow! I need your help!"

As if answering my call, shadows began to wrap around the Z-Crystal, writhing around it like rampaging wraiths, casting umbral manifestations upon the room.

From the shadows, something appeared.

It was Marshadow.

"I'm here," it said, still looking at Darkrai, who glared at it.

"Did you come to torment my master again?" Marshadow asked with a steely tone.

Darkrai gave no answer.

"Then you give me no choice."

"Marshadow, Shadow Sneak!"

Marshadow slipped into the shadows, appearing in front of Darkrai.

"Close Combat!"

With rapid punches, Marshadow barraged Darkrai, bashing it backward with incredible force.

"Iron Head!"

Marshadow's head gained a metallic sheen as it struck Darkrai in the chest, knocking it away.

Darkrai grunted and fired a Psychic, hitting Marshadow directly.

"Outrage! Gengar, Shadow Ball!"

Gengar sniped Darkrai with Shadow Ball, which gave Marshadow a window to hammer Darkrai with powerful blows, being cloaked in a purple aura.

Darkrai interrupted the stream of attacks with Shadow Ball, blasting Marshadow backward. Then it struck Gengar with a Dark Pulse, knocking him out right then and there.

"Damn it," I returned Gengar, hands shaking with fury.

Darkrai shook its head with disappointment and derision. It was making fun of us.

Then I realized why it was here: to toy with me. It was never here to challenge us, but to play with us. It was holding back this entire time.

That thought brought me even more rage. "Marshadow Shadow Sneak and Close Combat!"

Marshadow appeared in front of Darkrai and unleashed a series of brutal blows that struck Darkrai all around its body. But Darkrai didn't budge an inch, taking the attack like it was nothing. Looking bored, it lackadaisically waved its hand, putting Marshadow to sleep with a Dark Void that was much faster than before.

Just like that it defeated my entire team.

"I have no choice," I muttered, taking out Golurk's Poke Ball.

But a wave of force slapped the ball out of my hand. I looked up and realized that Darkrai was standing in front of me, wagging his finger as if saying, "No, no, no."

I suddenly felt like that little kid again with Darkrai standing in front of me with that bone-chilling expression

"A Gible jumped in front of me..."

"No!" a scream tore out of my throat as I clawed my face, shaking uncontrollably. Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT!

Darkrai suddenly chuckled. It a was deep, sinister chuckle with nothing but sadism and the enjoyment of inflicting suffering upon others present in its tone. It laughed at my misery, relishing it.

I fell on one knee, the feeling of powerlessness coursing through me once more.

A mocking voice appeared in my head.

"You foolish pawn of Giratina. Do you think that you could be something?" Darkrai eerily chuckled again. "You are an outcast. The Forsaken can do nothing but fail. The Chosen Ones of Arceus will always defeat you—it is your wyrd. It is an infinite cycle that will never be broken, no matter how determined you might be. The ones chosen by Giratina always fail and fail and fail. What makes you think you will be different?"

Its grin widened at my terrified expression.

"I am not even your strongest enemy and yet look how you fall. You are the Forsaken, the one who cannot escape his pitiful fate," it laughed again. "I could kill you now, but where's the fun in that?"

"Where's your motivation?" Darkrai asked, turning its back on me.

Darkness engulfed Darkrai and, without another word, it disappeared into the eerie energy, leaving no trace of its existence.

Shaken up, I bent down and picked up Golurk's Poke Ball, my body aquiver.

It's happened again. Nothing has changed. Why the fuck was I so weak?

For once I wished I was the Chosen One of Arceus.

My fear transmuted into anger once more, but it was more controlled. Bitterness welled up inside of me, but I refused to succumb to it. I wouldn't make the same mistake again. Nothing but defiance and outrage suffused through my body, determination acting as the medium.

No, determination wasn't the right word.

I wanted to get stronger—to gain power at any cost.

Now I'm a little motivated.

***

After my spur of motivation, I walked to Marshadow and made sure it was alright. It woke up, damaged, but okay. I let out a breath of relief.

