Duplicitous | T.N.

By sofiamariaisabel1

Aurora the sleeping beauty, damned to a boundless doze. Only true loves kiss had the power to haul her from s... More

Cast
I • 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes and 362 8800 seconds
II • Nail chewing is a bad habit
III • Little Miss too perfect for me
IV • What are you hiding?
V • True colours
VI • Prejudice
VII • Physiological warfare
VIII • That one blissful moment
IX • More Angst
X • Every time 'Great' is said, note the sarcasm
XI • Dumbledores Army
XII • Half the angel
XIII • No clubs
XIV • Pure Dread
XV • Spells and Stunning
XVI • Two graves
XVII • A sneaky bugger
XVIII • Drowning sorrows in thick liquor
XIX • Anthony Creevey
XX • Shame
XXI • Downturned Glares
XXII • A brush with war
XXIII • Red & Green Ying & Yangs
XXIV • Two Stolen Angels
XXV • Selfish Hatred
XXVI • Repeated Mistakes
XXVII • Stern memories
XXVIII • Sleeping Beauty
XXIX • To reign hell
XXX • Injuries and Assumptions
XXXI • Armestice
XXXII • Bad news at Breakfast
XXXIII • Forbidden Serpent
XXXIV • Jovial Encounters
XXXV • Daring Lions & Crafty Serpents
XXXVI • I made a friend...
XXXVII • Almosts & Atelophobia
XXXVIII • Triumphed smiles
XXXIX • Hit me
XL • The real Fox
XLI • I can't
XLII • Concealed shames
XLIII • Pretty Blondes
XLIV • Stained, inky crushes
XLV • My father
XLVI • Various departures
XLVII • Owed Favours
XLVIII • Authentic sneers
XLIS • Parrallel || lellarraP • XLIS
L • Fantasy Letters
LI • A corpes' touch
LII • Nott acceptable
LIII • A scented boy
LIV • Cast under influence
LV • An Opal Curse
LVI • The end marks the beginning, the beginning marks the end
LVIII • Cruel Bastards
LIX • A loathing
LX • Red handed
LXI • Deceitful doves
LXII • Once upon a dream
LXIII • The prodigal boyfriend
LXIV • Gothic fears and families
LXV • Bewitched minds
LXVI • The highs and hows of a teenage girl
LXVII • Complexion
LXVIII • Jam on toast
LXIX • Familiar Faces

LVII • In the rain

2.2K 78 82
By sofiamariaisabel1

"What're we doing?" He broke apart their connected lips. "This is wrong."

"So wrong." She continued to kiss him, hands entangled in his hair, a fiery drive fuelling the very passion of their kiss.

His hands held her head just as desperately, the pads of his fingers curled within her dark locks. "We should stop." He pressed his face harder against hers.

"Yeah, we should." She too dove further within the abyss that was their heated sanctuary. Lost in the mind stealing sea, her conscience sentenced to oblivion, she refused to disconnect her lips from his for more than a second.

Stealing a breath of air, they painted, heads pressed tightly against each other, eyes closed, smiles influenced as they relaxed. For a moment. Once their breath had been regained, they merely continued harder yet slower than before.

The hand that held him upward clenched a chunk of grass.

No. They weren't in the kitchens. It had in fact been a week since the very first time their lips had connected, and since that time, lost in the maze that was others presence, all they did was smack their mouths together with such ferocity, blood was bound to draw. With the subconscious plan to snog until their lips burned raw was a difficult feat, and based off the way they moved, they subtly feared they'd achieve it. Yet neither made the move to stop.

"I'm so wrong for you." He whispered, a hand fiddling with the string of hair that framed her face, pushing it behind her ear, he just... looked at her.

"Are you?" Her lips pursed. And for the first time the awkwardness settled in. Sat within the meadow of the dark forest, pleasant sun beams emphasised the mere curve of their features. Flowers and moss blossomed, the stream sung, and the nearby critters croaked. They had dedicated too much time to each other and within that time they fought to keep it indifferent.

