and we fell

By amyhopeey

SOFIA My life was always supposed to be described in one word. Perfect. I am the perfect princess from the pe... More

note
playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
thank you

Chapter 42

4.7K 139 19
By amyhopeey

SOFIA

"Ladies!" Nini says, entering the room with the biggest smile one could possibly ask for. She's having her "Shakespeare Academy" bag on her shoulders and wearing one of her usual cool looks. Her hair is up in a clip and she's wearing sunglasses on.

"Yeah?" I ask, not knowing what could have possible happened to make her so happy. Okay, she's usually happy. Nini is one of those people who always see the Sunshine and smile. But not like this.

She takes a flyer from her bag and shows it happily at us. I stand up from the couch, so does April, and we go to see what the paper is.

April gets to the flyer first and starts reading the title. "Romeo and Juliet in the city. World known play comes to Wrencore."

I look at Nini confused, not knowing where this was heading. She gets the hint and starts explaining.

"It's next year's big production. The school is going all in. Renting the theater, getting costumes, fancy backgrounds...Everything. And guess who has been invited to go to casting?"

She doesn't have to answer that question for me to put two and two together: "Oh my gosh! Nini, that's amazing." I scream and have her in a hug. She smiles and can't stop cheering.

"We're proud of you, babe." April adds, joining the hug. Nini thanks us both and starts giving us more details about how there will be a casting at the beginning of the next term. Only students who were invited to take part at the casting can go. And my bestie is one of them.

"So, I think it's time to celebrate. Drinks on me." she says happily. Although I normally don't go out, I accept for Nini. She's too happy and I am too proud of her to miss this out. April immediately agrees as well and goes to get change. Dia is still at rehearsals and Nessie is out with Mark, so we decide to go just us three.

Fifteen minutes later, we're all ready and sitting in Darrel's SUV. Although he didn't notice I was kidnapped that time at Alec's party, I forgave him and he's still my bodyguard. My boyfriend wasn't so thrilled about the whole thing, yet I convinced him he should just give Darrel a chance. He accepted after I asked him at least thousand times.

We arrive at this bar we sometimes go to called The Girol. Nini, April and I step out of the car, Darrel in our shadow. As we enter through the big doors, we make our way between the many people dancing to the music in the background and the drinks all around the place. Nini takes my wrist and I take April's so that we can make a human chain. It is the safest way not to get lost from each other.

The redhead leads us to the bar and shouts at the bartender, in order for him to hear: "Three shots please."

I shake my head, knowing I am not allowed to drink in public. Nini frowns and corrects herself: "Two shots please and a bottle of water."

The bartender nods and goes to bring us our order. In the meantime, the girls and I get the chance to look around the bar.

"He seems cute." Nini says, pointing at a guy standing with his back at us. He's tall with some dark hair and wearing a hoodie.

"He does", April backs her up. "And I'm sure he wouldn't mind hooking up with a sexy redhead tonight."

Nini chokes and April smirks. I let out a grin.

We are all brought to silence the moment the guy turns around.

"That's Caden freaking West", Nini shouts for the three of us. Her voice was so loud, that even the named Caden-freaking-West heard it and turned in our direction. As he sees us, he pardons himself from the ones he was talking to and makes his way to us.

"Crap", Nini says, not knowing what to do.

"Smile, babe. He's here." I warn her, whispering in her ear.

She freezes and her cheeks get a hint of red.

"Hey there, ladies." Caden says as he's next to us. Him being so close, I can see the different colors in his eyes. A mix of blue and green, that match into the perfect tone. His eyes are nice. Yet they don't make me feel anything. There's only one pair of eyes that make me shiver.

"Hi", Nini lets out, her voice cool. If she was nervous before, no one was able to notice it now. No one, except for her besties.

"West, fancy seeing you here." April adds, coming in Nini's rescue. Nini smiles relieved.

"Davis. Always a pleasure." Caden replies, taking April's hand and giving it a kiss. Nini and my eyes wide open, which makes April give us an explanation.