"I'm sorry, all of you," I said softly to Marshadow and my Poke Balls. "Even if our loss was inevitable, I still shouldn't have lost control like that. It was my fault, not yours..."

As someone once said, there are no such thing as weak Pokemon, just weak Trainers. I was a weak Trainer.

But I was going to change that. I had to change that.

Marshadow shook its head. "You aren't weak. You are stronger than you could imagine. That potential just needs to be nurtured. You wouldn't have been chosen by Arceus's Shadow otherwise. Battling runs in your blood."

I nodded, taking the words to heart. "At least you managed to do some damage to Darkrai; that's something, at least."

"But not enough," Marshadow said solemnly.

"No, not enough," I agreed.

"There's nothing else attacking you," Marshadow said, "so I must go."

"I understand."

"It's a good thing you didn't bring out Golurk. It's powerful, yes, but it wouldn't have made a difference in the end. It would only result in the destruction of the building."

I looked around the trashed room. "At least we were able to mitigate the damage."

"Yes. This was the most preferable outcome."

I looked at Marshadow and smiled slightly. "Well, I'll see you later, Marshadow."

It nodded. "Take care. Should you need my aid again, I'll heed your call."

With that, Marshadow disappeared into the waking shadows, leaving me in an empty room.

The ambience became silent once more.

In that moment, Granny Carolina burst into the room. "Vali! What happened?"

"I'm fine, Granny," I assured her. "I managed to fend off Darkrai," I lied. I hadn't done anything. It only let me live because it amused it.

She sighed in relief. "Good. I began to worry after..." she shook her head. "No, it's best not to dwell on that. You're fine, that's all that matters."

Tension relieved, my shoulders relaxed, and my breath began like normal. I had to leave, I couldn't stay here. Training my Pokemon had to become my top priority.

"I have to go," I said to Granny.

"What? Already?" she inquired. "We have yet to have a full discussion."

"There's nothing left to discuss," I said impatiently. "We have only one piece of fact, while everything else is purely speculation. I have to go back to Kanto and report to Professor Cerise. There are some things I have to answer for."

Granny Carolina shook her head. "I know you won't like what I say, but you sound just like your mother. She was always impatient and refused to sit idly."

"You're right, I don't like that comparison," I agreed.

"Well, I guess there's nothing left to talk about, then," she concluded.

To my surprise, I hugged her, which seemed to astonish her as well.

"Take care, Grandson," she said, smiling.

"You too, Granny," I said, before pulling away and heading out

***

As I walked out, the effects of Darkrai's Dark Void were evident in the faces of the researchers. Their countenances were groggy, as if they had woken up from a long nap. They seemed confused as to what had happened.

Celestic Town was as peaceful as ever. Not even the waves of unease could deter the sense of tranquility the town radiated.

But I had no time to admire abstract beauty. No, I had something I had to do: grow stronger.

I walked into the Pokemon Center and rushed straight to the counter before Nurse Joy could utter her signature welcome.

"I need you to heal these," I placed the Poke Balls of my fainted Pokemon on the counter.

"Are you—"

I cut her off impatiently. "Yes, I am Cynthia's son. Now please heal my Pokemon—I'm in a hurry and they're badly injured."

Nurse Joy nodded seriously. "Right away."

I waited thirty minutes until Nurse Joy notified me that my Pokemon are all healed. I thanked her and took my Poke Balls, strapping them to my belt and rushing out of the Pokemon Center.

I wasn't going to head back to Kanto right away. I had another idea.

I needed more Pokemon.

***

Golurk was like a jet as it flew over the various towns and cities in Sinnoh. I scanned around the area, looking for a Pokemon I could catch. I could have caught multiple, but I didn't want to catch too many so that I could focus on training the ones I already had.

The scenery changed constantly. Lush seas of trees spiraled below me, rivers streaking around them that connected with massive waterfalls. Pokemon of all kinds roamed around, some bathing in the sun, washing in the lakes and ponds, or sleeping in their caves.

