Truth Behind Lies (Lauren/You)

By __GooDVibez__

You are a normal teenage girl when all the sudden Simon Cowell knocked on your door and took you to have anot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
#LaurenIsOurPrincess
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
#DinahDefenseSquad
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
The End
Sequel
Thanks!
Truth Behind Lies

Chapter 27

6.1K 241 182
By __GooDVibez__

A week.... it has been a week since you talked to the gang. A week since you stayed home. Good thing that Simon hasn't sent a search party for you yet but the gang is worried about but your damn pride is too much that you never pick up the phone calls or answer texts. Well that's what they think but truthfully? You're just too drunk to answer because when you tried you fumbled with your phone. Where are you staying? Sometimes you wake up in the very corner of a library, or on a soccer field, you even find yourself sleeping under your car! Good thing and did not see you, nor the papz!

But the most hard breaking thing was... you woke up on the grave yard of your parents and sibling. Now that you're awake, you just stare at the their tombstones, not even moving a limb, you stared.. Letting everything sink in.

You sniffled your sobs away.

"Mom, Dad, sis... I'm sorry, I am so sorry I came to you in a very bad shape and state of mind. Sorry to disappoint you in my every sense. It's just that, I-I really just wish that all of you are here. I need you guys, seemed to me that everyone gave up already. I didn't know what to do. I didn't even know I'm in this huge mess! You know I was never the person who runs away from the problem. But two years ago I have no choice but to do so, I was forced to! And ever since then it's the only thing I've been doing and I'm not realizing that I hurt people along the way of saving my ass. But I really wish you're here or better yet I'm with you. I can't take it anymore, what's the point of fighting if the reason why you're fighting gave up on you?" You asked and hugged your knees and cried.

Then you feel a hand on your shoulder, patting it three times and you feel them sit beside you. You looked up and quickly wipe your tears away, there are no people around well because it's 8 pm and yes you've been asleep for 12 hours.

You found a stranger but when they spoke you knew who the voice belong to.

"I knew I'll find you here." Miley said looking around making sure to see no papz or fans that will crowd her. She then took her hoodie and wigs off her head.

Then when she's settled her face cringes in disgust. "Ew! You really need a shower." She told you. You sniffled but smile weakly, however Miley saw that your smile did not reach your eyes.

"Gee, thanks not that I've been basically living under my car or the library or the bleachers." You said.

"How did you even manage without bumping in to a fan or papz?" Miley asked.

You shrugged "Maybe, it's because I've became a nocturnal mammal. I sleep in the morning go drink at night or reverse I don't even know."

"But good thing is, I found you. You've been missing for a week." Miley said.

"How did you know?" You asked.

"Maybe because I've been trying to call your damn phone! Visited your home! I didn't know where you were until Simon told me you haven't been at home or anywhere." Miley said.

You just shrugged and sighed. Miley sighed as well. "You know, there could be a lot of reason why people fight through their tribulations in life for inspiration. But sometimes reasons are nothing to doers because if the reason gave up on you you should not give up on them because you are fighting FOR them because if you did fight for them you could do it without a reason, you could find the true reason when you're in the middle of the battle when you think you can't fight anymore and when you find the real meaning that's when you get motivated and that will push you more to fight." Miley said.

"But what if the person I'm fighting for has given up on me and-" you said.

"And you keep on fighting to let her see you're not giving up! You keep on fighting to let her see a reason to not give up." Miley said sighing.

"Y/N, you said you'll go take a month of to find yourself and you said that you did... But where? C'mon! I want our Y/N back! The Y/N that never gives up, the Y/N that will do anything for her Lauren! Remember that one time you when she was too scared to jump off the tree? You were under her and you asked her to just jump on you when we were still 9? However Lauren didn't do it but you proved to her that she's safe with you when you dragged that huge trampoline under the branch she was on. You proved yourself for her to trust you." Miley said.

"But-"

"But nothing, even if she did not jump on you now she knows you got her back with the trampoline!" Miley said. "No matter what, you gave her a reason jump off the branch, even if its a new approach, you never gave up on her even if she already did."

