Dreamer «A HOTD Fanfic»

Oleh Riverlyfalls

« "In the dark ages, magic was a weapon, love was a mystery and adventure was everywhere." » «Daenys targarye... Lebih Banyak

«INTRODUCTION»
«Prologue»
«Chapter 2»
«Chapter 3»
«Chapter 4»
«Chapter 5»
«Chapter 6»
«Chapter 7»
«Chapter 8»
| Quick Check-Up before chap 9 |
[Coming soon!]

«Chapter 1»

2.4K 76 13
Oleh Riverlyfalls

The sound of the waves splashing around her feet sounded like music to her ears as she walked barefoot in the undeep waters of one of the many beaches surrounding Hightide. It helped her calm down as she walked on with closed eyes, enjoying the sunshine warming her body. Within half an hour she'd leave for Kings Landing. She'd stay there for as long as the tourney was supposed to last. And she'd probably continued to stay there as Rhaenyra had pleaded her to become her lady-in-waiting as an excuse for them to spend more time together.

It was not like Daenys didn't want to stay at Rhaenyra's side, she'd love to. But she was unsure how she could serve the princess when her own dreams disturbed her almost every night. So it was no wonder that her mother had basically forced her father to stop her from going. But Corlys had stood his ground. "The princess makes a wish, we provide" he had spoken, knowing the bond between Rhaenyra and his daughter.

Daenys glanced up from her thoughts as she heard Seasmoke's familiar cry as Leanor flew above her . Daenys smiled slightly at the sight of the dragon and her brother working as one. How it would be nice to have a dragon of her own.

She had one. An egg, when she was younger. But the egg never hatched. The counsel of Kings Landing then forbade her taming a dragon. As Otto claimed that if she truly were of Targaryens blood, the egg would've hatched. Which had angered her older sister Laena, who had yelled straight in Otto's face, telling him what kind of bullshit that was. Since she was of Targaryen blood and her egg also hadn't hatched. Laena had pointed out that it probably didn't take Targaryen blood to claim a dragon. But the counsel claimed that to be ridiculous. And due to Laena's outburst, otto managed to have Viserys forbid her to claim a dragon for another 10 years to teach her a lesson for threatening and cursing at the hand of the king.

It had been the start of House Velaryons dislike toward the Hightowers. And today, the endless discussions between Otto and Corlys would probably start again. Eventhough her parents tried to keep their children away from the Stepstones as much as possible, Laenor, Laena and Daenys had heard the rumors of a triachy murdering every living pirate and sailor passing the cliffs. The crabs would eat them alive after their leader, Draghar, would stake them to the sand. It had been going on for a month now, and Corlys would attend one of the kings counsels to urge the matter. Speaking of Lord Corlys..

Daenys glanced up once again as she heard
her father call out her name from above. He stood on the top of the stairs leading towards the beach as he nodded towards the ship that lay ashore. It was time to go. Daenys walked out of the water, dried her feet and joined her father as they walked on towards the ship. Vaemond was already waiting for them. Daenys shivered slightly. She really didn't like her uncle. Before Rhaenys adopted her, he had tried to 'claim' her as his daughter as he noticed her beauty. Knowing he could easily marry her off to some wealthy man to gain more power in the Kingdom. Even now, as Rhaenys had often told him off, he still acted as if he was in charge of who she was with.
"Brother, niece." Her uncle greeted them before turning away from them and walking down further on the ship.

Daenys startled when an arm grabbed hers. "Sister! Come, i have found us the best view." Laena told her as she dragged her younger sister with her to the other side of the ship. Daenys chuckled the chilly feeling away. She had not heard her sister coming. "From here we'll be the first ones to spot Kings Landing, not even Laenor will see it first."

Daenys let out a small giggle. "No, i wonder he has his head up in the clouds." She spoke as Seasmoke flew above the ship as they departed. Daenys looked in front of her and glanced at the sea. Soon they'd arrive in Kings Landing, and she'd meet Rhaenyra again.

It was near noon as Daenys and a red-haired young woman stepped out of a carriage near the dragon pit.

Daenys had met Alicent the second she left her father ship. The hightower had waited for her with a smile on her face while being accompanied by none other than her older brother, ser Gwayne Hightower.
He too had been waiting for her. The moment they met each other's eyes he'd smirk and she'd shiver. Luckily Laena had interrupted him by asking about the gold gloaks, causing Daenys to be able to sneak into the carriage, muttering a simple 'hello' to the knight before entering. Gwayne turned around with a frustrated groan the moment she ignored him once more. What more could she possibly want from him to accept him?

She knew of the talk between Otto and Viserys of marrying her to ser Gwayne Hightower. Alicent never kept her mouth shut about it. And through Alicent, who had no clue, Gwayne often kept on pushing Alicent to get Daenys alone.

A shriek sounded high up in the skies above them. Alicent shivered and Daenys glanced up with a smile on her face.
"There she is," she chuckled as she watched the familiar golden dragon spread it's wings before carefully landing in front of the Dragon Pit. How Daenys would've loved to have a dragon of her own..

Syrax let out purss as her rider descended down while obeyingly listening to the valerian commands of the dragonkeepers.

Daenys tried to exchange a smile with Alicent but the girl watched the dragon with unease.

"Daenys!" Rhaenyra had taken off her gloves and had hurried toward her two friend the second she had recognised her friends long silver hair.

"Syrax is growing quickly," Daenys pointed out as she nodded at the golden dragon, being guided into the pit by the dragon keepers.

"She'll soon be as large as Caraxes," Alicent informed her as she send Rhaenyra a smile. "That's almost large enough to saddle two," rhaenyra added excitedly and glanced at the girls in front of her. Alicent quickly refused that offer but Daenys smiled brightly at her friend. "I can't wait." She promised Rhaenyra before they entered the carriage and sat down.
"Me neither." Rhaenyra let out a sigh.

