The Royal Series : Book 1

By petra71120

yghjooojihu More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 34

7 0 0
By petra71120

The next morning, we started out with an early day. Our itinerary for the day was a crazy one. We had quite the itinerary for the day. We were starting out with a visit to the National September 11 Memorial. We were going to pay tribute to the lives lost during the 9/11. We would also take a tour around the 9/11 Meusem. We would then go to The Door, where we would watch performances and also have an arts class. Then, we would leave for an official tour of Grant Atlantic, a last minute addition to our schedule, for a meeting on how they are trying to incorporate Green Energy into their company. This would be a first meeting with the great Olivia Grant-Toliver, before joining them for dinner at Grant Towers.

There was just a small problem; I woke up on my period. I was grumpy, I was in pain, I was too emotional. I had taken the painkillers, and that took away the pain, but not every single thing that was wrong today.

"You know that you can miss out on today right? I got this." Arthur said for the millionth time.

"Again, I'm fine. I can hold myself together."

"Babe..." He always does this! He treats me like this fragile egg that's always on the verge of breaking, and I hate that!

"Arthur, don't. I'm already very temperamental today, don't make me get angry for no good reason." He held his hands up in surrender.

"Fine. I guess I shouldn't bother telling you how good you look today either. You might throw a bottle at my head." He said all this, and simply walked out of the room. I knew I always looked good. It was a fact. But I still wanted him to say it. Him saying it was like a verification that I needed.

I stood in front of the mirror and ran my hands over my gown.

"You look beautiful." I said to myself as I looked at my reflection.

During the ride to the memorial ground, Arthur stayed quiet. And I felt bad. He was just looking out for me, and I lashed out at him.

"Babe, Arthur, I'm sorry." He was looking out the window, and he didn't turn. He just stayed that way.

"It's fine."

"Babe, it's not. You're clearly still upset." He then turned. He took my left hand in his, and placed a finger on my ring finger. There were three rings there. My engagement ring, my wedding band, and the eternity ring Arthur gave to me during our honeymoon. I was always wearing all three, but the other two were hard to notice because they were more like diamond covered bands.

"You see these rings, they signify more than just the wedding. They represent a bond, and a promise. The promise I made to always put you first, no matter what. So if I get a bit too protective every now and then, it's because I always want you to hold me to that promise. I'll always put you first Toria, even when you don't want to let me." He turned back, and I stayed quiet. He had said a lot. And that gave me a ton to think about.

When we got to the memorial site, he did what he always did. Got out first, waited by my door for me to get out, and then led me with a hand on my lower back. I was holding a wreath of white roses, along with a handwritten card from Arthur and I. It read: "In sorrowful memory of those who died on 11th September, and in admiration of the courage shown to rebuild." We signed our names underneath the message.

I placed the wreath of white roses, the New York state flower, on the bronze edging around one of the twin reflecting pools, where the names of the nearly 3,000 victims, including 67 Britons, are inscribed. Arthur just stood behind me with a protective hand on my back.

We placed our flowers at a spot where the names of 40 passengers and crew aboard United Flight 93, which crashed in Pennsylvania on 9/11, are recorded. Ironically, as Arthur predicted, I got a bit emotional. I wiped multiple tears as I read through some of the names. I've always believed the 9/11 to be one of America's greatest tragedies.

"Hey, you OK?" Arthur leaned in and whispered to me.

"I'm fine. It's just all a lot to take in."

"I know." He rubbed his hand along my back in a comforting manner. He did this until I felt better.

We then toured the museum that stands next to the site of the World Trade Center. We were given the story of what happened that day, and the people who died. But in all of that, I had just one question.

"How do the families of the victims feel about the museum?" I had to ask! There's a literally wall with fragments of human remains that have remained unidentified. They can't tell me that every family agreed with this.

"A vast majority of the families had been impressed with the museum and the care that went into its design." So, I'm guessing that they were not all on board. As we walked around, I was in awe of how big this space was.

"This is all so big. It's enormous." I said with a laugh.

"It truly is. You know, we Brits aren't so big on wide spaces." Arthur also joked. Everyone laughed again.

"And I must say, the memorial was quite moving. As I'm sure you all saw, it brought me to tears. And just being able to touch the names of the victims on the pool, it's all so heartbreaking." Arthur nodded along.

"You see, as a society, we haven't really healed from this, but we are trying our best to work through it all. The museum might be a bit controversial, but it's our way of letting everyone know that we will never forget." Wow...that was sweet.

