Let the Sun Be Seen; Kenji K...

Af trynafindtyler

Held in the Reestablishment's grip, Kenji Kishimoto and Rome Vera find solace within each other. But as war l... Mere

Let the Sun Be Seen
Prologue
๐—”๐—–๐—ง ๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜ - Shatter Me
๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜ ๐—ง๐—ข ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ก, ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ก ๐—ง๐—ข ๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜
๐—™๐—”๐— ๐—œ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—”๐—ฅ ๐—™๐—”๐—–๐—˜
๐—ฃ๐—ฅ๐—ฌ๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—™๐—ข๐—ฅ ๐— ๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—˜
๐€ ๐’๐”๐‘๐๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐„ ๐†๐”๐„๐’๐“
๐‘๐”๐๐๐ˆ๐๐† ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡๐Ž๐”๐“ ๐“๐‡๐Ž๐”๐†๐‡๐“
๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐ƒ๐ƒ๐„๐ƒ ๐๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ ๐’๐“๐€๐ˆ๐๐’
๐Ž๐๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐”๐“๐„
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐„๐€๐๐ˆ๐๐† ๐“๐Ž ๐’๐”๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐‘๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐„๐… ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐€ ๐๐‘๐„๐„๐™๐„
๐–๐€๐‘๐Œ๐“๐‡ ๐“๐‡๐€๐“ ๐‚๐€๐'๐“ ๐๐„ ๐‘๐„๐€๐‚๐‡๐„๐ƒ
๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐๐„๐€๐‚๐„

๐€๐‘๐†๐”๐Œ๐„๐๐“๐’ ๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐‹๐€๐’๐“๐ˆ๐๐†

824 34 182
Af trynafindtyler

"𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐍, 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆-could you put the gun down?" kenji groans, clearly in agony.

adam starts to get agitated the more kenji talks. adam puts the gun directly into kenjis face.

"what are you doing here? who sent you?" since adam didn't open the door fully, i can't tell who's on the other side.

i hear the person called 'kenji' mutter something, i can't pick it up from how far i'm standing away from the door.

"look at me, you think i came here to kill you?"

adam pauses. "i'll put a bullet in your back, no problem."

"don't worry bro, i already have one in my back. or leg. or some shit. i don't know."

adam opens the door.

"get up."

"it's alright, i don't mind if you drag my ass inside."

adam clenches his jaw. "i don't want my brother to see all the blood on the carpet."

kenji manages to get up from door, trying to use the sides of the door as leverage. he stumbles into the room. i finally can take a good look at his appearance. black hair with black eyes.

if it wasn't for the blood and bruises covering his face, i would say he looks 'good'.

but he looks like he has been through hell and back. his clothes are torn to shreds, his posture is making him look like a broken doll.

he winces he tries to breath. then he's breaks into a smile. "holy shit." he tries to laugh but it comes out as a grunt. "holy shit, dude you're insane."

i notice he's talking about juliette when he's staring at her with wide eyes, adam looks beyond mad.

"the bathroom is over there."

kenji starts to slowly move to the bathroom. he stops. blinks. looks back over to juliette. now two guns are in his face. he manages to let out a laugh but flinches while doing so, letting out a wheeze.

"dude, you ran off with the crazy chick! you ran off with the psycho girl!" kenji yells as he tries to compose himself.

"i thought they were making that shit up. what the hell were you thinking? what are you gonna do with the psycho chick? now i know why warner wants you dead-OW, MAN, what the hell-"

"she's not crazy, and she's not dead either." adam grabs kenjis arm and slams the door as both of them enter the bathroom.

the only thing me and juliette can hear is the sounds of them arguing and kenji screaming. the sound probably coming from adam removing the bullet from wherever it was in kenjis body.

i turn to juliette. "you're not crazy-well i personally don't think you are. ."

i realize how awkward trying to comfort someone is when she doesn't make eye contact back with me.

"oh, thanks..."

it's been nearly an hour, and adam is still working on kenji. the sound of his screams and rain pouring is the only thing i'm making out in the silence.

me and juliette have since sat down on the couch. i've put down the gun on the dining table, not finding the need to hold it.

but juliette does as she hold on to it steady; she looks comfortable holding it as she stares and examines the gun.

the bathroom door opens and adam walks out, not sparing me a single glance but gives one to juliette as he gives her a soft smile.

now she's on her feet. he has a towel in his hands as he goes to the mini fridge to grab ice cubes and put them inside the towel. as quick as he was going out of the bathroom, he's back in.

juliette sits back down with me on the couch, still not making any conversation. doesn't seem like the time or place either.

     "𝙸'𝙼 𝚂𝙾𝚁𝚁𝚈. 𝙰𝙱𝙾𝚄𝚃 𝙺𝙴𝙽𝙹𝙸." adam seems to finally be done 'operating' on kenji. now empty handed and talking with juliette, not paying any mind that i'm in the room with them.

asshole, could at least glance my way.

"kenji was-i guess a friend back on base, soon after he left warner tried getting answeres out of him."

he was tortured, my god, i grimace at the thought.

"he didn't say anything . . but got messed up pretty bad. he got shot in the leg while escaping."

i play with the sleeves of my shirt. how did i even get involved in this?

"hey, look i'm sorry for interrupting but i'm getting like no information-and i'm really confused." my ears redden as both of them go quiet and stare at me.

adam cocks his head, "i don't know how to explain it to you rome. it's complicated. just we need to make sure no one finds juliette. or me."

i start asking questions.

