Scales In The Ruined

By DanielleDoustAllen

Twins. The oldest, a warlock. The youngest, a shadowhunter. Both were raised in lives the other could not fol... More

-Season One-
When Two Became One
Birthday Wishes
The Shift in the Shadows
No Worse Ways To Be Introduced
Not Your Secret To Share
When One Becomes Two
Late Night Bonding
Portal Shards & Cheesecakes
Double Potions
Shadow's Of The Past Shrouds Us
Mission Impossible
Small Trinkets of Time
Two Never Becomes Three

Fucking...werewolves

2.7K 101 40
By DanielleDoustAllen

Kassidy was the first to show up after Alec had called everyone. Which isn't much of a surprise, as Kas is able to summon portals with a flick of her wrist and has been to this pacific loft many times over her life. The two waited for the other to show, luckily they only had to wait a good fifteen minutes.

Jace barged into Clary's burnt room with Isabelle right behind him. "Where is she? Where is Clary?"

"She's gone." Alec said. The panic in his eyes was evident to Kassidy.

"What do you mean 'gone'?" Izzy questioned.

"She and Simon got arrested when Alec was minding the perimeter." It was the Warlock that answered that time.

"The mundane was here?" A sudden spark of jealousy hit the blonde Shadowhunter.

"Simon? He's gone, too?" Izzy felt bad for the guy, that was the second time he had been kidnapped under their watch.

"It was an unmarked car. I don't know where they took her." The archer rubbed his hair, not liking how Jace was looking at him.

"What did you do, Alec?" Jace took a step forward only to be held back when Kas placed a hand over his chest.

"He did what he was supposed to do." She answered his rhetorical question. "I can find them, just give me a minute." She held out her other hand, grabbing a shirt that Belle's had thrown at her, ready to track down her Carrot Cake.

—-------

About ten minutes had passed and Xander, Izzy, and Kas had all moved outside into the Alleyway, hoping that it'll make the tracking of the redhead and her glasses-wearing friend easier.

"Damn it, why are you taking so long?" Jace stopped his pacing as he asked the warlock of the group.

Grunting, her eyes opened. "I'm just getting flashes, nothing concrete."

"Give it to me." He thrusted his hand out, going to grab the shirt. "Alec and I need to parabatai track."

She yanked it out of his reach. "Warlock tracking's stronger. Even if you use your bond, you'll get nothing." She stated the obvious, well she thought it was with how many times she had to track someone for them.

"Then what is the point of you?" He got into her space as he basically yelled at her, causing her head to recoil at the outburst, trying hard not to show how badly it affected her.

"Jace!" Alec's voice echoed off the walls as he stared at the blonde Shadowhunter. How dare he act like it's Kas' fault? Jace knows the limits of her magic, they all do. He should know that something is blocking the signal.

Before anything else could be said, Izzy walked out of the loft, cell phone in hand as she just hung up on one of her many contacts. "Just like I thought. She wasn't arrested."

Jace then placed his anger onto the dark hair archer. "It was your job to look after her."

"I did my best, Jace." And he did. Alexander did what he was supposed to do, he followed Clary when she left the Institute and then told her coming back to the loft was a bad idea. But did she listen, no.

"Well, then maybe your mother was right and your best just isn't good enough!" Jace and Alec were nose to nose.

"Jace!"

"Hey!" Kas snapped at Jace as she pushed herself between the two boys. If he wanted to snap at her, fine. But if he was going to snap at one of her friends, then she'll snap back. "I get it, it's been a long couple of days and we're all exhausted, but he is your parabatai,-" She grit her teeth."-start treating him like it."

"Why are you lecturing me?" Jace question with a tone. "Alec's the one who lost your sister!"

"Clary snuck out." The warlock told him what Alec had told her. "He went after her, it's not his fault. So stop coming for us and calm down, we'll figure it out." Holding up the shirt she held in her hands slightly, glaring at her boyfriend. "Look, whoever took Clary and Simon must be holding them over water. It's why my magic can't track them and no doubt your tracking runes can't either."

Suddenly, the group hears a phone coming from a certain someone's backpack.

"Clary left her phone in her backpack." Isabelle rummaged through the bag, pulling it out.

Kas went to reach for it, but Jace snatched it out of Izzy's hand first and answered. "Hello?"

"Oh, I thought I'd never utter these words, but thank God it's you. It's me, Simon."

"Where are you? Where's Clary?"