"So what are you trying to say?" You asked.

Miley slapped your arm making you hiss. "Dammit! Y/N! Have you lost your senses? What I'm trying to say is that if she gave up now you go back to her and fight and if this did not work try another approach. Let her see that you still got her back."

"But what if-"

"No! If she didn't come back to you for the first time you tried that only meant she doesn't feel safe to return, so you try yet another one but this time you know you should get a safer reason for her to come back, and you do it again again with much more safe percussion until she feels safe to come back. Just like the way she jump off the tree because of the trampoline you put under her." Miley said.

"But it was the trampoline that did all the work." You said, if I was Miley I would honestly slap your stubborn head but thanks to Miley she's a very patient lady.

"But... It was you who put it under their your words of assurance that made her believe that she really is safe now." Miley said.

"So, you're telling me not to give up just yet?" You asked.

"What I'm telling you is to never give up. Never." Miley said smiling pulling out a very oddly familiar envelop and gave it to you.

"I didn't read it, I swear." Miley said and smiled. "But I feel as if that letter is somewhat important."

"Not really." you said opening it in front of her.

"Well, what does it say?" Miley asked. You looked at the paper and gave it back to her.

"You want me to read it out loud?" Miley asked.

"Nah." you said and chuckled. "It'll just be a painful reminder-" you started but Miley read it out loud.

"Lauren, hey. I'm sorry if I have to leave this way, without a proper reason to leave and just ditch you in the middle of you watching over me." Miley started "wowza!" Miley said and laughed. "But I have to, to find myself to be the Y/N you loved in the first place. To find the Y/N that fell in love with you. I want to find that person that protected you all along, the person that will never run away." by now Instead of mocking you Miley's voice turned serious but still loud.

"So, here I am asking for a little time, just a little. Please wait, I will be there. Lauren. Just a little more time." Miley's voice faltered she let go of the paper and hugged you.

"I'm sorry if I have to read it out loud. Yes It is a painful reminder but you should pull energy from it to fight even more, get these words and put it to action!" Miley said. You just smiled.

"Just think what if she did read the letter, what if you came back right on time." Miley said.

"Yeah but it didn't happen." You said glaring at the grasses beneath you.

"Exactly! So make it happen! Let her read through your actions! You didn't make it on time then make some time and do it!" Miley said.

"I'm scared." You said. Miley looked at you and closed her eyes and took a long breath and let it go.

By then she sit beside you cross legged. She was quiet and then once that she opened her mouth you're surprised to hear her talk to your family.

"You know, auntie Eli, Uncle Sam, Shasha." Miley said calling your family the way she did when they were still alive.

"There's this one special girl who once helped me when we were still young. Remember that time when I entered showbiz as Hannah Montana. I have this girl by my side telling me not to be scared, to be just me and show the world how awesome I can be. To prove the world that in not just a brat growing up in such a showbiz family. Show the world how I can fight and never lose the battle. She told me to never be afraid that if I missed the moon I'll stop over a star and reach for it again to never give up because there are a lot of stars A lot of chances for me to get closer to the moon." Miley then laughed.

"But here she is, telling you that she's afraid." You said.

"Yeah," Miley said "The rock of the gang, the protector and the one that got all of us together, the one that encouraged us not to be afraid is here beside me. Telling me that she is."

You laughed and lay your back on the grass looking up at the sky. "Here I thought I found that Y/N."

"You will find her but please don't do it alone, other people knew her too, loved her and they still do." Miley said.

"Rip that paper Miley." you told her. Miley's eyes bulged out.

"These?" She asked.

"Yeah." You said.

"But why?" She asked.

"Because that paper is the Y/N that ran away, I want it gone." You said and sat up caressing you family's tombstones.

"Mom, dad, and sis. I have to go. I miss you guys, I'll be back for strength, and I will mostly come back if I redeemed myself to Lauren." You said and stood up. Miley doing the same.

"You ripped the paper?" You asked.