Convinced that what they did was wrong, that's what they said, what they repeated. The reality that it perhaps wasn't so wrong was the scary aspect. Theodore felt his old habits mess with him. He gulped them down. "No." He scoffed.

"What?" She snapped.

"Doesn't matter." He pecked her lips twice, and when his lips moved against hers, she did not move along with them, this had him halting. He sighed. "I don't know what I'm doing." The Slytherin huffed.

"Neither do I."

"So just shut up and kiss me." And then they continued.

The silent promise that their kisses ensured were growing weaker.
Made of steal and iron, a wall separated them, physically they remained interlinked as their bodies moved against each other, but mentally however, their souls had been banished. Their constant refusal to communicate was growing more and more difficult. If opinions weren't shared, miscommunication was bound to hit them, it didn't stop them from wishing to evade it.

So they kissed, and did not speak.

This went on for several days.

•   •   •

Despite their absence of connection on a personal level, their affectionate ways came to no swift nor tragic end. It was strange almost, the thrill that was scored through the little things. The glances; empowering, the touches; enthralling. Drugged with giddiness, they allowed it to continue, barreling toward something they feared they could not step away from. Yet at the very same time, they didn't exactly want to step away from anything.

For Aurora it was the potential that left her wary. The unknown had her shook as much the opportunity. She did not know what could occur, what she was willing to invest. After all, it had just been a simple kiss within a simple moment.

Theodore, however, festered a far darker fear, one that came in the form of a hideous tattoo of which symbolised his allegiance. He was running on borrowed time, how long, he feared, would he be able to maintain it.
But all that clouded his fear ridden mind was the rushed sensation of pure euphoria. Influenced by the beautiful lie. For now, he decided, he would use the time he had left.

Draped comfortably upon his bed, an open book rested in his palm, a leisure activity that often brought him solace. He needed that break. And so he read, and across the room, Blaise changed. Throwing on his darkest blazer, and tying his finest tie. His fingers fiddled around the flimsy fabric as he aimed to have it look its very best.

"You're actually going to this thing?" Theodore chuckled, his eyes not even departing from the contents of his book.

"It's good for my reputation." The other wizard replied his chin held high as he finished the knot. "You're just jealous Slughorn didn't invite you." He laughed teasingly.

"No, I just reckon it's completely useless." Theodore frowned, a little hurt he hadn't been selected as one of Hogwarts finest, but he knew why he wasn't attending he wasn't an idiot to believe it had to do with anything other than his fathers obvious allegiance to the dark lord.

Slughorn had no wish to fraternise with the 'enemy'. Although Theodore was definitely his enemy, the very dark mark he wore proving so, Slughorn did not know that, and the boy did not very much favour being segregated due to pure prejudice reasoning. Despite how true it happened to prove.

Blaise sensed this, Theodore hadn't directly told him of the ink that seethed through the surface of his flesh, but he wasn't an idiot, nor was he ignorant, he offered support in the ways he could. "It's just gonna be some overachievers."

That didn't make Theodore feel better in the slightest. Especially considering Blaise had just assured him that his over achiever would be there, if she was his, which remained unclear. "Oh?" He feigned disinterest but Blaise could see it through he way his lips pursed as his eyes departed from his page. He frowned.

"You know the stuck up bunch who try too hard." He was still attempting to de-advertise the event with the intention of making Theodore feel better. But why was it, the more he did so, Theodore seemed more and more interested?

"They're not all stuck up." He murmured with no intention for Blaise to hear it. "It's fine." He released a puff of frustrated air. "Never wanted to go anyway."

The Zabini wizard watched his friend calculatedly through the reflection of his mirror. A simple idea as to why his friend was so invested brushed his mind, and he didn't think to dismiss it so quickly. Flores had visited just over two months ago, and Blaise certainly did not forget the encounter. They thought they were being sneaky. But they weren't. Blaise considered it, she was certainly an overachiever, bound to attend that night, but would Theo, his Theo, care?