"I don't know. Some Chinese restaurant, I think? This cop Alaric arrested us, but it was a total fake-out. Him and his buddy, they took us... They took us to their hangout and then they told Clary that they'll kill her if they don't find the Cup."

Jace just barely held back his eye roll. "Just calm down, all right? Tell us what you see."

"Okay. Uh...Uh, we're definitely on a pier. There's a ton of water. Uh... I see lockers and... Oh, my...I'm in some sort of torture chamber. There's claw marks all over the wall."

Since he placed it on speaker, everyone could hear what the Mundane was saying.

Belle's cocked her head to the side. "Werewolves."

Her brother shrugged. "That's possible."

"I hate werewolves." The warlock mumbled to Izzy who, despite the circumstances, snickered at her friend's tone.

"There's nothing else that can help—wait, hold on! Hold on. I'm at the Jade Wolf Chinese Restaurant on the pier at Greene St. And they have really inexpensive cocktails. Just hurry, just hurry."

"You need to create a diversion. Stall them."

"How? All I have are clothes and a lighter."

"Start a fire, Simon." The Shadowhunter said it like it was obvious.

"That never works! Have you ever seen an action movie?"

"We're on our way." Jace hung up the phone and turned to Kassidy, like he didn't just insult her magic. "You've been there before?"

"No,-" Kas shook her head, pushing her annoyance away for the sake of finding her sister. "-but I can get us closer." She conjured up a portal, jumping through once everyone was holding onto her so they didn't get lost.

—-------

"What? Hey! Where are you taking me?"

"Someplace safe. These people aren't messing around. They will kill you."

Jace, Alec, and Kassidy followed the voices, finding the two around the corner with Clary over Luke's shoulder.

"Clary!" Kas' voice broke through from behind the boys.

"Alec!" Jace yelled at his parabatai since he was the closest.

Alec, knowing what to do, kicked Luke's shin, forcing him to drop the girl. "Got her." He caught her as Jace smashed his boot into the werewolf's face, knocking him out.

Kas checked her over for any injuries once Alec put her down. "Are you hurt?"

She shook her head. "No, I'm fine, but they still have Simon. We need to find him."

The three friends shared a look at the mere mention of Simon. "Come on." Jace guided them to the restaurant, leaving Luke still unconscious.

Once the 'Jade Wolf' was in their sights, Isabelle and Simon ran through the fog. "Clary!" Simon ran faster after he spotted his best friend.

"Simon!" Clary met Simon in the middle with a tight hug. "Oh, my God."

Simon pulled away, checking for any injuries. "Are you okay?"

"I was so worried." The question didn't register in the girl's brain, only focusing on her best friend being alive.

Watching the interaction with a sharp pain in her heart, Kas interrupted their little meet-up. "Now that you've caught up, can we go? We're surrounded by werewolves and we need to leave unless you wanna to be lunch."

At the sound of a voice just like Clary's, Simon jerked his head to look over at the blonde. "Clary, I think the fumes are getting to me. I'm seeing two of you."

"There's not two of me, that's my twin, Kassidy." Clary explained, not bothering to look at him, too busy looking at the threat that surrounded them.

"Since when do you have a twin sister!" Simon's voice cracked.

"Since birth, Simon." Was Kas' reply.

He looked at the twin who had multiple piercings. "You know my name?"

"You basically replaced me our whole childhood." Kassidy rolled her eyes. "Of course I know your name, you're lucky I'm not killing you for it."

Simon squeaked as Clary scolded her. "Kazzie."

"What?"

Done with the conversion, Alec broke through. "Can you discuss this later?"

That seemed to snap Clary back to reality, suddenly remembering what she forgot at the loft. "Wait, wait, the box. My backpack. I think I left it at the loft."

"No, we've got it. I didn't screw up everything." Alec shook his head, glancing in all directions.

"Let's get outta here, then." The mundane went to run, but Izzy held him back.

"Wait, Simon!" She heard a growl. "Whatever you do, do not make any fast moves."

Slowly, the group was surrounded as multiple werewolves crawled out from the shadows and snarled.

"Stay behind me." Kas mumbled, pushing her sister behind her.

"This can't be good." Jace commented as he pulled out his blade. Quickly, the others followed suit. Izzy releasing her wip from her snake bracelet, Alec nocking one of his arrows and Kassidy opening her palms, letting her magic consume them.

"We're surrounded. Everyone, stay together." The archer pulled his bow up into position, getting ready to let arrows fly.

