Rogue | Daemon&Rhaenyra

By standwithcap

The blood of Old Valyria lives on still in both the Targaryens and Velaryons, and another who fits in neither... More

ROGUE
π–†π–ˆπ–™ π–”π–“π–Š
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
π–†π–ˆπ–™ π–™π–œπ–”

6

3.7K 158 7
By standwithcap

With the new heir being named, Daemon wants nothing more than to escape the confines of the Red Keep, and fly off to his ancestral homeland of Dragonstone. He was going to do it alone till he accidentally ran into the bastard girl on the way to the dragon pit. They bump shoulders, which prompts Saerra to apologize profusely whilst Daemon remains silent and just watches her. His gaze makes her uncomfortable, yet she is unable to look away. She keeps her eyes locked on his as his exterior shows nothing but a cold and calculated shell.

" Follow me."

Saerra listens to the Prince's words without a second thought. She follows him down the dusty trail to the depths of the pit, where she's met with his red beast.

Caraxes.

She's frozen in fear at the sight of the Blood Wyrm. Her feet are planted onto the ground as the dragon steps forward and rumbles the ground beneath his claw. Daemon tends to his dragon, where he gently pets the red scales to soothe the brute as his hair gets blown back with a huff.

" Come."

Saerra hesitantly approaches. Everything inside her tells her to run far away and never return to this hellish place, but his voice is just so soothing. She can't say no. As she gets close enough, Daemon grabs her hand and brings it to Caraxes's snout, where she nearly leaps out of her skin as she feels the rough scales against her palm. Saerra brings her eyes up to see Daemon watching intently, and as her heartbeat settles, the beast beneath her palm calms as well. The way his eyes sparkle against the sun brings her a sense of peace, despite standing in front of a giant dragon.

The Prince grabs her hand, thus guiding her on top of Caraxes, where she sits in the saddle with his back pressed against her chest. She feels her heart beat wildly in her stomach as her cheeks heat up, and is nowhere prepared as the dragon begins to flap its wings and fly up into the skies. Saerra's legs clench, using every muscle and all her strength as her hands clasp onto the saddle till her knuckles turn white.

" Relax."

Daemon is not one for comforting words, and he provides her no solace as Saerra's eyes close in pure terror as the wind beats against her face. Her braided hair flops against Daemon's face. Her hair tickles his chin as he controls the rageful beast till he sees the isle on the horizon. Caraxes lands on the green grass, where Saerra is still shaking in the saddle with her eyes shut tightly.

" You can open your eyes," Daemon utters as he removes himself from the saddle.

Saerra's eyes open gradually, taking her time to blink and adjust to the bright light, where her mind has not yet come to terms with her new surroundings until her feet are back on the ground.

" Where are we?"

" Dragonstone."

The Prince saunters off without another word, leaving Saerra frozen with a sour taste in her mouth as the fear and dread settles in, of which is amplified by the beast nasally roaring behind her. Saerra jumps, heart thumping as her eyes scan for the Prince so she may follow to get some answers.

" Dragonstone?" She questions as she trails behind, " Why are we on Dragonstone?"

" Because we flew here," The Prince simply answers.

" Yes, but I mean... why did you take us here?"

" Because I wanted to."

" Daemon-- My Prince, I cannot stay. My father will--"

" Your father doesn't give a fuck about where you are," Daemon utters as he turns to face the girl, " He probably doesn't even realize you're missing."

Saerra audibly gulps, feeling ever so small in comparrison to the Targaryen Prince before her.

" I shouldn't be here," She whispers, " He will get upset with me and punish me--"

" He punishes you?" Daemon questions.

To which the girl only nods in response.

Under normal circumstances, Daemon would remain uneffected and unbothered. It wouldn't sting his skin like a jellyfish, nor cause his heart to ache as it does now. His eyes flicker down, avoiding her captivating brown eyes to instead focus on her clothes, where he notices how torn, tattered and dirty the fabric truly is.

" When was the last time you received a new dress?" He questions, eyes still avoiding her gaze.

" Oh, um..." Saerra trails as she looks down to examine her clothes, " Many moons ago, my Prince."

Daemon only hums in response, then turns to continue his journey up the many steps to get to this castle. Saerra remains on the bottom steps, body still and unwaivering as she watches the Prince climb up.

" Don't make me come back down there and get you."

With that in mind, Saerra spurrs awake and begins to walk behind the silver-haired man up the grand stone steps till they reach the top gates and finally enter the castle. The old grey stone towers above them, making them appear tiny in comparisson. Saerra's head remains up and her eyes remain open to soak in all the sights, where as Daemon keeps his eyes and his head forward as he marches straight for his own quarters.

The Prince leaves Saerra all by her lonesome, though it is something she's quite used to. Solitude has been her friend for many years, and whilst it still stings, her smile remains. She's awestruck of the beautifully handcrafted designs of the castle and how effortlessly the natural light shines in and makes such a big room feel so bright.

Eventually, Saerra finds herself a quiant room after hours of wondering. The door creaks open to reveal the largest bed she's ever seen with a grand window that pears over the tides crashing down on the rocks below. The sound of the waves brings her back to a moment of comfort. It gives her a blanket of solace as she leans against the window to listen to the ocean and watch as the sun sets and paints the skies in colors of pink, orange and yellow. Her tiredness soon takes over, in which she gleefully gets under the silky covers of the large bed. She lays down and sleeps upon the most luxurious bed she's ever touched, giving her a marvelouss and heardy slumber.

And once she awakens, Saerra yawns and rubs her tired eyes whilst sitting up. Once her eyes open, she sees a dress made from gorgeous fabric and one that is silky smooth to the touch, a dress that could only have been given to her by one person.

Daemon.

[ daemon is just a big ol softie ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 9.6K 124
Love brought them together but a secret forged an unbreakable bond that they would carry until death. Who's death though, that was up for debate. πŸ‰...
331K 14.2K 77
Taelon was the first son, the heir of Viserys Targaryen but he was chaos, raging thunder in the capitals smooth waters and he couldnt stop himself fr...
7K 254 20
Daemon Targaryen learned from his own experience that being nice to your bastard daughter might be surprisingly beneficial. Even more so when she was...