Slow Dance With The Devil [Bb...

By FriedBrain9

Bitterness. Cold. Hotheaded. Are all things that Kim Minji, the young CEO, is familiar with. She's rich and s... More

May I Have Your Attention Please
I Don't Want Her
Morning Coffee(s)
Predator Cat and Docile Dog
White Lie
Dine In Hell
Starting the Dive
There's No Turning Back
Let Me Know You Better (1)
Let Me know You Better (2)
Bold Move
Flip The Switch
The Trap Went Well
Giraffe And Deer
Into Her Nest
Love, Affection, Lust
Disclosure
All The Weird Feelings
Love You In The Dark
Hard Heart
To Break Down Your Walls
Her Darkest Scars
Already Damaged
Please Let Me In
Trusting
Revenge Party [M]
After The Party
Genuine Desire [M]
A Blast from The Past
Sisters
Broken Handcuffs
Allies
No One Can Refuse Her
The Perfect Pair (1) - M
The Perfect Pair (2) - M
The Perfect Pair (3)
Bloody Hands From The Past
The Lingering Stench of Carcasses
What We Have, What We Had
Her Decision
Immersion Of The Past
And Above All, It Is You
I Love You
The Last Note
The Vows and The Heirs (1): Devoted To You
The Vows and The Heirs (2): Treasure

The Night Shift

6.2K 368 265
By FriedBrain9

Danielle put her tray on the table, she sat down and picked up her chopsticks, "Are you busy today?" she asked Hanni who was chewing her rice.
The Vietnamese shook her head, "Ms. Kim is having a press conference together with Mr. Kim." she replied.

"Well, you can leave early." Danielle giggled, "I can do that?" Hanni asked hopefully, Danielle laughed, "Of course not." she said, Hanni looked at her with a flat face.

"About yesterday's incident, how did you think of giving the recording to Ms. Kang?"
"She gave me the code."
"But how did you know what to do?" Hanni looked at Danielle in amazement.
Danielle shrugged her shoulders, "I just knew."
"Do you guys have a psychic connection or something?" Hanni chuckled.

Danielle's face turned red.

"Why don't you admit your feelings for her?" Hanni tested the water.
"What? What do you mean?" Danielle replied in a curt way, the red color on her face now spreading to her ears.

Hanni grinned. Her feelings was right.

"Hey."

They both turned around, a woman with shoulder-length hair smiled at them, "Oh! Jin Sol." Danielle greeted her, "May I join you?" she grinned.
Danielle nodded, "Of course!"

Hanni observed the woman called Jin Sol, she was fair-skinned like Danielle, her eyes had a playful twinkle with rosy-colored cheeks, and bunny teeth were visible when she opened her mouth. So cute and pretty.

"You must be Pham Hanni, I just saw you for the first time, you're very popular among the employees." Jin Sol smiled at Hanni.
"Really?" Hanni smiled too although her brows were furrowed in confusion.
"Of course! You're the devil's secretary!" Jin Sol laughed but quickly covered her mouth, "Oops."
Danielle laughed, "You're famous for surviving her the longest." she said to Hanni.

"Yeah, the longest record is held by her last secretary three months ago, 24 hours." Jin Sol started stirring her ramen.

Hanni widened her eyes, that was only a day!

"There was a new secretary and an hour later she went to the head of the HR division, begging to quit while crying. Kim Minji is amazing" Jin Sol snickered.
"Jin Sol is the HR director." Danielle whispered.
"I didn't get a chance to meet you before, just read your bio, you're very pretty in person." Jin Sol smiled.

Hanni smiled awkwardly, bowing her head.

"What's it like working with the devil? I'm glad you're still in one piece." Jin Sol grinned, Hanni glanced at Danielle, " Her sense of humor is a bit weird." Danielle whispered with a chuckle.

"Umm..." Hanni played with her spoon, not knowing what to say. She wasn't someone who liked to badmouth people even if they deserved it.

"She..."

Hanni couldn't answer.

Jin Sol suddenly burst out laughing, some of the employees around their table were startled.
"It's okay Hanni, I understand." she said, Hanni just grinned, Jin Sol then looked at Danielle, "Are you free after work?" she asked.

Danielle nodded, "Yeah, why?"
Jin Sol's eyes twinkled, "Let's go to the dessert cafe at the plaza across from the office."
Danielle gasped, "Oohh!!! I know that place! I've always wanted to go there!"
"You want to go then?"
"Of course!"

Hanni looked at the two people, they were like two talking cartoon characters.

"You're coming too." Danielle looked at her. Hanni shook her head, "I can't, I have a lot of chores to do. Maybe next time." she answered.
"Then it's just the two of us Danielle." Jin Sol smiled at the Australian.

"Next time we'll go together, you have to keep your words." Danielle pouted, Hanni nodded, "Of course." she smiled reassuringly at Danielle.

---------------------------------------

A big tall man opened the door of a room, Minji entered and Hyein followed behind her, the big man closed the door and stood guard in front of it.