"Will you be visiting your mother?" Daenys asked her curious, and perhaps rather nervous. There had been another reason Corlys wanted her to come to Kings Landing. Daenys had dreamt about the queen, she had watched her die before her eyes as a crown got plucked from her head. The dream hadn't been as terrifying as the one of the dead stranger, who had strangled her, but it was enough to alarm her father. He cared about Viserys, eventhough he did not like to show it. Daenys knew he had a lot of respect for the King.

"I will," rhaenyra responded with a smile before looking outside of the window. "I need to know how she's doing."

Alicent showed an understandable nod. "We'll be in the gods'wood," she spoke.
Daenys lifted a brow. We will?
But she too knew Rhaenyra needed some time alone with her mother. "Sure," she spoke before standing up at the moment the carriage stopped. She didn't wait for Alicent to join her as she walked straight on towards the garden in the castle. Not wanting to run into Alicent's brother again.

Daenys rested her head on the grass above her as she listened to the birds singing their highest tunes. Next to her, Alicent was flipping through the pages of one of the books she had grabbed to take with her on the way to godswood. Alicent flipped yet another page as her eyes scanned across the letters.

Daenys let out a soft chuckle. "You're flipping as if the septa is about to cut out your tongue." She spoke. Alicent glanced up.
"No.." Alicent answered. "It's Rhaenyra i'm worried about, she hasn't been studying for the last week, while tomorrow, she's supposed to know this book from start to end!"

"Trust me," Daenys muttered as she listened to her friend's whines. "She has studied. She probably already knows every page of that book."

"Hmm do you think so, princess?"

Daenys immediately sat up at hearing ser Gwayne's words. He looked at her with an amused smirk on his face. "Sounds like you're overestimating your friend." He commented as he sat between her and Alicent.

Daenys shifted a bit away as he came closer. "Or mayhaps you're underestimating her, ser." She spoke uncomfortably. She glanced at Alicent. Had she planned this? But the girl looked as suprised as her.

Gwayne muttered something to his younger sister before switching his attention to the targaryen next to him. "I've brought you something," he spoke as he held out a green bracelet, followed by a necklace.

Daenys let out an uneasy chuckle as she moved away once more. "T-that's very kind of you," she spoke, eyeing Alicent to help her out. She couldn't refuse the necklace, as she had refused his last five gifts and didn't want to cause trouble. But Alicent just watched on excitedly, finding it rather cute.

The targaryen hesitated for a moment before she took the necklace out of Gwayne's hand, aware of the knight's gaze burned on her. She stood up and turned towards Alicent. "Could you help me with the necklace?" She spoke uncomfortable.

Alicent nodded but before she was able to get near her, Daenys felt a hand pull her hair carefully out of her neck before two hands touched the necklace she was wearing. Daenys took a sharp breath as she felt him take her necklace off before strapping his one around her neck and closing it. He seemed to take his time, making her feel uncomfortable as his hand traveled down her neck towards her shoulders. "You look beautiful," he whispered in her ear as she held back a groan. When he started to caress her back she pushed away. "No." She spoke shortly as she took a breath, causing Alicent to frown.

Gwayne raised a brow, not understanding why the girl kept on rejecting him. He chuckled, believing she obviously wanted to play the hard game. He took a step forward and caressed her cheek. "But you do," he spoke lovingly causing her to flince.

"I- i need to go." Daenys muttered, wanting to get out of the situation as soon as possible.

"But Rhaenyra hasn't come back yet!" Alicent protested as she too took a step forward and grabbed her hand while Gwayne kept watching the girl like a hawk.

Daenys withdrew her hand.
"Just tell her my father needed me, and just, leave me be, please?"

Gwayne let out a chuckle as he watched her leave. He followed her with his eyes before noticing she left her old Necklace behind.
"I'll be right back," he spoke, going after Daenys with the necklace in his hand. Oh, the chances of her being alone now.. a grin appeared on his lips but disappeared the second he turned the corridor

and found the same necklace he had given her torn on the ground, right in front of him. Angrily he curled his lip. How dare she? He thought as he watched her leave the corridor he was standing in.
He clenched his hand around her necklace before angrily going after her.

A/N:
I promise chapter two will be way more interesting, i've written chapter 1 this way to show the relation between Daenys and her family, daenys and rhaenyra (and alicent) and especially Daenys' 'relationship' with ser Gwayne Hightower.

I'm hoping to write the next chapter as soon as possible, perhaps next weeks but perhaps in the next two weeks. We'll see.
After the first three chapters the updates will most likely become more regular as i've already written a lot of chapters ahead. For now, i hope you've enjoyed reading the first chapter of "Dreamer"
If you wish to learn more about this fanfic or my other fanfic (blood wish) you can always search on insta for xtcrvix, on my insta page you can find a lot of info (and latest updates + future sneak peaks) about my fanfics.
See ya'll soon!
-River

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

7.4K 217 8
"We'll be a fine line. We'll be alright." 👑 In 81 AC, the prince, Baelon and his sister-wife, Alyssa, welcomed twins into the world, Daemon and Daen...
371K 18.3K 40
Alicent meets a woman that could save her from the life she never wanted. But will this mystery woman be able to keep up with their ruse or will the...
32.9K 927 18
In the ancient realm of Westeros, where the shadows of dragons stretched across the pages of history, House Targaryen stood as both a beacon of power...
462K 23.7K 115
Twins, Daemon and Davina Targaryen are trying to figure out their place in the world as their niece is declared the heir to the iron throne. But as...