Phobia

By Ashes_and_Red

Introducing you to the land of the lawless... What would happen if murderers never got caught? If people gave... More

1. An Artistic Masterpiece
2. Everything was perfect
3. The One That Got Away
4. The Salvation
5. The Plaque Of Greed
6. Tears For Glassy Eyes
7. The Dark Truth
The Dark Truth - Part 2
The Dark Truth - Part 3
8. When Two Paths Cross
9. The Peep - Hole
10. Fatherly Love
11. The Vibrant Hues of Emotions
12. Saturday Night
Author's Note
13. A Deal With The Devil
14. Twisted Minds
15. The Road To Success
17. The Homecoming
18. The Unsolved Question
19. Match Made In Hell
20. The Shadow
21. Dear Paris
22. Souvenir
23. The Missing Phone
24. Lily's Friends
25. Blue
26. A Tale of Two Cities
27. The Beyond
28. The Book
29. Ordinary Everyday Anecdotes
30. The Water Bottle
31. Case Number 126
1K!
32. Good Parenting
33. Terry
34. Lights Out
35. The Hole in The Ground
36. Till The End
Author's note
37. The End of The World
Author's Note
38. Bliss
39. Twelve People
40. Collateral
41. The Tunnel
42. Tyranny
43. His Mistress
44. Third Eye
Author's Note
Author's note
Bonus - Failure

16. Beautiful Optimism

21 2 1
By Ashes_and_Red

It was a cold morning and I was on my way to Gangtok when I looked outside my bus window and saw the lush green hills shrouded in the grey veil of fog. The scenic view brought back memories of the past. Green hills just like these, in another place and another time. Shreya and I were having a picnic on one of these hills, and I had laughed so much that my stomach was hurting. The bittersweet scent of tea had surrounded us as we had remained there, blissfully unaware of our fate.

Shreya was a very optimistic girl, always seeing the best in people. She was like the light in my life. We had been best of friends since fourth grade when I had stood up for her when she was being bullied. Shreya was an angel this morbid world did not deserve. 

When the sun had started setting, and a soft orange glow had engulfed the hills, we started packing up. Shreya and I had shuffled down the hills and were walking on the road. The lighting on the street was dull, but we had worn very bright jackets so an upcoming vehicle could notice us. Suddenly, a car had zoomed past us at lightning speed, and another car followed it. Shreya glanced at me. "Are they having a race?" I answered, just as shocked," I guess so." Just as I had said that, a third car had come out of nowhere and it rammed into us. The last thing I remembered seeing was the car speeding up even more and zooming around the corner, then darkness had consumed me. 

Days later, I woke up to useless broken legs and a head injury. The police couldn't find the hit-and-run driver. I asked about Shreya, and the reply was silence. Shreya was gone. That small beacon of light in the sea of darkness was gone forever. I would never see her laugh again. She was gone. I couldn't stop thinking about her without breaking down. Even when I looked out the bus window at the hills, I cried. I sobbed as I moved forward in the wheelchair. I always knew humanity was doomed, but she believed in people. Humanity successfully eliminated its only supporter.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 2.1K 20
BOOK TWO- Male Reader Version After being fired from the Sanitarium, the slashers were determined to be with you again. Breaking out, they travelled...
41K 1.3K 5
"I take what I want, princess, no matter what." TRUTH is hidden behind the LIES. Secrets are buried within the secrets. Darkness lurks in the Light...
34.1K 1.8K 27
This is a BakuDeku Fanfiction 🔞. Katsuki tries his best in surviving, keeping it together till the end and Izuku tries to live through it all befor...
6.2K 265 24
"I should have run when I heard the explosive boom happen. But my curiosity got the best of me. And now I am stuck with two obsessed guys who would d...