𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒍𝒍

By -l0v1ng-y0u-

They are all here to go to a Ball to find their soulmates. They all have a mark, but the mark is hidden betwe... More

Aesthetics
Aesthetics #2
Chapter 1. A Ball?
Chapter 2. The Festival
Chapter 3. Here I Go
Chapter 5. The Visions
Chapter 6. Somewhere Safe
Chapter 7. Outfits For The Ball
Chapter 7. Outfits For The Ball (continued)
Chapter 8. The Assassin
Chapter 9. Mistakes
Chapter 10. The Prince Of Thieves
Chapter 11. The Rosemattel
Chapter 12. The Great Forest's Inhabitants
Chapter 13. Voices
Chapter 14. Live Another Day
Chapter 15. Zero Feelings
Chapter 16. Just Friends
Chapter 17. Hug Me
Chapter 18. World Burns Down
Chapter 19. Unknown World
Chapter 20. Home

Chapter 4. The Ride

184 17 185
By -l0v1ng-y0u-

Percy
Juniper, Grover, and I spent the rest of the afternoon talking, eating, and just having fun like we used to when we were kids.

We were sitting in the tiny living room, talking about the 'Ball' that has been set for next week, the royal family (including me) has to go to it starting tomorrow.

All the royal families have to be there a week or two early to make sure we can get it all straightened out.

Knock! Knock!

"I'll get it," Grover said, getting up from his spot next to Juniper.

He ran over to the door, opened it, and groaned.

"Is Prince Perseus here?" A formal voice said. "Yes, Percy!" Grover called. I hopped out of my spot and went over to the door.

I saw my guard, Arthur, with his dark brown hair and blue eyes. He had a slim figure, but he was stronger than any guard in the royal army.

He was wearing the green and blue outfit of the royal family, his armor was silver with a blue Pegasus engraved into it.

"Ah, Perseus, you are here," Arthur said. "Yep, here I am," I said, with fake enthusiasm.

"Come on, your father wants you there for dinner to discuss what will be happening tomorrow at the ball," Arthur said.

"Fine, just let me outside," I said. Arthur moved from the door and I said a quick goodbye to Grover and Juniper.

I ran outside and got back on Blackjack.

Arthur got on his assigned horse, Guido, and went in front of me. His brown and white stallion galloped away from the house, me in close pursuit.

"Perseus you should know not to sneak out anymore!" Arthur said. I groaned, "Can we just not talk about that?"

"Fine, but just know your father is not going to be very happy with you when we get back to the palace," Arthur said. "Yeah yeah," I waved him off.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

We got back to the palace, I hopped off Blackjack and handed him off to Arthur.

I ran back to the palace, climbing up the rope that was still there.

I did my best not to get rope-burn, I eventually got back into my chambers.

I ran into my closet, changing back into my suit.

The plain-white dress shirt was thrown on my body and I got my mossy green pants and suit jacket, putting them on.

I got my dark blue tie and put it around my neck, then put on my dress shoes. Polishing them the best I could, before going over to my mirror.

I brushed my fingers through my hair quickly, then ran out of my chambers.

I got to the dining hall quickly, as it was only a few minutes away from my chambers, and ran to my seat next to my father.

He inspected my outfit, then turned back to my mother, smiling.

I turned towards Estelle, and Tyson to my right. "How was your guys' day?" I asked. "It was fine, I finished my painting finally," Estelle said. I smiled at her, then looked at Tyson.

He was grinning super widely, then started rambling about something his best friend/girlfriend, Ella, had sent him through the mail.

I smiled proudly at him, then heard my father clear his throat. "Yes, Father?" I asked.

"We need to discuss the plans for the Ball tomorrow," He said. I nodded my head, then turned to my mother and smiled warmly at her. She smiled sheepishly and then started talking.

"So, we will need the biggest carriage we can get so we can all fit in there comfortably, we will also get some cushions and blankets because we have to start the ride tonight so we can make it there by noon tomorrow," My mother started, but I zoned out.

I looked out the window that was behind her.

This 'ball' is going to suck the life out of me

"Percy?" I heard my mother's voice. "Huh? Oh, yeah?" I said.