That was were he placed his suspicions aside for another time.

"Well, mate." He adjusted his blazer one last time. "I'm off. Don't miss me too much." He winked.

"No promises." Theo called in response from his bed, eyes back to enrapturing the works of Jane Eyres mind.

His well dressed friend cackled as he moved through the empty hallways. Dressed to complete prestige, he held his head high with confidence, a notion his mother had taught him from a very early age. And with no doubt in himself he swerved into the office of which the fine dinner was to be hosted.

Dressed in formal attire everyone had been. Blaise easily out dressed them all, he took pride in doing so. Stealing the unoccupied seat closest to him, Slughorn was quick to greet him and the girl who came to sit beside him. His eyes widened when none other than the Flores witch snatched the seat. She smiled grimly at him.

Measly questions were thrown by the Professor, the topics most involved power and success, the students selected each were snuffed out from the crowd with the idea that power would not elude them. Well... most students. Blaise could very easily see the distain that marked Slughorns face as he spoke with Thomas Belby. The boy more interested in the food before him than his professor.

It wasn't hard to guess Belby wouldn't be invited again. Blaise flinched at the way the boy devoured his food, scorfing down his desert with such a vile manner, Blaise felt himself gag. It seemed Slughorn had been equally as bothered, for his nose had scrunched and was quick to sway the conversation elsewhere.

"Flores!" The jolly man grinned. "Please, how have your brothers been." He laughed. "You see I knew your father around the time 'little Kai' was born, lights of his life those two." The man spoke, specifically not once mentioning the taboo name that was Andrea Flores.

"Oh, well my brothers had just spent the past year in America, apparently they were off studying-" and that's when she zoned out. Not once did she halt the conversation, nor did she disrupt the flow, the words left her mouth so smoothly, yet there was no emotive aspect, no opinion. Like a machine, her word process poured, no matter how lack of heart it appeared to be, it was very much what made her likeable.

"Oh, why that's very interesting." Slughorn grinned. "So tell me about-." Conversation remained rehearsed and honestly a bore, but she kept up her smile and enhanced her persona. 'If only Theodore saw me now' she thought. A smile broke out on her face at the thought, apparently her smile had worked accordingly toward the conversation, for Slughorn laughed as if he had just shared the most immaculate joke, she breathed her own chuckle.

Thankfully his attention had been swiftly stolen from Harry himself, his mere presence exciting the professor more than the others. Harry himself seemed bothered by the overwhelming attention, he worse at hiding it, smiled awkwardly and nodded frantically. Aurora laughed from where she sat and like a game of hot potato, their professors attention was thrown around, student after student left with the burden that was ass kissing their way toward Slughorns good graces.

Blaise remained the only student who seemed to offer minimal effort in achieving their Teachers approval. With a half hearted attitude, he shrugged his shoulders and darkened his already black demeanour. Zabini was a ray of pure sunshine, that was until he was left in the lion pit... alone. So the wizard felt forced to brood in his chair wishing he were somewhere else.

His deep chocolate eyes roamed over the girl who sat silently beside him, her arms folded before her, she wore a simple blue dress. The fabric, he examined, was not of the finest quality but suited her complexion well. Stealing a bite of his dessert before him, he watched as she did the same, listening intently as Harry spoke to the puffy eyed Weasley girl who had arrived late.

As Rory had leant forward, extending her neck, to steal a bite of the delicious ice cream treat, a strand of hair had fallen from over her dainty shoulder. And under where it had been, Blaise noticed the dark purple bruise. His eyes widened. A hickey... on Aurora Flores. His mind could not fathom what she had been doing, not miss Vanilla, no way.

Stealing yet another swift peak, he was shocked to learn it had not been a trick of the lighting, nor a dark shadow from under her hair. Aurora Flores wore a hickey, he turned back to his dessert in disbelief. With the intentions to remain discreet, he leant over toward her. "Love?" He murmured.

