21

The room is dimly lit by the soft glow of the flickering candles, casting a warm ambiance that embraces Saerra and her slumbering daughters. Exhaustion etches lines of weariness on Saerra's face, but her eyes remain fixed on Haelye and Maella, their innocent faces calm in the depths of sleep. She holds them close, their small bodies nestled against her, finding solace in their presence despite her weariness.

Baela and Rhaena stand at the doorway, their gazes filled with concern as they observe their stepmother's fatigue. Baela takes a step forward, her voice gentle yet resolute.

" You need to rest," She says softly.

Saerra's tired eyes meet Baela's, a mix of gratitude and hesitation shimmering within. She instinctively tightens her hold on Haelye and Maella, a protective instinct that refuses to waver. The weariness in her voice is palpable as she responds.

"I appreciate your concern, my beloveds," Saerra says, her voice soft yet firm, "But they need me. I must be here for them."

Baela and Rhaena exchange a knowing glance, silently acknowledging the depth of Saerra's love for her children. They step closer, their presence a gentle reassurance.

"We understand," Rhaena says, her voice filled with empathy, "But you need rest, too. It's been a long and trying journey for all of us."

Baela adds her voice, her tone gentle yet persistent.

"We will keep them safe while you rest."

Tears shimmer in Saerra's eyes as conflicting emotions wage war within her. She wants nothing more than to sink into the comforting embrace of sleep, but the thought of leaving her daughters even for a moment fills her with anxiety. The weariness that burdens her body battles with the unwavering love that fuels her spirit.

Saerra takes a deep breath, finding solace in Baela's words, in the unwavering support of her stepdaughters. With a tender sigh, she slowly eases her hold on Haelye and Maella, gently laying them down on the bed, arranging pillows around them to ensure their comfort.

Baela and Rhaena move to Saerra's side, their presence a silent reassurance. They encircle her with their arms, enveloping her in a cocoon of love and support. Saerra's weariness weighs heavily upon her, her body pleading for rest, and yet her heart tugs at the thought of leaving her daughters.

"Saerra, you need to rest," Rhaena whispers, her voice filled with understanding.

Saerra's tired eyes search Baela's and Rhaena's faces, finding nothing but sincerity and devotion. A tear escapes her eye, trailing down her cheek as she finally relents, surrendering to the exhaustion that threatens to consume her.

"Alright," Saerra whispers, her voice a fragile surrender, "Please keep my girls safe."

Baela and Rhaena nod, their eyes filled with determination and love. They guide Saerra to a nearby chair, their arms supporting her as she eases into its embrace. She leans back, closing her eyes, her heart finding solace in the knowledge that her stepdaughters will guard her daughters with fierce devotion.

As Saerra's breathing steadies and her exhaustion pulls her into the realm of slumber, Baela and Rhaena stand by the bed, their gazes fixed on the sleeping forms of Haelye and Maella. They exchange a knowing smile, a silent pact passing between them. They will be the guardians, the protectors, just as Saerra has always been for them.

Side by side, Baela and Rhaena stand vigil, their love a shield that will ward off any harm that may dare to approach. They lean in, pressing a gentle kiss to the foreheads of their sleeping sisters, whispering words of love and protection.