𝐖𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄, arthur...

By rositastwd

❝i'd never dreamed that i'd meet somebody like you.❞ arthur pendragon, seasons one - five. More

000,
season one, act one.
001,
002,
003,
004,
005,
006,
007,
008,
009,
010,
011,
012,
013,
014,
016,
season two, act two.
017,
018,
019,
020,
021,
022,
023,
024,
025,
026,
027,
028,
029,
030,
season three, act three.
031,
032,
033,
034,
035,
036,
037,
038,
039,
040,
041,
042,
season four, act four.
043,
044,
045,
046,
047,
048,

015,

2.4K 95 30
By rositastwd

CHAPTER FIFTEEN,
episode twelve, to kill the King.

GWEN's FATHER had been arrested, and charged for treason, for supposedly working with a sorcerer, having been caught by arthur and the knights in the night.

isabella walked into the throne room the next morning, ignoring the bowing guards and knights beside her as she walked over to uther, who turned to face her. "is everything alright?"

"treason?" she exclaimed in shock, causing uther to sigh, now realising what she meant.

"yes, your grace. treason. the blacksmith was consorting with a known enemy." he replied, dismissing the knights as she frowned, pacing back and forth.

"enemy? what enemy?" she asked in disbelief, seeming to never catch a break here at camelot.

"tauren, the leader of a band of renegade sorcerers sworn to bring down royalty." arthur said as he walked in the throne room.

isabella's blood ran cold as she fell down to sit on the throne, a hand over her mouth as the sighed. the two pendragon's looked at her in worry, arthur walking over to her. "what is it? what is wrong?"

she looked up at them, tears in her eyes. "he killed my mother." she stood up from the throne as uther and arthur's eyes widened. she began to pace around the room, "my father's knights have been on the lookout ever since. how could he come here? he knows i'm here!" she yelled in anger and distress.

"isabella," uther began as she shook her head to stop him, arthur held his breath, he could see by the look on her face she was about to say something terrible.

"i want him dead. if your knights cannot do it, then i will." she said dangerously, briefly looking at arthur warningly before walking out of the throne room, the doors slamming shut behind her.

"well?" morgana asked as she caught up to her.

"well, what?" isabella frowned, keeping her eyes infront of her.

"did you manage to convince the king about tom?" morgana asked, isabella stopped walking, having forgotten about her purpose in the throne room.

she turned to face morgana, and shook her head. "the man who gwen's father was with killed my mother. i am sorry to say but if tom was involved with this man then i will not help him. if he is telling the truth about not knowing, i will do my very best." she told morgana who's eyes widened.

"i'll inform gwen." morgana whispered, a sad smile on her face as isabella nodded, before turning to leave.

king henry
of devlin, france.

dear father,

he is here, in camelot. he was spotted last night and then fled.

but fear not, father. as i shall avenge mother soon enough.

princess isabella
of devlin and camelot.

she sent the letter off with a determined look on her face, before going down to the dungeons. "i'm here to speak with the prisoner." she told the guard who eyed her.

"the king has ordered no one to see him." he replied as she scoffed, pulling the hood on her cloak off her head as his eyes widened. "your grace," he bowed.

"i am to speak with the prisoner." she repeated as the guard nodded, and unlocked the cell door for her to walk into.

tom widened his eyes as he looked up at the princess, bowing deeply as she stared at him. "do you know tauren?"

"no." he immediately replied, getting to his knees, as if he was begging. "i am telling the truth. i meant no harm." he whispered as she stared down at him, unsure of what to believe.

"do you know who the man is?" she asked, walking around the cell slowly in thought. he shook his head.

"the king told me he was a known enemy. i knew nothing more. he was paying me in gold to make weapons, i just wanted to provide for gwen." he spoke, tears filling his eyes.

"i'm giving you one last chance, just so we are perfectly clear." she began lowly as he stared at her with wide eyes, watching as she took a step towards him.

"did you, or did you not, know tauren and know of who he was?" she asked calmly as he shook his head frantically.

"no, i didn't. i swear to you."

she stared at him for a few moments, before nodding. "the man killed my mother. that is why i questioned you...tom, if you promise me you truly did not know who he was, i will do my best to save your life. but if you have lied, i will disregard my friendship with gwen and i will kill you myself."

his eyes widened in fear as he nodded his head. she smiled, "good. now, i'm off to save your life." she smiled, watching as he bowed his head once more and watched as she left.

"bella." gwen smiled, curtsying as isabella smiled.

"gwen," she held her hands."let gwen see the prisoner for as long as she pleases. if there is an issue, you can send for me." she told the guards who nodded, letting gwen inside as the smaller girl thanked her.

ISABELLA HAD spent what felt like hours in the throne room, arguing with the king to try and help tom. but the king would not change his mind. uther only sees enemies, as soon as a sorcerer is involved he no longer listens.

isabella truly believed the blacksmith when he said he didn't know who tauren was, but uther wouldn't hear her out. there was no hope from gwen's father, none at all.

over in the courtyard, merlin was in disbelief that a few men were to be executed because they helped tauren by giving him a place to stay. "they have committed a very serious crime." arthur told him.