The girl turned her head to look toward him. Then her head turned the other way, and then back again, he was talking to her. She stifled a gasp of surprise. "Uhm?" She fiddled with her fingers.

"You have a little something." He scratched his own neck, directly over the spot were her mark had bulged. "Right there." Her hand slapped the very spot. Blushing deep red, she coughed in embarrassment. Casting her head away from him, he watched as she attempted to brush her hair over that side. She had done a suitable job at concealing the purple bruise, yet if he had spotted it, he knew there were still chances someone else would.

Her palm rubbed harshly into the curve of her neck, as the Slytherin stood, offering his own palm toward her. She took it. "Professor, I'm feeling quite faint, may we be excused?" She pretended to support his stature, as though we were moments from collapsing.

"Oh why, of course. Do feel better Mr Zabini." Slughorn loved the power of such a name, that's why Blaise had received the invitation, curtsey of his mother's reputation. "Oh Rory, too kind of you, helping a friend of a different house." And then he burst into conversation of house diversity, forgetting the two entirely. They snuck from the room unnoticed.

The walk from the room consisted an internal scolding within her busy mind. Damn Theodore! Her thoughts had hissed, disguising the giddy fluster that threatened to warm her insides. Oh Theodore.

Shut up. Her thoughts silenced accordingly.

Concealing themselves behind the corner of a wall, he brushed her hair behind her ear. Despite the intensity of such an intimate act, there was something so natural about it. As though, despite how close their faces remained, it meant nothing. He simply close. And that was fine.

Questions begged his focused mind, and despite how curious he remained, the boy remained respectfully silent as his wand healed the tainted skin. The heavy colour dripped back and through her skin, and into her blood stream, back where it belonged. Lowering his wand, he assessed her plain skin, deciding his work was done, he offered her a smile. She returned it.

"Thanks." She sweetened her picture perfect grin, eyes thinning as she did so.

"You'd do the same for anyone." He nodded once, before turning on his heel, coat thrown over his shoulder, hand in his pocket as he walked away.

With a typical jump in his stride, the boy skipped down the dark stairs of which led to the snake pit he titled home. Passing the very serpents, he opened the door to his dorm. All his mates but one, had been seduced by the luxury of sleep. Theodore hadn't been, slumber evaded him those days, especially when his arm ached daggers.

His eyes, raised from the book he still hadn't put down, waiting as Blaise hung up his blazer, having always refrained from simply shrugging his wear over the back of his desk seat, like all the other guys did. He had been raised properly, he would often say.

The dark wizard, sat upon Theo's bed. Crossing his leg as gossip was bound to pour from his loose lips, a habit Theodore noticed had been developed from Pansy, the Queen of Gossip herself. "What?" He drawled, already expecting the supposed 'drama'.

"You'll never guess what." His friend sat unfazed, nearly uninterested, he knew Blaise would surely tell him either way. "Aurora Flores." He spoke.
Theodore's book lowered. Swiftly, it sat face down upon his lap. Blaise had unintentionally earned his mates undivided attention. "I was sat next to her, right?" Theodore nodded, attentively. "And I saw this terrible hickey on her neck. Whoever she had been with must've been committed." His arms flayed around comically. "I was worried it was about to start bleeding. I mean, Aurora Flores!"

The Zabini wizard was immediately met with the most devious smirk he had ever witnessed. Lowering his gaze back toward his novel Theodore lazily emitted the most horrendous waves of pure satisfaction, the malice of said behaviour so sharp, it embedded the curve of Blaises neck, he ignored the sharp strike that shot down his very spine.

"Not so innocent after all, huh?" The boy chewed his curled lip, his teeth clenching down on the budding smile that endangered his secret. Such pride in himself fought desperately to betray his face as Blaise ranted on. Each word inspired an intense memory from within him, the way his tongue had grazed her very skin as he sought to leave his mark.