"Kai and West go way back. That's what happens when your brother is vice-captain of the football team."

Caden chuckles and adds: "Yeah. Say hi to Kai from me. I haven't seen much of him lately."

"That's because his ass best friend makes him train every day after hours." April answers. Her voice gets a thousand times colder as he talks about her brother's best friend, Coin. I think that if she would ever have the chance to kill that guy, she would. No regrets whatsoever.

"Coin can be brutal sometimes." Caden says, his voice low, however. And that's when I notice it. Coin, who somehow also is in the bar right now, is coming our way. He's dark hair is messy, probably from practice, and he's wearing a T-Shirt showing off his well-worked abs.

He still doesn't look better as Alec.

April doesn't notice him and continues her rant: "Brutal?! He's a freaking maniac."

As on cue, Coin appears behind her and asks: "I hope you're not talking about me, precious, otherwise people might think you're flirting with me."

The voice scared the shit out of April, and she loses it: "Geese, Coin. Is it your hobby to stalk on people?"

Coin replies something yet I am tuned out. My brain stopped working the moment he called her "precious". Nini's as well.

As I am back to reality, April and Coin are bickering in the background, Caden is looking slightly annoyed at them and Nini is looking amused at me.

"I can already picture their wedding." she whispers in my ear. I have to laugh and reply to her, in the same whisper tone: "Better get started on your Pinterest board."

"On it." Nini says, pulling out her phone and revealing her wallpaper, a picture she took of us two cheese making.

"I still hate that picture." I tell her almost laughing.

"You don't", she notices.

"No, I don't", I reply, laughing so hard I can't catch my breath.

As I think my life is amazing and nothing can destroy this night, Tessa walks out of nowhere and puts her hand on Caden's waist. Although she doesn't make it noticeable, my bestie flinches next to me.

"Oh, hi there." Tessa says, making her voice sound as if she wouldn't have noticed us. I now she has. The moment she entered this damn bar.

"Hey," I let out to be polite. She fake smiles at me and takes Caden's wrist, leading him into a corner where she starts kissing his soul out of him.

"Let's go sit down", I tell Nini, thinking she might be hurt. Even if she were, she doesn't let it show.

As we sit down, she pours the shot all at once and then takes out her phone again.

"So, how should we call the board?" she asks me smirking, already scrolling through Pinterest.

"I don't know. How was mine called again?" I ask her. She sighs partly offended, partly amused.

"My Baby Soph's Wedding. But I am shocked you didn't remember that. It is one of my biggest masterpieces."

"Yeah, right." I say laughing. She rolls her eyes amused and gives me her phone, which meanwhile showed my wedding board.

"It is. Look. I even sorted it in sections. Sophey-Dovey, Alec-with-a-freaking-b-billionaire-Dunn, venues, menus, bridesmaid's dresses and cakes. It's all here."

I scroll a bit down on her screen and realize she's right. And the names she used for my and Alec's section, they are the ones she used. Sophey-Dovey and Alec-with-a-freaking-b-billionaire-Dunn.

"Amazing", I say amused, handing her back her phone.

"I know, right? You really need to understand how damn lucky you got to have me as a bestie." she says laughing. Then continues: "I mean, it's hard to find another cute, adorable, hot, sexy, kind romcom and pumpkin spice addict out there, who would be happy to be besties with you."

"Oh, sweetie, I am honoured." I add teasingly. She smiles proud.

"That's my girl."

After she clicks on "Create a new board", we begin brainstorming names.

"What about April and Noah's board?" I ask her, proud of myself to have come up with a name. Nini's disgusted look proves me wrong.

"Girl, we're doing this for fun, not for an essay paper. How about Babe-and-her-crazy-as-shit-enemy-future-husband?"

I look at her questioning where on Earth does she get her ideas. And for the second time tonight, something happens as on cue. April appears from behind, her face expression showing how exhausted she is.

"I swear, if I have to see that sucker ever again, I will break every one of his bones until he can't even stand on his feet anymore."