From the distance I saw the snowcapped peak of Mount Coronet, with other snowy mountains that domed around it, being dwarfed by Mount Coronet's sheer size. The mountains seemed to sparkle with dazzling silvery colors that were reflecting by the snowy caps. Thick, heavy clouds streamed around them like gray snakes. Seeing these mountains brought a wave of nostalgia through me.

Sinnoh really was a beautiful region. And it was views like these that reminded me of my connection to Cynthia. Everytime I looked at it, my childlike wonder always disappears in an instant.

In a way, I missed my home but didn't want to stay there because I know It'll hurt even more.

Eventually, Golurk stopped in a secluded grassy area that was rimmed by trees. Pokemon looked at me curiously, but didn't run away.

I got off Golurk and thanked it, returning it. I felt a bit guilty about not using it. But I knew its time would come.

"Let's see, what do I catch?" I muttered as I walked around, feeling the soft grass getting trampled below me.

A group of Pokemon caught my attention. I recognized them as Elekid. They interacted with each other by sending sparks of electricity at each other. Some even sparred to prove their superiority.

One in particular caught my eye. It was a tiny bit darker and very subtle, even compared to the others.

"Rotom, scan that Elekid," I pointed.

Rotom awoke and rolled its eyes. "Do you need me to do everything? What's so special about—" it froze. "Holy shit! That's a Shiny, you lucky fucker! If only there was a generous rich old man that would give us money for simply sending them a picture of this."

"So it is Shiny," I muttered. "Scan the Pokedex entry."

"Right, right," Rotom cleared its throat. "Elekid, the Electric Pokémon. An Electric-type. Okay, that last bit was fucking redundant. Anyways, it spins its arms to create a powerful electric charge."

The Shiny Elekid was battling a bigger, normal Elekid but was getting absolutely toyed with. Both clashed with Thunder Punch, but the bigger one always managed to overpower the smaller one. The big Elekid snickered mockingly, punching the smaller one down again, before turning its back and walking away without another word, presumably to fight another Elekid.

A feeling of kinship between me and the Elekid spurred me to walk up to it, saying soothingly, "You know how it feels to be weak, too?"

The Shiny Elekid glared at me and leapt at me with a Thunder Punch, whether due to anger or surprise, I knew not. I merely dodged it and took out Eevee's Poke Ball, throwing it high into the air.

"Then we'll train with you. Isn't that right, Eevee?" I asked.

"Evori," Eevee nodded, casting a warm look at Elekid, who merely glared.

"Your move," I beckoned.

Elekid charged at Eevee and tried to strike her with a Thunder Punch.

"Eevee, dodge it," I said calmly.

Eevee sidestepped, allowing the Thunder Punch to whiz past her.

"You're getting too aggressive, too reckless," I chastised. "When fighting an enemy stronger or bigger than you, you're going to need wits to take them down. Do you have any other moves?"

Elekid grunted and held out its arms, shooting a weak arc of lightning that I identified as Thunder Shock.

"Better," I nodded. "Swift, Eevee."

"Vee!" Eevee flicked her tail in a graceful curve, shooting gleaming stars that collided with the Thunder Shock, shooting past it and striking the Elekid.

"Ele," it grunted, but remained standing. I raised one eyebrow. Even if Eevee held back, I was surprised that it took the hit so easily. It sure was tenacious.

"Learn to dodge. When you were fighting that Elekid, you were taking all the hits. Take advantage of your small stature. Your agility will grow over time and even when you evolve, you'll remain fast, unless your evolution sacrifices speed for defense."

To my surprise, Elekid was nodding along to my advice. It realized I was being sincere with helping it get stronger.

For the next thirty minutes Eevee and I drilled the Elekid on the basics of Pokemon battles. I knew it was young but ferocious and focused on getting stronger. But that attitude led to the older Elekid to taking advantage of its age and pick on it. This Elekid had something to prove. That's why I felt a kinship with it.

