breathe // riven x oc

By DANCEONTHEMOONLIGHT

the strong boy wasn't strong enough. the strong girl wasn't strong at all. ◇ "I'd give my last breath to you... More

breathe
Chapter one
Chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
Chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-seven
New Book

chapter twenty-six

1.3K 37 3
By DANCEONTHEMOONLIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

The wind was blowing just enough so it wasn't too hot in the shade, making the trees dance. The sun would peek through here and there on their faces as they were laying on the ground, her head on his stomach.

It was so peacful, serene even. You would never think how anxious and scared they were if it weren't for Sae constantly biting her lip and picking on the skin around her fingernails. Riven on the other hand did anything he could to not show it. 

It's been a few weeks of constant training and preparing for the inevitable war with the Blood Witches. But still there were no signs of them. Every raid the speicalists did was futile, a false trail. They were leadnig them on, but they couldn't risk it and not go. 

Riven gulped as he watched the trees dance, the greens of the canopy reminded him of the eyes from the girl that laid next to him. His mind hyperaware of her body flush against his, of her heartbeat and her nervous habbit.

And Sae tried to keep her heart still, not wanting that the boy next to her finds out how hard does her heart beat for him. Both of their minds occupied with the war that's headed their way. But still they found themselves in their spot, outside the barriers despite of the danger. Neither saying a word, when Riven walked up and laid beside her, not when she scooted closer and snuggled to his side. 

They didn't need to say it, they both knew. They weren't as scared of what was going to happen but of what could happen if things were different. They didn't spend much time together, all the training kept them too busy. 

But that didn't stop the lingering gazes, shy smiles (or playful smirks) and rosy cheeks. Both would come to their spot every morning before training and every night after, hoping to catch a glimpse of eachother. It was just enough for them to be close to each other, just so they were sure they were still there. 

"I wish we could stay like this forever.", Sae whispers, her eyes closed. Riven hummed as he played with her hair, his other hand proping his head so he could see her face. "Forever doesn't seem that bad if it's with you.", his heart flutter at the grin on her face and cheeks heating up. "You're so cheesy lately.", she chuckled, angling her head to the left so she could look at him. 

"How can I not when I get this reaction.", a small smile played on his lips, no teasing in hhis voice. And Sae blushed even more at the sincerity in his voice. She looked back at the sky, her lips between her teeth once again. "We should go. We'll be late again.", she murmurs pushing herself up as he does the same, leaning on his knees his eyes roaming over her side profile. 

"You should really stop biting our lips like that.", he commented, she turns to him with slightly furrowed brows. "Because if you do it one more time I'm going to do it for you.", he smirks as she pushes him lightly. "Stop.", their laughter died down when both noticed the proximity between them. All it they had to do is lean a bit closer.

Both looked as they weren't sure of what to do. Their eyes dancing between their eyes and their lips. It almost felt like they were unconciously leaning into each other all the way until they could feel their hot breath on their face, their lips almost brushing each other. Riven closed his eyes, the longing feeling he only felt for her made him shiver.

"Kiss me.", it may be the last time. 

He didn't waste a second, his lips smashed against hers. Gentle yet hungry for more. His hand found it's way around her waist pulling her closer to him, one of her hands on his chest and the other caressing his cheek. He bit her lip lightly, his heart hammering in his chest when he heard he whimper in his mouth. Sae found herself stradling him, each leg on either side of him, his hands snaked it's way up her shirt, traveling from her hips to her waist, squeezing her lightly. 

They sepearated to catch their breath, a light blush coated Sae's cheeks and Riven smiled. "You have no idea how long I waited to do this.", his voice was hoarse, the sentence came out in a whisper. 

"Then show me.", she whispered back, grabing a handful of his shirt and pulling him closer, kissing him again. 

Terra, Flora and Aisha were walking through one of the Alfea's hallways, heading outside to train after their lessions, like the rest of the students. They walked in silence until Terra spotted a familiar figure. She elbowed  Flora before nodding towards the girl, only half of her body visible from the wall. 

"Is that Sae?", the water fairy followed her line of sight and nodded once she spotted her. "Yeah, who's she talking to?" Flora shurgged. "Why do you care so much?", she asks as Terra and Aisha give each other a look. "Didn't you notice? For the past week or so she's been acting a bit weird.", Terra comments, obviously worried about her friend.

"Maybe she's just stressed like the rest of us. From what you told me she's been secretive and kept to herself at the start of the year.", the other Earth fairy says nonchalantly, but neither Terra or Aisha were convinced. "No, it's not like that. She's been going off by herself every single day. Like in the morning and at night, she comes back at ridicolous times.", Terra tries to explain and Flora rolls her eyes.

"Maybe her and Riven have finally stopped being stupid.", Aisha and Terra once again give each other a look and Aisha shakes her head with her eyebrows raised. "It's more likely I'll become a fire fairy than them getting together.", she says and Terra nods her head. "Oh, it can't be that bad.", Flora looks to her left then her right, but the girls didn't have convincing looks on their faces. "Right?", she tries again. "They've been flirting for two years and still nothing happened.", Aisha explains. "Unbealivable."

