Chapter 8

"We need to start using protection, I could get pregnant you know." I said as Arthur collapsed next to me in bed. Our...activities had become more frequent and we were being careless about everything. Arthur now spends more nights at my house than at the Palace, which also means he's seriously breaking security protocols. Anything could happen to him here. His place should be ready in a couple of days so he can finally have his space back.

"You know, the idea of a pregnant you isn't looking so bad in my head." He said laughing as he pulled me to his bare chest.

"It is to me. We need to get ready so we don't get there late." We have a meeting with some prospective investors for the foundation and we had to start getting ready to avoid being late.

"No...I just want to stay in bed with you. Naked and under these sheets with you."

"Arthur, stop whining and get up. I'm going to take a shower, do you care to join me?" I asked as I got up with the sheets wrapped around my body.

"The day I say no to that question, I'm going to need you to kill me." He got out of bed and literally carried me into the bathroom. We started off with the pure will to shower but let's just say, we lost track of the real reason why we were there.

"Babe, what do you think I should wear?" I called out as I searched my wardrobe for a good outfit. He had been dressed for over an hour but I was still walking around in my underwear. I felt his strong arms around me as he placed kisses down my neck. "Arthur stop. We'll just end up back in bed and we need to go."

"Pick anything, you look good in everything you wear." I looked at what he was wearing and I had a good idea on the outfit to try. When I did try the outfit, it was perfect.

"You look amazing babe

"You look amazing babe. Although, it's freezing out there, maybe you should get a jacket or something."

"Yeah." I went to the closet and got a long black trench coat and we were good to go. We stepped out of the apartment, careful to avoid the press. We actually did a good job because we only met the press when we got to the foundation HQ. We answered some questions and headed into the building. On our way to the elevator, we were stopped by one of the workers.