Minji approached the young man who was sitting staring at the computer screen in front of him.
"I already got your message through that tall fellow this morning, but seeing you personally come to me makes me know that this woman must be very special." he looked at Minji and smiled.

The young CEO said nothing, she sat in front of Jin Sang, "What have you got?" she asked.
"Patience Ms. Kim, who is this woman? You didn't even act like this with your previous targets." the man chuckled.
"Just answer me Jin Sang." Minji snarled at him.

The man smoked his cigarette, "She lives alone in her apartment, no pets, an only child, her mother died 3 years ago in a traffic accident, and her father followed 5 months ago. All her relatives are in Vietnam.

She worked as a marketing senior at an advertising agency before your father brought her to your company. No debts, no criminal record, her neighbors and former coworkers love her and praise her."

The man grinned, " She's as innocent as a newborn baby."

"That's all?"

Jin Sang looked at Minji with a flat expression, "This assignment just came in this morning, there's not much I can get for now because that woman is so clean." he tapped the ash in the ashtray.

"Just keep an eye on her." Minji stood up and stepped towards the door, Hyein bowed her head to Jin Sung and followed Minji.

"What's going on? Why are you telling me to keep an eye on an ordinary civilian?" Jin Sang asked curiously, scratching his cheek.

Minji's steps halted, she looked at the young man and grinned viciously, " She's not just any civilian, she's my ace card."

With that she opened the door and stepped out.

---------------------------------------

Hanni had just turned off the lights in her room when Minji came out of the elevator, she furrowed her brows, why did this grumpy one come to the office at 6pm?

"Order two sets of grilled meat and also kimchi fried rice at the usual restaurant." she said while walking to her office, Hanni trotted after her.

Humph, why are those long legs walking so fast?

Minji stopped suddenly and turned around, Hanni's face bumped into her shoulder, Minji sighed in annoyance, "My father said you were smart, a top graduate, I don't see the proof." she snapped.

That scent again. Minji clenched her jaw.

"Just do what I tell you." Minji growled, she opened the door and went inside, Hanni followed her again, "Can I go home afterwards?" she asked,
Minji took off her coat and threw it on the sofa, she then sat on her chair and opened her laptop.

Hanni took Minji's coat and folded it, holding it in her hands, she stood beside the sofa, waiting for Minji's answer.

"No Pham, the food is for us, I have to check and sign some agreement documents. And there's a monthly report I have to submit to that old bastard tomorrow morning."

Hanni felt like having cold water poured over her head.

"I've asked Haerin to send the documents to your email, you'll sort them alphabetically and by due date, then print them out and give them to me."

"But that won't take all night."
"I know."
"Can I go home after that?

Minji slammed her desk, "Order the damn food and do what I ask!" she shouted angrily.

Hanni looked down, she then turned around and walked out of the room.

----
*****

The sound of typing could be heard clearly in the quiet room, Minji rubbed her eyes and glanced at her watch, 11pm. She stood up from her chair and walked towards the window.

Hanni's eyes followed the young woman's movements, she then sighed quietly. She didn't understand why she should still be here, she had finished her task, and after that Minji told her to bring her laptop and sit in her office.

Hanni tried to ask her again if she could go home, but Minji was acting like she had no ears, she didn't answer Hanni, didn't even look at her, just typed away on her laptop.

Sleepiness began to attack Hanni, she closed her laptop and leaned on the sofa, closing her eyes.

"We're not finished yet Pham."

Hanni opened her eyes in shock, Minji was staring at her, she was playing with the cigarette case in her hand. Hanni straightened up, "Umm..it's because you didn't give me any more assignments after the last one Miss."

"Stand up."

Confusion engulfed Hanni but she obliged, she stood up and faced Minji.
"Come here Pham."
Hanni walked slowly towards her, and stopped a few steps away from Minji.

"Get closer."

Hanni fidgeted, the previous week's events immediately flashed in her mind, she looked at Minji doubtfully.
"Do I always have to yell at you so that you'll obey me?" Minji said calmly, but Hanni caught the impatience in her voice.

She started walking again, and stopped with one step distance in front of her.
Minji said nothing more, Hanni stared nervously at the collar of the young woman's shirt.

It's like dejavu.

"Have you ever spent the night with someone?" came Minji's voice.

What? What does she mean?

"I don't understand." Hanni murmured, "Look at me Pham." Hanni raised her head, Minji was looking at her with a look that Hanni couldn't understand. Minji's orbs were pitch black, her nostrils moved slightly as if she was sniffing something, "You smell good." Minji's voice almost sounded like a low growl.

"Uh..thank you." Hanni looked down again, her heart pounding so hard that her ears felt deaf.

"Answer my earlier question."

Hanni squeezed her fingers, "I already answered Miss..I said I didn't understand." she said timidly.
"I'll change my words" Minji said.

Minji looked down, "Spend the night with me here." she whispered in Hanni's ear.

Hanni stared at the floor, assumptions began to run freely in her head.

What? What did she mean? Did Ms. Kim ask her to...Hanni shook her head firmly, no, no way. She hated her, there was no way she would mean that.

But, if she did, would she want to?