"who's even warner? why did you guys have guns? and no offense to juliette, but where did she come from? what did kenji mea-"

"rome, seriously, just stay out of it. its none of your business."

"turns out it is my business since i'm here. all i'm asking is for any kind of insight of what's happening."

i'm fuming.

"plus-i might as well ask james since he probably considers me more of a sibling than you ever could have been."

adam clenches his jaw. his hands tighten into fists. he's mad, really mad. "you have no place talking about my brother-"

juliette grabs adams hand as he tries to walk up to me.

"son of a motherless goat-" kenji cuts our argument short as he's rabid blinking at juliette holding onto adam, as if it was his imagination.

juliette quickly breaks their hands apart while her face goes red while adam has the same expression from before, annoyed.

kenjis against the wall, holding the 'ice pack' on his face. he looks up from their hands to look back up at me.

"oh shit, who's this chick?" he laughs. "don't tell me you took another girl from warner-adam you're taking all the ladies-i don't appreciate it, what's your name?"

"rome."

"what a beautiful name to go with a beautiful woman." he smiles, i roll my eyes while my nose wrinkles.

what the hell is up with this guy? i just met him.

"i'm fine."

"well . . i'm kenji. if you didn't know already."

"i already knew by the way you were screaming and your wonderful introduction."

"how about you have a bullet in yo-"

"you need to leave kenji, you already left a chemical trace straight to my house. i already have to deal with rome, she's enough on my plate."

"are you kidding me?"

"oh hey-woah-hold on." kenji stumbles into the living room, placing his hand on his leg to apply pressure. "i'm not trying to slow you down man, i know a place. like a super safe-legit place. i'll show you how to get there, i know a guy."

"bull." adam still angry. "how did you find me? how did you show up to my door kenji, i don't trust you-"

"i don't know man, i swear i don't remember what happened. i was hopping a few fences, then found a huge field with a old shed. i probably blacked out since it was cold-it was cold as hell-and the next thing you know i'm getting carried by some guy and he drops be off at your door. telling me to 'shut up about adam' because guess what? he lives right here!" he try's to wink while grinning.

"i guess i was dreaming about you adam." he stops talking for a second, glances back over to me. "i wouldn't mind dreaming about you thou-"

"wait-what?, who was carrying you? what did he look like? what was his name? did he know my name?" adam rambles, nostrils flaring.

"i don't know, he didn't tell me. it wasn't like i was stable enough to ask. but dude was huge. i mean, he had to be to carry my ass around."

"you can't expect me to believe you."

"you have no choice." kenji shrugs, legs starting to shake from being up that long.

"of course i have a choice." adam steps forward towards kenji. "i have no reason to trust you. no reason to believe any words that's coming out of your mouth."

adam and kenji keep going back and forth, adam saying how 'this is warners plan and all kenjis fault if they get caught.' while kenjis defending himself asking adam 'why didn't you kill me then?'.

it's been more than 5 minutes and both of them are yelling, while me and juliette stare.

i scoot myself closer to her, not close enough that both of our bodies are touching. "they're grown men, seriously." i whisper to juliette. she lets out a soft snort in return.

"this isn't about me, don't you get it? i worked my ass off too find a safe place for my brother, he's too young to deal with th-"

"we're all too young to deal with this shit man. no one should wake up and see dead bodies in their living room. but shit happens, we have to find a way to survive. you're not the only one with problems."

it seems adam accepts he lost the argument as he sits down on the couch, holding his head with his hands.

thoughts are running back and forth from my mind. dead bodies? what's been going on while adams at work? i pick the skin around my nails starting to get anxious.

"you know, you're pretty sexy for a psycho chick-you too, playing hard to ge-" adams back up now with the gun back in kenjis face, now directly on his forehead.

"show some respect." kenjis arms are up and is backing up slowly.

"i was kidding-"

"like hell you were."

"damn adam, chill seriously-"

now juliette's up and puts the gun in his face. should i get the gun from the dining table? i slowly back up from the three of them, so that i'm arms distance if i need to grab it.

when juliette is integrating kenji about this 'super safe place' i'm confused. genuinely confused.

i want to go back home with ingrid. sell produce, but i'm stuck here while adam and juliette threaten a guys life while he tries to flirt or be funny and find his way out it.

"if you guys don't believe me, im sure romeo over there will. i bet she would love to go back with me than stay with you."

"what? don't put words into my mouth."

he looks me up and down, laughs. "clearly we got on the wrong foot doll, since psycho chick won't give me the time or day maybe we can get alon-"

kenjis interrupted by adams elbow in his face.

adam doesn't help him with his bleeding nose this time.

𝟓/𝟓/𝟐𝟑
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄-
i had no idea how to end this chapter hopefully it's good pookie dookies

Fortsรฆt med at lรฆse

You'll Also Like

38.5K 554 48
I'm so thankful for my brother. So so thankful. I've been at my lowest many times, but he is still here, beside me when I need him the most, he gave...
63.1K 1.8K 22
- Blair Wrenlee an 18 year old girl who "accidentally shifts" into the universe of her recent book, Shatter Me. Or did she? .ใƒปใ€‚...
360K 15.7K 93
"i don't want to think of anything else now that i've thought of you." - daylight. A guide on how to get the girl-disclaimer: Only follow upcoming i...
40.1K 647 21
This is a fan fiction on the "touching Juliette trilogy" from Tahereh Mafi. The story continues two years after Juliette managed to take over sector...