"by giving a man a bed for the night?" merlin argued, as arthur faced him angrily. "the man is a sorcerer who killed bella's mother. it is not for you to question her or my fathers actions, understood?" he told him warningly.

merlin clearly hadn't realised about isabella's mother, and guilt filled his eyes as he nodded. "yes sire . i'm sorry."

later that evening, the warning bell had sounded during their dinner as isabella looked up with a frown. "what is going on?" the king asked the guards.

"the blacksmith has escaped." they called out as the king stood up from his seat, arthur and isabella following him.

"he has just proved his guilt. you will kill his on sight." the king ordered, walking towards the doors as arthur frowned.

"but the trial, father?"

"the trial is a formality now. i want him dead and an end to it all." the king told them as they walked out of the hall.

it wasn't long before gwen's father was caught, and unfortunately killed.

"no!" gwen wailed, rushing down to see her father being pulled away as isabella watched, covering her mouth in shock. "no father!" she sobbed, collapsing to the floor.

isabella rushed over to the girl, cradling her in her arms as gwen sobbed, shaking her head and calling out for her father. she held gwen's face, staring at her with fury, "i will make tauren pay for this, gwen. i promise." she whispered.

meanwhile, morgana was practically threatening uther to his face, which resulted in her to getting restrained over night.

something had changed in her, there was evil in her eyes as she talked about the king to isabella. it was sinister, how she had changed within seconds from being the sweet, caring angel to a flicker of the devil himself in her eyes.

however, when morgana looked back at isabella, her eyes softened and she smiled lightly, as isabella decided to change the subject.

for the first time, isabella grew scared of her best friend.

ISABELLA WALKED to merlin and gaius' chambers the next morning where they knew gwen was with merlin. arthur had seen a different side to isabella ever since she found out tauren was in camelot.

isabella knocked on merlin's door before walking in as both gwen and merlin bowed their heads, gwen sniffling but trying to smile as isabella began, "gwen we want you to know that your job is safe, and that your home is yours for life."

"we guarantee you that. i know that under the circumstances it is not much, but, um..." arthur trailed off, unsure of how to put it.

"anything you want, anything you need, all you have to do is ask." isabella finished for him as gwen smiled sadly.

before they left, arthur turned to face the girl with a small smile, "i'm sorry." he said sincerely, referring to his father's actions.

"if it were up to us, your father would still be alive, no matter if he escaped or not." isabella said as she looked up at the prince, and then back to gwen who nodded, trying not to let her tears fall.

"thank you." gwen replied, her voice breaking.

"oh, gwen." isabella sighed, flinging her arms around the smaller girl, letting her cry as isabella held her tight. "i know how it is to loose a parent. it causes unbearable pain."

gwen nodded into her shoulder as isabella pulled away, holding the girls hands. "what i told you yesterday? i intend to keep my promise, gwen. however long it takes." she told her seriously as gwen looked worried for the princess, but understood where she was coming from and nodded.

"if you need to stay with me, you may. for as long as you need." isabella told her, before leaving with arthur, tears in her own eyes.

"are you alright?" arthur asked her as she nodded, sending him a reassuring smile.

"all is well. very well, indeed." her lips lifted into a small smirk, knowing they were coming closer and closer each day to finding tauren.

"i'm going to visit morgana. would you like to come?" isabella asked as the boy nodded, watching as she held out her hand for him to take, which he did, and the two made their way to the dungeon where morgana was.

arthur unlocked the door as morgana looked terrified, isabella sat down next to her on the hay, not bothering to worry about her dress as she hugged the girl tightly, morgana looked over her shoulder and scoffed. "you. how proud you must be." she sneered at arthur.

"son of the mighty uther with isabella at your side." she finished as isabella pulled away from the hug, confused as the what she meant.

"does the king's little helper bring a message or have you come to gloat? if you have not, i would like you to leave me so i can talk with izzie." morgana glared up at the boy who shook his head with a sigh.

"guards." arthur called out as morgana moved back, fear in her eyes as isabella stood up, standing in front of her protectively.

"get away from me, you cowards!" morgana yelled.

"you are free to go." arthur told her as isabella turned around, sharing a shocked look with morgana before slowly stepping away to let the guards release her.

"you kept that quiet." she looked up at arthur with a small frown.

"i was deciding on whether she deserved it or not." he replied as she looked back at morgana who was clutching her wrists in pain.

"go and see gaius, he should be able to provide something to help with that." isabella advised, apologising when morgana winced as isabella touched the scars.

"morgana." arthur called out before the two could leave.

they stopped as morgana didn't look at him, "yes?"

"i swore to him you'd never challenge his authority again. i swore that you'd learnt your lesson. tread carefully. next time i may not be able to help you." he told her as morgana looked down.

"thank you. you're a better man than your father. always were." she spoke before leaving.

