A Hidden World (Hogwarts X Re...

由 WriterLopez

Book 1 [Philosophers Stone] So you see, I've noticed that there are barely any "X Reader" stories when it com... 更多

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (+Time Table)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (UNFINISHED UNEDITED)
SORRY
Snow day (EXTRA CHAPTER UNEDITED UN CHECKED)
Chapter 1(Not used)(UNFINISHED UNCHECKED UNEDITED)
Chapter 19 (Not used)(UNCHECKED UNEDITED) (UNFINISHED I THINK-)
-------X-------
The father
book titles and basic outline

Chapter 5

71 2 2
由 WriterLopez

Sleep fixes all.

When I woke up the next morning I didn't feel sickeningly upset instead I felt sickeningly messy. 

I woke up with my hair a mess, my face sticky because of the tears, and my clothes sticking to my skin from sweat because I was too busy crying to turn on the fan and still used the blanket.

I was no longer upset about yesterday or the past full week. 

I was done with my whole 'pity party'. 

I decided I'd rather not worry about what had already happened and promised never to do that again. 

I mean, as I said before, I already spent a week worried and scared I'd rather not waste another week being sad about the stuff I can't change. 

The simple solution is to listen to my intuition more.

I cleaned up and got dressed. 

I rushed breakfast and reported straight to Martha's office. 

Now that I no longer had to be afraid of the situation, I was excited. 

I wanted to know about magic. 

I wanted to master it and be the best at it. 

It just seemed so cool that I was magical. 

I wanted to know the limits of this magic pronto because if I wasn't given a boundary my imagination would come up with stuff that I'd want but could never have. 

Imagine how sad a life like that would be. Having to imagine stories where you are the main character with magical powers you don't have and never will. Always wanting that world to be real but never truly getting it.

The door opens bringing me back to the real world.

"Heyy! Seems like someone's excited. You won't bail on me again like last time right?" Martha says in a quick breath almost like I'd scared her. 

I smile knowing that I was probably right.

"I won't I promise," I say a little quicker than I intended. 

 She smiles and nods. 

She then leads the way and soon we're back at the adoption center. 

The room looked just like it did yesterday, but it felt different. 

The air felt lighter and the room looked brighter. 

It felt less suffocating and more freeing. 

It was only now that I realized how much I'd affected myself. 

It was sad to think about but that was when I caught myself. 

I was done with pity parties.

We sit there waiting for Minerva to show up. By the time she does, it's almost time for lunch.

"Apologies for my tardiness. There have been some issues with another child's guardian. Nothing to worry about though. Shall we carry on then?" She says in a slightly annoyed tone.

"Hello Minerva," I say my voice restricted to its professionalism. 

This time, it wasn't because I was concealing something but rather because it felt like this was an interview of sorts. 

As I say her name she looks at me, eyes slightly widened. Had I pronounced it wrong?

"My first name is Minerva. I'd prefer you call me by my last name, McGonagall." She says a little panic in her voice. I nod respectfully and move on.

"So how does this work?
From what I know a muggle is a non-magic person while muggle-borns are kids of non-magical people who have magic.
I'm a muggle-born and I've been selected to join a school for magic aka Hogwarts.
What else is there?
And what kind of magic is this?
Is it the kind where you can just say a spell and do lots of stuff or is it the kind where each person has a personal type of magic like one person has water-related magic and another has fire?
Are there rules to the magic?
How do I use the magic?"
I say everything as fast as I can because I could tell she was going to cut me off. 

She didn't but I think it's cause I finished too quickly for her to do so.

"Each witch and wizard gets a personalized wand which allows them to do magic. The magic comes from you but the wand helps harness it. You still have a week so you can read your school textbooks to learn about the world of magic. I'd recommend you read the history of magic. It explains all the basic details on the ministry of magic and the magical world in general." She said in a gentle voice. 

I thought she was done and I was about to repeat a few more of my questions but then she continued.

"The type of magic is the spell type. Each person is better with certain types of spells but they are still capable of the rest.
There are plenty of rules to using magic. All of which you will learn in school this year. You will learn how to use magic at school.
You can try to learn a few now but I advise against it as it is easy to get it wrong and without supervision that could hurt someone.
I hope this answered your questions.
Because I'm afraid I can't find a better way to explain these things."  She says looking at me with a gentle smile.

"Hogwarts is a hostel so you will be living in a magical environment so by the end of the end of the first semester you will have adjusted to the community and have learnt its ways." She says in a calm voice that looked almost proud.

It took me some time to process everything but slowly I processed everything.

I was about to ask her more questions but then I stopped myself. 

There was no point in questioning. 

I'd sound anxious and stupid doing so. 

I had already been a bother it would be rude if I became more of one. 

I would eventually learn all these things so it was fine to go with everything. 

I didn't do that in the beginning and that's the reason all that drama had happened in the first place.

"Ok then. The letter from earlier said I had to send a response and buy supplies. I'm assuming you will be helping me with that or at least guiding me in the right direction?" I say my professional voice back in place.

"You won't need to send a response you simply have to tell me as I will be the one registering your response. I will also help you with the supplies as you won't be able to find them at any ordinary store." She says her face looks strict yet gentle at the same time.

"I accept the invitation to Hogwarts," I said as I smiled. 

I couldn't wait to start. 

All of a sudden I remember the fair when I said goodbye to Aurora and it hit me like a wave. 

I was going to have to leave Aurora... 

I didn't hate the thought but I'd definitely miss the place. 

It was dull but it was home. 

A home I'd had for years. 

All my memories of the place flood into my head like a tsunami leaving a small smile on my lips. 

I was ready to leave. 

I was sure I'd miss this place occasionally but was also ready to enter this new world. 

This world that had been kept hidden from me for years. 

This world that apparently I was one of the few to know about. 

This hidden world.

Author's note:
See what I did there? Was it cringy? Sure. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Does your opinion matter? Well, that depends, doesn't it? If you agree with me then yup ur opinion matters if not then nope :)

Anyways,

Finally beginning the actual story. Or is it? I myself have no idea. Imma make 3 chapters for shopping and then I might make a chapter of contemplation before she's finally at Hogwarts or I could just skip straight to Hogwarts. The second one would be easier to do but I have this plan for shopping that I'm debating whether to put it in the first year or the second one.

Word count: 1317

~Author <3

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

404K 7.7K 13
(Name) is a normal girl. That is what everyone thinks. It is a secret. Until Hiccup finds out. Short chapters!!! All rights deserved (C) Animation_Mi...
100K 2.2K 37
((I redid this story because I didn't quite like the original version. Things may be different, but it's more or less the same.)) Being half ghost a...
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
11.8K 257 12
When Sullivan decides to buy Iruma to become his grandson, he did not expect a granddaughter to also make an appearance. Well, he expected it, but w...