No! They weren't a couple, something like that should be done by a couple.

Minji furrowed her brows in astonishment looking at Hanni.

But... what if what Ms. Kim meant was that she accompanied her to work? Since she said she has a lot to do, maybe the report for Mr. Kim hasn't been completed by her yet.

That's right! It's possible that Ms. Kim might still need her help with something later.

Yes, that's definitely what she meant.

Hanni lifted her head to look at Minji, "Uhmm..okay." she gave a small smile.

A look of confusion flashed across Minji's face but she soon grinned in satisfaction, this was easier than she imagined. How stupid is this woman?

She then stepped towards the black wooden door on the back side wall and opened it, Hanni watched her in confusion, there's a room in there?

Minji turned on the room's light, "Wait for me here, there is a bathroom inside and clean clothes in the closet. Clean yourself up." she said as she walked towards her desk, she sat down and started working again.

Hanni was still gawking.

"Hurry up Pham, I don't like people who are not consistent with their words."

Hanni entered the room, it was an octagon shaped chamber, a king size bed was in the center, a wardrobe was at the back of it, attached to the wall, a bathroom could be seen not far away. Two large windows near the bed showed a nighttime view of the city.

It's not very luxurious but it feels comfortable.

Did Ms. Kim often sleep here?

But why did she have to wait here? She could move faster and easier if she waited on the sofa.

Hanni walked around the bed and then moved towards the wardrobe, she looked at the shirts and jackets hanging there, there were several piles of folded black and white shirts underneath. Everything was available in white, black and gray. No bright colors.

Hanni picked up a white t-shirt that was at the top of the pile, she then pulled out a drawer, a pile of boxers immediately greeted her gaze.
She furrowed her brows, what was Miss Kim wearing boxers for? She opened the drawer next to it, it only contained socks.

The woman exhaled, she decided to keep her panties on later and borrowed one of the boxer briefs, luckily she always had a pantyliner in her handbag.

Hanni entered the bathroom and closed the door.

----
****

Minji closed her laptop and glanced at her watch, it was 1am. She felt very tired. She got up from her chair and walked towards her secret room.

She opened the door and found Hanni sitting on the edge of her bed, typing something on her cell phone. Hanni turns around and stands up, bowed her head, "Is there anything you need?" she asks, looking at Minji.

She was wearing her white t-shirt as well as her boxers, her eyes moving to Hanni's bare face. The Vietnamese girl looked...

Tantalizing.

Minji approached Hanni slowly, "Wait for me in bed." she said softly, then entered the bathroom.

Hanni began to feel uneasy.
Had Ms. Kim finished her work? Why didn't she ask for her help earlier?

What exactly were they going to do?

Hanni paced restlessly, she decided to go home, she felt bad about this. Hanni walked to the door and opened it.

It was locked.

Of course it was locked.

Hanni sighed, she walked back to the bed and sat on the edge of it, staring at her phone. Should she call someone? Danielle must be asleep by this time, and if she called her, what would she say?

Hanni finally laid down on the bed and closed her eyes.
Even though she's grumpy, Ms. Kim can't possibly do anything bad to her.

15 minutes later.

Minji came out of the bathroom wearing a towel, she wiped her hair and walked towards the wardrobe, took a pair of training pants and put them on.

She then grabbed a black t-shirt and put it on, her eyes glanced at the bed, the Vietnamese was lying on her side. Minji took her cell phone from the nightstand and opened it, there was one message from Haerin.

Kang Haerin
01:09 am
Have you found the woman of your choice? Remember my words, be careful Minji.

Minji clicked her tongue.

She put her phone back and climbed onto the bed, the familiar fragrance immediately greeted her, her lower body reacting.

"Miss Kim..." came Hanni's voice.
Minji didn't answer her, she waited.
"Are...you going to do something to me?" her voice trembled, "Does spending the night with you mean we're going to do..."

"No." Minji cut her off.

"Come closer, I just want to sleep, your scent calms me down." Minji said, not entirely lying. "I won't hurt you." she said again when Hanni didn't move.

Hanni gulped, she then faced Minji and approached her, "You're not my type Pham, it's too late for you to go home anyway. And you can't sleep on the sofa." Minji said coldly, facing the ceiling.

Hanni closed her eyes, thankful that her thoughts were right.

Minji gritted her teeth, she had to change her plan. Hanni didn't seem to be the type that could be convinced with the method she had always used so far. She needed to talk with Haerin as soon as possible.

Whether she liked it or not, she had to do it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 1.2K 20
Hanni Pham a well known vampire from her area, also one of the richest. She travels and has to go to college in Seoul Korea. Haerin the rich student...
98.3K 7.1K 26
There are always secrets we keep.... Two people think they need to hide their true selves from the people around them? Kim Minji had hidden her ident...
150K 10.3K 37
Kim Minji was going through her mothers diary one day after she died and found writing and love letters from someone that was not her father. She als...
44.2K 2.5K 25
Pham Hanni's father needs to pay his debts to his ex boss and he will have to use his daughter in order to live since his money isn't enough. Pham Ha...