Titan Turn; A TDS Story

By OK1610

Gravedigger had always been the missfit of the family. With his new friend however, he finds his place in the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Halloween Special)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 25

187 5 5
By OK1610

It had been almost two days since the incident yet it felt like forever. The base had never been such a fiasco in a long time. No leader therefore no orders which in turn meant everyone ran around barely knowing what to do for hours. It took a while but as the acceptance settled in after a night of no sleep, it was Medic who stepped up to take the mantle in honor of her closest friend. However, she decided against telling their higher ups about what had happened, in the event that the Commander did return, surely he would want his position back without a fuss and she isn't in the mood to deal with some newcomer especially now when her bff just disappeared.
Despite keeping her cool and collected demeanor inside she was a mess too, first poor little Scout left and now Commander? Who else is going to disappear? Dj? Engineer? Who knows... And to think Com' left all alone with one of the most intimidating Titans out there gave her actual goosebumps. She never hated the Titans, but boy are they not scary!
I mean sure there were some walking around the base freely. She saw what Lord Sinister could do the moment his brother had gone through the portal... He ruined a large portion of their equipment out of sheer panic... not even rage before the soldiers could sedate him which in turn angered Swordmaster who started a fight with the Warden followed by some soldiers and on top of that scared the already unconsolable, faint-of-heart Molten. Medic couldn't blame him though, seeing someone as bulky and resilient as Sinister fall unconscious in a matter of seconds was somewhat unnerving. Void Reaver himself was not too pleased with his youngest son's predicament but would rather this than deal with his wrath or start another war with the military. Only the Pumpkin King can know just how much he can destroy at once.

He was calmer the moment he woke but still shaken up at the reminder of his big brother. Frost Spirit refused to leave Molten's side knowing full well the boy will either not sleep or tear up at any given time until Fallen and Grave return safely in front of him.
Ducky on the other hand was sort of lost... He wanted to stay with his uncle Sinister... He too was terrified but the adults kept ushering him away.. He wanted to help Frost Spirit who he had not seen so distressed in a while but did not know how.. And all of this because Gravedigger couldn't keep his nose out of someone else's business...
Why did he have to find out the truth now?! And bring a Tower into it?! He was practically begging for a war!
The more he thought about it the less he could understand just what was Grave thinking?! Now was definitely not the time to go willy-nilly into a different dimension... Can't he see the pain he brings his family...stupid hybrid... Wait...no! Ducky stopped himself abruptly, that sounded like old Swordbutt, he doesn't agree with the fossile man. No, no, Grave doesn't deserve that especially not after the disaster that happened at the meeting and in front of everyone, that just made it even worse...

Ducky huffed continuing down the hall, as he made his way to Molten's infirmary room. He knew Frost was there, he needed someone to talk to and the adults were not helping soothe his fear.. More like they were increasing it... The situation was bad... Really bad...even he could tell.

He knocked lightly on the door, hearing footsteps from inside walk up to respond. Cracking it open he peaked in.

"Frosty? Can I come in?"

The young man nodded swiftly, seeing a Tower approach them, "Of course, get in here!"

After a rather rough pull and a quick door shut to avoid confrontation, Ducky looked up at the bed in the middle of the small room. Molten was sitting up, eyes never leaving the ground as he played with a string from the white blanket.
He did not really seem in the mood for talking. Ducky could hear his stuffed nose, sniffling every once in a while as his eyes fought back tear after tear. He genuinely felt bad for his cousin even if they weren't all that close, no one deserves to see their family disappear out of nowhere. He couldn't think what it would feel like if Sinister was gone.

The dark haired Titan took a few steps forward, he felt really akward sitting in silence so he tried to stir up some conversation, "Hey, how have you been feeling?"

Molten kept quiet, the sad pathetic look he gave Ducky was enough for him to recognise his cousin was in pain and this time it was not just the wounded leg, "... Not...great..."

The boy closed the distance between them, placing a hand on Molten's shoulder comfortingly. A weak smile spread across the child's lips at the soft gesture of his younger cousin. Both turned to see Frost Spirit walk towards them. He paced around the room, as if he was stuggling to piece something together, ignoring the little moment they were having.

Eventually he blurted out, "I just... cannot  believe he actually went through with the whole thing."

Ducky understood his frustration instantly whilst Molten displayed his confusion with a small, "...what?"

"Gravedigger!...That boy is too impulsive for his own good... Unpredictable what might have been going on through his head when he decided it would be a grand idea to run away chasing after a de-....a dead man." Frost stuttered, feeling his words leave him at the thought of his dear father.

A pause, followed by a shocked,
"... Frosty you knew?!"

Frost Spirit rapidly gazed up from the floor realizing he had spoken outloud,
"Hm?! "

Molten repeated, "You knew Gravedigger was going to leave?! "

Ducky chimed in quickly," Yeah, after that fight with Swordbutt when he was brought before the others to explain what was happening, he ran to the garage and we went after him and... Well, he said he knew how to open the portal and find uncle Krampus and we thought he was out of his mind but... Yeah... Next night he... He left. "

Molten screeched, "And neither of you tried to stop him?!"

Ducky jumped, "We didn't think he would actually go through with it! I thought he was insane!"