"Yup!" She said and rushed to the nearest trash and rushing back to you.

"Now, where are you off to?" She asked.

"Pack your bags because we're going to Miami right now." you said.

"Uh.. Y/N you might want to freshen up a little." Miley said.

You raised your eyebrow and lift your arm over your head to smell your pits and your face cringes in disgust and gagged. "Yup, that's just nasty." You said.

"So I'll see you at the Allegiance mansion?" You asked.

"My bags are already packed so ill follow you there leave my car and we'll drive there." Miley said.

"Ok!" You said now pumped, you just really want Lauren back, well you never really had her so you just want to be with her, actually you need to be with her.

---

"Gosh, Miley. I'm so nervous!" You said while you're in the car. It's already night time, 9:00 pm. You and Miley are in the neighbourhood where Lauren lives. You are a block away from her house and you just can't calm down.

"Well, well. Who knew that Y/N will ran out of confidence? You're never known to ran out of confidence."Miley said and chuckled. "I'll be waiting here and if it goes well text me so I can surprise her. I mean I miss that girl! We haven't talked in a while." Miley said.

"Will do Miles." You said and hopped off the car, closing the door behind you. You walked toward the Jauregui's residence and jumped up and down to shake some nerves off before ringing the door bell.

You were looking around, looking at the ground when the door opened. Much to your surprise when you looked up an unfamiliar face greeted you with a grin.

"Hey, what can I do for you?" The boy asked then realization passed through her face wait I meant his face and he grinned even wider. "You're Y/N!" He said.

"Wow," he said "what can I do for the famous Y/N!" He asked.

"Well I think I'm lost." You said. "But is this the Jauregui'r residence? Because my friend Camila told me this is their hou-" before you can even finish you hear a voice calling out. Not just any voice but that familiar smooth and husky one that belongs to a green-eyes maiden.

"Luis? Who's at the door?" Lauren asked. Then she came in to view. You froze and she did as well.

"Y/N?" She asked.

"Hey." you said quietly. Lauren's hair is up in a high ponytail.

"Luis, can you excuse us for a sec?" Lauren asked.

"I will, but let me just introduce myself."He said. "I'm Luis Santos, it is really my pleasure to meet you." He said with a wide charming grin, he reached out for a handshake and took it and shake it firmly.

"I'm Y/N Mills." You said and smiled.

Lauren waited for Luis to walk in before she walks out of the house turning around to close the door. You observed her high school football sweatshirt and at the back a number was written and a last name. Santos.

That was second strike to your heart, first was the fact that she didn't invite you inside.

"What position does he play?" You asked.

"What?" She asked turning around.

"Is he a quarterback, receiver, fullback, linebacker?" You asked naming the positions in football.

"He plays a defensive role, so I think he's a cornerback." Lauren said and looked at you suspiciously. "How did you know?" She asked.

"The sweater." you said and smiled.

Lauren looked at the sweater an obvious scowl written all over her face.

"How did you find me? I'm pretty sure that this is not my neighbourhood the last time you're here." Lauren said tilting her head.

"No it's wasn't and I asked Camila." You said.

"Oh.." Lauren said.

"Yeah.." you said

"Well what made you visit?" Lauren asked.

"Well, I was gonna ask you to go to the movies with me. To watch Pitch Perfect 2 and after you loosen up a bit ask you for a second chance." You said "I'm sorry to be blunt but I don't know how else to put it through."

Lauren was silent looking at the ground at the side, anywhere but you.

"This dead air between us, is totally a good sign." You said and laughed nervously.

"Y/N, I-" Lauren said.

"I know, I know you need time. I shouldn't have interfered but please Lauren can we talk?" You asked.

"What is there to talk about?" She asked.

"I just want to explain." you said.

"You being quiet for a month it's already self explanatory plus the week that I've been back here in Miami." Lauren said.

"But did you know why?" You asked.

"I know! You said you needed time, I gave you so much I forgot about mine." Lauren hissed looking at you.

