Love and High School are Just...

By nickie_thg

Follow Katniss, Peeta, Finnick, Annie, Glimmer, Marvel, Johanna, Gale, Cato, and Clove through their final ye... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
SEQUEL!!!

Chapter 12

1.3K 21 16
By nickie_thg

Glimmer POV:

"Please, Marvel," I beg.

"No, Glimmer. I don't want to," he says.

"But I need it," I say.

"No you don't," he says.

"I'm failing Math. I need you to do my homework. If you help me, I'll help you with some homework you need help with," I say trying to be convincing. "And what homework are you capable helping me with?"

"Umm, Theatre?" I say. "I don't take Theatre," he says. Damn that's right. "Fine," I say. I look out the window and see that my mom is pulling into my driveway. "My mom's here. Go out the back window."

"I'm tired of sneaking around. Just tell your mom we're dating," he says grabbing my hand.

"No, no, no, no, no. My mom has pretty much banned me from dating. Ever since she saw me on top of Cato I've not been aloud to date," I say.

"Did you used to date Cato?" he asks.

"We just would mess around. We never did anything serious," I say. I hear my front door open.

"Glimmer, I'm home," I hear my mom say. "I have something for you." "Okay, Mom. I'll be down in a second. Just let me finish my Math homework," I say.

"No it's okay. I'll show you in your room," Mom says. Oh crap.

"Marvel, go," I say opening my window. He starts climbing out in when my door opens.

"Glimmer?" Mom asks shocked.

"Yeah?" I ask innocently.

"Who is that?" she asks. Marvel stops climbing and comes back in my room. "Hi, I'm Marvel," Marvel says calmly.

"Why are you in my daughter's room?" Mom asks.

"Because, umm, I, umm—" he says before I cut him off. "He's my boyfriend, Mom," I say grabbing his hand.

"Glimmer Carner, what did I say about having boys over without my permission?" she asks.

"That I'm not allowed to have them over. I will be grounded if I do," I say looking down. I look at her and say. "But I don't care. I'm tired of sneaking around with him. We've been together since this summer. Whatever you say will not change my mind. So you can ground me and I won't care."

"Marvel, will you please go. I need to speak to my daughter alone," Mom says looking at Marvel. I look at him and mouth 'kiss me'. He follows my directions. He gets up and leaves.

"Glimmer! How dare you go against my rules! If I ever see you again with him, you will be grounded! Understood?" she yells.

"Yes, Mom," I say.

"Good," she walks out of my room. Ugh, I hate parents.

Katniss POV:

I hate that stupid alarm clock. I've been making an effort to not be late again. It doesn't really help when I stay up till 2 texting Peeta or Annie or someone in the group. Ugh is all I can say. I get out of bed and walk over to my closet. I grab something, but I'm not sure what. I walk into the bathroom and look in the mirror. I look like a living zombie. I have terrible bags under my eyes. I brush my teeth and wash my face. I also put on my makeup and get changed. It turns out I grabbed a long sleeve blue and white plaid shirt and dark wash jeans. I feel like it's missing something. I go into my closet and grab a tan colored sweater. It is actually surprising how cold it gets here by the beach. Well, I don't live on the beach. Finnick and Annie do. I live about fifteen minutes away. I walk over to where I keep my jewelry and grab a chunky beaded necklace. I grab a pair of flats that are the same color as the shirt. I take one last look in the mirror and see what I look like. Makeup can do miracles with under-the-eye-bags.

I run down the stairs and grab a box of Frosted Flakes and the milk container. Prim comes down the stairs. She is in her pajamas still. Her pajamas have ducks on them. I don't know why but she has always loved ducks.

"Hey, Little Duck," I say calling her by her nickname.

"Hey, Kat," she says. I know I hate it when people call me Kat, but she is so cute.

"Want me to get you breakfast?" I ask her.

"No thanks. I can get it myself," she says. Ever since she started middle school I haven't really seen her. She has grown up a lot in such a short time. She is always hanging out with Kay and Cali.

"How's school?" I ask her.

