All The Love Songs About You...

By ashley_swift

"And suddenly all the love songs were about her." Erynn Wiggins, Lead Vocalist of the up and coming band "Qui... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 1: The Yellow Flower
Chapter 2: Eater of French Toasts
Chapter 4: I'm the Band Manager
Chapter 5: Can I take you out?
Chapter 6: Caoimhe
Chapter 7: Mystery Girl
Chapter 8: Caoimhe's Drunk Escapade
Chapter 9: Berlin Music Festival
Chapter 10: No Hug?
Chapter 11: She's Mystery Girl
Chapter 12: Afterparty
Chapter 13: I have a crush
Chapter 14: Day 2
Chapter 15: Can I text you?
Chapter 16: Back Home
✨ Special Chapter ✨
Chapter 17: let's keep it a secret
Chapter 18: Dinner Date
Chapter 19: I Love You
Chapter 20: Love isn't enough
Chapter 21: We need to talk
Chapter 22: It's Over
Chapter 23: A Fresh Start
Chapter 24: 8 months
Chapter 25: Men are Assholes
Chapter 26: I miss her
Chapter 27 1/2 : I need to see her
Chapter 27 2/2 : She moved on
Chapter 28: Stuck with you
Chapter 29: Begin Again...
Chapter 30: Clueless Friends
Chapter 31: Hi mom
Chapter 32: Home
Epilogue
The Marriage Bargain
Bonus Chapter: My Fiancée!

Chapter 3: I'm going to Berlin!

2.4K 93 9
By ashley_swift

Saffron's POV:

I dropped Nima off right in front of my office building. She insisted on coming up to my office with me and hanging for a bit. I told her off, saying I do work when I'm in the office and not just lounge around. I drove forward, heading to the underground parking, looking back to check if Nima's booking for an uber already. Nima looked up from her phone waving goodbye before sitting down on the nearby bench. She'll be fine.

I parked my car in my usual space and got on the elevator up to the tenth floor. I've been working at this company for a little over 3 years now, at first I was stationed at a small cubicle but now I get to have my own office corner. It's something that I had to argue over with with my boss, I deserved my own space after getting so many exclusive interviews and getting access to VIP events and shows. It wasn't much of a fight though 'cause we both know I'm good at my job and I deserve it.

Greeting some of my co-workers with a smile, I quickly entered my office, dropping my bag off before heading straight to my boss's office.

"Hey Sandra, is the boss here already?" I asked Sandra, the boss's secretary.

"Good Morning Saffron, Ma'am is inside already." Sandra replied smiling back at me. She's a sweet middle aged lady who started working here shortly after the company was founded 40 years ago. I smiled back, saying a quick thank you before heading on over to knock on the boss's door.

"Come in." Hearing that, I went in quickly seeing my boss sitting down in front of her desk, signing paperworks.

Teresa Smith, The CEO and founder of the company I'm working for, "Under the radar" She's a fierce boss lady in her late 60s. She commands every room she enters, but she's the nicest to her employees, especially those that can prove their value.

I like to think that we have a bond, she's like a second mother to me. She's the one that personally recruited me into the company after learning about my blog that became popular amongst music enthusiasts.

Back in college, I started a blog as a place to put my song & album reviews and criticisms. I thought nothing of it, I didn't expect it to blow up and gain traction but it did and soon enough the right people started noticing, and one of them was Teresa herself, she saw my potential and even promised me the job was mine, although I was still in my last year of College at the time. And after graduating, I started here right away.

"Hi Teresa, Good Morning." I greeted, giving her the sweetest smile I could muster. I sat down in front of her and place my chin on the palm of my right hand, waiting for her to look at me.

"Good Morning Saffron, To what do I owe the pleasure?" She asked, briefly looking at me before resuming her work.

"Nothing much, can't I just come visit my favorite boss in the world? Not to mention the prettiest and nicest one I could ever ask for." I replied. Come on, take the bait.

"Okay, you got my attention darling, what do you need?" Teresa quipped back, putting her pen down and mimicking my exact pose.

"Can I please get a ticket to Berlin?" Batting my eyelashes at her "Pretty please?"

"For work or vacation?" Teresa asked.

"For work, I promise. You know that big music festival that happens every summer? I want to document that and also try to get an exclusive interview with this band." I sat back properly, anticipating her reply. I usually get what I want, but you just never know with Teresa.

"Ah yes I remember, Sadly Patrick was already assigned to document that festival, he's got the ticket already."

"Damn." I sighed, about to stand up from the chair.

"But..."

I sat back down, looking hopefully at Teresa. Please, please be good.

"What's the name of the band again? Maybe a trip to Berlin would be worth it just to get an exclusive interview with them."

I beamed with delight at what I just heard. Clearing my throat, I began, "They call themselves "Quirky Stevens" They formed just a little over a year ago but their debut single quickly hit the charts here in the UK and in the US, and get this, They won the GRAND Award for Breakthrough Artist - Single for their debut single. Their fan base is growing quickly by the second and last I heard they're gonna release their debut album later this year. Pretty Impressive right?"

Teresa nodded, looking lost in thought for a moment. I couldn't read her face in this moment so I knew I had to do more persuading.