"Yeah that's what I told you, but truth is Lauren, I didn't find myself yet, it's clear to me I've forgotten who I was. I need the people that was around me, I need you." You said.

"And I was, but you however didn't want me." She said.

"What do you mean? Lauren, if I don't want you then why am I here?" You asked.

Lauren is speechless, she is, she don't know the reason why you're here.

"And for that week of silence I wasn't really capable of handling a phone, I knew why you left Lauren, and I'm sorry that I tire you out. I didn't thought of the consequences."You said.

"Clearly."Lauren scoffed. Fifth strike.

"It's just that, I want another chance Lauren, please!" You pleaded.

"Y/N no I-" Lauren said.

"No, I won't take no for an answer Lauren." you said.

"Then why did you come here to ask? Gosh, Y/N! Your habit of stubbornness never seemed to die down." Lauren sneered.

Miley was watching from your car, it looks like a cliché movie couple fights. But Miley's worried of course. You and Lauren is the baby couple of the gang she wants to protect the love in between the two of you but how?

"Y/N, I know I can't stop you at anything right now-" Lauren said so by that you pulled her in for a passionate yet chaste kiss. It was quick but it left both of you and Lauren's head spinning. Lauren didn't show it though she remained calm and collected exterior but interior she's breaking down.

"You told me you can't stop me at anything." You smirked but when you looked at her the smirk that you had is now replaced by a frown.

Lauren doesn't looked pleased. "Y/N, I can't, I can't live with it, I can't live with a constant pain and disappointment. Its just that- it feels like being with you is not meant to be." By now every word coming from Lauren is a painful blow to your heart that's making it crack little by little and that's when you started thinking that the smallest crack hurt the most, at that time you wish your heart is shattered so you can restart again but no. It's Lauren we are talking about the only girl that you intimately love is in front of you right now.

"Being with you is like fitting in a triangle block in a square opening, it can't happen. it won't work." She said.

You were trying hard to not let your tears spill out but the last sentence blew you away. "You didn't even give me a second chance, Please Lo," You pleaded once again.

"I'm sorry Y/N." She said.

She turned around about to enter her home.

"You might be sorry for me Lauren, but that will not stop me to prove to you that I need you. That I love you. You being sorry won't stop me on fighting for you Lauren." You whispered. Making her stop. But Lauren must show a tough exterior so she turned the knob around.

"I may be sorry Y/N but that's also the nicest way of saying that it's over." She said and entered her home. She closed the door behind her and rested her forehead on it. Waiting for you to leave but what she heard is a loud thud and when she looked through the peep hole of the door. She sees you there on you knees, your face full of tears with the most painful expression.

Lauren looked away and she heard you stand up. She heard your footstep coming near the door. "Lauren, you might not be there on the other side of the door, but if you are I just want you to know that you should've just shattered my heart completely so I can redo and start it again but no you're slowly breaking it, the splinters of the broken pieces keeps on penetrating me Laur, and it hurts every time I breath and every second I live." You said and walked away. Lauren held on a sob and she pressed her back against the door and slowly sinking until she's sitting on the floor. When she heard a car speeding way she broke in to sobs of the broken. As much as it pains her to do this. She needs her time to move on. Because for her loving you is hurting her way too much. so she needs time.

Just like a mug our heart is fragile, just like a mug if it's shattered you throw it out immediately, but just like a mug if it's chipped we still keep it in hopes to use it again but little did we know that if you use it again there's more chances of getting hurt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 218 16
Everything was going right for both Justin and Lauren until that night. Everything changed and their relationship ended. Justin does everything he ca...
12.2K 380 10
Camila and Fifth Harmony have long separated and things are going well in their respective careers. Camila's career has skyrocketed after the release...
887K 17.3K 26
Lauren Jauregui is a singer with her best friends Normani Kordei and Ally Brooke who keeps her company during her shows. One day Camila Cabello decid...
2.6M 75.2K 41
Lauren Jauregui has had a crush on her fellow band member, Camila Cabello for a while now. Still friends, they have gradually grown very distant. One...