"We got a new kid in my homeroom. She has an older brother in your grade at your school," she says. "Her name's Rue and her brother's name is Thresh. She is really nice. Is it okay if I have her, Kay, and Cali over after school on Friday? We could all go to the homecoming game together." "I think that's fine," I say. "Maybe I can tell Rue that Thresh is invited," she says smiling. "Let me ask the group today," I say. "Do you think Cato would be okay with Cali being over here with Clove and everyone else?"

"I didn't think about that. Maybe he will," she says hopefully.

"I better go. See you later, Little Duck," I say getting up and grabbing my bag.

"Bye, Kat," after she says that I'm out the door.

Annie POV:

When Finnick and I pull up to school I see Marvel getting out of Cato's car. We all agreed we wouldn't talk to him. Marvel was lying to us?

"Finnick. I'll be right back," I say walking over to Marvel and Cato. Finnick is walking over to Peeta. "Hey, Marvel," I call walking up to him and Cato. Cato sees me and walks away.

"Yeah, Annie?" he asks.

"Why were you with Cato?" I ask.

"Umm, I wasn't," he says looking around.

"Really? Why were you getting out of his car?" I say raising an eyebrow. "Are you stalking me or something?" he says walking up to the school. "No. You always seem to be the one defending Cato. I'm just observing," I say.

"You tell anyone about this and you will have lost another member to Cato's group of friends. Got it?" he says angrily. I nod. I didn't know Marvel could be mean. He seems like mister nice guy. We walk to our lockers silently. After I put my stuff away I go to meet Katniss at her locker. I pass Marvel talking to Cato. Cato gives me a glare.

"What did I do?" I ask Marvel.

"I don't know. Ask him," Marvel says. He walks over to Glimmer and Johanna.

"Annie," Cato starts.

"No. I can't talk to you. I have to go," I say walking away. He grabs my arm. "Don't talk. Just listen," he says. "I'm really sorry. I miss Clove. I hate hanging out with Delly and Madge. Gale is the only person I can be myself around, besides Marvel. Please tell the group that. Please." He looks at me with pleading eyes. I squirm out of his grip and walk over to Finnick, Glimmer, Johanna, and Marvel.

"Where'd you go this morning?" he asks.

"I had to talk to Marvel about Yearbook," I say trying to be convincing. I think it worked.

"Hey, guys," Clove says walking up to us. She has actually has a smile on her face that doesn't seem forced.

"You look happy," Johanna says.

"I just woke up this morning happy," Clove says.

"Morning, sunshines," Peeta says walking up to us with Katniss.

"Well, ladies. Except for Johanna and Clove. We are going dress shopping for homecoming. I would ask you two, but I know that you don't want to go to the dance," Glimmer says in her usual peppy tone. "Actually I am going," Clove says.

"You are?" Glimmer asks shocked. "I thought you were against it. Did someone ask you?"

"Yeah," Clove says blushing.

"OMG! Who was it?" Peeta say mocking Glimmer's tone. Glimmer glares at him and turns back to Clove quickly.

"Someone in my Theatre and Math," Clove says.

"Is it Ian?" Marvel asks nudging Clove.

"Maybe," Clove says blushing.

"Oh it is!" Glimmer squeals. She goes and hugs Clove. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Okay. Marvel and Katniss, let's go to Math before we're late. Bye," Clove says grabbing Marvel and Katniss.

Hi, interweb fans! I cannot believe this story is at almost 300 reads! That is insane! Not much happens in this chapter. I promise you more is on the way. Thank you for reading!

                                                                                    ~~Nickie 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 990 34
Capitol High was anything but normal. You had your jocks, your nerds, and the typical peer pressure in life to work around. For Cato Zane Marshall...
106K 4.2K 25
Katniss and Peeta try to take the roles as parents. It's not always as easy as it may seem, but they couldn't be more happy. Together with their frie...
23.5K 367 30
Sequel to Love and High School are Just Games. Follow Katniss, Peeta, Cato, Clove, Finnick, Annie, Johanna, Gale, Glimmer, and Marvel through their f...