Because I too had something to prove.

We taught the Elekid to dodge, counter, block, and come up with tactics to outwit powerful opponents.

"Eevee, Quick Attack!"

Eevee was enveloped in a white aura as she sped at Elekid, whose legs pulsed as it prepared to dodge. When Eevee was about to ram into it, Elekid sprang upward until its body was parallel to the ground. It held on hand out, shooting a weak jolt of electricity at Eevee, hitting her. It caused no damage, but it paralyzed her.

"You learned Thunder Wave," I grinned. "It isn't useful against another Electric-type, but it's still a great move to have."

Elekid beamed with pride, before punching at Eevee and Thunder Punch, managing to hit her because of the speed cut.

Eevee was only knocked back a few inches, but she looked satisfied nonetheless. "Eevee," she nodded.

I nodded as well. "Elekid, I think you're ready."

"Elekid!" it nodded, fire burning in its eyes.

Then it walked over to the bigger Elekid that pummeled it easily, grabbing its shoulder and forcing it to look at it. "Elekid," it said in challenge.

All the other Elekid gasped.

The bigger Elekid smirked and walked to the center of the group, beckoning the other Elekid to the opposite side.

I watched at the outskirts, nodding at Elekid, who nodded back at me.

Eevee jumped on my shoulder to watch alongside me.

The group of Elekid formed a circle and waited in anticipation.

Then the two Elekid charged.

The Shiny Elekid threw a Thunder Punch at the bigger one, to which the latter responded by throwing its own with a smug smile.

But the Thunder Punch turned out to be a feint as the Shiny Elekid stopped its attack and ducked, avoiding the attack and surprising the bigger Elekid. Then, with its other fist, the Shiny Elekid uppercut it, bashing it away.

The bigger Elekid fell on the ground, but got up nearly instantly, glaring furiously at the Shiny Elekid, who in turn merely looked at it with a calm expression.

The bigger Elekid snarled and shot out a raging Thunderbolt at Elekid, inching closer and closer to smiting it. The Shiny Elekid flipped over the Thunderbolt and launched a Thunder Shock of its own, hitting the bigger Elekid directly.

"Ele," the bigger Elekid grunted in pain, suddenly realizing that the Shiny Elekid was a threat. It charged at it, throwing another Thunder Punch.

The Shiny Elekid crouched and kicked the bigger Elekid in the leg, making it topple over.

"It learned Low Kick too," I thought, mildly impressed.

The Shiny Elekid looked at the other in the eyes, bringing its fist up to use Thunder Punch, before punching it in the stomach one, two, five times in a brutal manner.

"Ele, Elekid!" the bigger Elekid said, slapping the ground to signify that it forfeited.

The Shiny Elekid stopped, looking satisfied as it looked at the group and raised its hand in victory. The other Elekid cheered, electricity crackling out of them as they carried the Shiny Elekid on their shoulders and tossed it in the air.

The bigger Elekid sighed and sat on a fallen log. I patted its shoulder, making it flinch as it realized I was there.

"Sometimes," I began to say, "the most dangerous opponents are the ones who are weaker than you, because in the moment when you're the most ignorant, that's when they'll strike, and you'll realize that you're the weaker one."

I walked away, leaving it to ponder on my words.

The crowd released the Shiny Elekid, who ran up to me with a look of unbridled pride. "Elekid!"

I couldn't help but allow a small smile to touch my lips. "Yeah, I saw. You're a quick learner, you know."

Elekid looked at me then back to the suddenly curious group of Elekid. It seemed to have come to a decision.

"Ele! Kid!" it said, pointing at my Poke Balls.

"You want to come with me?"

The Elekid nodded.

I smirked. "Then welcome to the team," I said, pulling out an extra Poke Ball from my backpack.

Before I caught the Elekid, I accessed my PC from my Rotom Phone. The PC was a Pokemon storage system. My PC was connected to Professor Cerise's lab, so if I already have six Pokemon on me, it will instantly be transferred over there.