He suddenly grew excited. Such possessive tendencies often evaded him, yet there he had been, his hands on her ribs, as his mouth sucked upon her sensitive skin, eliciting a song of gentle moans and heavy breaths -

"Theodore?" His day dream, interrupted. The Slytherin expression grew dark at such an intrusion. "You listening mate?"

The boy huffed. "Yes." He smiled stiffly.

"I reckon it's that Hooper guy." Blaise stroked his chin, deep in thought. "Geoffrey Hooper!" He recalled. Theodore glared. "The boy's in our year and his group of daft lions haven't shut up about her." He scoffed. "It's so obvious he has a massive thing for her."

"Not even she would settle for such a pathetic nuisance." The boy seethed. "A sorry excuse for a Gryffindor really. Isn't the house supposed to be for the brave? Can barely work up the nerve to talk to her, that boy."

"You seem passionate about this."

"I simply loath obnoxious morons who fret in the mere presence of a girl." His eyes failed to leave his page, fearful for that if they may form contact with his friends, Blaise might prove witness to the swarming shadow of detest that blurred his pure sky blues. Suffice to say, he hated the lack of credit he was receiving. "I'm just saying, she'd choose someone better."

Blaise smiled as he spoke. "Mclaggen?"

He was doing this in purpose, Theo swore.

Theodore's book slammed abruptly shut. "Bloody hell, course not."

"And why not? He's surely confident." His eyes narrowed. "And he did have a thing for Flores last year- "

"That was last year." He sole promptly. "Besides, he has a thing for Granger now."

"Uh huh?" He spoke and nodded slowly, stretching out his words, tasting the bitterness of the very suspicions that peaked from behind each syllable. "You're making it sound like it was you."

He paused. "Well, obviously not." He sighed. "I just don't appreciate your lack of fine detective work, if you're trying to guess who it is, at least think whilst you do so." Offering a straight line for a smile, he dropped his book upon his bedside table, flicking off the creamy light. Shifting his body away from his friend he spoke once more. "Night."

"Night mate."

And the topic was dropped.

•   •   •

His hand gently traced the patch of pure skin. Blaise hadn't told him he'd gotten rid of it. Anger became him. "He got rid of it?"

"Well I couldn't just walk around with a hickey, now could I?" She scoffed, scribbling her notes for homework as he sat unproductively beside her. "Aren't you supposed to be working?" The Gryffindor continued to write.

Sat, seven stories up, within the curved walls of the astronomy tower, they completed their homework. Well, she completed her homework whilst Theodore sat boredly beside her. The rhythmic patter of heavy rain, keeping the two company. Theodore, had grown agitated when he learnt she had actually wanted to do homework and hadn't invited him as a rouse to snog. After rejecting his request to simply make out, he moped in his spot.

Brushing her brunette curtains from her neck, he lowered his desperate lips toward her gorgeous tanned skin, claiming it begged for his touch. When her shoulders raised to her chin, blocking him, the boy scoffed. And then he stood.

"Where are you going?" She raised her voice, the tint of red irritation swimming along her words.

"Away." He collected his bag.

"Why?" Her words formed timid, it had him hesitating.

"Because, Aurora, you simply aren't interested in me." His bag flung over his shoulder.

"How'd you reach that assumption?" She shrieked in fuming disbelief.

"It's fine, you like that Geoffrey guy anyway, right?" He smiled, the discontent shadowed by it.

A heavy sensation of realisation overcame her. Forming the ugly constellation that what they had was simply physical shamed her mind. Humiliation had her ears burning as she connected the dots, but something didn't quite add up. "No. I don't." She was reluctant to speak her following words. "I thought you knew who I liked." The rain stomped It's droplets from the open balcony.

"What, me?"

"Yeah, you!"

His knees grew wobbly, yet he willed to remain painfully stiff. "Well it doesn't bloody seem like it." He raised an open palm gesturing to the girl who remained sat on the ground.

"You can't always expect physical affection from me, I thought my company would be enough." Worry ate at her. Grey clouds threw heavier droplets of fated water upon the stone floor.