After the museum tour, we briefly visited the lobby of the newly built One World Trade Center, located near the site. Inside the blue-panelled 104-storey glass building, we admired a vast abstract mural by the Brooklyn-based artist José Parlá.

Later that afternoon, Arthur accompanied the mayor to the top of the Empire State Building. I didn't go because I really wasn't feeling good. Again, for the visit to The Door, Arthur had to do this one alone, because I really couldn't. I felt very unwell. I  stayed in and rested.

When he got back, we immediately left for the visit to Grant Atlantic. When we got to the door of the building, we were immediately met by a goddess I can only assume to be Olivia. She was dressed in a power suit and heels that made her seem taller than she was. But who am I to talk?

Arthur got down and walked to her.

"Your Highnesses, it's a pleasure to have you both here at Grant Atlantic." She said as we shook hands.

"Pleasure is all ours Olivia." Arthur said with the biggest smile. He was so happy to see her. And knowing how close she came to actual death, I could understand his joy in seeing her back on her feet.

"Please, this way." She led us through the doors, and right into a hug lobby. "Grant Atlantic has been America's biggest Oil company for over 75 years. We started out small, and slowly expanded within other American states. And today, we have branches all over the world."

We got into the elevator and she basically took us all around the building. GA is a skyscraper! Walking around in heels...not funny. But she did it with so much elegance! Not going to lie, I was in awe of this woman.

We finally got to a conference room on the 12th floor. She sat Arthur and I down, alongside her COO, Ronald Grant, and we got right into it.

"You see, Green Energy is a very important yet highly monetary and time consuming field. GA and I are personally invested in putting not only our money, but also all our resources and our time into making sure that we leave a more green footprint on the earth." She gave us a whole presentation about how she was going to do that.

"Why the sudden interest in saving the earth?" I actually wanted to know.

"Well, as I'm sure you know, I'm a mother to two amazing kids. My children are my life. They are reason why I do everything I do. I want them to live and grow up in a world that isn't filled with toxic gases and toxins. Change has to start from somewhere, no matter how late it is."

The rest of the tour was really nice. Arthur and I couldn't wait to actually get home, change, and head over to Grant Towers for dinner.

When we got home, Arthur decided to take a nap, and I stayed up to read for a bit. I was seated on the balcony, taking the city in, when I got a call. It was the Queen.

"Good evening, your Majesty."

"Again, you don't have to call me that. You're family. Gran works fine." She said with a laugh. She was so sweet.

"I'll try my best." I said.

"How is the tour going?"

"It's going well. Arthur and I are genuinely having fun."

"I had to be sure that the Press wasn't giving concocted news. Based on what we're seeing here, you're both handling yourselves well. I'm happy to see and hear that."

"It's not easy, but we are leaning on each other for support."

"That's good. Arthur mentioned that you were feeling under the weather. How are you now?"

"I'm much better. I just needed a little bit of rest."

"Good. You must always prioritise the mind and the body."

"I agree."

"Also, Victoria, I just wanted to thank you again."

"Thank me? Why?"

"You will never know how you changed Arthur. But we do. And we are thankful to you for that. I saw him today during your visit to the memorial site. I saw how protective he was with you. How he wanted to just wrap his arms around you when you started crying. That's not who he was. You've changed him."

I knew Arthur had some issues before we met, but this is new. "I'm just happy that I could help. I genuinely love and care about Arthur. And I'll always be willing to help him however I can."

"I'm happy to hear that. Also, I have a surprise for you."

"Really?"

"Yes. I had it packaged for you before your trip. It's sort of my gift to you and Arthur." As she said that, a butler walked in and dropped a box on the table, then walked out.

"What is it?"

"Open it." I picked up the medium sized box and opened it. There was a picture frame and a card. "I'll leave you to it. Have a lovely night Victoria."

The call ended, and I turned back to the box. Arthur then walked in.

"What's that?" He said as he sat on the hand of the cushion.

"A late gift from your grandmother."

"Oh?" I nodded and carried the picture frame. When I turned it, it was a never before seen picture from the wedding. It was the moment at the end of the reception when we had stepped outside for the fireworks. We had our arms around each other, and we had kissed just as the fireworks started. It was beautiful.

"Babe..."

"I know. I haven't even seen this." I opened the card, and the message was beautiful.

"Love is a rare gem that can be found in the darkest of times. It's priceless, but not without flaws. The journey of love is learning to live with its flaws. As you both start this journey of love, I hope you both discover parts of yourself that you never thought existed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 18.5K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
305K 21.4K 156
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...