"she's right." isabella spoke up as arthur sent her an appreciated smile.

"thank you, isabella." he replied, reaching out to hold her hands as she smiled up at him. "you are one of the only people who call me by my full name." she acknowledged.

he shook his head, "i prefer isabella. it's a beautiful name, and it suits you." he said simply as a faint blush coated her cheeks as she looked down.

"are you calling me beautiful?" she raised her eyebrows as arthur let out a scoff, looking at her like she was crazy.

"now, where have you gotten that idea?"

she rolled her eyes at him, before turning to leave as he chuckled and followed her.

MORGANA PENDRAGON had started to frighten isabella. something was off with her lately, ever since gwen's father died, it seemed she had a strong hatred for uther. she always had, but nothing like this.

surprisingly, morgana had invited king uther to a ride, and unsurprisingly, isabella valour decided to follow them in secret. something was most definitely not right. and while she didn't particularly like uther, he was arthur's father and her guardian for the time she spent at camelot. he was also her king.

the princess crouched down, her sword in hand as she hid behind a bush, quite a while away from the king and his ward. the guards left them which made isabella even more worried as to what morgana was planning.

isabella didn't notice the guards being killed as she moved closer to the king and morgana, staying out of sight for everyone. they were at morgana's fathers grave and isabella sighed slightly, unsure of what to do.

however, even from the distance isabella was, it was clear morgana's face was filled with guilt. tears were in her eyes and her hands shook as she listened to what the king was saying to her.

her eyes widened in horror as she saw a masked man creep up behind the king and morgana, she froze, realising who it was.

this is it.

it is time.

after these many years, isabella could finally take her revenge on the man who murdered her mother without a second thought.

she moved quickly but quietly as tauren raised his sword in the air and morgana screamed loudly, shaking her head, begging him to not do it. the king widened his eyes as he saw tauren stare down at him, waiting for the blade to kill him.

but instead, the king was faced with a sword slicing through tauren's body who yelled out in pain, and fell to his knees as isabella was revealed behind him, blood splattered across her face. uther and morgana sighed in relief, but also in shock as isabella pulled him up, forcing him to face her, vexation in her eyes.

"you took my mother from me." she whispered, shoving the sword even further inside him as the man gasped in pain.

"i do—don't even know your mother is." the man spoke weakly.

isabella pulled the sword out, kicking him to the floor. "i am isabella valour, princess of devlin and camelot. my mother was queen faye of devlin." she said loudly, slowly shoving the sword in further as she moved closer to him.

"you remember those names." she whispered, sending shivers down morgana and uther's spine, watching as she lifted her sword up, and let it come crashing down into his heart.

she stared down at the man, and thought of her mother as a quiet sob escaped her lips, wiping her face, which only made the blood smear as she turned to the king, bowing her head at the man who looked shocked.

"my lord," she bowed slightly.

he smiled, moving over to hold her face in his hands, "you saved us, isabella. thank you. i am forever grateful to you." he whispered, motioning to morgana who had tears in her eyes.

"you have proven yourself to be a worthy queen of camelot, isabella. i know arthur will be grateful to have you by his side." the man told her, she smiled lightly, whispering a thank you before moving to morgana and wrapping her in a hug.

"you were planning to have him killed." she whispered, more of a statement than a question, to morgana who froze, as isabella took a breath in, slight shock that it was actually true.

"i will never tell anyone." she promised, pulling away and turning back to the king who then pulled morgana into a hug.

isabella watched with a smile, before joining them on the journey back.

safe to say arthur was not pleased at the splattered blood across her face and dress.

"what happened?" he had exclaimed, practically yanking her off the horse to examine her as she chuckled, pushing his hands away gently.

"i am fine, arthur."

"she saved us." the king spoke up and isabella smiled lightly, as arthur took notice of the blood once again.

his eyes filled with realisation as he let out a breath, "tauren." he spoke as isabella nodded.

arthur noticed she looked shaken up, and pulled her in for a hug, realising she was trying not to cry against his chest as he held her hand, giving it a squeeze.

"she was amazing." morgana spoke up with a smile, and isabella looked up at the girl with a grateful look on her face.

"i must tell my father." she said, attempting to wipe away the blood as arthur nodded, slightly worried for her.

i really do not want to write the next ep
we all know what happens and isabella is gonna be depressed throwing up screaming crying

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1.3K 21
When Arthur rises again, 40 000 years later, Merlin is nothing but ecstatic especially when he finds out Arthur feels the same way he has since life...
224K 5K 101
Based on the entire BBC Merlin series. A story about Merlin and Arthur's adventures but with a twist Merlin has a twin sister with the same powers. A...
237K 8.4K 72
❝ when she looks into his eyes, she feels the gripping temptation to tell him all her darkest secrets; the names of the men she has killed, but she l...
217K 10K 59
━━ ⦗the swan princess! ⦘ ❝ you're beautiful! thank you, but what else? ... what else is there? ... ❞ ███████...