"Well." He visibly dimmed, lost for words. "I thought that's what this meant." He knew his words weren't making sense.

You see, in order to understand Theodore Nott, one must understand that the majority of his lonely adolescents had been stripped of parental affection, his mother in her grave, his father in his office. Love was foreign to him. Physical affection was all he had endured through a string of eager lovers. Romance remained painfully alien. He didn't know how that sort of stuff worked, he assumed it would remain physical still.

"I don't know what I'm doing Aurora." His hands shook, clenching them tightly within his flexed fists, he urged them still.

"What do you want?" She spoke firmly.

"I don't know."

"What do you want?" Her very words punctured holes within his chest.

"You know what I want." His eyes refrained from hers, the girls gaze too heavy for him to uphold. The rain ceased to dim, and as silence overcame the two, the echo of drilling water was all he could seek menial comfort from.

"Then why deflect?" Her words wavered. "Why try to hurt me?" A new found anger slapped her just as guilt had done him. "You can't do that Theodore! Refuse communication and then grow furious when a misunderstanding occurs. You can't do that to me!"

"I know." His tone quiet. The rain had near drowned out his words,and if she hadn't had focused her attention entirely upon him, she may've missed the low sound that was his shame ridden voice.

His words had quickly come to quell her seeping rage of which she was surprised had exposed itself at all. And then she realised how they had ended up where they were. Theodore, the supposed expert at unveiling the matter of her mind had never done so for himself. "You're an idiot Theodore Nott." She kissed his set frown.

He kissed her back with a surge of hesitance, fearful he may poke the budding dragon of which had never had it's chance to unleash its merciless flame. He did not wish to be burnt, at least, not then.

"How can I make it up to you?" His lips feverishly brisker over hers. He watched as her eyes shifted toward the balcony of the astronomy tower. From outside, they could see the angry clouds as they unleashed their watery wrath upon the fields of Scotland. A budding wish came to mind.

She chewed her bottom lip. "Well, I have always wanted to kiss in the rain."

An amused grin teased her from where he stood. Holding her hands tightly, be brought them closer to his chest. Not one bit surprised to find himself within the presence of yet another hopeless romantic. "Okay." Endearingly, he pulled her toward the rain exposed balcony.

The sky continued to spit the salty beads of water from above them, if it were under any other circumstances, he may've loathed the way his clothes stuck to his skin. He actually did, hated it, yet continued to ignore the bothersome wetness as the giddy smile pulled at Auroras cheeky face.
The very volume of their hair had left them as it thinned, smudged upon their heads as they grew soaked.

Theodore did not know what was to come, he had his assumptions and theories, most did not favour him, yet as he stared upon the rain soaked girl who shivered before him, he smiled. For no matter how much remained unknown, he had a clue as to what he wanted. And there he stood, in the heavy, annoying rain, a smile pulled at his face and new sensations within his chest.

He smiled, one last time, before he pulled up the neck of the girl he dearly liked too much for his own good, and stole her within an extremely cliche kiss.

_________________________________

AN,

For @euhviolet and the rest of you beauties xx. Hope you liked that rain kiss ;) Have a splendid day, all. And get ready for a shit tone of fluff and then toxicity and then more fluff. Mwuah, Sofia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 628 42
The full moon that started it all. "Then when the sun turns into the moon, I am reminded how alone I am in the abyss of life." All Aspen Lewis wants...
18K 545 22
• Book 1 • TW:/// mentions of DFV (domestic family violence/abuse) and depression. Read at own risk. Olivia Kensington is a pureblood. Her parents ar...
1.4M 32.4K 50
A Theodore Nott Love Story. *** Everything isn't what it seems. *** "Lies! It's all lies, Theo!" I raised my voice, tears brimming the edge. "What...
60.7K 1.2K 34
She was a forgotten in her line of purebloods. He was a broken soul. They were opposites in character. Yet so perfect for each other. They evened out...