I decided to transfer Marshadow's Poke Ball to the lab, since it was roaming.

"Alright, now I'm ready."

I held out the Poke Ball and presented it to Elekid, who happily pressed the button, being sucked up by the ball. It clicked without shaking.

Elekid let itself out of its ball and walked up to the crowd of Elekid. They exchanged farewells. My Elekid even said goodbye to the bigger Elekid, who looked surprised. They spoke for a while, before shaking hands.

From what I could tell, they promised to battle each other again one day. Instead of being enemies, they became rivals.

Elekid then walked back up to me, grinning.

"Heh, I can tell you'll be a menace in the future," I chuckled, returning Elekid back into its Poke Ball."

The group of Elekid looked at me curiously once more. I waved at them, and they all waved back at me.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to bring Elekid to visit once in a while," I promised.

They nodded cheerfully.

"Goodbye," I said, walking away from the group.

Patting Eevee, I looked around at Sinnoh's beautiful scenery.

"I guess it's time to go."

Eevee nodded, nuzzling me. "Eevee!"

I smiled at that. "Yeah, we're going to get stronger. We're all motivated now."

I checked Elekid's Pokedex entry once more. I realized that the Elekid I caught was male.

"Second male Pokemon," I thought to myself.

"Well, let's get out of this place. It's fucking hell." I pulled out Kirlia's Poke Ball and threw it.

"Kirlia!" Kirlia appeared from the Poke Ball.

"Hey Kirlia, we need to get back to the lab, mind teleporting us?"

Kirlia nodded, smiling. She put a hand on my shoulder and closed her eyes.

Then I felt the dizzying feeling of being teleported.

End of the First Task Arc (Mini Arc)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, that Darkrai is an absolute menace. It pulled up, wiped Vali's entire team, toyed with Marshadow (which is Vali's strongest Pokemon) and left him alive because it amused it. Darkrai will become one of Vali's goals in the future.

This arc is finally over. I didn't expect it to take ten whole ass chapters, but here we are. What did you guys think of it? Do you guys like these types of tasks? Let me know.

Anyway, what did you guys think of Vali catching a Shiny Elekid? Someone suggested that he gets an Electivire, which I found as perfect because, well, he was in Sinnoh, so it made sense. Since Vali is from Sinnoh, he's going to catch a couple Sinnohnian Pokemon. He's going to represent Sinnoh.

Alright, we've talked about Vali quite a lot now, but now here's another question: what Pokemon do you guys think Trinity should catch? I have plans for her. As you know, she's infuriatingly pushy at times. So more attention will be given to her in the future, since she's the other Main Character.

I'm curious to know, would you rather be Arceus's Chosen One or Giratina's Chosen One? Arceus is overrated, so I decided to have Vali as Giratina's Chosen One, Plot Armor be damned.

On a side note, you guys have probably noticed that I'm putting boss themes alongside particulary tough fights. If you didn't listen to those, you aren't getting the full experience. The song I put in the Darkrai fight is literally called "Hail the Nightmare."

I'll be putting boss themes for later fights as well. I will put music from games like Metal Gear Rising, Devil May Cry, the Souls games, DOOM, and even Sonic. I'll be putting other music as well.

I'll say this for the umpteenth time. If you have any suggestions for characters, Pokemon, and Trainers you would like to see in the future, by all means comment them. This question has become customary now lmao.

Well, this chapter took a lot longer than I expected. That's all for now. I don't know if I'll upload next week.

Bye!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

208K 2.5K 79
Ash Had Lost The Kalos League, The Very League He Thought He Could Win. After A Weird Interaction With His Kalos Friends. Ash Boards A Plane Back To...
181K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...
272K 6.4K 60
After travelling back to Kanto from a long holiday with his Mom, Ash finds all of his friends in the Kanto region. They all meet and discover a tourn...
205K 3.1K 40
Amourshipping Story - (AshxSerena) Ash begins his training for the World Coronation Series Tournament. The winner of that tournament gets the honor...