4

" Did you read it?"

" Of course, I read it."

" When Princess Nymeria arrived in Dorne, who did she take to husband?"

" A man."

" What was his name?"

" Lord Something."

Lady Alicent Hightower sits beneath the Godswoods atop of blanket. Countless pillows surround her with a book in her hand and Princess Rhaenyra's head on her lap.

" If you answer with Lord Something, Septa Marlow will be furious," Alicent recalls.

" She's funny when she's furious," Rhaenyra chuckles as she plays with the ends of her hair.

But alas, her partner can read her as well as the open book in her lap.

" You're always like this when you're worried," Alicent states.

" Like what?" Rhaenyra ponders.

" Disagreeable," The Lady utters as they lock eyes for just a moment, " You're worried your father is about to overshadow you with a son."

" I only worry for my mother," The Princess declares as she fiddles with a leaf from the ground, " I hope for my father he gets a son. As long as I can recall, that's all he's ever wanted."

" You want him to have a son?"

" I want to fly with you on dragonback, see the great wonders across the Narrow Sea and eat only cake."

" I'm being serious."

" I never jest about cake."

But the Lady continues on. She continues pushing and pushing till she gets to the bottom of it. She knows that Rhaenyra, a girl she holds near and dear to her heart, is suffering. She knows Rhaenyra has a great deal of anxiety and worry, yet she prays for her mother to birth a son so her father will no longer be disappointed in his only daughter.

" Where are you going?" Rhaenyra sighs as her partner stands up to walk away.

" Home, the hour is late," Alicent recalls as she holds the large book in her hands.

" Princess Nymeria led her Rhoynar across the Narrow Sea on 10,000 ships to flee their Valyrian pursuers," The Princess lists off with ease, holding her hands behind her back as she watches the redhead open the book to check if the words are true, " She took Lord Mors Martell of Dorne to husband and burned her own fleet off Sunspear to show her people that they were finished running."

But then the Princess grabs the book from the page and tears it out, much to the Lady's horror.

" What are you doing?" Alicent gasps.

" So you remember," Rhaenyra says as she hands over the page.

" If the Septa sees this book--"

" Fuck the Septa."