"You need to start eating your food, then go pack your best suits," She said. I nodded my head, then grabbed a plate with some chicken and salad on it.

I ate quickly, then rushed out of there after kissing my mother and Estelle on the cheek.

I ran back to my chambers and called a butler.

He ran after me, then we made it to my closet.

"What do you need, Sir?" The butler asked. "I need some help packing all of my things," I said. He nodded and then got a bag out of my closet.

"Thank you," I murmured, then ran into my closet and started packing my most expensive items.

"You are dismissed," I told the butler.

He scurried off, and I continued packing.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

I finished packing and grabbed my bags.

"Son!" I heard my father's voice call.
"Coming!" I said.

I ran through the halls with my bags, quickly getting to the main hall where two butlers took my bags.

I nodded thanks and continued outside, I saw my family waiting outside the biggest carriage I'd ever seen.

It was about ten feet tall, and fifteen feet wide.

I gaped at it for a while. "Son? Get in the carriage!" My father scolded. I groaned out of annoyance and got into the carriage.

I sat in between Estelle and Tyson, my parents sat across from us.

We each had our little areas ready for the long carriage ride. It was about 9 PM right now, so we were all going to go to sleep soon.

Estelle was drawing in her sketchbook, Tyson was reading a book, my mother and father were whispering to each other, and I was just sitting there awkwardly.

About an hour later my mother made the guard driving the carriage stop in front of a market.

"We are going to change into our night clothes, we don't want to go to sleep in our dress clothes, do we?" My mother laughed.

We got out of the carriage and got our night clothes, then went into the large marketplace.

It was a big brown-brick building with windows scattered randomly everywhere. There was a set of double doors at the front of the building.

Estelle was walking next to me, laying her head on my shoulder.

Estelle was always my favorite sibling, yes, I love Tyson with my whole heart, but Estelle was always my favorite.

I always took care of her when she was five because I couldn't exactly take care of her at age four, but when I was nine I always took care of her. After all, my mother would be busy teaching Tyson to be a good prince because I had already gone through crown prince training, for the time being.

I kissed her forehead lovingly then separated with her to go to the men's restroom.

I went into the stall and changed out of my suit, then changed into my comfy grey pants (I think they're called sweatpants? They just came out with them a few days ago) and a T-shirt.

I put on my suit into my bag and ran back outside.

Estelle and Tyson were following behind me as we made our way back to the carriage.

We got into the carriage after grabbing our blankets from the back, we got ourselves comfortable in the carriage.

Our parents got back and lay down across from us. Estelle and I had switched spots because she doesn't like sleeping next to a wall.

She leaned her head on Tyson's shoulder and I laid my head on the wall.

I knew I would never fall asleep yet, so I moved the curtain covering the window to go around my head so that I could watch outside of the carriage.

My mother put out the candle and the only light came from the moon and stars.

I stared out the window, after about 30 minutes I finally spotted something other than nature.

It was another carriage, but instead of being blue and green, it was grey and white. It had an silver owl statue on the top of the carriage.

I saw a girl looking through the window of the carriage, it was the same one I had saved earlier that day.

She looked longingly at the sky, her hair was wavy going down her shoulders. She was wearing a grey tank-top, she had a necklace with a little owl emblem out on display.

I could see what I think were her parents sleeping behind her, her stormy grey eyes made contact with my sea-green ones.

She gave me a small smile, I smiled back at her. She mouthed something that looked like 'hello, are you okay?' To which I mouthed 'yeah, just bored out of my mind' she looked like she chuckled, I waved goodbye then put the curtain back over the window.

My mother had been staring at me, she had a grin on her face.

"Who were you talking to?" She asked cheekily. I blushed, then said, "Just someone I saved earlier today..." quickly and quietly.

"Ooo, do tell me more," she said, putting her hands on her knees. "Uh, I don't think you'd like who I saved..." I murmured quietly. "Oh but I will, just tell me!" She exclaimed. "Ugh fine, do we have paper?" I questioned.

She nodded, handing me a paper and pencil.

I started writing.