It's then she notices how invested Nini is browsing through Pinterest pictures and the passion she has while cropping a picture she finds fitting right now, to put it as board cover.

"What are you two doing?" April asks us suspiciously. Nini answers for the both of us.

"Creating your wedding board."

April raises an eyebrow and tries not to show her shock. She fails. Her face screams shock.

"With?" she asks us, even more doubts in her voice.

"Noah Coin." Nini answers matter-of-factly.

April snaps: "I can't believe it. As if you would actually ship me with that pathetic loser. I could never be with him. I though you are my best friends."

"We are", Nini replies. Then, she continues: "That's why we're shipping you with him."

"Unbelievable." April says, drinking her shot and asking the waiter for two more. I guess it hit her hard.

As April was over at the bar to get her drinks, Nini bends down to my ear and whispers: "She'll thank us one day."

"That's if she doesn't kill us first", I reply. Nini thinks about it for a few seconds before she agrees.

"Good point."

As on cue, for the third time, Coin comes at us and asks: "Have you seen precious?'

"I'm sorry, what?!" I blurt out. Nini only blinks from the shock. Coin seems to have lost his entire patience.

"Oh, come on. Davis. Have you seen her?"

My brain still kept sending errors. So did Nini's. Except, mine was the first one to start working again.

"Oh, you mean April? Yeah, she's at the bar."

Coin doesn't answer, doesn't even say thank you that we helped him. Nini gets pissed.

"Hey, Coin?"

Coin turns around and looks at the redhead as if he would want to crush her that moment for keeping him busy.

"April doesn't want to talk to you right now. Or ever. So, I'm asking you not to break her heart. I don't like people who break my best friends 'hearts. And trust me, you don't want me to not like you."

"Are you threatening me, Elway?" Coin asks, and I am surprised he even knew Nini's last name. He seems to be the kind of guy who doesn't give a shit.

"I am, Coin. I am." my bestie answers, her voice polite yet dangerous. Even Coin gets the hints and walks away.

"You know you'll never get a boyfriend like this." I tell her, when I'm sure Coin is far away from us and wouldn't be able to hear anything.

"Good thing I'm not looking for one. I'm going to be that fun single bitch that can threaten anyone she likes." she replies, seeming actually happy with what she said. There was something that denied her statement though...

"That's not how you looked at Caden, though."

That blush of red reappears on her cheeks.

"Caden? Nah, he's not important. I mean, yeah, I liked him before, but I can't stand him now. He used to be nicer before dating Tessa. Now, he doesn't talk as much when he's around her. It's weird he even opened his mouth today."

I nod, sad at what she said. She notices, so she changes to topic: "Anyway, enough about this sad shit. So, how's your boo?"

"He's good." I say, feeling my cheeks red. Gosh, even thinking about Alec gives me butterflies.

"Good?! Girl, you look like someone lit you up on fire. Seems more than good to me."

I chuckle, knowing she's right.

"Well, yeah. It's more than good. I've never felt like this before, Nini. It's like...when I'm with Alec...my world is whole. No matter where we are, he makes me feel home. And he's caring. And kind. And looks at me as if I were something special..."

"Because you are", Nini quickly interrupts me. I look at her thankfully, which makes her continue: "You know, Soph? When you first told me you're dating Alec Dunn, I was afraid you'll mind end up getting your heart broken. I was terrified. Because I don't want anyone to hurt you. But now? I can see that he's the right one for you. One has to be a fool not to notice the way he looks at you."

"And how's that?" I ask her whispering.

"Like he's in love." Nini answers. I lose it and give her a hug. It's only when I'm holding her tight to my chest that she whispers: "I'm still getting the bridesmaid role, right?"

"For sure", I reply chuckling.

We spend the rest of the night searching photos for our newest board and dancing to the music. After a while, April joins us on the dance floor, with an even bigger wish to end Coin's life. It makes me wonder what could have possibly happened between the two, to make them hate each other so much. I mean, I don't think it just happened like that. A hate as big couldn't just fall from the sky.

