The Princess & the Football P...

By caniirove

Summary: "They say they want to make the monarchy more modern, to be closer to the people, but then your pare... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 4

1.9K 27 2
By caniirove

Author's note: The towel moment is inspired on something that actually happened years ago with the mother of Spain's current King 😂

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Hello, you."

"Hello, Sophie."

"How is Canada treating you?"

"So far so good. Jet lag hasn't hit yet" I say, sitting on my bed.

"You'll probably won't have jet lag. It's like your super power, it never affects you."

"I beg to differ."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" Sophie says, rolling her eyes. "Are you excited about England's game? About watching him play?" she asks, moving her eyebrows up and down.

"I actually am, yes."

"Are you going to wear his shirt?"

"Almost."

"Almost? What does that mean?"

"When I met him before they traveled, they gave me my own England shirt with the number I used to play with. And guess who also wears that number..."

"No!"

"Yep."

"Ellie, that's a sign! You are destined!"

"Mum and dad would say it's just a coincidence."

"Mum and dad know nothing. Have they told you that they are inviting over some friends to watch the game?"

"What? They don't like football!"

"I know" she shrugs. "But since it is the first game of the World Cup..."

"Please don't let dad say anything stupid. Like that I'm watching my crush or something like that."

"I won't, I promise. I'm still shocked he noticed that you fancy Declan, tho."

"So am I" I sigh. "Anyway, they are knocking on my door, I must go."

"Somewhere interesting?"

"Just lunch with some boring people. Will call you tomorrow, ok?"

"Ok. Love you, sis."

"Love you too" I say, hanging up.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Nervous about the game, ma'am?" my bodyguard David asks.

"A bit, yes" I say as I sit down, my eyes scanning the pitch, looking for him. For Declan.

"This should be an easy game, England has a better team."

"You never know" I reply, still looking for him. Where is he? "Has there been any change on the line up?"

"No, ma'am. Why?"

"I'm... Oh, nevermind" I say when I finally spot him.

"Any favourite player, your Royal Highness?" a woman asks, sitting next to me.

"Uh?"

"You seemed to be smiling at the pitch."

"No, no" I reply, feeling my cheeks getting warm. "I'm just excited about the game. And a bit nervous too."

"Same" she says. "It's the first time my country makes it to a World Cup."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I hadn't recognised you or..."

"It's ok, ma'am" she smiles. "And how not to be distracted when there are twenty two handsome men in front of you."

"We don't have eleven handsome men on our line up, tho" I say, making her laugh, her reaction helping me relax a bit.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I'm sorry about your debut."

"Oh, don't be. You just scored four goals, I was expecting seven" Dorothea laughs. That's the name of the woman who sat next to me. Dorothea, the Prime Minister of our rival tonight.

"Thank you for the company. I really enjoyed watching the game with you."

"Likewise" she says. "It is never easy to be in a public place on your own, being the one representing your country, and having all eyes on you."

"It is not, no" I smile. I was nervous about that, yes. I always am. I worry about the cameras catching me doing something I shouldn't, about the media taking something out of context... But I must admit I was also nervous because of Declan. I wanted him to do good, to not get injured. Is it too weird that I felt like that for an almost stranger?

"It's time, ma'am" David says.

"Oh, I better go. I'm meeting the boys in the changing room."

"Lucky you" Dorothea smirks. "Is that lunch date still happening?"

"Definitely. I'll text you to confirm it."

"Perfect. It was a pleasure meeting you, ma'am."

"You too."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Your Royal Highness" Kane says. "Please come in."

"Thank you. And congratulations, everyone" I reply, looking around the changing room. And yes, you guessed it. I am looking for Declan.

"Did you enjoy the game?"

"I did. Though I must confess I was a bit nervous until you scored that first goal" I chuckle.

"I think we all were. But once that ball went in, everything flowed" Kane says.

After having a chat with most players and congratulating them for the win, it's time to take a photo, and Declan still is nowhere to be found.

"Has anyone seen Deccers?" Mount asks.

"He came in late and I think he is still in the shower" Saka says. And as those words leave his mouth, Declan shows up in the changing room. He's only wearing a towel that hangs loosely on his hips, some bits of wet hair falling on his forehead. Oh to be able to run my hands through it, to have him that close to me while he is barely wearing anything...

"Shit" he says when he sees me, his face turning even more red than it already was. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know..."

"Go put some clothes on, Declan" Kane says while shaking his head, the rest of their teammates trying not to laugh.

"Yes, sure, one minute."

"I'm so sorry about that, ma'am" he says once Declan has disappeared to get changed.

"It's ok, don't worry" I say with a nervous laugh, still trying to process what just happened. That I've had Declan just a few feet away from me, looking glorious and almost naked.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Perfect!" the photographer says once he's taken a few photos. "Thank you, everyone."

"Thank you for coming and for your support, ma'am" Kane says.

"Of course" I reply. "Good luck on the next game."

"Thank you."

"Your Royal Highness!" someone says behind me as I leave the changing room. "Wait a minute, please."

"Oh, hello" I say, turning to look at Declan.

"I'm so sorry about what happened earlier. I didn't know you were here, I thought you'll come later, and I just..." he says while running a hand through his hair, making me feel... Things. Let's leave it there. "Are you ok?"

"Uh?"

"You seem... I don't know. Is it because of what happened? I made you uncomfortable, didn't I?"

"Oh no. No, no, no. It was the total opposite."

"The opposite of uncomfortable?" he asks while trying to hide a smirk, those gorgeous blue eyes of his fixed on me.

"I mean... I..." Shit. Shit, shit, shit. "You don't have to apologize for anything. It could happen to anyone."

"Ok" he says, his smirk now on full display. "Will you be at our next game?"

"That's the plan, yes."

"If you come to the changing room again, I'll try not to be almost naked" he chuckles.

"Better you than others." Did I say that? Why? Oh... my God. "And I should probably get going."

"Yes, of course" he says, the smirk not leaving this face. "It was nice seeing you again."

"You too. Good luck on the next game, Declan."

"Thank you, Eleanor" he replies, neither of us moving from where we are stading, our eyes fixed on the other's.

"Ma'am?" David calls behind me. "It's time to go."

"Yes, sorry" I say, trying to stop smiling like an idiot and make my body move. "Goodbye, Declan."

"Goodbye Elea... I mean, ma'am" he replies before walking into the changing room, murmuring something to himself. Probably that calling me by my given name wasn't appropiate. But I didn't care. I don't care. He made it sound so good... Eleanor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 3.5K 32
A nemi story... Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato... what happens when these two friends work together on the neon lights tour?
35.1K 899 62
[Quick Time Travel] The villain boss is targeting Maomao again" Author: Stone Girl Introduction: [Multiple breeds of cute kittens vs. the paranoid, c...
4.2K 63 11
Story about nick folio
10.3K 174 14
The one where Joe falls for a certain bartender