"Believe me, I'm not going anywhere." Simon looked ready to piss himself.

Suddenly, the doors to the restaurant swing open and hitting the halls with a bang, showing the biggest wolf of the pack baring its teeth.

"Everyone, get back!" Jace yelled, getting everyone's attention. "That's their alpha leader."

"Stay behind me." Kas muttered to Clary, getting ready to strike.

Just as the alpha rushed at them, Clary heard something from behind. "Kazzie, behind!" The wolf that was behind the group, jumps over them, tackling the leader to the ground.

Xander watched with a hint of confusion. "He's challenging the alpha."

"He's helping us!" The redhead gasped.

"Or cutting in line to kill us." Simon's voice cracked.

The group couldn't see much of the fight, as the two wolves went at each other behind a few crates that were doused in shadows. Snarls and whimpers echoed through the air till one of the wolves was thrown over a box, shifting back into their human form, now dead.

"The alpha is dead." Belles said as they all took a few steps forward, watching as a black wolf slowly passed the wooden slats and revealed itself to be Luke.

"Oh, my God, Luke." Clary mumbled before getting spooked by the howls of the werewolves that surrounded them, beginning to transform back into humans. "What?" They watched as they kneeled. "What is it? What's happening?"

"When a werewolf kills the alpha leader, he becomes the new alpha." Jace was the one who answered her question. "Your friend Luke's the leader of the pack now."

"Clary..."

As Luke called out her name, Clary took a step forward only to stop when Kas' arm shot out across her chest like a shield. "No."

Clary pushed the arm down gently. "It's okay." Giving her sister a look of reassurance, the redhead took a few steps closer to the man.

"I promised your mother I'd always protect you." The werewolf said before succumbing to his wounds and falling to the ground.

"Luke!" The redhead ran to him. "Oh, my God!"

Jace and Kassidy went to follow, but stopped at Alec's voice. "Hey! We need to get Clary back to the Institute and stay out of werewolf business."

"He's dying, Xander." Kas told him. "I can't just not help. I'm sorry." She really was, she knew if Clary's wasn't back at the Institute before Maryse, her temper would shake the building.

With a guilty heart, Kassidy turned around and knelt down next to Simon, going over the wolf's injuries. "He got bit by an Alpha, help him up. We need to get him to my place."

"Why?" Clary hoisted him up with the help of Simon.

"Only a warlock's magic can cure an alpha's bite." Jace clarified running over to help.

"But that's across town! Even if we drive it could be too late." The redhead began to panic.

"That's why we're portalling." The warlock conjured up a portal.

"Portals exist?" Simon eyebrows touched his hair.

"Yes, keep up." She rolled her eyes before pushing the four of them through, leaving the Lightwood siblings at the docks.

—-------

Xander and Kas (Kander)/ the bow bois are honestly the best so I feel really bad for the ending. But I can tell you, it was almost so much worse.

Anyways, kinda shorter chapter this time, but somehow Jace was still a dick!? Let's see how fast Kassidy will forgive him after he basically insulted her magic then yelled at her best friend.

Also, after much consideration from all of your answers about Kassidy joining the Crows In Shadow and Bone, I have decided she will. BUT DON'T WORRY!!!!! The Shadowhunters storyline will stay the absolute same! So that means we will make it to the very end of the show.

How it will work is after the events of the Malec wedding and before the events of Clary's art show, something will happen to our favorite warlock that causes her to meet Kaz, Jesper and Inej. But if you don't want this, that's okay, I got you!!!

I will have this book end on Clary's art show so you won't be left in the dust!! But if you want to follow Kazzie into another time, be my guest, it's what I'm writing her for!!!

If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask me! I'll be happy to answer anything.

Stay safe!

-DA

P.S not proof read

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.3K 1K 50
In the Shadow-world all the legends are true. From Werewolf's to Warlock, Vampires and angel/human hybrids called Shadowhunters, who fight demons for...
27K 757 20
Zoey Frey is the twin sister to Clary Frey. On their 18th birthday, their lives get turned upside down. While Clary learns that her memories of an un...
283K 5.8K 30
Yvanna Abigail Wayland is the younger twin sister of the notorious Jace Wayland. She is more of a rule follower than her rule breaker brother. When s...
32.5K 1.4K 25
Alec Lightwood is 21 years old and has promptly been arrested for being complicit in a group assault on a older gentleman that tried to commit rape o...