The conversation died when they saw Sae walk away in the opposite direction and the person she was talking with emerges from the hall. It leaves them with shocked expression, their lips partly opened. "Is- Is that Beatrix?", Flora asks dumbfounded. "Why was she talking with her?", Terra asks even though she knew she wouldn't get an answer. Beatrix strutted away, tilting her head in their direction and with a sly smile she lift her hand and waves at the three fairies.

"Something is going on and I don't like it.", Aisha mutters under her breath. "Oh come on, you guys. You know Beatrix has been trying to get to our good graces since she lost her powers. Maybe she's just befriending the hardest person from our group to befriend.", Flora tries to find a reasonable answer but Terra shakes her head. "I'll text Riven if he knows anything about this."

It was dark outside, but it wasn't too late. Riven sat on his bed by the window, his eyes looking up to it every few seconds waiting to see if the girl he's been crazy about will show up. The rain lightly tapped on the window and he strained his ears if he'll hear it stop just for a second. 

Just as he looked out once again, he saw a person walking towards the school, slowly strutting through. The rain avoiding her like shes got a shield around herself and he caught himself smiling, because he knew it was her and he knew she was headed to see him. 

He patiently waited for the doors to open, and he absentmindedly fixed his shirt, tidied up his bed a little and ran his fingers through his hair. e didn't even know why he's so nervous, it's Sae. She's been at his room millions of times. But he couldn't help but think this would be the first time she'd come to his room after they kissed. 

He didn't know what to expect or how to act, his stomach churned with nerves. They didn't see each other since yesterday morning, they hand't had a chance to talk about it. He replayed the different scenarios this night could go, every one of them made him more giddy, excited and nervous. 

But one tought kept proding itself from the back of his mind, the text Terra sent him earlier today. He couldn't figure out why would she be hanging out with Beatrix out of all people. 

But all thought and nerves vanished once he heard the door open, he smiled at her as they greeted each other. She shuffled her way to his bed, taking off her shoes and jacket, discarding them somewhere in the room and climbed into bed with him. She, relactuntly, pressed herself to his side, nestling her head on his shoulder. Instinctavely, he put his hand around her, bringing her closer to him. 

"Are you cold?", he asks her, when he notices her curling her hands in the sleeves of her hoodie. "It's freezing outside, I think I might have pneumonia.", he rolls his eyes, chuckling a bit. "You do not have pneumonia. You didn't even get wet.", she smirks lightly, the come back coming out without even thinking. "I think that's a you problem." She caught him offguard, but he was quick to respond. "Don't tempt me, Princess. I could get you wet faster than that pouring rain."

She lightly hit him in the chest smiling. "Shut up and keep me warm.", she murmured, leaving her hand to rest on his chest. With his free hand he took it, blowing on her arm to warm her up as she giggled, he brought her hand closer, leaving soft kisses. She looked up at him, proping herself on her elbow so she would be closer, pulling her hand away from his grasp she set it on his cheek. 

"My lips feel cold too.", she says softly, her eyes dropping to his lips as his do to hers. They look up at eachothers at the same time, he looks at her intensly, silently asking her if she's okay with it. When she gives him a shy smile, with her cheeks heated he doesn't waist a second. Pulling her closer he connetcs their lips, kissing her slowly, gently. His heart swells and he knows his in trouble when the only thing he thinks of is he wouldn't mind kissing her forever.

But even though he'd rathr kiss her than do anything else, from the back og his mind the text from Terra is screaming at him. He pulls away from her, his thumb brushes over her swollen lips. "Can I ask you something?", he whispers and she nods. Her mind thinking of every posibble question he could ask her, hoping it would be the one to make her chest warm.

"What were you doing with Beatrix?", he asks after a moment of silence and her smile drops only for a second, but he noticed. She wanted to ask him how in the hell does he know, she made sure they were discreet and talked when everyone was already out of Alfea, training. She wondered why didi he wait until now to ask her, when he could've texted her or confront her right away. 

"I-", she starts but whatever lie she comes up with sound like utter bullshit to her. But then again, the true reason sounds even worse. So she lies. "She wants to be better from what I know. And Stella's been ignoring her, so she came up to me for advice. Since, you know, Stella was once my best friend. ", she shrugs, now sitting up, he does the same. "But I saw her and Stella training today?", he says it like a question. 

"Yeah, she came up to me before practice.", he squints his eyes, he knows she's lying. The unfaltering of her eyes trained to his and the way she's picking on the skin on her fingers, he knows. But he doesn't say anything. Because he's not the type to ask, and she's not the type to tell. He didn't want to cause a fight, not now that he finally has her, so he let's it go. Convincing himself she'll say the truth once she's ready.

Little did he know he'd find out the truth soon, and it will shatter his heart into pieces. But the problem is, he won't mind, because it's her that did it and every broken piece will still love her.

_____

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413 25 20
I felt a twinge in my head Riven's voice saying nurse, I have to come with her she is mine. The nurse answered him saying young man you are not a rel...
132K 2.7K 14
" 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐬, 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐮𝐬, 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐬, 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐮𝐬 " (riven x oc) fate: the winx...
36.2K 824 9
"𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚...
636K 15K 31
Undesirable- (In which Adelina falls in love with the boy she hates more than anything.) (Riven hated Adelina. He even hated the sound of her name. I...