Chapter 38

So, it's the morning of the service, and I just got my hair and makeup done. Today, we're going with a nice Dutch braid updo. Makeup is as light as always, and I'm dressed to the tee. I particularly think that my look for the day is nice. Sets a nice tone and works well considering how bright and sunny the day is.

 Sets a nice tone and works well considering how bright and sunny the day is

"You know, I was starting to wonder if you hated the engagement ring." Arthur said as we settled in the car.

"Why would you say that?" I said as I turned to face him.

"You never wear it without the Graff ring." I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"You gave the Graff ring to me on our honeymoon."

"It wasn't supposed to replace your engagement ring.

"And it didn't. At the risk of losing my ring, I'd rather lose the Graff than the engagement ring. I'm just being cautious."

"Fine. But I don't want people to start asking questions."

"They can ask all the questions they want. We know that we're fine, and that's all that matters to me."

"Ok. Well, while we're talking, how are you feeling about the trip?"

"I'm feeling anxious. I want things to work out between us, but if this trip ends badly, I'm not sure that there's anything else that we can do." He sighed and held my hand.

"I don't want you getting your hopes up with the trip. It could go either way. And I don't want you to be disappointed."

"I know. And I want you to try to be nice."

"I'm always nice." I gave him a knowing look.

"Don't make me call you an ass."

"Fine. I'll be on my best behaviour."

"Thank you. Now, let's go and get this service over and done with"

The service wasn't long. It was nice to watch the whole event take place. To see Arthur in his full regalia was also very nice. He looked so sexy. But immediately after that, we came back home and waited for Vincent and Rachel. The plan was for them to come here, and we'd head over to the airport together. We were flying like normal citizens today.

"Honestly, I don't think there's any amount of alcohol that could keep me sane on that flight."

"Then stop drinking. We can tolerate them for a few hours."