"I told him to silence his nonsense" continued Frost, "But he chose not to. Somethings are better left uncovered and...the boy couldn't understand that even if it slapped him in the face..." and with that Frost Spirit took his leave. The more he talked about a dead man the more he felt his heart shatter. He shut the door.

Molten felt his tears come in again, he didn't mean to upset Frost but how could they both have known about everything and not do anything. So, now he felt like he lost both his brother and his best friend.
Ducky noticed the solemn expression adorning the face of his firey cousin.

"Hey, don't take it personally. Frosty isn't mad at you...just sad with the whole thing... You know he is sensibile when it comes to his father and...what Gravedigger did opened up some old wounds.."

Molten closed his eyes, "My brother wants to help our family... Not hurt it."

"... He is not doing a great job at it... But I believe you." Ducky pulled his cousin close, letting him quietly sob.

....

Frost Spirit trudged down the halls. He was not thinking where he was going, all he needed was to get out of here and fast. That faithful evening kept bothering him, Grave's words spinning in his head... Even with the slightest chance that his father is alive, why would he of all people go through so much just to bring him back? What were his motives?
In the event that the portal malfunctioned, he could have been killed and taken that Tower boy down with him... How irresponsabile... Yet, admirable? Just how far he would go for his family....Urghh why is this boy such an enigma?! Why can't he stay in his lane like Molten? Why sacrifice everything for a man that might be... No, is dead... The young man took a deep breath, even he didn't believe those last words. A miniscule sliver of hope kept him anxiously awaiting the return of his cousin and uncle with his father despite the many years that have gone by without a trace-..!

Frost suddenly bumped into someone, unaware of his surroundings. He muttered a 'sorry' not lifting his eyes of the carpeted ground.
A strong hand lifted his chin up, it was the flame filled eyes of his uncle, Lord Sinister, that met him. He appeared to be upset maybe even a tad worried. With dark circles around his eyes and an unusual frown, he looked almost as serious and tired as uncle Fallen King which was alarming for someone as jolly as him. The dark blue hoodie and sweatpants combo did not help improve the appearance either.

"Uncle, they let you go already?"

"Yeah, yeah after a lecture from father and prying Swordmaster off of Warden that is..." sighed Sinister. Taking a closer look at Frost, he points, ".. What's the matter with you? You look sad."

"Same could be said about you, uncle." muttered Frost.

"Hey no! I asked first! You got'ta answer." puffed Sinister, crossing his arms over his chest. Seeing he got no response, he wrapped his arm around his nephew, "Tell you what. Lets go outside for a walk and we can talk then instead of in this stuffy hall. Whad'ya say?"

Frost hugged himself, leaning a little on his uncle's shoulder, "Yeah...that would be nice"

He let himself be led by Sinister, out the back of the medical ward. Down the corridor, in the far left corner was an exit to the outside training grounds, no doubt for injured soldiers. They went through, the sun already setting outside. The colder breeze felt lovely between the feathers of his wings, if things hadn't been so grim maybe he would have gone on a flight. They took a seat on a nearby bench, it was quiet with no one around. Sinister straightened, turning back to Frost.

"Will ya tell me what's wrong now?"

"..just everything...Uncle! Everything!" he shrieked. The young man covered his head with his hands, leaving his uncle shocked at the loud reaction. Never had he seen the soft spoken child so stressed.

"Hey, hey! It's okay! Look at me. Hey!"
He cuped his nephew's face into his hand brushing away the tears with his thumbs. "It will be okay Frosty!"

Frost Spirit sobbed as he tried to push his words out, "But w-what if it's not going to be?! What if-if they died too?! Or even if t-they bring dad back...what if he doesn't re- recognise us?! Wh- what if his hurt..or gone mad?! What if-"

"Frost Spirit that is enough!"

The shaking boy locked eyes with his uncle, this was the sternest voice to have ever come out of him.

"We have to stay positive, kiddo! I am scared too... Mortiffied even. But we need to be strong! Our Family sticks together no matter what, you know that!", he wavered slightly, " I... don't know if they will make it back...and I have no clue what on Earth that kid had in his mind when he decided it was a good idea but have you seen his room?! That child had an actual plan, prepared top to bottom and if there is anyone crazy enough to do it it's him. I always told ya' Frosty, it's the quiet ones who are scary, they don't talk so they think more than others. And that kid barely spoke a word at family gatherings.. Who knows what insane nonsense is going on up there. "he pointed to his head," But we have to trust it, if my super skeptical, helicopter parent of a brother trusted it enough to walk through that damned portal then we have to as well. A'ight?"

Frost Spirit simply nodded. Maybe his uncle had a point but to convince himself, he too has to see what Grave had mapped out in his room with the Tower boy. For now though, it had been a long enough day and a bear hug from his uncle was all he needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 92 35
A rewrite of my original book but with more effort put in because the og one is trash if I'm gonna be honest. Join the towers in their adventure to s...
3.5K 24 25
Basically the stuff that happens in TDS but with lore and stuff (but not in it's EXACT order xd)
58.1K 1.3K 23
"WHHHYYYYYYY HELLO THERE! You didn't forget about me, did you?! Don't tell me you forgot about me!" "...do you, like, have all these monologues frame...
13.7K 123 10
Yeah so it's gonna have alot of stories but gonna take alot of time so please be patient-