So, I was riding Blackjack today as I am sure you already knew, but Blackjack suddenly went into enemy territory, The Wisdom Kingdom, and ran into a girl, Princess Annabeth, about to be assassinated. So I whipped out my hydrokinesis and saved her right before the sword collided with her throat.

I handed the note to my mother, debating if I should've even written it. My mother's eyes widened as she read it.

I looked at her, then looked away, hoping she wouldn't get angry with me.

"Percy... you're lucky it was me who asked and not your father. If it was... he would've killed you," my mother's voice came.

I looked back up to her, smiling.

She ripped up the note and opened the window, throwing it outside.

I breathed a breath of relief, going in to hug my mother.

She hugged me back, then I leaned backwards and sighed blissfully. I love my mother's hugs.

I closed my eyes, ready for sleep. But all I got were horrible nightmares

𑁍𑁍𑁍

"I will get you back for this, son of Poseidon!" I heard a man's voice boom. I looked up to be met with the son of King Hermes.

"You shouldn't have taken her, she was going to be my wife!" Prince Luke yelled. "Well too bad she would never take a person like you!" Said my voice.

I looked over to the person across from Prince Luke, and saw myself. I was standing there in battle armor, Luke was also in battle armor but I guess I had dismissed that earlier.

I was holding the sword I was famous for wielding, Anaklusmos, (A/N: idk how spell that).

I was in battle stance, Luke was in battle stance too but he had one tweak wrong with it. His right leg was in front of his left leg, instead of left leg in front of his right.

I looked around the huge building we were in, it seemed to be an arena. The huge area we were standing in had dirt surrounding the concrete we were on. There were dummy's lined up on the edge of the concrete.

I saw one person rushing into the scene, the same person I saved from bandits and assassins earlier today, rush in and cry for us to break it up.

I looked over to her, and my eyes softened. Suddenly, I switched from viewing on the sidelines, to viewing from my perspective.

Princess Annabeth's beautiful grey eyes were bristled with tears, and, against my will, I put my sword into its sheath. Luke looked at me smugly, but I only shook my head sorrowfully, again, against my will.

I walked over to Princess Annabeth, hugged her, then leaned in for a kiss. Before I could feel what her lips felt like, I was on the sidelines again.

I saw myself kissing her lovingly, then looked at Prince Luke. He looked defeated, he sheathed his sword and walked out, shoulders drooping.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy, although I knew that this was obviously fake, like this could never happen... ever.

I looked back at Princess Annabeth and myself, they were smiling down at each other, I was cupping her cheeks delicately.

I heard a door click open, then heard an 'aww'.

I looked over at the door, seeing that Princess Piper of the Love Kingdom saying 'aww' with Prince Jason of the Sky Kingdom with his arm around her. He shook his head, but kissed Princess Piper's forehead lovingly.

My eyebrows furrowed, this is just a dream, not like it will actually happen, stop worrying!

"So, did you guys finally get Luke off your tails?" Prince Jason asked. "I honestly don't know, but I hope so," I heard my voice say.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

The dream ended as I woke up, what the hell did I just dream?

I ignored the weird feeling I had in my gut, then realized it was morning.

"Good morning Percy," my mother said.

I yawned and stretched my arms. I moved the curtain from the window and looked outside.

We were almost to the generic land where the Ball would be hosted.

Author's Note
Sooooooooooo, how was that chapter? Did you like it?

Question: Do you think the dream that Percy had will actually happen in later chapters? Yes/no?

Also, can y'all please vote on my story, because I do see that people are reading it but no one is voting, so if you have time pls vote pleaseee 🤧

(Posted On: Sunday, May 7, 2023)
(Word Count: 2345)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.4K 1.3K 10
Annabeth moves back to her old school. Goode High. The place she was forced away from because her dad got a job in California. The place that she ha...
11.5K 307 17
Please be advised that this story may contain content which could be upsetting to some readers. --- Anna...
7K 133 25
Seven teenagers get detention and have to clean up after homecoming. Once the gym is empty and the halls are clean, they discover a body. After repor...
42K 1K 37
"Sea and land may lie between us, but my heart is always there with you" ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Perseus...