It is against midnight as I get Alec's text.

HIM: Hey there, Foxy.

HIM: I just wanted to ask you what you're doing tomorrow?

HIM: Would you be interested in a date?

I smile like an idiot, which makes my best friends notice.

"Is it Daddy Boy?" April asks, using her nickname for him.

I nod happily. Nini takes over the interrogation.

"And, what does he want?"

"To take me on a date tomorrow."

Nini and April share a proud look, which ends with Nini almost shouting: "So, what are you waiting for?! Say yes."

I chuckle and open my phone to answer him.

ME: Hi, babe

ME: I'm always interested in a date with you.

His reply comes in less than five seconds.

HIM: Well, that's convenient.

HIM: Because I have planned something amazing.

HIM: Just like you.

I'm blushing. My friends notice again.

"Seriously now, does this guy have any extra brothers for us?" April asks. I haven't told her how Alec killed a guy and had a fight with his brother yet. Or how they ended up shooting at each other until my guy got a scrape on his ribcage and his brother had to be sent to the hospital for a broken leg. I didn't tell her any of that. I only told it to Nini. Who now gives me a sad look.

"Trust me. You're better off without the brother." I reply cold at the memory of Callum Dunn. April gets the hint and doesn't ask any further questions.

ME: Has anyone ever told you you're an amazing sweet-talker?

HIM: I am?

ME: Yeah, the biggest sweet-talker on Earth.

HIM: No, you would be the first

HIM: But that's also because I don't sweet-talk to anyone else

HIM: You're the only one.

ME: Womankind must be jealous

HIM: I know, right?

HIM: Guess you can consider yourself lucky.

ME: I already do.

ME: Trust me, baby.

ME: It only takes one look into your eyes and I already know how damn lucky I am.

HIM: Who's the sweet-talker now?
ME: Shut up, asshole.

I have to chuckle. Nini throws me a happy look.

HIM: So, tomorrow? Date?

ME: Yes.

ME: A thousand times yes.

HIM: Great.

HIM: I'll come pick you up at your dorm.

HIM: Oh, and pack a little suitcase, Foxy.

I gasp.

And don't understand what he's up to.

ME: Pack a little suitcase?!

ME: Babe, where are you taking me?

HIM: It's a surprise.

HIM: Do you trust me?

I don't have to think much about the answer.

ME: Yes

HIM: Then, I'll see you tomorrow, Foxy.

ME: Can't wait.

HIM: Me neither. I already miss you. I need you. You're like my oxygen. Without you, I'm gone.

"Okay, seriously now, can one find him on etsy?" April asks, looking over my shoulder at my texts. I laugh softly.

"No, I don't think so."

"Tinder? Ebay? Anything?" she continues teasingly. "I mean, what are the chances you meet someone who's both a billionaire and the sweetest guy on Earth?"

Small. Very very small.

I smile guilty and turn back to texting my boyfriend.

ME: Love you, Alec.

HIM: Love you more, Foxy.

HIM: Sweet dreams.

"I'm going to need your Pinterest, Nini." April tells the redhead. "I mean, that's my only hope right now."

Nini grins and adds: "Welcome to the club."

I smile and continue dancing to the music.

I can't wait to see where Alec is taking me. But no matter where we'll go, I know I am going to love it.

As long as I'm with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 402 28
Life was so perfect for her untill she get to know about her dark past......the past that was hidden from her For him his life was nothing but dark...
214K 8.7K 63
Romero, struggling to push through the day to day life of his world: court bills, money, family, money, the past, money, his own mind, and more money...
609K 21.3K 51
For both the families, It was just a business deal. A partnership, that would ensure their 'Billionaire' titles. And to top it all off, they even agr...
13.9K 188 7
"I want to be completely yours." I whispered and his lips parted slightly. "You sure-" he cleared his throat. " I mean, are you aware that I'm-" "Wou...