"And also! I heard they haven't done a single interview with anybody else, so if I get this chance, we would not only be the first but the one and only magazine to get their exclusive interview. Plus it's an all-female band and they're all part of the LGBTQ+ community, so we can feature them on the cover of our June Issue. The Festival is also on June 15th so it's a win-win situation!" I heaved without so much as breathing. Teresa kept quiet, mulling it over in her head.

Please say yes Teresa, pretty pleaseeee, I kept repeating over and over in my head like a mantra while waiting for her reply.

"Okay." She hummed, and resumed signing her paperworks like nothing happened.

"Just Okay? What do you mean? Is that a yes or a no?" I questioned, suddenly confused.

"It means..." she paused her actions, looking up "You're going to Berlin!" She smiled.

I smiled so wide, I felt like my cheeks were splitting apart. I'm going to Berlin! I went around the table, giving Teresa a side hug and repeatedly saying Thank you.

"Calm down honey, it's not like I gave you a vacation, this is still work remember." She said chuckling and patted my head lovingly.

I went back to my seat and we talked about the details and so on before I said my last thank you and quickly kissed her cheek before leaving her office. I couldn't erase the smile off of my face. I took a look at my phone and clicked on a picture of Erynn Wiggins. I can't wait to meet her.

I took a detour and went inside the office pantry first, grabbing a doughnut from the box somebody brought and a can of coke from the fridge. I walked back to my office and started getting ready for the day.

- First Step, Get in contact with the bands' manager.
- Second Step, Get them to agree to an exclusive interview and to be the cover for our June issue.
- Lastly, Meet the band and Get that interview.

Finishing the last bite of my doughnut, I opened my laptop and started emailing my connections. Afterwards I went to the website of the record label handling Quirky Stevens and started my research there.

Before every interview, I like to do a lot of background work done, I like to get to know the people I'm interviewing before I actually meet them. Plus it helps me think of the interesting questions I ask each individual.

Because they are newcomers, I couldn't find a ton of information about them. Work-wise, they've done a few gigs here and there, a few notable ones like radio shows and whatnot. But anything about their personal lives, I got nothing.

The only thing I managed to find out is that they are all possibly a part of the LGBTQ+ community, something that I already knew before as they've been vocal about it. And the second is that they are Thai and they migrated from Thailand to England. Just like me.

Fans have speculated about it, but until recently, it wasn't confirmed that they were Thai. It was only confirmed when a video clip surfaced of the members and their manager talking in Thai with some fans after finishing a gig.

Now I can definitely start thinking of questions to ask with the information I got, but I would have wanted to know more. Oh well, I guess I'll be the one to know everything about them first.

Just as I was about to open a blank document and start crafting my questions, I got a reply back from one of the emails I sent earlier.

Hey Girl!

Nice to hear from you, it's been a while. Anyways, I asked my colleagues and thankfully one of them knows Paige, the band manager. So I got her number for you and her email as well. I suggest calling though, they seem to be busy these days.

0987-xxx-xx20 - Paige Wiggins
QuirkyStevens04@MGIrecords.com

Love lots,
Frank.

I quickly sent a short Thank you & hangout soon! note to Frank before saving the number he gave on my phone. I debated whether I should send a text first or just call straight away. It's almost lunchtime, I don't wanna bother her if she's on a break right now. Text first it is.

I quickly typed in a simple message and pressed send. I hope it's the right number. I saw that she read it a couple of minutes after I texted, I held my breath, waiting to see if she would reply back. In the end, I decided to keep it out of my mind for now and grab some lunch. I'm starving.

I grabbed my wallet off my bag and went down the elevator. I usually eat out alone, not because I hate my colleagues but I'm just not that close with them. The reason being is that most of them are male and the last time I hanged out with one of them, I got water thrown at my face by their girlfriend, so never again.

I went to my usual place and ordered some grilled cheese and a side of chips. I glanced at my phone still waiting for a reply. I did a double take when I saw a missed call from the number I just texted. I quickly swallowed my food and dialed back, hoping it's not too late.

"Hello?" I heard shuffling on the other end, and a guitar being strummed.

I sucked in a breath and replied "Hi is this Paige Wiggins? I'm Saffron, I sent a text earlier?"

"Oh yeah I saw it, so where do you want to meetup? Are you free today?" Paige asked.

"Of course I'm free today, you can choose the place, I can drive wherever." I answered quickly, crossing my fingers that she chooses somewhere near.

"Okay well we're near Victoria Park right now, there's this cafe that serves great chips around the bend. Do you know it?"

Just my luck! Victoria Park is a 5 minute walk away from where the office is and I know exactly the place. "Maria's famous chips! At Pavilion Cafe right? I know it, see you at 3?"

"Cool, see you." Paige responded before quickly hanging up.

I quickly finished my lunch before going back to the office. I got to get ready. First step done and over with! I told you, I always get what I want, one way or another.

AN: Have I mentioned the story is located in London? Well it is. The places are fictional, though inspired by real life. Next Chapter, Saffron will be meeting the big sister! Meaning she's a step closer to meeting Erynn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 103K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
16.1K 357 15
NOTE: ALLL OF THIS IS FANFICTION AND MADE BY MY IMAGINATIONS. (Oneshot) In a world where spotlights reveal much more than they conceal, two lives int...
25.1K 1.1K 15
Charlotte is a normal high-school girl. Her life is almost perfect, but due to a sudden accident, she forgets one year from her life. One day, when s...
1.8M 115K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...